Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,848 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

Best Universities According To NUC First Ever Open Education Resources Ranking - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Best Universities According To NUC First Ever Open Education Resources Ranking (40096 Views)

Breaking: Federal University Lafia Submits To Nuc's Order, Announces Resumption / Best & Worst Universities In Nigeria According To NUC / See The Best Universities In Nigeria According To NUC Ranking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Universities According To NUC First Ever Open Education Resources Ranking by Futurecrown(m): 7:10am On Jan 14, 2018
RobinRay:
abeg where UNIBEN dey?
Two Universities were selected out of the six first generation Universities. You knw UNIBEN, OAU,ABU and UNN belongs to the first generation Uni, that was the reason you couldn't see them on the list except Unilag, and UI.
Re: Best Universities According To NUC First Ever Open Education Resources Ranking by eyinjuege: 7:12am On Jan 14, 2018
shankara7:
Where did you see only 50 universities participated? When the list said 160 universities. UI is clearly on the 5th position.

Read from the 5th - 8th line.

Then go to the last paragraph the very bottom before the ranking

Please kindly show me your list showing 160 universities.. I can't seem to find that anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Best Universities According To NUC First Ever Open Education Resources Ranking by shankara7: 7:37am On Jan 14, 2018
eyinjuege:

Read from the 5th - 8th line.

Then go to the last paragraph the very bottom before the ranking

Please kindly show me your list showing 160 universities.. I can't seem to find that anywhere.
Opting out of an exercise conducted by National Universities regulatory body is even a disgraceful act even if that is the case but it's not.

Re: Best Universities According To NUC First Ever Open Education Resources Ranking by shankara7: 7:50am On Jan 14, 2018
Futurecrown:
Two Universities were selected out of the six first generation Universities. You knw UNIBEN, OAU,ABU and UNN belongs to the first generation Uni, that was the reason you couldn't see them on the list except Unilag, and UI.
It's a shame most of you can't understand a simple report. Can't you see where it was bracketed "Out of 6" for first generation universities, meaning 6 first generation universities participated (Which should be the number of 1st generation universities we have). And I hope you understand the meaning of first generation universities?
Re: Best Universities According To NUC First Ever Open Education Resources Ranking by samuelizz(m): 8:37am On Jan 14, 2018
Who ranking EPP?
Re: Best Universities According To NUC First Ever Open Education Resources Ranking by eyinjuege: 1:28pm On Jan 14, 2018
shankara7:
Opting out of an exercise conducted by National Universities regulatory body is even a disgraceful act even if that is the case but it's not.

Do you agree with me now that it's only 50 universities that were assessed? Those not assessed are not part of the data you have, so it might not be a true reflection.

Now, it's not about universities opting out, but rather not meeting deadlines and submissions of requirements for these exercises.
It's the first of its kind according to them, so hopefully subsequent rankings are better and more inclusive.
Its obviously not compulsory they are included otherwise they would have been penalised for it.
I'm still wondering what the case you were referring to is though, in your last sentence. Kindly expantiate (it seems you still dont agree only 50 unis were assessed, and still believe 160 were. I showed you from the Ops post where it stated clearly only 50 participated)
Re: Best Universities According To NUC First Ever Open Education Resources Ranking by shankara7: 2:54pm On Jan 14, 2018
eyinjuege:

Do you agree with me now that it's only 50 universities that were assessed? Those not assessed are not part of the data you have, so it might not be a true reflection.

Now, it's not about universities opting out, but rather not meeting deadlines and submissions of requirements for these exercises.
It's the first of its kind according to them, so hopefully subsequent rankings are better and more inclusive.
Its obviously not compulsory they are included otherwise they would have been penalised for it.
I'm still wondering what the case you were referring to is though, in your last sentence. Kindly expantiate (it seems you still dont agree only 50 unis were assessed, and still believe 160 were. I showed you from the Ops post where it stated clearly only 50 participated)
Can't you see the screenshot I posted? It was clearly stated "Overall ranking out of 160 universities"

Re: Best Universities According To NUC First Ever Open Education Resources Ranking by eyinjuege: 3:14pm On Jan 14, 2018
shankara7:
Can't you see the screenshot I posted? It was clearly stated "Overall ranking out of 160 universities"

I also showed you only 50 were part of the exercise out of 160.
Out of 6 first generation universities, only 2 participated and were ranked. OAU, UNN and ABU were not part of the exercise and were not ranked despite being part of the possible 160 tertiary institutions in Nigeria.
Re: Best Universities According To NUC First Ever Open Education Resources Ranking by shankara7: 9:26pm On Jan 14, 2018
eyinjuege:

I also showed you only 50 were part of the exercise out of 160.
Out of 6 first generation universities, only 2 participated and were ranked. OAU, UNN and ABU were not part of the exercise and were not ranked despite being part of the possible 160 tertiary institutions in Nigeria.
You clearly don't know the meaning of Open Educational Resources nor how the ranking is done. Cheers!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pregnant At 18, Best Graduating Student At 25 / ASUU Leaders Chase Kogi Governor Away From Hospital / Prof. Njoku Sex-For-Mark Video: IMSU Students To Face IGP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.