Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,995 members, 7,835,337 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

Muslims Being Hated Is Also In Line With Scripture - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Muslims Being Hated Is Also In Line With Scripture (792 Views)

Fani-Kayode: What TB Joshua Told Me + Why Some Nigerian Pastors Hated Him / The Virtue Of Being Hated / Michael McIntyre: Millionaire Who Hated God Gets Saved, Now Helping Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslims Being Hated Is Also In Line With Scripture by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jan 14, 2018
The hatred Muslims suffer from all over the world is also a fulfillment of scripture, but their own case is a bit different from the case of Christians. Muslims may not really like this truth, this is the explanation if you will care to read. Through Abraham, God made a covenant with the whole world. This covenant is all-encompassing. God promised a nation from Abraham through whom the earth will be blessed. This nation is both physical and spiritual at the same time. Israel has been, and will always remain a physical representation of the promise of God (hate them if you like, but that is the truth). As God gave the physical nation of Israel to Abraham because Abraham had faith, so does he give him the spiritual nation of Christians (people who accept the eternal covenant between God and Abraham, fulfilled in Jesus Christ the lamb). This spiritual nation will bless the whole earth as they carry the free gift of salvation across it, hence the great commission of Jesus Christ in Matthew 28. Too bad, that today, both the physical and spiritual descendants of Abraham have forgotten their heritage and purpose; living like the rest of the world do. But comfort his found in knowing that GOD KNOWS HIS OWN. Therefore, don't look at what "christians" do, but focus on what God said in his Word.
Now before Sarah could conceive, she convinced Abraham to take Hagar as a concubine in order to bear a son for Sarah. In other words, Abraham agreed to provide a counterfeit child and help God fulfill his own part of the covenant. Of course, Ismail was the result of their effort. But instead of Ismail being a channel of blessing for the whole world, he and his spiritual descendants became a curse upon the earth. If you take a good look at that spiritual nation, what you will see is a nation that cannot live with others in TRUE PEACE. This is in fulfillment of scripture:

Gen 16:11-12
The angel of the Lord also said to her:

"You are now with child
and you will have a son.
You shall name him Ishmael,
for the Lord has heard of your misery.
12 He will be a wild donkey of a man;
his hand will be against everyone
and everyone's hand against him,
and he will live in hostility
toward all his brothers."
NIV

Hence, Ismail's descendants feel hated by the world not because the world hates them, but because they hated the world first and the world is only being CAUTIOUS with them. Unfortunately, the Muslims mistake being cautious with hate.

Christians on the other hand suffer violence from others for different reasons:
FROM THE WORLD: Christians suffer because they are not of the world
FROM ISMAIL'S DESCENDANTS:Christians suffer their greatest pain from this set of people because of the rivalry between Isaac and Ismail. This will continue until world's end. Ismail will always try to prove himself a worthy son of Abraham, and will try to take everything from Isaac. You can see this from the brutal zeal of his descendants towards religious issues, their burning desire to subdue Isaac and their self-acclaimed special status. But God works with his WORD and not man's claims.

1 Like

Re: Muslims Being Hated Is Also In Line With Scripture by tartar9(m): 4:41pm On Jan 14, 2018
Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Muslims Being Hated Is Also In Line With Scripture by Habyz(m): 5:02pm On Jan 14, 2018
sasalite:
The hatred Muslims suffer from all over the world is also a fulfillment of scripture, but their own case is a bit different from the case of Christians. Muslims may not really like this truth, this is the explanation if you will care to read. Through Abraham, God made a covenant with the whole world. This covenant is all-encompassing. God promised a nation from Abraham through whom the earth will be blessed. This nation is both physical and spiritual at the same time. Israel has been, and will always remain a physical representation of the promise of God (hate them if you like, but that is the truth). As God gave the physical nation of Israel to Abraham because Abraham had faith, so does he give him the spiritual nation of Christians (people who accept the eternal covenant between God and Abraham, fulfilled in Jesus Christ the lamb). This spiritual nation will bless the whole earth as they carry the free gift of salvation across it, hence the great commission of Jesus Christ in Matthew 28. Too bad, that today, both the physical and spiritual descendants of Abraham have forgotten their heritage and purpose; living like the rest of the world do. But comfort his found in knowing that GOD KNOWS HIS OWN. Therefore, don't look at what "christians" do, but focus on what God said in his Word.
Now before Sarah could conceive, she convinced Abraham to take Hagar as a concubine in order to bear a son for Sarah. In other words, Abraham agreed to provide a counterfeit child and help God fulfill his own part of the covenant. Of course, Ismail was the result of their effort. But instead of Ismail being a channel of blessing for the whole world, he and his spiritual descendants became a curse upon the earth. If you take a good look at that spiritual nation, what you will see is a nation that cannot live with others in TRUE PEACE. This is in fulfillment of scripture:

Gen 16:11-12
The angel of the Lord also said to her:

"You are now with child
and you will have a son.
You shall name him Ishmael,
for the Lord has heard of your misery.
12 He will be a wild donkey of a man;
his hand will be against everyone
and everyone's hand against him,
and he will live in hostility
toward all his brothers."
NIV

Hence, Ismail's descendants feel hated by the world not because the world hates them, but because they hated the world first and the world is only being CAUTIOUS with them. Unfortunately, the Muslims mistake being cautious with hate.

FROM ISMAIL'S DESCENDANTS:Christians suffer their greatest pain from this set of people because of the rivalry between Isaac and Ismail. This will continue until world's end. Ismail will always try to prove himself a worthy son of Abraham, and will try to take everything from Isaac. You can see this from the brutal zeal of his descendants towards religious issues, their burning desire to subdue Isaac and their self-acclaimed special status. But God works with his WORD and not man's claims.
Abraham agreed to provide a counterfeit child and help God fulfill his own part of the covenant. Of course, Ismail was the result of their effort. But instead of Ismail being a channel of blessing for the whole world, he and his spiritual descendants became a curse upon the earth. If you take a good look at that spiritual nation, what you will see is a nation that cannot live with others in TRUE PEACE. This is in fulfillment of scripture:
You dare call a child "a counterfeit" as if that wasn't enough you call "him and his spiritual descendants" "a curse upon the earth" speaking of spiritual and physical descendants is Ismail not good enough to be termed 'physical'?
You call being 'CAUTIOUS' calling a innocent Muslim a terrorist.
FROM ISMAIL'S DESCENDANTS:Christians suffer their greatest pain from this set of people because of the rivalry between Isaac and Ismail

Suffering violence from the world, seriously? Hitler was a Christian and we both know what he did.
Suffering violence from Muslims. You think America is innocent right, SMH.
You even said that the hatred suffered by Muslims from the world is a fulfillment of the scripture. Which of them the new or old testament?
There's a thousand reasons to show you're a liar but these should be enough.
Re: Muslims Being Hated Is Also In Line With Scripture by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jan 14, 2018
Habyz:

Abraham agreed to provide a counterfeit child and help God fulfill his own part of the covenant. Of course, Ismail was the result of their effort. But instead of Ismail being a channel of blessing for the whole world, he and his spiritual descendants became a curse upon the earth. If you take a good look at that spiritual nation, what you will see is a nation that cannot live with others in TRUE PEACE. This is in fulfillment of scripture:
You dare call a child "a counterfeit" as if that wasn't enough you call "him and his spiritual descendants" "a curse upon the earth" speaking of spiritual and physical descendants is Ismail not good enough to be termed 'physical'?
You call being 'CAUTIOUS' calling a innocent Muslim a terrorist.
FROM ISMAIL'S DESCENDANTS:Christians suffer their greatest pain from this set of people because of the rivalry between Isaac and Ismail

Suffering violence from the world, seriously? Hitler was a Christian and we both know what he did.
Suffering violence from Muslims. You think America is innocent right, SMH.
You even said that the hatred suffered by Muslims from the world is a fulfillment of the scripture. Which of them the new or old testament?
There's a thousand reasons to show you're a liar but these should be enough.

My dear, I can see that clearly YOU HAVE MUCH TO LEARN when it comes to spiritual matters. Hitler answering the name Christian doesn't make him one. A Christian imitates Jesus Christ, anything less is ANTICHRIST. You can now answer yourself on that.

And YES, I dare to call Ismael a counterfeit since the scripture itself liken him to a "wild donkey". He was conceived as an alternative to what God had intended and that makes him a COUNTERFEIT.

Concerning Ismael's descendants being a curse, I hold to my opinion because it remains correct by scripture. The opposite of blessing is curse, and the opposite of original is counterfeit. God is using Ismail to send a message saying "I DON'T NEED YOUR HELP TO FULFILL MY PROMISE".

Concerning scripture being old or new, I must point to you that GOD'S WORD IS ETERNAL and does not change. Even the New Testament spoke harshly of Ismael and what he represents.

As for people calling Muslims terrorist, well that is their opinion. You should be more concerned with WHY DO PEOPLE CALL MUSLIMS TERRORISTS? By the way, I can't remember mentioning America in my post, so stop making assumptions, after all, America is a secular state. If they terrorize you, then blame America as a nation.

AM YET TO SEE ANY REASONABLE DEFENSE FROM YOU MY NEIGHBOR.

1 Like

Re: Muslims Being Hated Is Also In Line With Scripture by enilove(m): 6:40pm On Jan 14, 2018
sasalite:

My dear, I can see that clearly YOU HAVE MUCH TO LEARN when it comes to spiritual matters. Hitler answering the name Christian doesn't make him one. A Christian imitates Jesus Christ, anything less is ANTICHRIST. You can now answer yourself on that.

And YES, I dare to call Ismael a counterfeit since the scripture itself liken him to a "wild donkey". He was conceived as an alternative to what God had intended and that makes him a COUNTERFEIT.

Concerning Ismael's descendants being a curse, I hold to my opinion because it remains correct by scripture. The opposite of blessing is curse, and the opposite of original is counterfeit. God is using Ismail to send a message saying "I DON'T NEED YOUR HELP TO FULFILL MY PROMISE".

Concerning scripture being old or new, I must point to you that GOD'S WORD IS ETERNAL and does not change. Even the New Testament spoke harshly of Ismael and what he represents.

As for people calling Muslims terrorist, well that is their opinion. You should be more concerned with WHY DO PEOPLE CALL MUSLIMS TERRORISTS? By the way, I can't remember mentioning America in my post, so stop making assumptions, after all, America is a secular state. If they terrorize you, then blame America as a nation.

You are right. But I think the muslims need more of prayers .

1 Like

Re: Muslims Being Hated Is Also In Line With Scripture by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jan 14, 2018
INDEED, I pray for them everyday out of love and the knowledge of who they are. I have Muslim relatives and I pray for them everyday.
enilove:

You are right. But I think the muslims need more of prayers .

1 Like

Re: Muslims Being Hated Is Also In Line With Scripture by Habyz(m): 11:05am On Jan 15, 2018
sasalite:

Hitler answering the name Christian doesn't make him one.
If this is true then why are innocent Muslims called terrorists when another person hurts people? Hitler's case is a perfect example of how hypocritical you all are, till date I haven't seen, red or heard of any Muslim calling Christians terrorist because of what Hitler or any other Christian had done or is doing, but you all find a way to fit Muslims into the word 'terrorism' to make matters worse for yourselves whenever a Muslim does anything positive none of you think of fitting Islam or Muslims into that image.
God is using Ismail to send a message saying "I DON'T NEED YOUR HELP TO FULFILL MY PROMISE".
Wow! Did God tell you that?
I'm not saying God needs any help.
Tell me when the old and new testaments were written and we would see how eternal the bible really is.
Why do people call Muslims terrorists? I have addressed that already.
America is a country on its own, who doesn't know that? But it has a population who are mostly Christian and that is a reason I stated her as an example.
You should take that advice about blaming America and not Christianity for yourself because Christians blame Islam and not the Muslim for hurting others even with proof that Islam doesn't support violence.
Re: Muslims Being Hated Is Also In Line With Scripture by Nobody: 11:37am On Jan 15, 2018
Hitler: the basis for his deeds was not religious but a desire for cultural dominance. Unlike the many terrorist organizations that exists, whose teachings are rooted in Islam. Tell me one terrorist group that claims to be fighting for the spread of Christianity. Just One.
By the way, I have studied Islam by reading Islamic books and even the Quran, and I can tell you that ISLAM OFFERS NO PEACE FOR ANY KAFIR, because all kafir belong to the house of war. Don't think my opinion is base on what I see Muslims do, rather, it is from what I know Islam teaches.

Old and New Testament: The Bible was written over thousands of years by various people whom God used at different times to write what they were given. They were only instruments for communicating what the main author of the Bible is saying. The author of the Bible is the Holy Spirit of God, and he is eternal. "All scripture is God-breath" 2 Timothy 3:16.

America: On what basis is America hurting others? Political or religious? Tell yourself the truth my neighbor.

Islamic terrorist groups: On what basis is Boko Haram, Al-shabab, Al-Qaeda, Hamas, and many others like them terrorizing others? political or religious? On what basis does your Imams teach against relating with non-Muslims (eating their food, trusting them, etc)? On what basis are Muslims not living in peace with almost every other religion in the world and even with themselves? Religious or political?
Let's face it my friend; YOU GOT NO DEFENSE.

Habyz:

Hitler answering the name Christian doesn't make him one.
If this is true then why are innocent Muslims called terrorists when another person hurts people? Hitler's case is a perfect example of how hypocritical you all are, till date I haven't seen, red or heard of any Muslim calling Christians terrorist because of what Hitler or any other Christian had done or is doing, but you all find a way to fit Muslims into the word 'terrorism' to make matters worse for yourselves whenever a Muslim does anything positive none of you think of fitting Islam or Muslims into that image.
God is using Ismail to send a message saying "I DON'T NEED YOUR HELP TO FULFILL MY PROMISE".
Wow! Did God tell you that?
I'm not saying God needs any help.
Tell me when the old and new testaments were written and we would see how eternal the bible really is.
Why do people call Muslims terrorists? I have addressed that already.
America is a country on its own, who doesn't know that? But it has a population who are mostly Christian and that is a reason I stated her as an example.
You should take that advice about blaming America and not Christianity for yourself because Christians blame Islam and not the Muslim for hurting others even with proof that Islam doesn't support violence.
Re: Muslims Being Hated Is Also In Line With Scripture by danvon(m): 12:36pm On Jan 15, 2018
Ishmael is not the founder of Islam, historically I think that curse hasn't been working because it's just recently that Arabs became seriously disliked however I think that curse has been working on the Jews
Re: Muslims Being Hated Is Also In Line With Scripture by Habyz(m): 5:54pm On Jan 15, 2018
sasalite:
Hitler: the basis for his deeds was not religious but a desire for cultural dominance. Unlike the many terrorist organizations that exists, whose teachings are rooted in Islam. Tell me one terrorist group that claims to be fighting for the spread of Christianity. Just One.
By the way, I have studied Islam by reading Islamic books and even the Quran, and I can tell you that ISLAM OFFERS NO PEACE FOR ANY KAFIR, because all kafir belong to the house of war. Don't think my opinion is base on what I see Muslims do, rather, it is from what I know Islam teaches.

Old and New Testament: The Bible was written over thousands of years by various people whom God used at different times to write what they were given. They were only instruments for communicating what the main author of the Bible is saying. The author of the Bible is the Holy Spirit of God, and he is eternal. "All scripture is God-breath" 2 Timothy 3:16.

America: On what basis is America hurting others? Political or religious? Tell yourself the truth my neighbor.

Islamic terrorist groups: On what basis is Boko Haram, Al-shabab, Al-Qaeda, Hamas, and many others like them terrorizing others? political or religious? On what basis does your Imams teach against relating with non-Muslims (eating their food, trusting them, etc)? On what basis are Muslims not living in peace with almost every other religion in the world and even with themselves? Religious or political?
Let's face it my friend; YOU GOT NO DEFENSE.

Before i write anything I want you to know that I am not trying to defend Islam I'm just trying to make you see reasons why you should stop referring to Muslims as "cursed descendants" or "terrorists". That being written let's go..
Cultural dominance! Since when did Christianity or Judaism become a culture?
What did you think the Catholic Church was doing against the protestants? Now that I think of it Muslims helped the Jews to during World War 2, Muslims also helped during the crackdown against Jews by the church. Why are you not praising any Muslim for that?
By the way, I have studied Islam by reading Islamic books and even the Quran, and I can tell you that ISLAM OFFERS NO PEACE FOR ANY KAFIR, because all kafir belong to the house of war. Don't think my opinion is base on what I see Muslims do, rather, it is from what I know Islam teaches
This is interesting, please refer to me and indeed everyone who would read our posts at least one of those books you read about Islam offering no peace to kafirs because they belong to the house of war.
Old and New Testament: The Bible was written over thousands of years by various people whom God used at different times to write what they were given. They were only instruments for communicating what the main author of the Bible is saying. The author of the Bible is the Holy Spirit of God, and he is eternal. "All scripture is God-breath" 2 Timothy 3:16.]
Did God tell anyone to call anyone terrorists? Did he tell anyone to fight against Jews? Did he tell anyone to call the descendants of a person caused people?
America is a largely Christian state and I only cited the country as an example. Whether they hurt people politicaly or religiousy is left for you to decide. I told you about Iraq and Syria right?
Show to the whole world a piece of the Holy Quran that supports the actions of any of these groups. Show us all what the imams teach about relating with non-Muslims Leo show us how Muslims worldwide do not eve in peace with other religions are supported in the bible. These should be easy since you read Islamic books.

(1) (Reply)

Rccg Sunday School, Sunday 21 January 2018 / Prayers Are Useless – Nigerian Man Advises Black People To Stop It / Pastor Somersaults After Member Wins ₦230bn With Lotto Number He Gave Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.