Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,617 members, 7,809,265 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:00 AM

Paula White - Give Me Money Or Suffer Consequences - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Paula White - Give Me Money Or Suffer Consequences (918 Views)

Evangelical W.H. Adviser Paula White Reveals Trump's Spiritual Journey From 2001 / Nkechi Bianze: COZA Agent Offered Me Money To Defend Pastor Biodun / Cultism, The Spiritual Consequences And Deliverance Through Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Paula White - Give Me Money Or Suffer Consequences by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jan 13, 2018
Extortion in the name of God: Televangelist Paula White, Trump’s spiritual advisor, tells followers to give her money, or suffer the consequences.

In a deplorable display of extortion in the name of the Lord, Paula White tells her followers to give her money or suffer the “consequences” for failing to obey God’s command.

The Christian Post reports:

Popular televangelist Paula White is urging her followers to donate a “first fruits” offering of up to their entire salary for the month of January to enjoy “blessings” for the rest of the year or suffer the “consequences” of failing to follow God’s command.

The money grubbing charlatan tried to justify her blatant attempt at extortion on her website by explaining “The Principles of First Fruits”:
Each January, I put God first and honor Him with the first of our substance by sowing a first fruits offering of one month’s pay. That is a big sacrifice, but it is a seed for the harvest I am believing for in the coming year. And God always provides!

White explains that if her followers do not give her money they will be punished by God because:
God lays claim to all firsts. So when you keep for yourself something that belongs to God you are desecrating what is to be consecrated to God.

White is known for preaching the controversial “prosperity gospel,” an immoral but popular method of relieving Christians of their hard earned cash; a method used by many if not most televangelists.

White’s message is stupid but simple: Money is a seed, and if you give money to the supposed messenger of God, in this case White, your “seed investment” will be returned to you by your imaginary God in a harvest of cash.
It is a deplorable con used to hustle gullible rubes blinded by ignorance and religious superstition.

In addition to preaching the “prosperity gospel,” the immoral televangelist is also Donald Trump’s spiritual advisor. Earlier this year White appeared on pastor Jim Bakker’s television program, where she declared that Christians will take over the U.S., and that any opposition to Trump is opposition to God.

At the time White said:

… whether people like him or not, he’s been raised up by God because God says that He raises up and places all people in places of authority. It is God that raises up a king, it is God that sets one down and so when you fight against the plan of God, you’re fighting against the hand of God.

Bottom line: Pastor Paula White, Trump’s spiritual advisor, threatens her gullible followers with God’s punishment if they do not give her money.

And so it goes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-pJa6FFRKg

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/2018/01/trumps-spiritual-advisor-give-money-suffer-consequences/
Re: Paula White - Give Me Money Or Suffer Consequences by Desyner: 3:33pm On Jan 13, 2018
I suspect she is being interpreted out of context.

Alot of times, we mix the physical and the spiritual to get ourselves confused.
Take for example Abraham and Abimelech in Genesis chapter 20, Abimelech took Abraham's wife unknowingly thinking she was his sister and God killed Abimelech, but we find out that Abimelech was still alive physically.
However verses 17 and 18 shows in unmistakable terms that God had infact killed Abimelech by making all his wives and maid barren the moment he took Abraham's wife Sarah unknowingly.

The law of first fruit is still alive and effective but people tend to give canal interpretation to too many things. I pray somebody understands my little post.

2 Likes

Re: Paula White - Give Me Money Or Suffer Consequences by judedwriter(m): 3:42pm On Jan 13, 2018
I like the prosperity gospel, it can make you rich on earth, but it CAN'T take you to heaven. Prosperity preachers may (sadly) miss heaven if they are not careful with their teachings...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paula White - Give Me Money Or Suffer Consequences by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jan 13, 2018
Desyner:

Alot of times, we mix the physical and the spiritual to get ourselves confused.
Take for example Abraham and Abimelech in Genesis chapter 20, Abimelech took Abraham's wife unknowingly thinking she was his sister and God killed Abimelech, but we find out that Abimelech was still alive physically.
However verses 17 and 18 shows in unmistakable terms that God had infact killed Abimelech by making all his wives and maid barren the moment he took Abraham's wife Sarah unknowingly.

The law of first fruit is still alive and effective but people tend to give canal interpretation to too many things. I pray somebody understands my little post.

Confusion right up there!

Collecting so called first fruits by pastors is daylight ROBBERY. Shame on all those who practice this LIE.

1 Like

Re: Paula White - Give Me Money Or Suffer Consequences by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jan 13, 2018
judedwriter:
I like the prosperity gospel, it can make you rich on earth, but it CAN'T take you to heaven. Prosperity preachers may (sadly) miss heaven if they are not careful with their teachings...

The prosperity gospel ONLY makes the charlatan PASTORS rich.
Re: Paula White - Give Me Money Or Suffer Consequences by judedwriter(m): 8:40pm On Jan 13, 2018
frosbel2:

The prosperity gospel ONLY makes the charlatan PASTORS rich.
No....that's where most christians miss it and remain in poverty. If you want to be rich, you must learn to give more and more freely to the gospel. It seems foolishness to give more feely, but Bible says those who scatter will increase and those who withhold will be in want.

The only problem is that many pastors now take advantage of God's word on giving and enrich themselves greedily on people's seed, tithes and offerings. Such pastors can't make heaven.

The prosperity gospel is all about giving...and giving can really bless you.
Re: Paula White - Give Me Money Or Suffer Consequences by Joagbaje(m): 4:32am On Jan 14, 2018
Desyner:

Thats true. it happens a lot here. by the time you get the real story many insults would have passed under the bridge.
Re: Paula White - Give Me Money Or Suffer Consequences by luvmijeje(f): 4:50am On Jan 14, 2018
Any pastor can come to pulpit and preach what he or she has been led to teach. But what's critical as God's children is obedience to the Spirit. As you are led by the Spirit. Give according to how you're led by the Spirit.

The issue is most people insist on being babies when it comes to their relationship with God. That's why any jack and Harry can come to the pulpit and micromanage them because they refuse to grow up.
Re: Paula White - Give Me Money Or Suffer Consequences by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jan 14, 2018
Joagbaje:

Thats true. it happens a lot here. by the time you get the real story many insults would have passed under the bridge.

What else do we expect from you!

(1) (Reply)

Happy Birthday To Gospel Singer ‘travis Greene’. / Have You Met Jesus With The Gospel Of The Water And The Spirit? / Mobile Bible App Vs Physical Bible Which Is Ideal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.