Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,041 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Do You Believe In The Theory Of Special Relativity - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Do You Believe In The Theory Of Special Relativity (790 Views)

What Are your Thoughts On The Theory Of Evolution? / It’s That Relativity Space Company Again And Their 3D Printer That Builds Rockes / Remember Relativity Space, The Company 3D Printin Rocket? They're Gettin Noticed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Believe In The Theory Of Special Relativity by darthv: 10:45am On Jan 14, 2018
The great 20th century scientist Albert Einstein developed a theory called Special Relativity. The ideas of Special Relativity are very hard
to imagine because they aren't about what we experience in everyday life, but scientists have confirmed them. This theory says
that space and time are really aspects of the same thing—space- time. There's a speed limit of 300,000 kilometers per second (or
186,000 miles per second) for anything that travels through space-time, and light always travels the speed limit through empty space.
Special Relativity also says that a surprising thing happens when you move through space-time, especially when your speed relative
to other objects is close to the speed of light. Time goes slower for you than for the people you left behind. You won't notice this effect
until you return to those stationary people.
Say you were 15 years old when you left Earth in a spacecraft traveling at about 99.5% of the speed of light (which is much faster
than we can achieve now), and celebrated only five birthdays during your space voyage. When you get home at the age of 20, you would
find that all your classmates were 65 years old, retired, and enjoying their grandchildren! Because time passed more slowly for you, you
will have experienced only five years of life, while your classmates will have experienced a full 50 years.
The great 20th century scientist Albert Einstein developed a theory called Special Relativity. The ideas of Special Relativity are very hard
to imagine because they aren't about what we experience in everyday life, but scientists have confirmed them. This theory says
that space and time are really aspects of the same thing—space- time. There's a speed limit of 300,000 kilometers per second (or
186,000 miles per second) for anything that travels through space-time, and light always travels the speed limit through empty space.
Special Relativity also says that a surprising thing happens when you move through space-time, especially when your speed relative
to other objects is close to the speed of light. Time goes slower for you than for the people you left behind. You won't notice this effect
until you return to those stationary people.
Say you were 15 years old when you left Earth in a spacecraft traveling at about 99.5% of the speed of light (which is much faster
than we can achieve now), and celebrated only five birthdays during your space voyage. When you get home at the age of 20, you would
find that all your classmates were 65 years old, retired, and enjoying their grandchildren! Because time passed more slowly for you, you
will have experienced only five years of life, while your classmates will have experienced a full 50 years.

Cc: Dominique, Lalasticlala, Mynd44

Re: Do You Believe In The Theory Of Special Relativity by darthv: 3:12pm On Jan 14, 2018
Re: Do You Believe In The Theory Of Special Relativity by sopuruchi97(m): 2:45pm On Jan 15, 2018
Truly educational..op
Re: Do You Believe In The Theory Of Special Relativity by darthv: 4:44pm On Jan 15, 2018
sopuruchi97:
Truly educational..op
thanks
Re: Do You Believe In The Theory Of Special Relativity by lamaking: 9:24pm On Jan 17, 2018
To=t/sqr root1-v sqr/ c sqr
This is the formulae for time dilation
Thats to relativity some astronaut life 0.02sec in the future after spending 803days 9hours and some minutes in the I.S.S.
Re: Do You Believe In The Theory Of Special Relativity by lamaking: 9:26pm On Jan 17, 2018
It is impossible for an object with mass to travel at the speed of light
Re: Do You Believe In The Theory Of Special Relativity by vickysly: 1:09pm On Jan 18, 2018
Will you look older?
Re: Do You Believe In The Theory Of Special Relativity by darthv: 7:54pm On Jan 18, 2018
lamaking:
It is impossible for an object with mass to travel at the speed of light
ideal theorem
Re: Do You Believe In The Theory Of Special Relativity by lamaking: 8:29pm On Jan 19, 2018
No at all you will ageless.
for example, right i am exactly 15 years and 11 months and i travel at 99.995% in my space bubble after celebrating 6 birth months in my bubble 50years would have passed
While i am 16 years and 5months my friends would be 65years of age.

(1) (Reply)

Samsung Galaxy X Would Be The World True First Foldable Smartphone / See The Device A Friend Found Inside Ice Fish Carton (picture) / Making $1,000 Via Amazon KDP Is Scam Jhoor!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.