Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Sss Stops Aondoakaa From Travelling Abroad - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sss Stops Aondoakaa From Travelling Abroad (4151 Views)

Buhari Warns Airport Officials Against Stopping Ex-ministers From Travelling / New Wikileaks Revelations Implicates Aondoakaa, Julius Berger Etc. / Aondoakaa Gets 2-yr Ban ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sss Stops Aondoakaa From Travelling Abroad by irohadis: 11:52pm On Apr 13, 2010
Shock and co!! I don't know where you get your idea of civil rights. The president reserves certain powers to issue orders in the interest of the state. Eg. US security has a list of people on a no fly list, including US citizens. Forcing me to open my belongings and spread my legs for a pat down can be argued to constitute an invasion of my privacy, sexual assault, violation of dignity, racial profiling, racism etc. I am sure we can find many ways in which the acts constitute an abuse of power by the state. But, the state argues these actions are necessary to keep the generality of its citizens safe. They did not need a court order to do this. This is not to say that the US is a perfect example for us to follow. The point here is the powers of the state to make orders in the interest of the state, even if those orders deny some citizens their civil rights.
Re: Sss Stops Aondoakaa From Travelling Abroad by kobonaija: 11:53pm On Apr 13, 2010
I think it is common practice in Western world for people under investigation to have travel restrictions particularly outside of the country, up to the point of submitting their Passport and signing daily at the local police station.

This hasnt in any way taken from him the right to roam around the lenght and breadth of this vast Nigeria, and should try by road Lagos to Maiduguri to start with. And by the way, he must be aware of the fact that he should ask for permission

If it is not that he is used to breaking the fundamentals of democratic setting, which is respect for law and order, why did he risk travelling by flaunting the order in the first place?

I dont think any one of us is qualified to make a case for this learned fellow. We are in democracy and he is a SAN. He knows his rights ( and even his lefts surprisingly). He should sue the Fed Govt and wait for the next 2 years before his case is heard like ordinary citizens of this great country; following which the case will be adjourned for the next 9 months or so

And if he protests the delay, he should be respectfully told, 'This is the normal operation of the judiciary system in the democratic Nigerian state; your case will be heard in due course'
Re: Sss Stops Aondoakaa From Travelling Abroad by hotgusta: 10:02am On Apr 14, 2010
where the man wan go!
Ndi ara,
Re: Sss Stops Aondoakaa From Travelling Abroad by chiozor: 10:36am On Apr 14, 2010
^^^na so una like d guy reach grin
Re: Sss Stops Aondoakaa From Travelling Abroad by nehemaih: 12:39pm On Apr 16, 2010
wat de hell u guys re talking abt? bagging a san, was it not on de basis of his qualification? or re we saying dat, NBA, can receive bribe 4 ranking?
Re: Sss Stops Aondoakaa From Travelling Abroad by Kobojunkie: 1:30pm On Apr 16, 2010
See what happens when those in leadership choose to continue to break the law themselves

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-430723.0.html

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fg Begins Contruction Of Yenagoa Airport / What Is Wrong With Igbo Politics In Nigeria? / Soludo: What Obasanjo And Yar’adua Told Meby Charles Soludo On January 23, 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.