Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,055 members, 7,818,162 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

I Was Debited Without Doing Any Transaction On My Card. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Was Debited Without Doing Any Transaction On My Card. (1334 Views)

My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! / EFCC Arraigns Three Men Who Carried Out Transaction On The Shares Of Dead People / "How N37k Was Debited From My Bank Account Through My Stolen Phone" (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Debited Without Doing Any Transaction On My Card. by AloyalNigerian(m): 10:50am On Jan 15, 2018
Please guys, I got a debit alert on my phone yesterday that I authorised a transaction totalling the naira equivalent of $15.17 on my card. But I didn't do it at all. And I'm still wondering how it was done because I didn't even get a confirmation message or this OTP whatever from Gtbank.
I've attached a screenshot of the alert, is it traceable since the transac6was done on godaddy?
Please, I really want to know.

Re: I Was Debited Without Doing Any Transaction On My Card. by okonja(m): 10:52am On Jan 15, 2018
Your card was used to make payment for hosting a website. You can easily get the person but you need to apply logic
Re: I Was Debited Without Doing Any Transaction On My Card. by AloyalNigerian(m): 10:53am On Jan 15, 2018
okonja:
Your card have been used to make payment for hosting a website
Yea, I know. But can I trace it?
Or is it possible for godaddy to auto renew a subscription without requesting for it?
Re: I Was Debited Without Doing Any Transaction On My Card. by AloyalNigerian(m): 10:55am On Jan 15, 2018
I need to reverse this transaction. If there's anyway I can link it back to godaddy and ask them for a refund since I never initiated it.
Re: I Was Debited Without Doing Any Transaction On My Card. by okonja(m): 10:56am On Jan 15, 2018
AloyalNigerian:

Yea, I know. But can I trace it?
Or is it possible for godaddy to auto renew a subscription without requesting for it?

Yes you can trace it but firstly answer this; Have you ever used your card to make payment on Godaddy before?
Re: I Was Debited Without Doing Any Transaction On My Card. by Nobody: 10:56am On Jan 15, 2018
this is very bad. please report this to any nearest police station. immediate action will be taken from there to fish out the thieve. sorry about your loss
Re: I Was Debited Without Doing Any Transaction On My Card. by AloyalNigerian(m): 11:00am On Jan 15, 2018
okonja:

Yes you can trace it but firstly answer this; Have you ever used your card to make payment on Godaddy before?
Yes, twice, but the amount isn't close to this at all. Are these companies saving my card details.
Re: I Was Debited Without Doing Any Transaction On My Card. by okonja(m): 11:02am On Jan 15, 2018
AloyalNigerian:

Yes, twice, but the amount isn't close to this at all. Are these companies saving my card details.

Then the fault is from you. You must have enabled recurrent payment which means when it's annual payment period, the system automatically charge your account. So what you can do now is ask for a refund from Godday or goto the company that owns the site to claim your payment.
Re: I Was Debited Without Doing Any Transaction On My Card. by okonja(m): 11:04am On Jan 15, 2018
MBuhariGCFR:
this is very bad. please report this to any nearest police station. immediate action will be taken from there to fish out the thieve. sorry about your loss

What are you reporting to the police station here when you ought to firstly retrace your steps. undecided undecided
Re: I Was Debited Without Doing Any Transaction On My Card. by AloyalNigerian(m): 11:06am On Jan 15, 2018
okonja:

Then the fault is from you. You must have enabled recurrent payment which means when it's annual payment period, the system automatically charge your account. So what you can do now is ask for a refund from Godday or goto the company that owns the site to claim your payment.
Oh God. You mean they can debit me without even getting a confirmation from me? This is bad.
I should contact godaddy and request for a refund. Thanks bro. You helped a lot. I'm grateful.
Re: I Was Debited Without Doing Any Transaction On My Card. by okonja(m): 11:23am On Jan 15, 2018
AloyalNigerian:

Oh God. You mean they can debit me without even getting a confirmation from me? This is bad.
I should contact godaddy and request for a refund. Thanks bro. You helped a lot. I'm grateful.

Yes they can "IF" the option "Recurring" payment was enabled
Re: I Was Debited Without Doing Any Transaction On My Card. by AloyalNigerian(m): 11:33am On Jan 15, 2018
okonja:

Yes they can "IF" the option "Recurring" payment was enabled
OK. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Chinese Beat Up A Ugandan Minister After Losing On A Tender!! / TUNDE Ednut Was Involved In Promoting A Business Which Was Fraud On His IG Accnt / South Africans Rejoice As Notorious Armed Robber With Rich Dad Is Finally Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.