Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,369 members, 7,954,497 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:29 PM

Elizabeth Banu Weds Cyril Stober. Traditional Wedding Photo - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Elizabeth Banu Weds Cyril Stober. Traditional Wedding Photo (114993 Views)

Boy Who Photobombed Traditional Wedding Photo Has Been Found / Traditional Wedding Photo Of Davido And Kim Kardashian (Photoshopped) / Juliet Ibrahim Weds Iceberg Slim (Court Wedding Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elizabeth Banu Weds Cyril Stober. Traditional Wedding Photo by moorevic(m): 8:21am On Jan 14, 2018
Elizabeth Banu is what i call BTW " Big Thick woman"
Re: Elizabeth Banu Weds Cyril Stober. Traditional Wedding Photo by Nobody: 8:22am On Jan 14, 2018
naptu2:

I remember that case very well. I often use it as an example to show people why it's sometimes absolutely necessary for the government to separate some children from their parents.

That woman was a forerunner to that Helen psycho in akwa ibom. Sad that things have gotten worse and it is now acceptable to brand children as witches.
Re: Elizabeth Banu Weds Cyril Stober. Traditional Wedding Photo by Nedfed(m): 8:30am On Jan 14, 2018
Cyril Stober and Ayinde Soaga are like ... & ..
When it comes to NTA news

2 Likes

Re: Elizabeth Banu Weds Cyril Stober. Traditional Wedding Photo by Odjesha: 10:34am On Jan 14, 2018
dat means na only news caster come dey marry themself now?yestaday was maupe ogun and Mohammed today na Cyril stoba and Elizabeth ,so who next?
Re: Elizabeth Banu Weds Cyril Stober. Traditional Wedding Photo by TourismMan(m): 10:38am On Jan 14, 2018
mybestlove:
This dude no dey retire? Started seeing him in NTA news in my primary school days, I'm now a father of 5 children and he's still in NTA. I tire o

Exactly! Started watching him presenting news from primary school days and till today, the man is still on. People no longer retire or what?

1 Like

Re: Elizabeth Banu Weds Cyril Stober. Traditional Wedding Photo by Kingx4sure: 11:11am On Jan 14, 2018
MA23:

Wow,you been to zaria, I was born in zaria, I knew him also in zaria, when no station to watch , we must watxh the news
I lived at Wusasa for 6 years plus. Back then, once it's 9pm, my uncle would switch to NTA. Initially, I didn't like watching it. But with time, I started getting used to it grin grin grin. Staying in Zaria was interesting back then, can't say much about now

2 Likes

Re: Elizabeth Banu Weds Cyril Stober. Traditional Wedding Photo by BushWickBill: 11:18am On Jan 14, 2018
naptu2:

She's one of the newscasters that I mentioned in my list.

She was also teased by Yinka Craig when she got married to Razak Lawal.

She presented the news on the Sunday after she got married. We were waiting to see if she would be introduced as Sienne Alwell-Brown or Sienne Lawal, but after beginning Newsline, Yinka Craig introduced her as Sienne All-Well-Wed.
Lol
I remember that very vaguely.
Thanks for refreshing our memories with these.
You just made my day.

Back then NTA was very watchable not necessarily because of the content but by virtue of the packaging. The presenters were top notch.
How we lost all that quality is saddening.

I remember looking forward to watching John Momoh on the Saturday News at9.

Sigh.

Thank you all the same. I really do appreciate this trip down memory lane.

1 Like

Re: Elizabeth Banu Weds Cyril Stober. Traditional Wedding Photo by hurricanekatrina(f): 11:33am On Jan 14, 2018
nice. i love this two people .
Re: Elizabeth Banu Weds Cyril Stober. Traditional Wedding Photo by CioAngels(f): 2:59pm On Jan 14, 2018
mybestlove:
This dude no dey retire? Started seeing him in NTA news in my primary school days, I'm now a father of 5 children and he's still in NTA. I tire o
Didn't you read he retired from NTA?
Re: Elizabeth Banu Weds Cyril Stober. Traditional Wedding Photo by blaqroy: 9:56pm On Jan 14, 2018
No jareh but I have heard much about them
uchman48:
this guy is like u are frm Afikpo
Re: Elizabeth Banu Weds Cyril Stober. Traditional Wedding Photo by laudate: 10:22pm On Jan 14, 2018
BushWickBill:
Lol
I remember that very vaguely.
Thanks for refreshing our memories with these.
You just made my day.

Back then NTA was very watchable not necessarily because of the content but by virtue of the packaging. The presenters were top notch.
How we lost all that quality is saddening.

I remember looking forward to watching John Momoh on the Saturday News at9.

Sigh.

Thank you all the same. I really do appreciate this trip down memory lane.
Yes, o! shocked The first time I heard Frank Olize speaking on NTA, I thought he was singing! cheesy Funmi Odubekun was a glamour girl. I heard from my aunties at that time, that anything she wore on air, especially her head-ties, often ended up setting a fashion trend. Those broadcasters in NTA back then, were well trained.wink Chinyere Anyiam-Osigwe was another good presenter, along with Augusta Maduegbunam.

Unlike now, when continuity announcers and news presenters especially on private TV stations are something else. They cannot decide what accent to adopt, and they find it so easy to murder Nigerian names. For some of them, their accent starts out as a British one, which changes halfway to an American one, and then ends up as a mangled mix of both. angry

5 Likes

Re: Elizabeth Banu Weds Cyril Stober. Traditional Wedding Photo by BushWickBill: 7:49am On Jan 15, 2018
laudate:

Yes, o! shocked The first time I heard Frank Olize speaking on NTA, I thought he was singing! cheesy Funmi Odubekun was a glamour girl. I heard from my aunties at that time, that anything she wore on air, especially her head-ties, often ended up setting a fashion trend. Those broadcasters in NTA back then, were well trained.wink Chinyere Anyiam-Osigwe was another good presenter, along with Augusta Maduegbunam.

Unlike now, when continuity announcers and news presenters especially on private TV stations are something else. They cannot decide what accent to adopt, and they find it so easy to murder Nigerian names. For some of them, their accent starts out as a British one, which changes halfway to an American one, and then ends up as a mangled mix of both. angry

Frank Olize had an opening monologue that sometimes included him singing. That guy was a creative genius. He had a way of drawing you to watch the program and before you knew it Newsline was the most popular program on tv back then.
The reporters were well spoken and basic letting you into their stories without being overbearing.

Right now it's hard to watch local tv stations even those on satellite. They must be all in your face with their contrived accents and overbearing attitudes.

Nigeria was once a simple but quality society back then.

3 Likes

Re: Elizabeth Banu Weds Cyril Stober. Traditional Wedding Photo by naptu2: 10:50am On Jan 15, 2018
laudate:

BushWickBill:

Frank Olize had an opening monologue that sometimes included him singing. That guy was a creative genius. He had a way of drawing you to watch the program and before you knew it Newsline was the most popular program on tv back then.
The reporters were well spoken and basic letting you into their stories without being overbearing.

Right now it's hard to watch local tv stations even those on satellite. They must be all in your face with their contrived accents and overbearing attitudes.

Nigeria was once a simple but quality society back then.

Yinka Craig and Patrick Oke started that practice of beginning Newsline with jokes and an opening monologue in 1989.

They called Cyril "Your Reach Out Stober" and Sienne "All-Well-Wed".

Frank Olize was already known for asking hilarious questions on the streets of Lagos in the 1980s (it got to a point that some members of the public would have already started laughing before Frank asked his question), so it was very easy for him to continue the practice.

His jokes had an effect on all newscasters except Hauwa Baba-Ahmed. She always began with, "Good evening. Here is the news" (delivered with a straight face), no matter what Frank said.

Let's also not forget the super legends like Julie Coker (I had a crush on her), Rosemary Anieze-Adams (I was in awe of her voice) and Anike Agbaje-Williams.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elizabeth Banu Weds Cyril Stober. Traditional Wedding Photo by Landuphil(m): 1:15pm On Jan 15, 2018
Momsy favourite Newscaster cool cool

Happy married life Cyril Stobber!
Re: Elizabeth Banu Weds Cyril Stober. Traditional Wedding Photo by jericco1(m): 6:39am On Jan 16, 2018
I remember he telling me.
"I'm at at the office, why are you keeping me waiting, we agreed on 11am and you're not here"

and Mrs Tallatu was telling me that I looked like his son. .person we dey UK.
and that Banu sef. cool woman.
it was a nice experience with all of them.

1 Like

Re: Elizabeth Banu Weds Cyril Stober. Traditional Wedding Photo by pamcode(m): 8:16am On Jan 16, 2018
All this names am seeing lol. Happy married life to them.
Re: Elizabeth Banu Weds Cyril Stober. Traditional Wedding Photo by thatigboman: 12:07pm On Jan 16, 2018
Immarocks:
Nice to know his from adamawa use to think his from d east....nothing much said abt Lizzy dou.

funny how we know so much abt entertainment celebrities but nothing about educational celebrities ,legends and pioneers who show sanity even been on air all dis years. (yet most pple know nothing about dem).

if it's one musician,actor or actress now d relationship for don make wave sell market well well.

HML........ Cyril n Lizzy
he is not from adamawa. Elizabeth Banu is the one from Adamawa. He's from sierra leone, but claims minna.

2 Likes

Re: Elizabeth Banu Weds Cyril Stober. Traditional Wedding Photo by thatigboman: 12:12pm On Jan 16, 2018
desreek9:

That is why i said according to my dad, you also forgot we had the great TOKUNBO AJAYI in the early 1990's, she was the best among them all.
oh. I remember Tokunbo Ajayi. And John Momoh. But my greatest is Siene Razak Lawal.

1 Like

Re: Elizabeth Banu Weds Cyril Stober. Traditional Wedding Photo by Immarocks(f): 1:26pm On Jan 16, 2018
thatigboman:
he is not from adamawa. Elizabeth Banu is the one from Adamawa. He's from sierra leone, but claims minna.

oh tnx ...did nt read it well I guess....

1 Like

Re: Elizabeth Banu Weds Cyril Stober. Traditional Wedding Photo by enomakos(m): 3:53pm On Jan 16, 2018
Immarocks:
Nice to know his from adamawa use to think his from d east....nothing much said abt Lizzy dou.

funny how we know so much abt entertainment celebrities but nothing about educational celebrities ,legends and pioneers who show sanity even been on air all dis years. (yet most pple know nothing about dem).

if it's one musician,actor or actress now d relationship for don make wave sell market well well.

HML........ Cyril n Lizzy
he is from sierra leone

1 Like

Re: Elizabeth Banu Weds Cyril Stober. Traditional Wedding Photo by BushWickBill: 4:11pm On Jan 16, 2018
naptu2:

Yinka Craig and Patrick Oke started that practice of beginning Newsline with jokes and an opening monologue in 1989.

They called Cyril "Your Reach Out Stober" and Sienne "All-Well-Wed".

Frank Olize was already known for asking hilarious questions on the streets of Lagos in the 1980s (it got to a point that some members of the public would have already started laughing before Frank asked his question), so it was very easy for him to continue the practice.

His jokes had an effect on all newscasters except Hauwa Baba-Ahmed. She always began with, "Good evening. Here is the news" (delivered with a straight face), no matter what Frank said.

Let's also not forget the super legends like Julie Coker (I had a crush on her), Rosemary Anieze-Adams (I was in awe of her voice) and Anike Agbaje-Williams.

I can swear there was no warm blooded male alive that didn't at the very least take a curious glance at that woman.

That lady was very very pretty. As a little boy I can't tell you some of the thoughts I had of her in my mind grin
Re: Elizabeth Banu Weds Cyril Stober. Traditional Wedding Photo by MA23: 4:39pm On Jan 16, 2018
Kingx4sure:
I lived at Wusasa for 6 years plus. Back then, once it's 9pm, my uncle would switch to NTA. Initially, I didn't like watching it. But with time, I started getting used to it grin grin grin. Staying in Zaria was interesting back then, can't say much about now
wow me too,I stayed in sabon gari,it was fun anyway nice meeting you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Elizabeth Banu Weds Cyril Stober. Traditional Wedding Photo by Kingx4sure: 7:36pm On Jan 16, 2018
MA23:

wow me too,I stayed in sabon gari,it was fun anyway nice meeting you
You are welcome bro.

Re: Elizabeth Banu Weds Cyril Stober. Traditional Wedding Photo by successfulfavor: 10:54pm On Feb 26, 2018
oyb:

We used to follow newline religiously back then. We need people like Frank olize today. There was this episode where this white garment nutcase woman was claiming two girls were witches stopping their dads progress. She had burned the hands of one of them. Frank set her up well. There was the woman on national TV all pumped up saying yes I burnt her hands she is a witch. The next week she had been arrested, deflated and was denying burning the girls hands.

Even Mama's case ...that old woman that claimed she gave birth to a baby
Re: Elizabeth Banu Weds Cyril Stober. Traditional Wedding Photo by pooozeee(m): 9:13pm On Dec 06, 2018
Cyril Stober likes the female colleagues a lot

Re: Elizabeth Banu Weds Cyril Stober. Traditional Wedding Photo by jbblues24(m): 10:16am On May 31, 2019
Tremendously delightful :-) cheesy
Re: Elizabeth Banu Weds Cyril Stober. Traditional Wedding Photo by olakay11087: 10:43am On May 31, 2019
Hnmmmmm. Thev been seeing them selves after 9pm news. May God help us with office romance oh shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tiwa Savage To Wizkid: "That Is Why I F@ck With You Lion" / Peruzzi: Nothing Can Break My Relationship With Davido / Emmanuella Samuel's New Height

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.