Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,311 members, 7,829,740 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

Arewa Consultative Forum Knocked Governors For Enacting Anti Grazing Bills - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arewa Consultative Forum Knocked Governors For Enacting Anti Grazing Bills (649 Views)

Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term - Oko Enya Tells NASS, Attorney-General / Amotekun Will Affect Nigeria's Unity - Arewa Consultative Forum / Charles Oko Enya: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arewa Consultative Forum Knocked Governors For Enacting Anti Grazing Bills by sarrki(m): 7:55am On Jan 13, 2018
an-Northern socio-cultural group, the Arewa Consultative Forum, said it had constituted a committee on how best to handle the anti-open grazing law which has been a bone of contention in some parts of the North.

The implementation of the law is currently causing crises in Benue, Taraba and Adamawa states, leading to the killing of hundreds of citizens and the destruction of property.

READ ALSO – Benue killings: If FG can’t protect us, we will raise an army, says Unongo

The Secretary-General of the ACF, Anthony Sani, told one of our correspondents in Kaduna via the telephone on Friday that the constitution of the committee became necessary because the forum believed the clashes bordered on occupation rather than on ethnicity or religion.

Sani, who did not name members of the committee, blamed governors for enacting laws that were not “implementable” just as he knocked the Fulani herdsmen for not “forgiving those who offended them.”

He said, “The ACF has actually constituted a committee on how best to go about the anti-open grazing law with a view to stopping clashes between herdsmen and farmers and improving the volume and quality of the livestock industry in the country.

“This is because the forum believes the clashes border on occupation rather than on ethnicity or religion. The committee has yet to submit its reports to the forum. It is after the submission of the report that well-informed positions on this important subject can be taken. Any law which cannot be implemented for whatever reasons in the interest of all the people should be reconsidered for performance.

“How frustrated we are with the challenges of community living should not make us believe that acts of revenge can address our concerns and bring about the peace needed for socio-economic development.

“There can be no justification for taking it out on innocent people under the pretext of revenge through reprisals. If God can forgive our transgressions, we should also forgive those who transgress against us.

“So, let the herdsmen and farmers come together and unleash their synergy against the collective challenges for a common interest. The two occupations are not mutually exclusive.”

Herdsmen attacks, a national challenge —Ortom

More inHome
I protested when my husband was named Kakanfo of Yorubaland –Erelu Mojisola Adams
Pythons, tigers displace dogs, cats as demand for exotic pets rises
Don Waney worked for politicians – Captured gang member
Police create gridlock to catch kidnappers, rescue victim in Lagos
MKO Abiola’s properties: Son accuses Kola, Deji and Agboola of ‘playing god’
The Governor of Benue State, Samuel Ortom, described attacks on farmers by Fulani herdsmen as a national challenge that required the cooperation of all Nigerians to surmount.

He spoke in Makurdi, Benue State capital, on Friday when he received a delegation of the Arewa Consultative Forum, led by its Chairman, Senator John Shagaya, at the Benue Peoples House, Makurdi.

Ortom said, “Several states, including Zamfara, Adamawa, Kaduna, Plateau, Ebonyi, Ogun, Abia, and Niger, have suffered attacks, which indicates that the problem transcends individual states.

“I saw the photograph of President Muhammadu Buhari at his ranch in Daura, Katsina State recently. This gave Nigerians the direction that ranching is the way to go in animal husbandry and as a disciplined person, the President knows what is good for the country

http://punchng.com/benue-killings-acf-sets-up-committee-on-anti-grazing-law/
Re: Arewa Consultative Forum Knocked Governors For Enacting Anti Grazing Bills by Nobody: 7:59am On Jan 13, 2018
There is nowhere in the modern world that cattle are still reared like this, herdsmen should ranch their cattle, buy land if you so much desire to graze in another state and pay tax.
Fulani does not own any land in Benue and Taraba states, land belongs to state and they have decided that open grazing is not acceptable to them and so it is supposed to be.
You can't go to someone's land and tell him that he enacted a law that is not 'implementable'.
This country sef
This Buhari regime sef
Re: Arewa Consultative Forum Knocked Governors For Enacting Anti Grazing Bills by agwom(m): 8:02am On Jan 13, 2018
Toh...
Re: Arewa Consultative Forum Knocked Governors For Enacting Anti Grazing Bills by sarrki(m): 8:02am On Jan 13, 2018
I have said it

Its a ploy to remain in power

That's what they did to Gej to move out of power
Re: Arewa Consultative Forum Knocked Governors For Enacting Anti Grazing Bills by NaijaMutant(f): 8:04am On Jan 13, 2018
Arewa will never ever condemn the herdsmen massacres.
Re: Arewa Consultative Forum Knocked Governors For Enacting Anti Grazing Bills by Pavore9: 8:05am On Jan 13, 2018
Observing.
Re: Arewa Consultative Forum Knocked Governors For Enacting Anti Grazing Bills by NaijaMutant(f): 8:06am On Jan 13, 2018
ok
sarrki:
I have said it

Just shut up and enjoy your CHAIN-ge
Re: Arewa Consultative Forum Knocked Governors For Enacting Anti Grazing Bills by Flyingngel(m): 8:06am On Jan 13, 2018
I definitely have nothing to say.
Re: Arewa Consultative Forum Knocked Governors For Enacting Anti Grazing Bills by aolawale025: 8:07am On Jan 13, 2018
I don't recall the ACF condemning herdsmen attacks
Re: Arewa Consultative Forum Knocked Governors For Enacting Anti Grazing Bills by sarrki(m): 8:10am On Jan 13, 2018
NaijaMutant:
ok

Just shut up and enjoy your CHAIN-ge

Shut up

I know you are pained of those looted fund that you didn't have access to anymore
Re: Arewa Consultative Forum Knocked Governors For Enacting Anti Grazing Bills by sarrki(m): 8:11am On Jan 13, 2018
ovadozes:
There is nowhere in the modern world that cattle are still reared like this, herdsmen should ranch their cattle, buy land if you so much desire to graze in another state and pay tax.
Fulani does not own any land in Benue and Taraba states, land belongs to state and they have decided that open grazing is not acceptable to them and so it is supposed to be.
You can't go to someone's land and tell him that he enacted a law that is not 'implementable'.

You have spoken well

I say to you

God bless you

Not those that politicize everything
Re: Arewa Consultative Forum Knocked Governors For Enacting Anti Grazing Bills by Nobody: 8:12am On Jan 13, 2018
sarrki:
I have said it

What is your point here??
Re: Arewa Consultative Forum Knocked Governors For Enacting Anti Grazing Bills by Nobody: 8:15am On Jan 13, 2018
sarrki:

You have spoken well

I say to you

God bless you

Not those that politicize everything
God bless you too.
But I don't like this regime one bit.
We have never had it this baaaaaad

1 Like

Re: Arewa Consultative Forum Knocked Governors For Enacting Anti Grazing Bills by fitzmayowa: 8:16am On Jan 13, 2018
aolawale025:
I don't recall the ACF condemning herdsmen attacks

Suddenly ACF found their lost voice when it's time to implement anti grazing law when they've never condemned the killings of the fulani herdsmen...

The anti grazing law stays ACF can go ahead and hit their heads against the wall...

If the fulani herdsmen do not stop this their terrorism they are simply calling for genocide, since everyone and everybody in those affected region are fed up and might take up arms...

I hope this will not be the beginning of a civil war...
Re: Arewa Consultative Forum Knocked Governors For Enacting Anti Grazing Bills by fitzmayowa: 8:20am On Jan 13, 2018
ovadozes:
This country sef
This Buhari regime sef

The fulani believe they are above the and they feel they can't change their way of life...

If you want to rear cows then buy a ranch and pay your tax, that is the way to go...
Re: Arewa Consultative Forum Knocked Governors For Enacting Anti Grazing Bills by sarrki(m): 8:20am On Jan 13, 2018
ovadozes:

What is your point here??

Its a power play

Want to retained power in the north for a fresh 8years from 2019
Re: Arewa Consultative Forum Knocked Governors For Enacting Anti Grazing Bills by Nobody: 8:28am On Jan 13, 2018
fitzmayowa:

The fulani believe they are above the and they feel they can't change their way of life...

If you want to rear cows then buy a ranch and pay your tax, that is the way to go...
That is it my brother
Re: Arewa Consultative Forum Knocked Governors For Enacting Anti Grazing Bills by DeanAmbrose: 8:29am On Jan 13, 2018
sarrki:

Its a power play

You have never seen anything. I thought you said your God the fake jagabantis is a master chess player? When Igbos warned you people about handing over power to the North, did your hatred for Igbo's allow you people to see reason?

You thought they are not aware that Yorubas are scheming to take over power after Buhari? You think the Hausa-Fulani will ever allow Tinubu to run for presidency under APC? God keep us alive. It will end in praise for the Igbos.
Re: Arewa Consultative Forum Knocked Governors For Enacting Anti Grazing Bills by Nobody: 8:32am On Jan 13, 2018
sarrki:

Its a power play

All we want is a good leader, a leader that will have a listening ear, not the one with selective judgement, he can come from the north or south, anywhere.
If this man should continue till 2023, hunger may kill the common man in the street.
Sarrki things are really hard, a bag of rice is 18k!!, don't tell me you live in Mars

(1) (Reply)

Pendulum By Dele Momodu / 11 Reasons President Buhari Must Be Re-elected / What I Want Nigerian Youths To Do For My Government – Buhari Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.