Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,076 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:08 PM

N-Power Is Propaganda - Senator Abaribe Blasts Buhari's Government - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N-Power Is Propaganda - Senator Abaribe Blasts Buhari's Government (27431 Views)

Video:you Shut Us Out On Approval Of Buhari's $22.7bn Loan- Abaribe Blasts Lawan / Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

N-Power Is Propaganda - Senator Abaribe Blasts Buhari's Government by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:13am On Jan 15, 2018
The Chairman, Senate Committee on Power, Steel Development and Metallurgy, Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe, has ​described ​the N-Power programme of the Buhari government as “propaganda”.

Abaribe, who doubles as Chairman, South-East caucus in the Senate,
​also declared that the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) will return to power in 2019.

​In a chat with Vanguard, Abaribe said Nigerians should not be excited about the N-Power scheme.​

​”​Where have they given it? I have not seen any youth. I have sent people from my own senatorial zone for them to show me where they have taken any of them​”, he said.

“It is nothing but propaganda that we simply see and bogus claims that we also always see from this government,​” he added.​

​On 2019 general elections, the lawmaker stressed that the PDP “will take over power in 2019. And we have worked out all our strategies and you are going to see it emerge and be fulfilled very soon.​”​

On the controversy trailing the $1 billion approval by the National Economic Council, NEC, to tackle insecurity in the North-East
​, Abaribe assured that the legislature will ​continue
to support and fund the armed forces.

​He, however, raised some questions about the fund.

​”Where did the governors derive the power to appropriate money? There is nowhere in the constitution where governors have the power to appropriate money.

​”​And that’s where the problem lies. Where did they get this power from? That it is just an illegal thing. And if the governors claim that the money belongs to the three tiers of government, so, how did the governors now become the people to appropriate for the federal government and Local governments’ shares?

​”​I think what is just going on is simply the same we have always seen in Nigeria where people perpetuate impunity and because they are in the ruling party, people don’t want to admit that they have gone the wrong way.

​”​
I heard the vice president say the other day ‘it is no longer for the northeast alone’. But of course, when governor Obaseki was speaking, we heard him very clearly say, it is to fight Boko Haram.

​”​That they are now trying to run away from that and extend it to all over the place just tells you that the initial concept was very flawed and they are just realizing it but of course, cannot come out and tell Nigerian we are wrong, let us now do the right thing​”, he stated.

http://dailypost.ng/2018/01/15/n-power-propaganda-senator-abaribe-blasts-buharis-govt/

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N-Power Is Propaganda - Senator Abaribe Blasts Buhari's Government by mazimee(m): 10:14am On Jan 15, 2018
We are used to suffering and smiling so Nobody is complaining

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: N-Power Is Propaganda - Senator Abaribe Blasts Buhari's Government by zakim(m): 10:15am On Jan 15, 2018
No hope on this government...

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: N-Power Is Propaganda - Senator Abaribe Blasts Buhari's Government by chiscodedon(m): 10:24am On Jan 15, 2018
N Power: Northern Power

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: N-Power Is Propaganda - Senator Abaribe Blasts Buhari's Government by motiond16(m): 10:26am On Jan 15, 2018
Thunder fire Abiriba, you are a big fool. N-power is realy far better than the so called U win. How many people benefited from U win programme.

92 Likes 4 Shares

Re: N-Power Is Propaganda - Senator Abaribe Blasts Buhari's Government by usba: 10:28am On Jan 15, 2018
E pain am. Since he lost his collateral his senses took leave grin grin grin

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N-Power Is Propaganda - Senator Abaribe Blasts Buhari's Government by kcmichael: 10:32am On Jan 15, 2018
BeeBeeOoh:

http://dailypost.ng/2018/01/15/n-power-propaganda-senator-abaribe-blasts-buharis-govt/

I'm an Npower beneficiaries,I have been paid from DEC 2016 till December 2017

101 Likes 8 Shares

Re: N-Power Is Propaganda - Senator Abaribe Blasts Buhari's Government by aolawale025: 10:33am On Jan 15, 2018
The political environment is changing. People are now speaking out. Good

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N-Power Is Propaganda - Senator Abaribe Blasts Buhari's Government by ebujany(m): 10:39am On Jan 15, 2018
Well, anything is possible in this country

4 Likes

Re: N-Power Is Propaganda - Senator Abaribe Blasts Buhari's Government by Nobody: 11:36am On Jan 15, 2018
SethRollins:

Young man, you or nobody in your generation can come close to who Abaribe is in the next 1 million years.

Your hate for the Igbos will soon be repayed. Quote me anywhere.
Is Abaribe going to tell us where Kanu is or does he have to forfeit his N100 million bond money and go to prison first?

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: N-Power Is Propaganda - Senator Abaribe Blasts Buhari's Government by usba: 11:46am On Jan 15, 2018
[s]
SethRollins:

Young man, you or nobody in your generation can come close to who Abaribe is in the next 1 million years.

Your hate for the Igbos will soon be repayed. Quote me anywhere.
[/s]

If I need the opinion of cownu sychophant Muslim hating ipob I will let you know. Until then tell your foolish nonentity senator to focus his efforts on producing Cownu instead of venting his frustration on the wonderful FG for doing what it said it will do.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: N-Power Is Propaganda - Senator Abaribe Blasts Buhari's Government by Wiseandtrue(f): 11:54am On Jan 15, 2018
Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe, I beg to differ.

If there is anything good about President Buhari's regime, its N-power.

In fact I recommend that it should be a continuity from whoever that is taking over from him

Alot of people that I know were selected for this program and I can tell you that they don't know anybody. Though they await the final selection

If non is from your constituency then something must be wrong perhaps you only asked few people closer to you.

Though the salary is not much, for now its transparent and also acquiring the gadget of a thing has been smooth

N-Power is the only good thing Buhari Administration will be remembered for that is if he did not flop it up

102 Likes 9 Shares

Re: N-Power Is Propaganda - Senator Abaribe Blasts Buhari's Government by Guyman02: 11:58am On Jan 15, 2018
APC programmes are the more you look the less you see.

Why is it that so many kids on NL keep bringing up IPOB, pig, Biafra, Afonja just to derail every topic on this forum? Its getting rather boring and overused.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: N-Power Is Propaganda - Senator Abaribe Blasts Buhari's Government by otil1: 12:07pm On Jan 15, 2018
kcmichael:

I'm an Npower beneficiaries,I have been paid from DEC 2016 till December 2017

Yes, you are BMC! That's why the payment.

An elected Senator who is in touch with his grass roots says he hasn't seen anyone employed by Npower in his entire constituency. All you need do is provide him with a list to prove him wrong.

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: N-Power Is Propaganda - Senator Abaribe Blasts Buhari's Government by kcmichael: 12:13pm On Jan 15, 2018
otil1:

Yes, you are BMC! That's why the payment.

An elected Senator who is in touch with his grass roots says he hasn't seen anyone employed by Npower in his entire constituency. All you need do is provide him with a list to prove him wrong.

I'm from Abia state,senetor Abaribe is my senator representing Abia-South Senatorial District .many people in Abia about 8thousand people are enjoying Npower right now

58 Likes 6 Shares

Re: N-Power Is Propaganda - Senator Abaribe Blasts Buhari's Government by otil1: 12:15pm On Jan 15, 2018
Wiseandtrue:

In fact I recommend that it should be a continuity from whoever that is taking over from him

Alot of people that I know were selected for this program and I can tell you that they don't know anybody. Though they await the final selection

If non is from your constituency then something must be wrong perhaps you only asked few people closer to you.

Though the salary is not much, for now its transparent and also acquiring the gadget of a thing has been smooth

N-Power is the only good thing Buhari Administration will be remembered for that is if he did not flop it up

Please continue to educate us on the matter -where are the N-Power recruits posted to work? What work do they do, which service?

I'm in Enugu, where will I go to see N-Power workers to interview them?

You state that you and those you know are awaiting final selection. So, they have not been selected?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: N-Power Is Propaganda - Senator Abaribe Blasts Buhari's Government by otil1: 12:16pm On Jan 15, 2018
kcmichael:

I'm from Abia state,senetor Abaribe is my senator representing Abia-South Senatorial District .many people in Abia about 8thousand people are enjoying Npower right now

Call him and tell him that!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: N-Power Is Propaganda - Senator Abaribe Blasts Buhari's Government by hydroking23(m): 12:43pm On Jan 15, 2018
My family friend from Etche in Rivers State has been an N-Power beneficiary for over 7 months now. They received tablets in july and they even have a whatsapp group chat. It's the real deal.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: N-Power Is Propaganda - Senator Abaribe Blasts Buhari's Government by tuniski: 1:20pm On Jan 15, 2018
Wiseandtrue:

NPower is an Insult on hardworking,ambitious,well learned and focus graduates. It is an extended NYSC. Making graduate to be corporate almajiris!

18 Likes 6 Shares

Re: N-Power Is Propaganda - Senator Abaribe Blasts Buhari's Government by tuniski: 1:20pm On Jan 15, 2018
hydroking23:
My family friend from Etche in Rivers State has been an N-Power beneficiary for over 7 months now. They received tablets in july and they even have a whatsapp group chat. It's the real deal.
It is nysc!
Re: N-Power Is Propaganda - Senator Abaribe Blasts Buhari's Government by Histrings08(m): 1:34pm On Jan 15, 2018
Npower is d only organized scheme in dis administration so far... Buh I think senator abaribe is part of those sleeping senators

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: N-Power Is Propaganda - Senator Abaribe Blasts Buhari's Government by cdqyehyeh(m): 2:21pm On Jan 15, 2018
N Power Is Real. I Tink Abaribe Or Portharibe Shud Kp Quiet, and shud rather find a way of producing cownu

10 Likes

Re: N-Power Is Propaganda - Senator Abaribe Blasts Buhari's Government by Okoroawusa: 2:58pm On Jan 15, 2018
From the above testimonies of beneficiaries it seems Abaribe is a sleeping senator or he is just playing politics

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: N-Power Is Propaganda - Senator Abaribe Blasts Buhari's Government by Jeswino: 4:19pm On Jan 15, 2018
Sorry Senator! We no want APC or PDP again.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N-Power Is Propaganda - Senator Abaribe Blasts Buhari's Government by adem30: 4:29pm On Jan 15, 2018
The money and properties this mumu senator lose on Nnamdi Kanu has damaged his reasoning. Only a fool will call Npower scam

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: N-Power Is Propaganda - Senator Abaribe Blasts Buhari's Government by otil1: 4:39pm On Jan 15, 2018
tuniski:

NPower is an Insult on hardworking,ambitious,well learned and focus graduates. It is an extended NYSC. Making graduate to be corporate almajiris!

Our problem is that we don't research. Check the huge sums budgeted and expended in the name of N-power. Because few people get meaningless stipend, makes N-Power such a great scheme? Who has become gainfully employed as a result of N-power?

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: N-Power Is Propaganda - Senator Abaribe Blasts Buhari's Government by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jan 15, 2018
grin

6 Likes

Re: N-Power Is Propaganda - Senator Abaribe Blasts Buhari's Government by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jan 15, 2018
Jd
Re: N-Power Is Propaganda - Senator Abaribe Blasts Buhari's Government by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jan 15, 2018

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N-Power Is Propaganda - Senator Abaribe Blasts Buhari's Government by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jan 15, 2018
motiond16:
Thunder fire Abiriba, you are a big fool. N-power is realy far better than the so called U win. How many people benefited from U win programme.

My cousin is a beneficiary and he is living very well and comfortable.

3 Likes

Re: N-Power Is Propaganda - Senator Abaribe Blasts Buhari's Government by Realdeals(m): 4:46pm On Jan 15, 2018
His constituency youth's are probably lazy or he might have deceived them that he'll fix them up in the programme, thinking it will follow the usual sharing pattern. He's obviously disappointed he failed them.

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari, APC, INEC Reject Atiku, PDP’s Move To Play Rigging Video In Court / Man Cries Out After Customs Auctioned Off His N33m Cargo For N250k / Flood Ravages Parts Of Nasarawa State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.