Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

5 Easy Steps To Insert References In Your Project/ Thesis - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Easy Steps To Insert References In Your Project/ Thesis (13745 Views)

Why It Is So Difficult To Cite The References In Papers? / Why It Is So Difficult To Cite The References In Papers? / 5 Easy Ways To Be A 1st Class Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Easy Steps To Insert References In Your Project/ Thesis by dsocioemmy(m): 9:47am On Jan 14, 2018
One good and insightful thread here
Re: 5 Easy Steps To Insert References In Your Project/ Thesis by otabuko(m): 10:00am On Jan 14, 2018
247TechBlog:
If you are in High school/ College and you are running late on turning in your assignment, you will understand that inserting your references manually at the end of your writeup can be pretty frustrating

This post will guide you through steps needed to insert the references automatically with minimal effort using Microsoft Word.

Screenshots have also been attached every step of the way so as to make this guide easy. A Simple story has also been attached where the references will go at the end of this guide

STEP 1

Click on ‘References’ tab at the top of your document

STEP 2

Click on ‘Manage Sources’

Leave default Style as APA Fifth edition unless otherwise stated by your instructor

STEP 3

A CREATE SOURCE column will come up and you are required to input the details of the book, Journal, Periodical or website you cited in your write-up. In this case, I will enter a book by Jackie Chan (Just for kicks! LOL) and Osei Yaw along with the title, year and other details which have been marked in Red as essential

STEP 4

Everything which has been inputed in the ‘Create Source’ column will show up in the Source Manager. Continue to add the materials you have cited until you have gone through everything.

Click on Close

STEP 5

Go to the end of your write-up and click on ‘Bibliography’. It brings down a drop down menu with all the previously inputed details in the source manager.

Click on ‘Insert Bibliography’

OP. Nice thread, but the procedure is references, insert citation, add new source. Manage resources is used when there's a correction you need to make in references already filled. Such corrections could range from changing details or deleting entirely. Thanks. Good job for academia.
Re: 5 Easy Steps To Insert References In Your Project/ Thesis by MYSELF2018: 10:52am On Jan 14, 2018
Hello, Goodmorning to you all, For those that are having difficulty in the writing of Project, statement of Purpose and Personal interest for their applications. We assist people to do that at a token. For more information, Please contact : praisejummy42@gmail.com

*Your Success is our concern*
Re: 5 Easy Steps To Insert References In Your Project/ Thesis by souljaboi51(m): 11:12am On Jan 14, 2018
Antarch:
Easier said than done. I've written hundreds of original research papers and dissertations for students in numerous top tier institutions across the world (excluding Nigeria!), and after trying a variety of referencing aids and software, I have since resigned myself to doing it manually. It is more accurate and works better for me that way.

From Harvard to APA, to MLA to Chicago to Oxford and more, I am familiar with all kinds of citation styles. Nonetheless, manual referencing still does it best for me. I have never had any supervisor - even the most finicky of supervisors in the best of schools (even in the UK and Australia where standards tend to be more stringent than the United States and Canada) - mark down or demand modification due to poor or inaccurate referencing for any of my papers.

That said, if you are studying abroad in any of the aforementioned countries, and you need expert assistance with your essays, research papers or dissertation, check out the following thread for more information and contact details....

www.nairaland.com/3221756/studying-abroad-skilled-academic-writer

i also write research for people and i use citethisforme.com been using it since 2014 and it is excellent. all you need to do is to type in the name of the book or article and it searches and loads the reference for u.
Re: 5 Easy Steps To Insert References In Your Project/ Thesis by bodeoni: 11:18am On Jan 14, 2018
The Microsoft reference manager is stressful. Mendeley, Zotero or Endnote make referencing super easy.
Re: 5 Easy Steps To Insert References In Your Project/ Thesis by uvalued(m): 11:24am On Jan 14, 2018
Thanks
Re: 5 Easy Steps To Insert References In Your Project/ Thesis by frank41(m): 12:43pm On Jan 14, 2018
osigiepurr:
Why must you write project for people?....People like you are supposed to be arrested for bastardizing the core values of education in the lives of people. No wonder we have many infants here on nairaland who cannot comprehend simple structural sentences.

Lol!����
Re: 5 Easy Steps To Insert References In Your Project/ Thesis by Princessjoke(f): 1:16pm On Jan 14, 2018
I used endnote for my project.... It's very easy to jse
SmallmebigGod:
Nairaland kids won't understand what this post is all about.
As addition , the use of reference manager software like endnote and Mendeley is very good and they are very easy to learn
Re: 5 Easy Steps To Insert References In Your Project/ Thesis by adelekeaka: 1:29pm On Jan 14, 2018
I used Mendeley. it is so easy to use.
Re: 5 Easy Steps To Insert References In Your Project/ Thesis by ademasta(m): 1:43pm On Jan 14, 2018
Project references
Re: 5 Easy Steps To Insert References In Your Project/ Thesis by calisha55: 2:22pm On Jan 14, 2018
Pls I need assistance any body that is in a university dt have horticulture should pls drop his or her number I need help with my project work
Re: 5 Easy Steps To Insert References In Your Project/ Thesis by educonsult2018: 6:20pm On Jan 14, 2018
Send us a mail at educonsult2018(at)gmail(dot)com if you need to
1. check your thesis for plagiarism
2.reduce the amount of plagiarism in your thesis
3.convert your paper from one referencing style to the other.
Re: 5 Easy Steps To Insert References In Your Project/ Thesis by krystalg: 10:42pm On Dec 23, 2019
I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. I found interesting information about [url="http://www.rbxcodes.viamagus.com/blog/15-Best-Roblox-Games-That-You-Must-Play-In-2019.html"]best roblox games that must you play in 2019[/url]
Re: 5 Easy Steps To Insert References In Your Project/ Thesis by sasxy(m): 9:42am On Dec 10, 2022
pinpinkay:
I write project for people and i can tell u that referencing is another work itsef. Very stressful. Even this method is stressful but this one just helps u to arrange ur references nd indent them.
good morning boss, please how can i get references for my project in an easy step.. Help a brother
Re: 5 Easy Steps To Insert References In Your Project/ Thesis by ForSaleGuru: 3:49pm On Dec 10, 2022
Happening Today live on Zoom

If you are planning to JAPA to US & Canda ����. This is for you!!!

Get info on VISA, Scholarships and Study Abroad programs

This Free invite is for you! It is happening today

Today at 4PM

Zoom link https://us06web.zoom.us/j/84518124696

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF/AFD) IFRA Masters Scholarships For Nigerians 2019 / Resumption: 17 Tips To Protect Your Children In School / LASU Graduates 8 First Class Out Of 17,695

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.