Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,189 members, 7,829,260 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

I Bought My Gun For Cultism, Not Robbery – Suspect - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Bought My Gun For Cultism, Not Robbery – Suspect (21732 Views)

CCTV FOOTAGE: Proof AKA Assasinated, Not Robbery or Accident (PICS) / 4 Secondary School Boys Arrested By Delta Police For Cultism. See Items Recovere / Police Arrests Five Secondary School Student For Cultism (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Bought My Gun For Cultism, Not Robbery – Suspect by princeade86(m): 9:32am On Jan 15, 2018
AFON*******
Re: I Bought My Gun For Cultism, Not Robbery – Suspect by highchief1: 9:33am On Jan 15, 2018
actiondrilling:
A suspect, Ridwan Omole, has denied allegations of robbery against him by the police, saying he is only a cult member.

The suspect, however, said he always shared loot with a robbery gang each time they had a successful operation.

The 21-year-old spoke in a statement he made to operatives of the Rapid Response Squad of the Lagos State Police Command.

According to the police, a three-man robbery gang consisting of one Taiwo Lawal (23), Kabiru Ajiboye (24) and Seyi Ayetoba (27), had been arrested on Thursday during a botched operation in the Somolu area of Lagos State.

The men were about attacking a motorcycle rider and his passenger in the area when their intending victims raised the alarm.

They were reportedly chased and apprehended by some residents who handed them over to a patrol team of the RRS.

The suspects were said to have confessed to the police that the gun with them belonged to Omole.

He was then arrested in his parents’ house in the Ajah area.

Omole, who allegedly confessed to be a member of the Aiye Confraternity, said he bought the gun from a former schoolmate for self-defence.

He said, “I bought the gun from a former schoolmate for N9,000. I bought it in September 2017. I got the gun because of rival cult members who were disturbing me in my street. They knew I belonged to Aiye Confraternity and wanted me to join their camp.

“Because my friend, Ayetoba, knew that I had a gun at home, he usually came to borrow it. He later requested that I follow him for a job. I asked him the nature of the business and he said robbery and okada snatching. I told him that I couldn’t do such a thing.

“However, whenever he borrowed the gun and went out for an operation, he returned to give me money. On three occasions, he had given me money. First, he gave me N10,000; the second time was N10,000 and an Android phone; and the third was N2,000. He said that operation wasn’t smooth.”

Ayetoba, who was the leader of the gang, said he was initiated into robbery by one Tunde, whom he met in the Mushin area of Lagos.

“Tunde was the leader of my previous gang. Whatever we stole, we sold in Mushin. It was Tunde who taught me all the tricks I used during operations. He was arrested sometime last year. I didn’t go out with him that day.

“I formed my own gang with Taiwo (Lawal) and Kabiru (Ajiboye) and took the gun from Ridwan (Omole). Each time we went on an operation, I paid him for hiring the gun from him. We live on the same street and belong to the same confraternity.

“The areas where we have operated included Ajah, Costain, Onipanu, Yaba, and the National Stadium. We sold stolen motorcycles for between N30,000 N60,000,” he said.

The RRS said it recovered from the gang a locally-made pistol with a 9mm live cartridge and a jackknife.

The Police Public Relations Officer, SP Chike Oti, said the suspects were cooperating with the police, adding that the state Commissioner of Police, Edgal Imohimi, lauded the participation of members of the community in the arrest.

“The case has been transferred to the Federal Special Anti-Robbery Squad for further investigation,” he added.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/punchng.com/i-bought-my-gun-for-cultism-not-robbery-suspect/amp/
u will go to jail for owning a gun not for being a cultist
Re: I Bought My Gun For Cultism, Not Robbery – Suspect by Josephamstrong1(m): 9:35am On Jan 15, 2018
We understand bro, you're just a good cultist and you're using it for protection.
Cultist hunts too. You know as side hustle.
So I understand why you bought the gun.
You bought it for hunting antelopes, bush rabbits and mgbada.
SARS no catch you.

1 Like

Re: I Bought My Gun For Cultism, Not Robbery – Suspect by nonhuman(m): 9:37am On Jan 15, 2018
by their names we shall know them ... lazy folks

1 Like

Re: I Bought My Gun For Cultism, Not Robbery – Suspect by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 9:38am On Jan 15, 2018
when 2 or more yellowbar demons gathered together there must be criminal conspiracy going on... abeg there is no difference between diz guys and don wanny, mete out same treatment to them, we need to sanitize our lagos

4 Likes

Re: I Bought My Gun For Cultism, Not Robbery – Suspect by gifted5050: 9:38am On Jan 15, 2018
Lol..... I bought banana for chewing not swallowing........ 31days for the owner and 1 day for the thief..... Interesting...
Re: I Bought My Gun For Cultism, Not Robbery – Suspect by Emeralddan(f): 9:39am On Jan 15, 2018
see their wowor face
Re: I Bought My Gun For Cultism, Not Robbery – Suspect by Charly68: 9:40am On Jan 15, 2018
Desyner:
Hmmm . . . What aspect of the cultism did he get his gun for ?
Imagine his ingenuous defence folly ..As if cultism gives him right to own a gun to kill ..
Re: I Bought My Gun For Cultism, Not Robbery – Suspect by ThaCayman(m): 9:50am On Jan 15, 2018
Imagine the nerves on the oblong-headed bastard. Cultism is a crime punishable by law, in itself. He now added aiding and abetting a criminal to his charge.
The fool does not know he has shot himself in the foot. Ugly criminal.

Kirikiri awaits your black arse.

2 Likes

Re: I Bought My Gun For Cultism, Not Robbery – Suspect by LZAA: 9:51am On Jan 15, 2018
actiondrilling:
A suspect, Ridwan Omole, has denied allegations of robbery against him by the police, saying he is only a cult member.

The suspect, however, said he always shared loot with a robbery gang each time they had a successful operation.

The 21-year-old spoke in a statement he made to operatives of the Rapid Response Squad of the Lagos State Police Command.

According to the police, a three-man robbery gang consisting of one Taiwo Lawal (23), Kabiru Ajiboye (24) and Seyi Ayetoba (27), had been arrested on Thursday during a botched operation in the Somolu area of Lagos State.

The men were about attacking a motorcycle rider and his passenger in the area when their intending victims raised the alarm.

They were reportedly chased and apprehended by some residents who handed them over to a patrol team of the RRS.

The suspects were said to have confessed to the police that the gun with them belonged to Omole.

Omole, who allegedly confessed to be a member of the Aiye Confraternity, said he bought the gun from a former schoolmate for self-defence.

He said, “I bought the gun from a former schoolmate for N9,000. I bought it in September 2017. I got the gun because of rival cult members who were disturbing me in my street. They knew I belonged to Aiye Confraternity and wanted me to join their camp.

“Because my friend, Ayetoba, knew that I had a gun at home, he usually came to borrow it. He later requested that I follow him for a job. I asked him the nature of the business and he said robbery and okada snatching. I told him that I couldn’t do such a thing.

“However, whenever he borrowed the gun and went out for an operation, he returned to give me money. On three occasions, he had given me money. First, he gave me N10,000; the second time was N10,000 and an Android phone; and the third was N2,000. He said that operation wasn’t smooth.”

Ayetoba, who was the leader of the gang, said he was initiated into robbery by one Tunde, whom he met in the Mushin area of Lagos.

“Tunde was the leader of my previous gang. Whatever we stole, we sold in Mushin. It was Tunde who taught me all the tricks I used during operations. He was arrested sometime last year. I didn’t go out with him that day.

“I formed my own gang with Taiwo (Lawal) and Kabiru (Ajiboye) and took the gun from Ridwan (Omole). Each time we went on an operation, I paid him for hiring the gun from him. We live on the same street and belong to the same confraternity.

“The areas where we have operated included Ajah, Costain, Onipanu, Yaba, and the National Stadium. We sold stolen motorcycles for between N30,000 N60,000,” he said.

The RRS said it recovered from the gang a locally-made pistol with a 9mm live cartridge and a jackknife.

The Police Public Relations Officer, SP Chike Oti, said the suspects were cooperating with the police, adding that the state Commissioner of Police, Edgal Imohimi, lauded the participation of members of the community in the arrest.

“The case has been transferred to the Federal Special Anti-Robbery Squad for further investigation,” he added.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/punchng.com/i-bought-my-gun-for-cultism-not-robbery-suspect/amp/
ridwan omole

1 Like

Re: I Bought My Gun For Cultism, Not Robbery – Suspect by AceDomino(m): 9:55am On Jan 15, 2018
Ati cultism ati robbery, ain't they both on the very same path... Come and hear this don wanny's brother ooo
Re: I Bought My Gun For Cultism, Not Robbery – Suspect by anibirelawal(m): 9:59am On Jan 15, 2018
donstan18:

If dem catch you one on one for operation.
U go ejaculate from your nose by force, and still call dem uncle.
I rebuke that!
Re: I Bought My Gun For Cultism, Not Robbery – Suspect by CornFooPanda(m): 10:19am On Jan 15, 2018
Cultism ko armed-robbery na dsame dsame. Sorry 4 dis smal boiz
Re: I Bought My Gun For Cultism, Not Robbery – Suspect by Gbaremu(m): 10:48am On Jan 15, 2018
So sorry for being underrated by the public.
Your case is more than a robber jare because not all robber are cultist, but almost all cultist are into robbery......
Re: I Bought My Gun For Cultism, Not Robbery – Suspect by colossus91(m): 10:52am On Jan 15, 2018
PointZerom:

a three-man robbery gang consisting of one Taiwo Lawal (23), Kabiru Ajiboye (24) and Seyi Ayetoba (27),

“I formed my own gang with Taiwo (Lawal) and Kabiru (Ajiboye) and took the gun from Ridwan (Omole).
I get your point lol,a gonna won this round grin
Re: I Bought My Gun For Cultism, Not Robbery – Suspect by Reelmii: 11:00am On Jan 15, 2018
clap for urself, u can now go home
Re: I Bought My Gun For Cultism, Not Robbery – Suspect by lilianaghanti: 11:05am On Jan 15, 2018
Its just like saying "I had sex to give birth and not for pregnancy". What's the difference?
Re: I Bought My Gun For Cultism, Not Robbery – Suspect by autonomous22: 11:54am On Jan 15, 2018
See collabo... Yoruba and Hausa
Re: I Bought My Gun For Cultism, Not Robbery – Suspect by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jan 15, 2018
actiondrilling:

NCAN??
Re: I Bought My Gun For Cultism, Not Robbery – Suspect by kaptaneSaka(m): 3:30pm On Jan 15, 2018
For cultism? To kill goat?
Re: I Bought My Gun For Cultism, Not Robbery – Suspect by Bsingle(m): 3:45pm On Jan 15, 2018
Cultist, robber what's the difference ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gunmen Kidnap 13 Passengers In Nasarawa, Driver Shot Dead / EFCC To Arraign NFF Director For Diverting N3.4bn FIFA Fund (Photo) / Police Sergeant Attempts Committing Suicide In Abia State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.