Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

Religious Mum Who Forced Crucifix Down Daughter's Throat,convicted Of Murder!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religious Mum Who Forced Crucifix Down Daughter's Throat,convicted Of Murder!!! (477 Views)

I Have Finally Gotten The Crucifix I Was Looking For (PICS) / Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging / Masquerade Pictured Holding A Bible And Crucifix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religious Mum Who Forced Crucifix Down Daughter's Throat,convicted Of Murder!!! by Niflheim(m): 1:54pm On Jan 13, 2018
Rest in peace to the dead!!! cry cry cry cry cry

The mum thought that her daughter was possessed by demons, so she beat her repeatedly and forced a crucifix and medallion down her throat!!! Blood started to spill out of the daughter's mouth and she eventually died!!!

FULL STORY:

Francisco Merlos is still haunted by the image of Geneva Gomez’s lifeless body covered in blood — his ex-girlfriend’s arms spread out as though she had been crucified, with a large crucifix on her chest, according to court documents.

He had come to the North McKinley Avenue house in Oklahoma City to try to win her back two days after they broke up in 2016.

Gomez’s mother, Juanita, answered the door and let him in.

Moments later, Merlos saw the body. “I can just see my girl laying in there, like with her arms out, the crucifix right here,” he said Thursday. “You couldn’t even recognize her face at all. Like, that’s not my girl, you know?”

Juanita Gomez, 51, was found guilty of first-degree murder of her 33-year-old daughter on Thursday.

Geneva Gomez died after her mother beat her and forced a crucifix down her throat because she believed her child was possessed.

The jury recommended a sentence of life in prison without parole, according to Oklahoma County court officials. Merlos had testified that, after he saw Geneva Gomez’s body, Juanita Gomez put him in a headlock as he tried to leave and mumbled about the “devil” and “money,” according to the Oklahoman.

He then called Oklahoma City police, and officers found Geneva Gomez splayed on the floor with marks of severe trauma around her head and face, according to court documents. She was pronounced dead at the scene.

“She didn’t look anything like the woman that he loved,” Assistant District Attorney Suzanne Lavenue said of Merlos during the trial, according to the Oklahoman. “It scared him almost to death.”

Prosecutors said the crime scene looked like a “horror film,” the Oklahoman reported. Juanita Gomez later told police she believed her daughter was possessed by the devil, and she confessed to punching Geneva Gomez repeatedly and forcing a crucifix and religious medallion down her throat until blood spilled out of her daughter’s mouth. After watching her daughter die, Juanita Gomez spread the body out in the shape of a cross. She told police she then tried to clean her daughter and other items in the house.

Police in court documents noted that Juanita Gomez’s hands were swollen and her arms were bruised.

“Juanita stated these bruises were from her daughter fighting her attempts to rid Satan from her daughter’s body,” an Oklahoma City police investigator said in a 2016 court document.

Juanita Gomez had pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder. Court records show her defense attorneys planned to offer an insanity defense at trial, but a psychologist found Gomez was feigning memory problems to appear incompetent, the Oklahoman reported.

In his brief opening statement Tuesday, Juanita Gomez’s attorney, Nick Southerland, asked jurors to pay close attention to the evidence presented in the case and “not just the accusations,” the Oklahoman reported.

The link:.................................................https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2018/01/11/she-forced-a-crucifix-down-her-possessed-daughters-throat-now-shes-convicted-of-murder/?utm_term=.ef5485276872

Re: Religious Mum Who Forced Crucifix Down Daughter's Throat,convicted Of Murder!!! by DeSepiero(m): 2:00pm On Jan 13, 2018
...results of silly beliefs / superstitions

1 Like

Re: Religious Mum Who Forced Crucifix Down Daughter's Throat,convicted Of Murder!!! by Martinez19(m): 2:08pm On Jan 13, 2018
Shit! angry

1 Like

Re: Religious Mum Who Forced Crucifix Down Daughter's Throat,convicted Of Murder!!! by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jan 13, 2018
Christians

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Religious Mum Who Forced Crucifix Down Daughter's Throat,convicted Of Murder!!! by OkCornel(m): 7:03pm On Jan 13, 2018
Jesse01:
Christians

There are Christians that use their brain and common sense...but I can assure you, this one is not one of them...

This one is worse than fanaticism or terrorism sef... I don't know what to call this new level of stupidity...

Do you have any name you can suggest?

2 Likes

Re: Religious Mum Who Forced Crucifix Down Daughter's Throat,convicted Of Murder!!! by OkCornel(m): 7:05pm On Jan 13, 2018
DeSepiero:
...results of silly beliefs / superstitions

The woman was just naturally stupid...

Religion or no religion... this is one of the most brainless action I've ever heard in the name of religion...

If she didn't have a religion...I guess she'll still do something as stupid as rubbing a lipstick on her forehead to make up her mind...

1 Like

Re: Religious Mum Who Forced Crucifix Down Daughter's Throat,convicted Of Murder!!! by festwiz(m): 8:05pm On Jan 13, 2018
When you combine delusions, superstition, christianity and too much of "The Exorcist", this is bound to happen.

1 Like

Re: Religious Mum Who Forced Crucifix Down Daughter's Throat,convicted Of Murder!!! by OkCornel(m): 12:12am On Jan 14, 2018
festwiz:
When you combine delusions, superstition, christianity and too much of "The Exorcist", this is bound to happen.

This isn't applicable to Christians that use their brain.

God can't give you a brain and tell you not to use it at all because you have to worship Him...

Only religion+fanaticism preaches such trash

1 Like

Re: Religious Mum Who Forced Crucifix Down Daughter's Throat,convicted Of Murder!!! by pesty100(m): 12:34am On Jan 14, 2018
Deep Drinking with crucifix? Hmn
Re: Religious Mum Who Forced Crucifix Down Daughter's Throat,convicted Of Murder!!! by Elnino4ladies: 2:17am On Jan 14, 2018
SMH Religion has caused more harm than good.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What We Must Do To Be Saved. / PMCH. MFM. Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Ministries. March 2018 PMCH. / How Many You Are You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.