Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,992 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:07 PM

Between Gani Adams And Nnamdi Kanu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Between Gani Adams And Nnamdi Kanu (3258 Views)

Honestly, IPOB And NNAMDI KANU Has Gained My Respect Today / Otunba Gbenga Celebrates With Aare Gani Adams And Sells Atiku's Programme / Fayose And Nnamdi Kanu Hug In Court Abuja (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between Gani Adams And Nnamdi Kanu by obaaderemi: 6:27pm On Jan 14, 2018
nku5:

1. There is a clear difference here. Yoruba elders declared disenchantment with Nigeria when IBB annulled MKO Abiola's victory. Dr. Fasehun formed OPC and Gani joined. Later Gani fell out with Fasehun (who he called a sellout). Gani took his elders struggle to a new violent level. Many Igbo elders on the other hand had nothing for the youths to follow except for their stomachs. That's why a young man had to do something bold.

2. It is time to get over navel-gazing about "insults". Nnamdi Kanu brought more pressure to the national question than any other person or group since the civil war. Was it worth abandoning the most pressing issue because one man offended you?

2. It is time to get over navel-gazing about
"insults". Nnamdi Kanu brought more pressure to
the national question than any other person or
group since the civil war.

More reason why Igbo leaders and intellectuals should have backed him but the level at which they distanced themselves from him was cowardly. They could have brought more sanity to the struggle. It's either the man himself was a scammer or he was sold out by his own people.

1 Like

Re: Between Gani Adams And Nnamdi Kanu by futurism: 8:05pm On Jan 14, 2018
magoo10:
in life there is always a room for amendment's nobody is perfect ,in this life no matter how good you try people will always talk you down,Nigerians are not the kind of people you speak to with bedroom voice if you need a change, it has been tried over and over but failed which is why most leaders take advantage to rape the common man. as for the spirit it is not dead .
I also hope he is not dead but I believe that in life when the tempo gets tough you retreat to fight another day.
So many things happened prior to his dissapearing that ordinary minds cannot understand, nnamdi KANU is also playing a psychological warfare.

Nnamdi KANU faught a good fight especially without shooting a single bullet,no matter what you think he is a hero to many especially when a lot he said is manifesting and will continue to manifest.

Biafra lives on

I appreciate the the fact that you spoke calmly about this. I was expecting the usual insults.

One day, I and my neighbour were out and a man did something right in a wrong way. After the man had left, he said to me: "he had a good intention with bad approach"

Such is the best definition of what happened with Nnamdi Kanu / IPOB agitation.

At the peak of it all, when you try to correct them, you a said to be an Sonja, even though you are igbo.

How sad!

Many times people tried to amend their approach to this thing because they believe it good but only being implemented wrongly.

A man of his age and calibre goes on to call people pigs, animals, mad, stupid... And you also claim to be learned?

I don't mean you ought to be docile in your agitations, but don't stretch it up to insulting people old enough to be your father. It is wrong.

If only he co-ordinated this thing well, my God, the entire country in the south would have been on fire by now... But what do you expect people to feel when you make them look like they are all your enemy?

He appeared too egocentric, not willing to take corrections. His followers also made things worse by spreading too many lies...

How about you hold meetings with people of Kogi, Benue, Akwa Ibom, table your opinion, hear theirs... This how people with intelligence of 21 century act... Gather people, persuade them, win them over, show your plans, make them feel among by allowing them contribute their ideas too.

Nope, he didn't do that. He stayed in the east, drew a map and lump everybody together., giving off signals as though you plan to use and dump them after attaining your objective, as if they were slaves... Before you argue that it's not the case... Remember actions Speaks louder than words!

Today it is Isreal and tomorrow it is Trump to the rescue, making a mockery of the whole venture. I felt so ashamed in those times. I felt so pained.

The one that drove me insane is when a member called Stephanie okereke is prostitute. To what end?

My God... If it were offline I would have fought that bastard till we spill our blood.

There is no sugar coating it please. If it had been allowed to continue, a lot of evil would have been birthed. These guys were insulting people up and down.

Generally, Nnamdi Kanu case clearly describe the story of bini king and his brother. It was coined to describe one with strength but lacking wisdom.

Nnamdi Kanu is brave but he lacks wisdom. He(if he still alive) needs someone with indepth wisdom of Nigerian politics to partner with. Igbos, from my own personal observation politically are lacking wisdom.

I would choose a man with wisdom but lack courage than he with courage but lack wisdom. With wisdom, you can find courage in someone else but not otherwise.

I hope he still alive, I hope he can come back better and stronger... But if after Buhari's tenure we do not hear anything about him, it means two things : he has been killed or he has been paid off.

1 Like

Re: Between Gani Adams And Nnamdi Kanu by magoo10(m): 9:49pm On Jan 14, 2018
futurism:

I appreciate the the fact that you spoke calmly about this. I was expecting the usual insults.

One day, I and my neighbour were out and a man did something right in a wrong way. After the man had left, he said to me: "he had a good intention with bad approach"

At the peak of it all, when you try to correct them, you a said to be an Sonja, even though you are igbo.

How sad!

Many times people tried to amend their approach to this thing because they believe it good but only being implemented wrongly.

A man of his age and calibre goes on to call people pigs, animals, mad, stupid... And you also claim to be learned?

I don't mean you ought to be docile in your agitations, but don't stretch it up to insulting people old enough to be your father. It is wrong.

If only he co-ordinated this thing well, my God, the entire country in the south would have been on fire by now... But what do you expect people to feel when you make them look like they are all your enemy?

He appeared too egocentric, not willing to take corrections. His followers also made things worse by spreading too many lies...

How about you hold meetings with people of Kogi, Benue, Akwa Ibom, table your opinion, hear theirs... This how people with intelligence of 21 century act... Gather people, persuade them, win them over, show your plans, make them feel among by allowing them contribute their ideas too.

Nope, he didn't do that. He stayed in the east, drew a map and lump everybody together., giving off signals as though you plan to use and dump them after attaining your objective, as if they were slaves... Before you argue that it's not the case... Remember actions Speaks louder than words!

Today it is Isreal and tomorrow it is Trump to the rescue, making a mockery of the whole venture. I felt so ashamed in those times. I felt so pained.

The one that drove me insane is when a member called Stephanie okereke is prostitute. To what end?

My God... If it were offline I would have fought that bastard till we spill our blood.

There is no sugar coating it please. If it had been allowed to continue, a lot of evil would have been birthed. These guys were insulting people up and down.

Generally, Nnamdi Kanu case clearly describe the story of bini king and his brother. It was coined to describe one with strength but lacking wisdom.

Nnamdi Kanu is brave but he lacks wisdom. He(if he still alive) needs someone with indepth wisdom of Nigerian politics to partner with. Igbos, from my own personal observation politically are lacking wisdom.

I would choose a man with wisdom but lack courage than he with courage but lack wisdom. With wisdom, you can find courage in someone else but not otherwise.

I hope he still alive, I hope he can come back better and stronger... But if after Buhari's tenure we do not hear anything about him, it means two things : he has been killed or he has been paid off.
you said you liked how I was calm but you fail to be calm.
You insult the igbos by saying they lack wisdom

Nnamdi kanu made mistakes like every human but that does not qualify you to write him off or condemn him. A lot of things he said were also hard truths that you cannot disprove
Re: Between Gani Adams And Nnamdi Kanu by zendy: 10:04pm On Jan 14, 2018
futurism:

How sad!

You are laughable. Kanu didnt do anything wrong. He may have used unpalatable language some people may not like but he spoke the truth. Nigeria is a stinking place full of zombies and Kanu uses words that aptly described the people of Nigeria.

What Nnamdi stood for is self determination and freedom. Even if people dont like the man, the message is more important than the messanger.

People say Kanu insulted this people, insulted that people, But Fulani herdsmen have murdered or are murdering people in all parts of Nigeria. Have they been ruthlessly dealt with? Kanu says he wants Biafra, uses language some may not like and he gets tagged a terrorist and the military deployed against him.

So in effect, Kanu who has not killed anyone and is unarmed is doing things the wrong way but Fulani herdsmen, Niger Delta militants and cultists slaughtering people are things which way?

Kanu said he wants a referendum, whatever map anyone thinks Kanu drew, is it worse than the Nigerian map drawn by Europeans who have nothing to do with Africa?
Referendum is a drmocratic processs, it is not war
Re: Between Gani Adams And Nnamdi Kanu by nku5: 5:38am On Jan 15, 2018
obaaderemi:
2. It is time to get over navel-gazing about
"insults". Nnamdi Kanu brought more pressure to
the national question than any other person or
group since the civil war.

More reason why Igbo leaders and intellectuals should have backed him but the level at which they distanced themselves from him was cowardly. They could have brought more sanity to the struggle. It's either the man himself was a scammer or he was sold out by his own people.

Those mofos are only concerned about the struggle for their stomachs. So called intellectuals are the ones I detest the most. At least you could say the elders who have political ambitions were trying to protect their nest. The Abuja/Lagos based intellectual igbos that betrayed the cause are the ones that should be spat on

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Uche Nwosu Swallows Pride As He Congratulates Emeka Ihedioha Over His Victory As / Filmed- How Politician Abiodun Bolarinwa shot at #EndSARS protesters. / I'm In Owerri Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.