Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,684 members, 7,831,121 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

Shake It Off - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Shake It Off (898 Views)

The Amebo Principle In Chidi Anthony Opara’s "I Dey Shake Head 3" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Shake It Off by newera(f): 8:09pm On Mar 01, 2007
No one knows the author of this great piece. May be a true story or maybe not. But it is so inspiring. If life is throwing any kind of dirt at you, why not shake it off and step out. I hope you enjoy it.

One day a farmer's donkey fell down into a well. The animal cried piteously for hours as the farmer tried to figure out what to do.
Finally he decided the animal was old, and the well needed to be covered up anyway; it just wasn't worth it to retrieve the donkey.
He invited all his neighbours to come over and help him. They all grabbed a shovel and began to shovel dirt into the well. At first, the donkey realized what was happening and cried horribly. Then, to everyone's amazement, he quieted down. A few shovel loads later, the farmer finally looked down the well, and was astonished at what he saw.
With every shovel of dirt that hit his back, the donkey was doing something amazing. He would shake it off and take a step up. As the farmer's neighbours continued to shovel dirt on top of the animal, the donkey would shake it off and take a step up. Pretty soon, everyone was amazed as the donkey stepped up over the edge of the well and trotted off!
Re: Shake It Off by Orikinla(m): 1:27pm On Mar 02, 2007
Madam,
Your didactic story just made my day and enough to see me through the journey of life.

God bless.

N.B:
If you have not done so, you should enter any of your novels for the Pat Utomi Prize.

(1) (Reply)

How To Market A New Nigerian Novel / New Poetry Collection / Read The Heartbreaking Story Of The Chinese At Nanking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.