Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,827 members, 7,817,414 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

The Menace Of Local Gin (paraga) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Menace Of Local Gin (paraga) (2521 Views)

Photos Showing How Local Gin 'ogogoro' Is Brewed In Nigeria / FG Bans The Sale & Consumption Of Local Gin (Ogogoro) / PARAGA: Libido Boosters Or Life Destroyer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Menace Of Local Gin (paraga) by dayokanu(m): 12:22am On Mar 02, 2007
The consumption of local gin called Paraga or Sepe in Nigeria should be a thing of worry to every Nigerian given the number of consumers and sellers. Given that 90% of drivers and conductors are already high on Paraga before getting on the wheels little wonder accidents are so prevalent.Sometime in 2005 Plateau state house of assembly had to ban the consumption of the local gin called Goskolo in the state considering the number of death and accident associated with it
Re: The Menace Of Local Gin (paraga) by ikamefa(f): 1:30am On Mar 02, 2007
abegie! angry angry
Re: The Menace Of Local Gin (paraga) by bamdil(m): 8:15am On Mar 02, 2007
@dayokanu
I know say u are talking about MUSEYA, it doesn't stop alone with commercial drivers and conductors alone, even some private drivers of companies do engage in such a thing too.
There was an instance of a driver who used Paraga in one establishment, this establishment deals with health organisation, because they understand the risk that is associated with this, they asked the driver to come for test which he did, and they later on found out that it was true, he was sacked after they discover this.
If all organisations are doing this and those in health sectors are waging war on commercial drivers, i hope it will reduce to its bearest minimum.
Re: The Menace Of Local Gin (paraga) by eniola1310(f): 9:49am On Mar 02, 2007
the consumption of paraga is not only limited to drivers and conductors.
i have seen our so called university graduates and corpers taking this drink called paraga.
i'm sure they dont know the only thing that thing does is ruin their liver.
Re: The Menace Of Local Gin (paraga) by akara(m): 11:40am On Mar 14, 2007
grin

tut the stuff contained some healing properties when taken with roots and herbs, Worked for me then.

grin

(1) (Reply)

Chinese Boffins Invent 'sperm Collecting Machine' / Solution To Hearing Problem / Natural Way To Completely Manage Your Diabetes.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.