Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,209 members, 7,822,076 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

My Take On Tithe - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Take On Tithe (407 Views)

Catholic Church Doesn’t Run On Tithe– Cardinal Okogie Fires Back At Gov. Bello / Matthew Ashimolowo's Tweet On Tithe And Some Very Funny Replies (Pics) / Question On Tithe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Take On Tithe by WhoBeThisMan: 9:42am On Jan 14, 2018
Jesus christ is "the seed" of Abraham, and He is made high priest for ever according to the order of melkizedek.

Melkizedek was called King of Salem, he was a man without beging of days or ending. He was a king and a priest. 

Now Abraham gave tithe to melkizedek. Pls note that Abraham was not under the law as the law came by moses. 

Today we are not under the law, jesus christ is our high priest after the order of melkizedek. We absolutely should follow our faithful father of faith, Abraham, and the church is the body of christ. 

I pay my tithes, and I've been blessed by it, there is no one that can tell me all these blessings came by luck.. I know my sourse. 

Give your tithe, don't follow these devilish preaching out to rub you of your blessing as a Christian 
They come as sheeps, but inside they are wolfs.

Tithe was revealed in the Bible before the law. Came.
Re: My Take On Tithe by WhoBeThisMan: 9:44am On Jan 14, 2018
Hebrews 7
For this Melchizedek, king of Salem, priest of the Most High God, met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings and blessed him, 2 and to him Abraham apportioned a tenth part of everything. He is first, by translation of his name, king of righteousness, and then he is also king of Salem, that is, king of peace. 3 He is without father or mother or genealogy, having neither beginning of days nor end of life, but resembling the Son of God he continues a priest forever.

4 See how great this man was to whom Abraham the patriarch gave a tenth of the spoils! 5 And those descendants of Levi who receive the priestly office have a commandment in the law to take tithes from the people, that is, from their brothers,[a] though these also are descended from Abraham
Re: My Take On Tithe by hisgrace090: 9:51am On Jan 14, 2018
But Abraham pays tithe from spoilt of war, not from his business and it was once.

How do we reconcile this with constant tithe payment if we're to go by that?
Gen 14
Re: My Take On Tithe by WhoBeThisMan: 9:57am On Jan 14, 2018
hisgrace090:
But Abraham pays tithe from spoilt of war, not from his business and it was once.

How do we reconcile this with constant tithe payment if we're to go by that?
Gen 14
Abraham paid to tithe from What he had as increase to a priest melkizedek. Now its not expisitly stated if it was his life style to do that every time. But what we know is, this act was an ordinance for the isrealites to follow by paying tithes to the priest and levites.
Re: My Take On Tithe by WhoBeThisMan: 12:07pm On Jan 14, 2018
Please Christians, be careful who you listen to and learn from. Be very careful. What you. Have is priceless
Re: My Take On Tithe by WhoBeThisMan: 12:16pm On Jan 14, 2018
Seun Lalasticlala etc

(1) (Reply)

Threefold Flame Prayer / I Am From The Tribe Of Ephriam / HOT: See Top 5 Muslim Inventions That Changed The World (read More)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.