Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,808 members, 7,817,344 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Catfish Farming (assistance) - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Catfish Farming (assistance) (630 Views)

Catfish Farming, 2019 / Catfish Farming Vs Broiler Poultry Farming / Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catfish Farming (assistance) by patricktoks(m): 1:03am On Jan 16, 2018
Need a help/advice from an expect. i just started a catfish farm, like 2 months ago from juvenile stage but currently am having issues in identifying the size of feed (2mm,2.5mm,3mm, etc) to give them so they can grow in size. Also they eat themselves anyhow. please i need an assistance in knowing the kind/type of feed to give them per month and what to do to reduce the cannibalism in my pond.
Thanks
Re: Catfish Farming (assistance) by mokset123: 1:10am On Jan 16, 2018
4mm should suit them at this stage, if it doesn't try 6mm. I use durante skretting fish feed. As for the cannibalism I am not so vast in experience to be of help here.
Re: Catfish Farming (assistance) by patricktoks(m): 5:15am On Jan 16, 2018
i tried 4mm recently but seems its still big in size for them to carry.
Re: Catfish Farming (assistance) by Chukwumahike: 11:37am On Jan 16, 2018
As per eating themselves, sorting them into sizes is the best solution
patricktoks:
Need a help/advice from an expect. i just started a catfish farm, like 2 months ago from juvenile stage but currently am having issues in identifying the size of feed (2mm,2.5mm,3mm, etc) to give them so they can grow in size. Also they eat themselves anyhow. please i need an assistance in knowing the kind/type of feed to give them per month and what to do to reduce the cannibalism in my pond.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Catfish Farming (assistance) by FeedMachinery88(f): 7:53am On Jan 17, 2018
Yeah, I think so, sorting catfish into sizes to avoid cannibalism.
Chukwumahike:
As per eating themselves, sorting them into sizes is the best solution
Re: Catfish Farming (assistance) by jstburner(m): 10:35am On Jan 17, 2018
As regards eating themselves ,do sorting weekly or once in two weeks (drain the water to lower level to see their sizes,then separate the big ones from the small ones into two different ponds)
Re: Catfish Farming (assistance) by bilag17(m): 1:27pm On Jan 17, 2018
patricktoks:
Thanks
3mm floating feed should be good for them. However, because of the smaller ones, you have to also use 2mm. Apart from sorting, there are many reasons for cannibalism - over stocking, inadequate feeding etc.

(1) (Reply)

Rabbits Rabbits Rabbits.....weaners And Matured At Affordable Price In Uyo / Supply Of Oven Dried Catfish / Get FREE 50KG (Bag) Of Fishmeal and Feed Formula

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.