Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,004 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

What Are your Thoughts On The Theory Of Evolution? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / What Are your Thoughts On The Theory Of Evolution? (391 Views)

The Conspiracy Theory Of The Project Blue Beam. / Disputing The Theory Of Big Bang And Evolution! / Do You Believe In The Theory Of Special Relativity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are your Thoughts On The Theory Of Evolution? by Workch: 9:13pm On Oct 07, 2021
Quick survey; Do you accept the theory or not?

If you do not accept it, do you understand the basic principles behind the theory? If yes, then why do you not accept it?

If you accept it, do you accept it just by mere beliefs or you understand the theory?
Re: What Are your Thoughts On The Theory Of Evolution? by Emmanuelcann: 9:20pm On Oct 07, 2021
It's an unproven unprovable theory - very unscientific bit of fiction!
Re: What Are your Thoughts On The Theory Of Evolution? by Workch: 9:28pm On Oct 07, 2021
Emmanuelcann:
How do you mean?
There are millions of experiments to test evolution and some you can do by yourself.

We have more evidence for theory of evolution than for gravity.
Re: What Are your Thoughts On The Theory Of Evolution? by Emmanuelcann: 9:51pm On Oct 07, 2021
Workch:
How do you mean?
There are millions of experiments to test evolution and some you can do by yourself.

We have more evidence for theory of evolution than for gravity.
Not true. There isn't an iota of evidence to prove that one species can change into another. You would have to live for millions of years to be able to do so. No single fossil evidence can prove that Charles Darwin's forefathers were apes, although he definitely resembles one.
Re: What Are your Thoughts On The Theory Of Evolution? by Workch: 9:58pm On Oct 07, 2021
Emmanuelcann:
Not true. There isn't an iota of evidence to prove that one species can change into another. You would have to live for millions of years to be able to do so. No single fossil evidence can prove that Charles Darwin's forefathers were apesalthough he definitely resembles one.
no sir, there are numerous evidence and experiment to test speciation. I think you are the person not reading enough

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/11/161129152743.htm

1 Like

Re: What Are your Thoughts On The Theory Of Evolution? by Workch: 10:02pm On Oct 07, 2021
Emmanuelcann:
Not true. There isn't an iota of evidence to prove that one species can change into another. You would have to live for millions of years to be able to do so. No single fossil evidence can prove that Charles Darwin's forefathers were apes, although he definitely resembles one.
I think you should start doing some decent reading up stuffs.
Our forefathers were not only apes, we are apes by definition ourselves sir.

1 Like

Re: What Are your Thoughts On The Theory Of Evolution? by Workch: 10:06pm On Oct 07, 2021
Emmanuelcann:
I can go on to show evidence for speciation that will take all nairaland space. Start doing decent reading

1 Like

Re: What Are your Thoughts On The Theory Of Evolution? by Emmanuelcann: 12:54am On Oct 08, 2021
Workch:
I think you should start doing some decent reading up stuffs.
Our forefathers were not only apes, we are apes by definition ourselves sir.
So very sorry but you've been had. Your ancestors may have been apes according to you but mine definitely weren't. The big bang is all hogwash - it takes more faith to believe in the idiocy called evolution than Deistic creation! Life can never be accidental - Law of biogenesis. Nairaland wouldn't be enough for me to canvass my points and show you conclusively that a monkey can never be anything other than a monkey in a billion years. It may adapt, yes, but no more.
Re: What Are your Thoughts On The Theory Of Evolution? by Emmanuelcann: 12:59am On Oct 08, 2021
Workch:
I can go on to show evidence for speciation that will take all nairaland space. Start doing decent reading
Quite funny. I wish we could meet one on one and take the time to exhaust this issue. Well what do you expect your species to be in a million years if possible?
Re: What Are your Thoughts On The Theory Of Evolution? by Workch: 7:13am On Oct 08, 2021
Emmanuelcann:
Quite funny. I wish we could meet one on one and take the time to exhaust this issue. Well what do you expect your species to be in a million years if possible?
That is a strawman question. Doesn’t make any sense.
I have answered your question about evidence of species emerging from another.

You want more evidence for evolution, we have millions of it, more than for gravity.
Re: What Are your Thoughts On The Theory Of Evolution? by Workch: 7:14am On Oct 08, 2021
Emmanuelcann:
So very sorry but you've been had. Your ancestors may have been apes according to you but mine definitely weren't. The big bang is all hogwash - it takes more faith to believe in the idiocy called evolution than Deistic creation! Life can never be accidental - Law of biogenesis. Nairaland wouldn't be enough for me to canvass my points and show you conclusively that a monkey can never be anything other than a monkey in a billion years. It may adapt, yes, but no more.
There is nothing like law of biogenesis.
Evolution didn’t say anything about the origin of life, you should educate yourself properly sir.

If you want more evidence for evolution, I will post it.
Re: What Are your Thoughts On The Theory Of Evolution? by Emmanuelcann: 9:01am On Oct 08, 2021
There is a law of Biogenesis! Life can only come from life.
Re: What Are your Thoughts On The Theory Of Evolution? by Workch: 9:40am On Oct 08, 2021
Emmanuelcann:
There is a law of Biogenesis! Life can only come from life.
There is nothing like law of biogenesis in science sir.
Get proper education
Re: What Are your Thoughts On The Theory Of Evolution? by Greatzeus(m): 4:37pm On Oct 08, 2021
Workch:
Quick survey; Do you accept the theory or not?

If you do not accept it, do you understand the basic principles behind the theory? If yes, then why do you not accept it?

If you accept it, do you accept it just by mere beliefs or you understand the theory?
Why is it still a theory after all the years? What does that tell you? If it was proven,it would be a law now,like law of thermodynamics.
Re: What Are your Thoughts On The Theory Of Evolution? by Workch: 7:29pm On Oct 08, 2021
Greatzeus:

Why is it still a theory after all the years? What does that tell you? If it was proven,it would be a law now,like law of thermodynamics.
Gravity is also a theory but people don't fly

Cell theory is also a theory but I see cells under microscopes

Germ theory is a theory but you get infected by pathogens

Atomic theory is a theory but nothing works without it in physics and chemistry

Maybe you are person who doesn't understand what a "scientific theory" is. You should work on yourself to understand it
Re: What Are your Thoughts On The Theory Of Evolution? by Teslason(m): 2:25am On Oct 09, 2021
From your argument with him, it shows you have a strong belief for evolution.

Well, if it truly happened, why didn't birds change to a smarter animal?
Why are there still apes since evolution shouldn't leave everyone behind?

It's very lame to just assume evolution of man from ape as a correct thing.
Re: What Are your Thoughts On The Theory Of Evolution? by njelrapheal: 8:41am On Oct 09, 2021
I propose we have a zoom session 1hour each sunday over 2 months where can have this conversation. First we agree on what a theory is then what the theory of evolution is then we put forward facts to support our arguments
Re: What Are your Thoughts On The Theory Of Evolution? by SSIPON(m): 8:54am On Oct 09, 2021
Emmanuelcann:

How did you know that?
Please note that a theory is different from a hypothesis and that humans did not descend from monkeys.
Re: What Are your Thoughts On The Theory Of Evolution? by SSIPON(m): 8:55am On Oct 09, 2021
Emmanuelcann:

Hey keyboard warrior, here is how it works.
You bring your evidence against evolution, get it peer reviewed and collect your Nobel prize. It's that simple. No be to dey wine mouth online.
Re: What Are your Thoughts On The Theory Of Evolution? by SSIPON(m): 8:57am On Oct 09, 2021
Greatzeus:

Boss didn't they teach you that a scientific theory is different from a hypothesis?
For example, Gravity is a theory.
A scientific theory is anything that is backed up with lots of evidence.

Now before you continue on your ignorant rant, kindly note that evolution is not linear.
Evolution never stated that humans descended from apes, it's just a misconception that I am sure people like you do not know about. What Evolution actually states is that humans and the great apes share a COMMON ANCESTOR that lived around 10 million years ago. Evolution is measured in millions of years.
There are so many creation stories out there, so what was the criteria to pick the middle eastern Adam and Eve story and claim it's true. The Adam and Eve tells you of a talking snake, but we know that snakes cannot talk or hear. If you want science to take the Adam and Eve story seriously, you better start providing evidence for your claims.
Religions come and go after all.
Re: What Are your Thoughts On The Theory Of Evolution? by Workch: 8:59am On Oct 09, 2021
Teslason:

i don’t have belief for evolution. I follow the evidence where it lead irrespective of whatever I believe.
Re: What Are your Thoughts On The Theory Of Evolution? by Workch: 9:00am On Oct 09, 2021
njelrapheal:
I propose we have a zoom session 1hour each sunday over 2 months where can have this conversation. First we agree on what a theory is then what the theory of evolution is then we put forward facts to support our arguments
ok, why can’t we have the discussion here?
Re: What Are your Thoughts On The Theory Of Evolution? by Workch: 9:01am On Oct 09, 2021
Teslason:

Humans are apes, the question is damped in scientific illiteracy sir.
Re: What Are your Thoughts On The Theory Of Evolution? by MightySparrow: 6:03pm On Oct 09, 2021
There is nothing wrong with it. Theory simply means, the truth about the subject matter is not known. Scientists build mental models, mathematical models, and begin to look for best explanation to justify the theory. Many a time, what is acceptable today is discarded tomorrow.

I don't think the theory has displaced the authority of the scriptures.

Anyways, if there is evolution, I think is the design of the creator for the advancement of his creation.

Every thing is evolving! Absolutely everything!
Economy, government, fashion, religion, all aspects of life! Nothing is actually static, they must have same origin: whatever you call it. That being exists.
Re: What Are your Thoughts On The Theory Of Evolution? by njelrapheal: 9:04pm On Oct 09, 2021
Workch:
ok, why can’t we have the discussion here?
trust me. Typing back and forth may be boring for some that seem interested in this. We can drop a link to the recorded session here.
Re: What Are your Thoughts On The Theory Of Evolution? by Workch: 9:07pm On Oct 09, 2021
njelrapheal:
trust me. Typing back and forth may be boring for some that seem interested in this. We can drop a link to the recorded session here.
Hope you will also be ready to provide verifiable evidence for whatever you believe?
Like testable and with peer reviewed data
Re: What Are your Thoughts On The Theory Of Evolution? by njelrapheal: 12:47pm On Oct 10, 2021
Workch:
Hope you will also be ready to provide verifiable evidence for whatever you believe?
Like testable and with peer reviewed data
oh no. am more like a spectator. I would love you guys to address the issues with verifiabla facts and come to some form of agreements based on convictions.
Re: What Are your Thoughts On The Theory Of Evolution? by Workch: 1:32pm On Oct 10, 2021
njelrapheal:
oh no. am more like a spectator. I would love you guys to address the issues with verifiabla facts and come to some form of agreements based on convictions.
ok

(1) (Reply)

Powering A City With Virtual Power Plants / Xiomai Durability / Google’s Health Band Can Only Be Prescribed By A Doctor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.