Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,335 members, 7,819,170 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

Michael McIntyre: Millionaire Who Hated God Gets Saved, Now Helping Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Michael McIntyre: Millionaire Who Hated God Gets Saved, Now Helping Christians (31143 Views)

Fani-Kayode: What TB Joshua Told Me + Why Some Nigerian Pastors Hated Him / Why I Rejected The Opportunity To Become A Millionaire Some Years Ago / Imam Who Hated Christians Until Jesus Raised Him Up From The Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Michael McIntyre: Millionaire Who Hated God Gets Saved, Now Helping Christians by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:27pm On May 17, 2019
Multi-Millionaire Who Hated God Gets Radically Saved, Now Helping Christians Level Up in Business and Christ
05-15-2019
Dan Andros

Michael McIntyre reached success most people only dream of achieving. A private jet. Multiple assistants. Tens of millions in revenue.

Everything changed, however, when his little daughter became ill.

Michael didn't know it, but he'd had an army of people praying for his salvation for quite some time. They'd pretty much kept it to themselves because, in his words, he wanted "nothing to do" with born again Christians. When he looked around at the world and saw rape, chaos, murder, evil – he assumed there's no way a good God could exist in the middle of all that.

Watch my interview with McIntyre (continue reading below):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VWHyDz6KgM

He was living the good life of success and admits much of his identity was wrapped up in business accomplishments. Shortly after graduating and then a stint in the Air Force, Michael hit it big in the insurance industry.

"I had an insurance agency, we were one of the biggest in the country. I wrapped up a lot of my identity in the success of being the CEO of a big company. It was hard to turn that off sometimes. I'd come home and still bark orders – but then I'd have to take out the trash. It was humbling," he explains.

He would've been the absolute last person on earth to predict he'd one day sell his business and become a leader in a church and founder of a faith-based event called Next Level Experience.

"I ran from Jesus for a long long time," Michael says. Everything changed, however, not long after he sold the company.

ROAD TO DAMASCUS MOMENT
Michael grew up Catholic but had trouble reconciling the reality of evil in the world. "I was very successful financially, but I did not like anything to do with evangelical Christianity. I figured there was God but I didn't see Him as holy because of all the things going on in the world – death, rape, wars and that kind of thing," he explained.

Little did he know, his entire world was about to be turned upside down. His brother, unbeknownst to him, had been praying for a long time. Praying, specifically, for his brother to be saved. With an army of over 1,000 prayer warriors, Michael's brother was about to see his prayers answered.

"One day my daughter got really really sick. We took her to the hospital and spent 8 hours in the ER and it was really difficult. At the end of the day, we were exhausted — but she was ok."

The harrowing ordeal reminded Michael of something his mother always said to him when he was younger. "She said whenever something good happens, thanks God."

As he arrived home, mentally and emotionally drained from the health scare they'd endured throughout the day, Michael remembered those words from his mother.

"So I went outside and thanked God for about an hour. I was so thankful. I kept thanking him."

Michael thanked God over and over. But it was later that night that things got really interesting. "That night I had a dream, and in this dream, this voice spoke to me in a language I did not understand. I didn't tell my wife about it, but I called my brother to tell him about this dream," Michael explained.

My brother understood the dream immediately and started crying. "What does it mean?" I asked. "You're welcome," he answered.

That was it. From that moment on, God opened Michael's eyes. While the process since that time hasn't always been easy – God promises it never will be – he's still grateful.

"For the first time, I read the Bible and was just weeping because I could understand what it said," Michael says. He lost some of his old friends who didn't understand his heart change.

"I probably needed to," he says pensively.

God wasn't done there, however. It was just the beginning of something entirely new – something Michael never dreamed he'd do in a million years.

Given his background in insurance and leading lots of seminars, his pastor asked him to lead a retreat for the church. He did so, and says the Holy Spirit downloaded a very clear vision for something he just had to do.

That's when Next Level Experience was born.

Now, Michael is helping Christians re-ignite their faith and discover who God really designed them to be in life. "I never thought I'd work in a church or be an executive pastor or anything like that," Michael admits.

NEXT LEVEL EXPERIENCE
It's always exciting to be around people who are on fire for the Lord. Michael is definitely one of those people, and he's taking that energy and fire to Next Level Experiences all around the country.

What kind of people will find NLE appealing? As the website explains:

"If YOUR life is technically "working" but you feel stuck. You work hard but you are tired of living a mediocre life. You know that deep down, something is calling you up. You had dreams but you've compromised or settled, and your soul has never stopped stirring. You know that God has something bigger for you but you are afraid of what is holding you back. You are seeking radical excellence in all aspects of YOUR life: relationships, spirituality, health, and finances. If any of these things resonate with you, Next Level Experience is designed specifically for YOU!"

"We're not a hospital by any stretch," Michael says. "They maybe have been stuck in a rut or a job or a career. A lot of people want to start a business. They need something to help jolt them into that next level."

He continues: "What happens in these three days? You get to look in the mirror and really see who you are. Most people forget who we are because we live in a fallen world. We put these personas on — but what happens is, God wants you to learn how He made you. He's the manufacturer. So we reveal that to people, exactly who God meant you to be. It's transformative."

If you're feeling like you're in a rut with your faith walk – a frequent stumbling block for many Christians is being lukewarm – perhaps this is the event you've been looking for.

http://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/cwn/2019/may/multi-millionaire-who-hated-god-gets-radically-saved-now-helping-christians-level-up-in-business-and-christ

42 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Michael McIntyre: Millionaire Who Hated God Gets Saved, Now Helping Christians by dynicks(m): 6:42pm On May 17, 2019
Correct....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Michael McIntyre: Millionaire Who Hated God Gets Saved, Now Helping Christians by LordReed(m): 3:54am On May 18, 2019
It is funny how he names everything but the supposed business he founded and sold.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Michael McIntyre: Millionaire Who Hated God Gets Saved, Now Helping Christians by CAPSLOCKED: 6:54am On May 18, 2019
LordReed:
It is funny how he names everything but supposed business he founded and sold.

YOU'RE THINKING WHAT I'M THINKING.

THE PARTS THAT GET ME EVERYTIME ARE THE "SAVED" PARTS. WHY CONVERTS ARE REFERRED TO "SAVED" PEOPLE MAKES NO SENSE TO ME.

12 Likes

Re: Michael McIntyre: Millionaire Who Hated God Gets Saved, Now Helping Christians by LordReed(m): 10:12am On May 18, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

YOU'RE THINKING WHAT I'M THINKING.

THE PARTS THAT GET ME EVERYTIME ARE THE "SAVED" PARTS. WHY CONVERTS ARE REFERRED TO "SAVED" PEOPLE MAKES NO SENSE TO ME.

I found out the name of the company he founded, Benefits America. A company supposedly worth billions that is no where to be found in any ratings I can find online. I smell a big fuckíng rat.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Michael McIntyre: Millionaire Who Hated God Gets Saved, Now Helping Christians by NPComplete: 5:51pm On May 18, 2019
LordReed:
It is funny how he names everything but the supposed business he founded and sold.

Take any story from CBN.com with a pinch of salt. That network is nothing but a den of thieves and liars. All Olaadegbu's stories come from there. Especially those anonymous terrorists that convert to Christian stories because an angel appeared to them in a flood or some other sh!t.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Michael McIntyre: Millionaire Who Hated God Gets Saved, Now Helping Christians by LordReed(m): 7:17pm On May 18, 2019
NPComplete:

Take any story from CBN.com with a pinch of salt. That network is nothing but a den of thieves and liars. All Olaadegbu's stories come from there. Especially those anonymous terrorists that convert to Christian stories.

LoL!

6 Likes

Re: Michael McIntyre: Millionaire Who Hated God Gets Saved, Now Helping Christians by Nobody: 8:09am On May 19, 2019
cheesy my problem with atheist is their obsession with Christians.

What do you people really want? To convert people to atheism? Why?.

I think atheist are devil confused people that are sent to capture unknowingly Christians into their fold

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Michael McIntyre: Millionaire Who Hated God Gets Saved, Now Helping Christians by Yakade(m): 8:10am On May 19, 2019
OK
Re: Michael McIntyre: Millionaire Who Hated God Gets Saved, Now Helping Christians by Nobody: 8:10am On May 19, 2019
Wow

If the man was to hate Muslims, he would have been dead. Because of their terrorists nature.

It's funny how atheist don't hate Muslims that bomb but hate Christians that believe in God and love each other

57 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Michael McIntyre: Millionaire Who Hated God Gets Saved, Now Helping Christians by ainas247: 8:10am On May 19, 2019
merciful Jesus, when you hate him, he loves you

15 Likes

Re: Michael McIntyre: Millionaire Who Hated God Gets Saved, Now Helping Christians by Oluromantic: 8:12am On May 19, 2019
Sometimes when I say God will put aethists in helpless situations to prove his existence to them, they'll start ranting like agitated Bush meat that I'm a bad-wisher. But that's exactly what changed this man's views. I'm happy for him

16 Likes

Re: Michael McIntyre: Millionaire Who Hated God Gets Saved, Now Helping Christians by hopefulLandlord: 8:12am On May 19, 2019
"One day my daughter got really really sick. We took her to the hospital and spent 8 hours in the ER and it was really difficult. At the end of the day, we were exhausted — but she was ok."
The harrowing ordeal reminded Michael of something his mother always said to him when he was younger. "She said whenever something good happens, thanks God."

but whenever something bad happens blame the devil or say god works in mysterious ways

When all good things are credited to God, and all evil is thrown at the feet of mankind/devil, it makes thinking people conclude that theists have only invented a God as a sort of repository for holding all positive beliefs, such as hope for the future, surviving our mortality by means of an afterlife, etc.

If God gets all the credit, he also gets all the blame. And trying to have it both ways is just further evidence to me that God is an invention of man rather than the inverse.

10 Likes

Re: Michael McIntyre: Millionaire Who Hated God Gets Saved, Now Helping Christians by hopefulLandlord: 8:12am On May 19, 2019
okayh
Re: Michael McIntyre: Millionaire Who Hated God Gets Saved, Now Helping Christians by Nobody: 8:14am On May 19, 2019
NPComplete:

Take any story from CBN.com with a pinch of salt. That network is nothing but a den of thieves and liars. All Olaadegbu's stories come from there. Especially those anonymous terrorists that convert to Christian stories.

Nigga, may God forgive you. grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Michael McIntyre: Millionaire Who Hated God Gets Saved, Now Helping Christians by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 8:14am On May 19, 2019
grin grin grin grin
lemme just laugh abeg..
Re: Michael McIntyre: Millionaire Who Hated God Gets Saved, Now Helping Christians by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 8:15am On May 19, 2019
hopefulLandlord:
okay

Baba drop it like it's hot. I am always looking forward to seeing your comments on this forum.
Re: Michael McIntyre: Millionaire Who Hated God Gets Saved, Now Helping Christians by Basher8583: 8:16am On May 19, 2019
LordReed:

I found out the name of the company he founded, Benefits America. A company supposedly worth billions that is no where to be found in any ratings I can find online. I smell a big fuckíng rat.

When a business like Christianity and Islam is losing customers, they go to any length to market even if it requires telling lies...HUGE LIES

6 Likes

Re: Michael McIntyre: Millionaire Who Hated God Gets Saved, Now Helping Christians by paranorman(m): 8:18am On May 19, 2019
Salvation
Re: Michael McIntyre: Millionaire Who Hated God Gets Saved, Now Helping Christians by franchasng: 8:19am On May 19, 2019
Excaperx:
Wow

If the man was to hate Muslims, he would have been dead. Because of their terrorists nature.

It's funny how atheist don't hate Muslims that bomb but hate Christians that believe in God and love each other
lol

1 Like

Re: Michael McIntyre: Millionaire Who Hated God Gets Saved, Now Helping Christians by Nobody: 8:29am On May 19, 2019
Only a fool says that there is no God Almighty.

Thank God he is converted. The Saul of our time.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Michael McIntyre: Millionaire Who Hated God Gets Saved, Now Helping Christians by michlins(m): 8:30am On May 19, 2019
Smart man. He went from a taxable business venture to tax-free business venture

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Michael McIntyre: Millionaire Who Hated God Gets Saved, Now Helping Christians by Mizwisdom(f): 8:30am On May 19, 2019
If you have atheists in your family, you must pray without seizing, they are like virus, it's either you find a way of eradicating them through ceaseless prayers or they'll continue attacking you to steal your soul for satan. Pray for atheists

8 Likes

Re: Michael McIntyre: Millionaire Who Hated God Gets Saved, Now Helping Christians by Nobody: 8:33am On May 19, 2019
From one scamming business to Another. The crook just discovered that he can make more money by opening a church business.

3 Likes

Re: Michael McIntyre: Millionaire Who Hated God Gets Saved, Now Helping Christians by SUNDICOS(m): 8:39am On May 19, 2019
Glory to God for the prodigal soul that is back.

1 Like

Re: Michael McIntyre: Millionaire Who Hated God Gets Saved, Now Helping Christians by TheLogicalMind(m): 8:40am On May 19, 2019
He also doesn't give his last name, his homeaddress, his daughter's name etc.
There is such a thing as privacy.

LordReed:

2 Likes

Re: Michael McIntyre: Millionaire Who Hated God Gets Saved, Now Helping Christians by SUNDICOS(m): 8:40am On May 19, 2019
Glory to God for the prodigal soul that is back.
The lost sheep

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ghanaian Woman Storms Church To Take Back All Her Tithes And Offerings (video) / Catholic Priests May Be Allowed To Marry Amid Papal Changes / Prayer Points For Rccg February 2012 Fasting And Prayer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.