Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,408 members, 7,826,579 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

GM To Release Cars With No Steering Wheel In 2019 (pics) - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / GM To Release Cars With No Steering Wheel In 2019 (pics) (28539 Views)

How Do You Hold Your Steering Wheel While Driving? / Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) / 7 Cars With Absolutely Ugly Interior You Wouldn’t Even Like To See (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GM To Release Cars With No Steering Wheel In 2019 (pics) by Oxster(m): 7:45am On Jan 14, 2018
Daniyomex:
We have bitcoin. You can mine bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies with your phone

U still withdraw de money in atm/bank
Re: GM To Release Cars With No Steering Wheel In 2019 (pics) by zlyan(m): 7:47am On Jan 14, 2018
[quote author=Logosclose post=64178193]@Naijachiefwhip

GM To Release Cars With No Steering Wheel In 2019

If the Department of Transportation grants GM's latest Safety Petition, the automaker will be able to deploy its no-steering-wheel, pedal-less autonomous car next year. The company describes it as "the first production-ready vehicle built from the start to operate safely on its own, with no driver, steering wheel, pedals or manual controls."

The car has no controls whatsoever, not even buttons you can push it. 100 percent treats you as a passenger, no matter where you sit. The car can even open and shut doors on its own.

Road safety!!!
Your work don finish be that...
No more where is your driver license. Ask me I will refer you to my driverless car. Mm ���
Re: GM To Release Cars With No Steering Wheel In 2019 (pics) by kennybab: 7:47am On Jan 14, 2018
Tboysalau:
Imagine someone hacks your car and it drives you straight into the river grin grin
Black man reasoning.

2 Likes

Re: GM To Release Cars With No Steering Wheel In 2019 (pics) by kennybab: 7:49am On Jan 14, 2018
Oxster:
Till I start downloading food and money from my phone I will never get impressed by technology
Bros which way na?

Re: GM To Release Cars With No Steering Wheel In 2019 (pics) by Oxster(m): 7:51am On Jan 14, 2018
kennybab:
Bros which way na?

I don't know but definitely am anticipating to see thatgrin
Re: GM To Release Cars With No Steering Wheel In 2019 (pics) by water0101(m): 7:56am On Jan 14, 2018
don't bring problem to Nigeria.....the one with steering still cause accident........I just gbenu si ni ooooo.
Re: GM To Release Cars With No Steering Wheel In 2019 (pics) by GOFRONT(m): 7:56am On Jan 14, 2018
Very soon we will enter into a car and just tell d car where u wonna go to and it will just drive u to d exact place......Dat day is comin
Re: GM To Release Cars With No Steering Wheel In 2019 (pics) by duabba: 7:58am On Jan 14, 2018
Logosclose:
@Naijachiefwhip

GM To Release Cars With No Steering Wheel In 2019

If the Department of Transportation grants GM's latest Safety Petition, the automaker will be able to deploy its no-steering-wheel, pedal-less autonomous car next year. The company describes it as "the first production-ready vehicle built from the start to operate safely on its own, with no driver, steering wheel, pedals or manual controls."

The car has no controls whatsoever, not even buttons you can push it. 100 percent treats you as a passenger, no matter where you sit. The car can even open and shut doors on its own.

http://www.naijachiefwhip.com/2018/01/gm-release-cars-no-steering-wheel-2019-pics.html

.... all these smart cars with no place for human control or input.

Imagine you enter siddon, the car welcomes you. As e dey drive you, it runs your facials through police crime/civil offense databases & discovers one parking ticket or tax offense or that one authority dey find you. Na so doors go lock you inside as the car go carry you go nearest police station report you and your offenses even before you arrive.

As for me, I get hands and legs and I have to understand and control any technology. I refuse to use anything wey smart pass Benin boys. grin

1 Like

Re: GM To Release Cars With No Steering Wheel In 2019 (pics) by oyejideogunjumo: 7:59am On Jan 14, 2018
IamGoke:

Sign of end time or improvement in technology

Omo na wa for u ooh....
The book of Daniel make us to understand that knowledge shall increase at the end timetime.Daniel 12 vs 4. So to many people it is advance in technology but to those who understand the sign of the end this is one of them.Increase in knowledge.
Thanks
Re: GM To Release Cars With No Steering Wheel In 2019 (pics) by millhouse: 8:00am On Jan 14, 2018
onyenku1:
I no go buy abeg......na stering be say u de enjoy driving..
lol...Jaki
Re: GM To Release Cars With No Steering Wheel In 2019 (pics) by AFONJAPIG(m): 8:00am On Jan 14, 2018
maberry:
Another one
REPENT YOUNG MAN
Re: GM To Release Cars With No Steering Wheel In 2019 (pics) by kbzee11(m): 8:02am On Jan 14, 2018
Its ohk....if only it would work in Nigeria roads... undecided
Re: GM To Release Cars With No Steering Wheel In 2019 (pics) by dancewith: 8:05am On Jan 14, 2018
So what happens when you are off to work and in the middle of the road you realize you need to get fuel? The car was probably programmed to get to your office??

Or while going to work you get a call from your wife about an emergency at home and you need to return back?

You realize there is a danger in front or heavy traffic and want to use some inner city short cut??

List of endless scenarios I hope had been considered
Re: GM To Release Cars With No Steering Wheel In 2019 (pics) by wizod(m): 8:07am On Jan 14, 2018
So dis is hw we're about signing our death warrant by ourselves?
Re: GM To Release Cars With No Steering Wheel In 2019 (pics) by denjjy(m): 8:09am On Jan 14, 2018
if it develop a fault while on motion and heading towards a big river or canal, no steering to change the direction and no brake to match. then how would you control it?

1 Like

Re: GM To Release Cars With No Steering Wheel In 2019 (pics) by jaxxy(m): 8:10am On Jan 14, 2018
Another stupid idea by gm and another car dat nobody will buy. All in the name of pioneering smtn new. Putting ur safety and life solely in the hands of an imperfect machine and bots. Crap

1 Like

Re: GM To Release Cars With No Steering Wheel In 2019 (pics) by LushGreenz: 8:14am On Jan 14, 2018
jerflakes:

Na local man he be

Negative!
You are the local uninformed one my friend. The mega Tech and Bio-tech companies are pushing for a sinister plan to replace humanity. Those cars for example are not gonna be (sold to) owned by individuals ,but rather are properties of those companies. Individuals will request them like you do Uber and Taxify(And mind you these taxi companies will be bought off by the technocratic giants like GM,Toyota,Volvo,BMW etc all of which are currently designing their own driverless cars). The agenda is to monitor you,spy on you: know where you go,where you live,your activities,and to control humans. On the other hand Biotechnology is attempting to merge man with machines or create robots that will replace us,spy on us and of course take our jobs. Then the next thing would be depopulation with wars and or epidemics. Cos what's the use of a man when you have robots that don't need no food nor salaries. Cryptocurrencies/cashless economies will ensure people are controllable. You(or any country) say or do anything against the system,they'll shut you down - block your access to your online/mobile money and transport. Facebook and Twitter already shut people down for their political and religious views. They're all part of the global agenda. THE NEW WORLD ORDER. They're preparing the way for the A.I.(Artificial Intelligence)takeover which is the beast system. Saudi Arabia already granted citizenship to one robot and the UAE is also looking to make their entire police force robotic personnel.

Rev 13
16And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: 17And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. 

WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!!

1 Like

Re: GM To Release Cars With No Steering Wheel In 2019 (pics) by bellorh: 8:15am On Jan 14, 2018
Hahha the world of technology grin
Re: GM To Release Cars With No Steering Wheel In 2019 (pics) by afrika(f): 8:16am On Jan 14, 2018
On which road? This Buhari cow roads? Mtcheeeew abeg bring another gist. When 2019 dey reach check whether them include Nigeria for the people wey go injoy the car.... I DON dey go look for my voters card
Re: GM To Release Cars With No Steering Wheel In 2019 (pics) by sen2paco: 8:19am On Jan 14, 2018
bankyblue:
Hmmm, sign of end time
This one na mumu na
Re: GM To Release Cars With No Steering Wheel In 2019 (pics) by urahara(m): 8:20am On Jan 14, 2018
oyejideogunjumo:
The book of Daniel make us to understand that knowledge shall increase at the end timetime.Daniel 12 vs 4. So to many people it is advance in technology but to those who understand the sign of the end this is one of them.Increase in knowledge.
Thanks

Why are you talking like a fool?

Knowledge has always been increasing right from the dawn of mankind
Re: GM To Release Cars With No Steering Wheel In 2019 (pics) by kitombo: 8:23am On Jan 14, 2018
oyejideogunjumo:
Thanks

My dear, knowledge has been increasing from the beginning of life on earth...nothing like end times!
Re: GM To Release Cars With No Steering Wheel In 2019 (pics) by 2016easy2017: 8:30am On Jan 14, 2018
Hi, fellow NairaLanders.
I seriously need help from you guys.
I noticed that any month in which we have seriously bad electric supply, the PHCL/NEPA staff brings bills that’s not like the usual type. It looks like photocopy from the suppose original one. They probably make this photocopies and distribute (without the consent of the management). They say “the printing machine is faulty”. This happens whenever we had a month of very bad power supply, like last December.
Pls. what do I do. I believe something illegal is on.
Re: GM To Release Cars With No Steering Wheel In 2019 (pics) by millionboi2: 8:33am On Jan 14, 2018
bankyblue:
Hmmm, sign of end time
where is it written in the Bible that is sign of end time.
Re: GM To Release Cars With No Steering Wheel In 2019 (pics) by Pope22(m): 8:36am On Jan 14, 2018
You will be steering the car the way you play games on android phones I guess or any direction you just wave your hands, the car will go towards that direction I am not understanding
Re: GM To Release Cars With No Steering Wheel In 2019 (pics) by goldman777: 8:43am On Jan 14, 2018
I prefer a car with automatic and manual option incase of a malfunction which is inevitable with everything man made like hacking destination course,malfunctioning sensors etc.il just drive myself safely jejely grin

1 Like

Re: GM To Release Cars With No Steering Wheel In 2019 (pics) by Tboysalau(m): 8:45am On Jan 14, 2018
kennybab:
Black man reasoning.
grin I'm sure you have seen F&F 8
Re: GM To Release Cars With No Steering Wheel In 2019 (pics) by evexx1(f): 8:47am On Jan 14, 2018
Oxster:

I don't know but definitely am anticipating to see thatgrin

You're either very lazy or very retarded. Must be one or even both!
Re: GM To Release Cars With No Steering Wheel In 2019 (pics) by evexx1(f): 8:49am On Jan 14, 2018
So impressive. smiley
Re: GM To Release Cars With No Steering Wheel In 2019 (pics) by Oxster(m): 8:51am On Jan 14, 2018
evexx1:

You're either very lazy or very retarded. Must be one or even both!

How BAe??
Re: GM To Release Cars With No Steering Wheel In 2019 (pics) by evexx1(f): 8:54am On Jan 14, 2018
Oxster:

How BAe??

How can you want mobile phones to print money? Do you know the chaos that can cause all over the world?
Be impressed or not by technology, technology is the second best thing after the sacrifice of Jesus Christ.
Re: GM To Release Cars With No Steering Wheel In 2019 (pics) by Oxster(m): 8:59am On Jan 14, 2018
evexx1:

How can you want mobile phones to print money? Do you know the chaos that can cause all over the world?
Be impressed or not by technology, technology is the second best thing after the sacrifice of Jesus Christ.

Lol,,of cos it should Ni,why won't it

Since it have gotten to that extent!@Poster

Yaya,,I believed u tho,but I think it has cos more harm than good

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

When Did You Buy Your First Car And How Much Was It? / Doctor's Report and Tinted Glass Permit / These High End luxury Electric Cars Are Coming To Compete With Tesla (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.