Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,166 members, 7,957,335 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 11:15 AM

Do We Need Onuoha In Super Eagles? Please Vote - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Do We Need Onuoha In Super Eagles? Please Vote (1052 Views)

Poll: Do we really need Chinedu Onuoha in the super eagles?

Yes: 75% (18 votes)
No: 12% (3 votes)
As Reserve: 12% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

Nedum Onuoha Left With Nasty Cut By Teammate (pics) / Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles / Manchester City's Nedum Onuoha Tops List Of Nigeria Probables (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do We Need Onuoha In Super Eagles? Please Vote by aloyemeka2: 6:43pm On Apr 11, 2010
Onuoha Free To Play For Nigeria - Mancini
Written by Dipo Ogunsola
Saturday, April 10, 2010

MANCHESTER City manager, Roberto Mancini says he will allow Nigeria's Lars Lagerback to have a chat with his defender, Nedum Onuoha on April 14 when the Super Eagles' Technical Adviser visits The Eastland.

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/apr/10/624.html

Onuoha, a former England's U-21 captain, wants to switch allegiance to Nigera in order to gain a World Cup experience at South Africa 2010 and Mancini states that the player is free to make a choice though he believes Onuoha should not dump England having served as a youth captain.

''The decision is for Nedum,'' Mancini told the club's website.

'I feel he should wait for his senior chance for England but the thought of going to the World Cup with Nigeria is also great," said the former Italian international.
Re: Do We Need Onuoha In Super Eagles? Please Vote by Iyineda(m): 8:53pm On Apr 11, 2010
We definitely need a player like Onuoha. Rock solid, super quick, gaining in experience with a top flight EPL club. What's more is that in the past few games now he has had a regular shirt, unlike more than half of the current Super Eagles stronghold. There shouldn't even be a poll to know what people think. If he does indeed wish to play for Nigeria, he is should have his spot in the team. Lagerback, please. embarassed
Re: Do We Need Onuoha In Super Eagles? Please Vote by MeGaStReEt: 10:47pm On Apr 11, 2010
He scored 2 beatiful goals for Man City today, Larberback does not have any choice but to invite him
Re: Do We Need Onuoha In Super Eagles? Please Vote by Kgdavid(m): 1:24am On Apr 12, 2010
Onuoha Apam Adeleye Taiwo

that is a defence line i would have faith in.
Re: Do We Need Onuoha In Super Eagles? Please Vote by aloyemeka2: 1:25am On Apr 12, 2010
Na so dem dey do until we invite them to super eagles. Don't you think we have better handlers in the defense than use an inexperienced player like Onuoha in the world cup?
Re: Do We Need Onuoha In Super Eagles? Please Vote by chelseabmw(m): 10:10am On Apr 12, 2010
[size=13pt]i just saw his two goals now.This guy is good[/size]
Re: Do We Need Onuoha In Super Eagles? Please Vote by Kgdavid(m): 10:24am On Apr 12, 2010
some folks here are just talking without having any idea of what they are saying. this guy is definately better by far than any thing we have at right back and he is just as good as any one we have at centre back. who says he is in experienced?this guy has been playin premier league football for years and he has played against barca. he also captained thhe england under 21s. what more experienced player do we have? yusuf in switzerland?
Re: Do We Need Onuoha In Super Eagles? Please Vote by jaybee3(m): 10:27am On Apr 12, 2010
100 times better than Shittu and on current form better than Yobo so a def YES
Re: Do We Need Onuoha In Super Eagles? Please Vote by morpheus24: 1:16pm On Apr 12, 2010
larger-beer needs the likes of a Full back like Onuoha. look at the gaoslhe scored for Man city yesterday. While the likes of Tevex was selfishly running up and down trying to add to his score sheet. The underestimated defender simply slid right throw and put in two beautiful goals.
Re: Do We Need Onuoha In Super Eagles? Please Vote by abrahym(m): 10:27pm On Apr 12, 2010
We need em in 9ja
Re: Do We Need Onuoha In Super Eagles? Please Vote by aloyemeka2: 11:28pm On Apr 12, 2010
SHITTU FOR LIFE whether you guys like it or NOT.
Re: Do We Need Onuoha In Super Eagles? Please Vote by 12large: 5:02am On Apr 13, 2010
i still don't think we need this guy. we should ask ourself why he rejected us in 2007, imagine using us as a second choice thats just plain disrestpectful
Re: Do We Need Onuoha In Super Eagles? Please Vote by dominique(f): 7:09pm On Apr 13, 2010
@topic. yeah we do

12large:

i still don't think we need this guy. we should ask ourself why he rejected us in 2007, imagine using us as a second choice thats just plain disrestpectful

is that what we should dwell on? when mikel snubbed the national team invite nko? wasn't he called back later?
what we need is are skillful young and experienced players.
Re: Do We Need Onuoha In Super Eagles? Please Vote by Kgdavid(m): 8:11pm On Apr 13, 2010
12large:

onuoha has claimed that he has never been approached by nigeria
Re: Do We Need Onuoha In Super Eagles? Please Vote by deb(m): 4:44pm On Apr 14, 2010
Kgdavid:

onuoha has claimed that he has never been approached by nigeria

Yes o! And i believe him because I know the NFF we have could be that irresponsible.
Re: Do We Need Onuoha In Super Eagles? Please Vote by 12large: 5:15pm On Apr 14, 2010
the onuoha guy is a liar, in 2007 vogts called him, he refused also last year amodu talked to him he refused. i know for sure that he is not going to world cup. by may 11 when lars submit his list onuoha will still not be cleared up by fifa. so lars will just tell him to wait after world cup. just look at kevin boateng case to know what am talking about
Re: Do We Need Onuoha In Super Eagles? Please Vote by Kgdavid(m): 7:52pm On Apr 14, 2010
i was thinking about that too but the way everybody is talking they sound confident of landing him. boatengs case may be a little different maybe due to his age or something coz its taken way too long
Re: Do We Need Onuoha In Super Eagles? Please Vote by aloyemeka2: 9:31pm On Apr 14, 2010
English press mounts pressure on Onuoha

Tuesday, April 13, 2010
* To commit self to England

[img]http://odili.net/news/source/2010/apr/13/vanguard/images/NedunNuoha[1].jpg[/img]
Nedum Onuoha

* Player considers Nigeria

MANCHESTER City boss, Roberto Mancini, has promised not to influence Nedum Onuoha’s decision on who to pledge his international future. Onuoha, who is England U-21 defender, has indicated he is thinking of switching allegiance to Nigeria.

The decision by the youngster has not gone down well with a section of the English press who want him to commit to the Three Lions. But Onuoha insists he is seriously considering playing for his country of birth, Nigeria, where former Sweden Coach, Lars Lagerback, is in charge of the national team.

Mancini said: “I have not spoken with Nedum and it must be a personal decision.

“I think he would like to play for England but if this is difficult, then appearing in the World Cup is important for a player.

“If he has a chance of playing for Nigeria then that is a good thing. But he has to decide.”

Meanwhile, Onuoha scored his team’s fourth goal in the 5-1 routing of Birmingham City on Sunday.

City is now four points clear of fifth-placed Tottenham, which still has to travel to Eastlands, thanks to a devastating spell of three goals in five minutes at the end of the first half.

Carlos Tevez’s penalty put City in front and Onuoha added a second, with Adebayor touching in a third after Cameron Jerome had pulled one back.

Onuoha scored a fourth midway through the second-half before Adebayor completed the hammering with a fifth goal late for City, which hosts bitter rivals, Manchester United this weekend.

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/apr/13/308.html

(1) (Reply)

Emenike: Keshi Used And Dumped Me / Tribute To Former Super Eagles, Adefemi Olubayo (13 August 1985 – 18 April 2011) / Happy Birthday To Tripple H

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.