Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,100 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

What Is The True Religion Of God ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The True Religion Of God ? (640 Views)

The Solution To The Problems Of This World Is Adoption Of A True Religion / A Very Simple Logic To Recognize The Only True Religion From God / Christianity Is Not The True Religion, Its Satanic! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The True Religion Of God ? by Oricha62(m): 6:59am On Jan 16, 2018
Each person is born in a circumstance which is not of his own choosing. The religion of his family or the ideology of the state is thrust upon him from the very beginning of his existence in this world.

By the time he reaches his teens, he is usually fully brain-washed into believing that the beliefs of his particular society are the correct beliefs that everyone should have. However, when some people mature and are exposed to other belief-systems, they begin to question the validity of their own beliefs.

The seekers of truth often reach a point of confusion upon realizing that each and every religion, sect, ideology and philosophy claims to be the one and only correct way for man. Indeed they all encourage people to good. So, which one is right? They cannot all be right since each claims all others to be wrong. Then how does the seeker of truth choose the right way?

Like every other religion or philosophy, Islam also claims to be the one and only true way to God. In this respect it is no different from other systems. This article intends to provide some evidence for the validity of that claim. However, it must always be kept in mind that one can only determine the true path by putting aside emotions and prejudices, which often blind us to reality. Then, and only then, will we be able to use our God-given intelligence and make a rational and correct decision.

There are several arguments which may be advanced to support Islam's claim to be the true religion of God. The following are only three of the most obvious.
The first argument is based on the Divine origin of the names of the religion and the comprehensiveness of its meaning.
The second deals with the unique and uncomplicated teachings concerning the relationship between God, man, and creation.
The third argument derives from the fact that Islam is universally attainable by all men at all times. These are the three basic components of what logic and reason dictate necessary for a religion to be considered the true religion of God.

THE RELIGION'S NAME

The first thing that one should know and clearly understand about Islam is what the word "Islam" itself means. The Arabic word "Islam" means the submission or surrender of one's will to the only true God, known in Arabic as "Allah". One who submits his will to God is termed in Arabic a "Muslim". The religion of Islam is not named after a person or people, nor was it decided by a later generation of man, as in the case of Christianity which was named after Jesus Christ (p), Buddhism after Gautama Buddha, Confucianism after Confucius, Marxism after Karl Marx, Judaism after the tribe of Judah, and Hinduism after the Hindus. Islam (submission to the will of God) is the religion which was given to Adam (p), the first man and the first prophet of God, and it was the religion of all the prophets sent by Allah to mankind. Further, its name was chosen by God Himself and clearly mentioned in the final scripture which He revealed to man. In the final revelation, called the Qur'an in Arabic, Allah states the following:

"This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and I have chosen for you Islam as you religion." (Qur'an 5:3)

"If anyone desires a religion other than Islam (submission to God), never will it be accepted of him." (Qur'an 3:85)

Hence, Islam does not claim to be a new religion brought by Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) into Arabia in the seventh century, but rather to be a re-expression in its final form of the true religion of Almighty God, Allah, as it was originally revealed to Adam (p) and subsequent prophets.

At this point we might comment briefly on two other religions that claim to be the true path. Nowhere in the Bible will you find God revealing to Prophet Moses' (p) people or their descendants that their religion is called Judaism, or to the followers of Christ (p) that their religion is called Christianity. In other words, the names "Judaism" and "Christianity" had no divine origin or approval. It was not until long after his departure that the name "Christianity" was given to Jesus' (p) religion.

What, then, was Jesus' (p) religion in actual fact, as distinct from its name? His religion was reflected in his teachings, which he urged his followers to accept as guiding principles in their relationship with God. In Islam, Jesus (p) is a prophet sent by Allah and his Arabic name is Eesa. Like the prophets before him, he called upon the people to surrender their will to the will of God (which is what Islam stands for). For example, in the New Testament, it is stated that Jesus (p) taught his followers to pray to God as follows:

"Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your Name, may your will be done on earth as it is in heaven." (Luke 11:2; Matt. 6:9-10)

This concept was emphasized by Jesus (p) in a number of his statements recorded in the Gospels. He taught, for example, that only those who submitted would inherit Paradise.

Jesus (p) also pointed out that he himself submitted to the will of God.

"None of those who call me 'Lord' will enter the kingdom of God, but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven." (Matt. 7:21)

"I cannot do anything of myself. I judge as I hear and my judgment is honest because I am not seeking my own will but the will of Him Who sent me." (John 5:30)

There are many reports in the Gospels which show that Jesus (p) made it clear to his followers that he was not the one true God. For example, when speaking about the final Hour, he said:

"No one knows about the Day or Hour, not even the angels in heaven, not the son, but only the Father." (Mark 13:32)

Thus, Jesus (p) like the prophets before him and the one who came after him, taught the religion of Islam: submission to the will of the One true God.
Re: What Is The True Religion Of God ? by Nobody: 7:05am On Jan 16, 2018
Love your neighbor as yourself.
Re: What Is The True Religion Of God ? by Oricha62(m): 7:17am On Jan 16, 2018
Netanyahu1:
That is exactly what Islam teaches.
Prophet Muhammad(saw) said:
Anyone who believes in God and the Last Day should not harm his neighbour,
and anyone who believes in God and the Last Day should look after his guests generously
and anybody who believes in God and the Last Day should talk what is good or keep quiet.

(Bukhari)
Re: What Is The True Religion Of God ? by Oricha62(m): 7:21am On Jan 16, 2018
Netanyahu1:
Don't allow media to brainwash you about Islam and attitudes of some ignorant Muslims around the world.but study the Qur'an and hadith to know more about Islam.
Re: What Is The True Religion Of God ? by ifex370(m): 7:49am On Jan 16, 2018
Oricha62:

That is exactly what Islam teaches.
Prophet Muhammad(saw) said:
Anyone who believes in God and the Last Day should not harm his neighbour,
and anyone who believes in God and the Last Day should look after his guests generously
and anybody who believes in God and the Last Day should talk what is good or keep quiet.

(Bukhari)

So why are you guys anti love, always violent and always oppressive

1 Like

Re: What Is The True Religion Of God ? by Oricha62(m): 9:57am On Jan 16, 2018
ifex370:

So why are you guys anti love, always violent and always oppressive
Not all Muslims are violent which I believe you can affirm due to your contact with some Muslims.
Some violent ones among Muslim may be as a result of ignorant of the correct teaching of islam,and also some are influenced by their cultural practices and believes before islam.
Re: What Is The True Religion Of God ? by ifex370(m): 11:01am On Jan 16, 2018
Oricha62:

Not all Muslims are violent which I believe you can affirm due to your contact with some Muslims.
Some violent ones among Muslim may be as a result of ignorant of the correct teaching of islam,and also some are influenced by their cultural practices and believes before islam.

That's not what I believe, I believe the non violent ones are the one's that can't afford to be violent, or nvr too get enough liver to de violent..and as soon as that happens.. Combustion occurs..

In order words.. They're just a ticking time bomb

1 Like

Re: What Is The True Religion Of God ? by Oricha62(m): 11:16am On Jan 16, 2018
[quote author=ifex370 post=64244095]

That's not what I believe, I believe the non violent ones are the one's that can't afford to be violent, or nvr too get enough liver to de violent..and as soon as that happens.. Combustion occurs..

In order words.. They're just a ticking time bomb[/quote.
That is wrong believe about Islam my brother.
Re: What Is The True Religion Of God ? by Oricha62(m): 11:17am On Jan 16, 2018
ifex370:

In order words.. They're just a ticking time bomb
Re: What Is The True Religion Of God ? by enilove(m): 12:06pm On Jan 16, 2018
Op, you can't see the lies in Islam because of the veil covering your eyes and heart.
What I am about to write now is not for argument , it is for your recitation just like you Quran, but in your heart.

Islam means to "submit "to Allah . Have asked yourself if Allah is not a true God, where will your submition lead to? Allah has been used by the pagan worshipper b4 Muhammed and they were called idol worshippers, why? After all they submitted themselves to Allah and were not called Muslims but pagans. They submitted to the level of calling themselves "Abdullah" , which means SLAVE of Allah.

Why Allat , the moon goddess , bears the feminine name of Allah ? And why is her sign mounted on the top of every mosque?
I mean the crescent moon and star.

The Muslims always look for the appearance of the moon to indicate when to celebrate some of their festivals .

Bible warned the Istaelite about the worship of the moon and the stars :

Deuteronomy 17:2-3 KJV
If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the Lord thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the Lord thy God, in transgressing his covenant,
[3] And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded;

Deuteronomy 4:19 KJV
And lest thou lift up thine eyes unto heaven, and when thou seest the sun, and the moon, and the stars, even all the host of heaven, shouldest be driven to worship them, and serve them, which the Lord thy God hath divided unto all nations under the whole heaven.

Also, Adam was not a prophet. When God created him, the earth was not polluted, there was no sin , no body to warn. Everything was perfect. Adam brought death and suffering to this world , he was the first to be cursed by God. He may not make heaven.

Why is the Quran the final and not the first revelation. The God we serve is the first and the last. The original is always b4 the fake. The Quran is fake.Islam is false.Muhammad is a false prophet. He should be stoned to death by making people to worship idols Allah and Allat.
Re: What Is The True Religion Of God ? by Oricha62(m): 1:37pm On Jan 16, 2018
enilove:
Op, you can't see the lies in Islam because of the veil covering your eyes and heart.
What I am about to write now is not for argument , it is for your recitation just like you Quran, but in your heart.

Islam means to "submit "to Allah . Have asked yourself if Allah is not a true God, where will your submition lead to? Allah has been used by the pagan worshipper b4 Muhammed and they were called idol worshippers, why? After all they submitted themselves to Allah and were not called Muslims but pagans. They submitted to the level of calling themselves "Abdullah" , which means SLAVE of Allah.

Why Allat , the moon goddess , bears the feminine name of Allah ? And why is her sign mounted on the top of every mosque?

The Muslims always look for the appearance of the moon to indicate when to celebrate some of their festivals .

If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the Lord thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the Lord thy God, in transgressing his covenant,
[3] And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded;

And lest thou lift up thine eyes unto heaven, and when thou seest the sun, and the moon, and the stars, even all the host of heaven, shouldest be driven to worship them, and serve them, which the Lord thy God hath divided unto all nations under the whole heaven.

Also, Adam was not a prophet. When God created him, the earth was not polluted, there was no sin , no body to warn. Everything was perfect. Adam brought death and suffering to this world , he was the first to be cursed by God. He may not make heaven.

Why is the Quran the final and not the first revelation. The God we serve is the first and the last. The original is always b4 the fake. The Quran is fake.Islam is false.Muhammad is a false prophet. He should be stoned to death by making people to worship idols Allah and Allat.

My brother please,Since we have been discussing I have not used harsh words on anyone,becareful with chose of words.

Allah has commanded us to Invite to the way of your Lord with wisdom and goodly exhortation, and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious.” (16:125)
Re: What Is The True Religion Of God ? by ifex370(m): 1:41pm On Jan 16, 2018
Oricha62:

You can call it wrong believe, but I don't have much of a choice, after the things I see n hear everyday on the news from Muslims.. Its hard not to believe
Re: What Is The True Religion Of God ? by Oricha62(m): 1:41pm On Jan 16, 2018
enilove:

I am available if you want the discussion to continue but if you want to fight or insult please iam out.
Re: What Is The True Religion Of God ? by Oricha62(m): 1:51pm On Jan 16, 2018
ifex370:

You can call it wrong believe, but I don't have much of a choice, after the things I see n hear everyday on the news from Muslims.. Its hard not to believe
Things YOU hear and see everyday on the news ,those things you heard are from the media but iam telling the true teaching of islam.
It will be wrong of me to take the attitudes and behaviours of some Christians and pastors to judge Christianity and christians.
Re: What Is The True Religion Of God ? by tartar9(m): 2:28pm On Jan 16, 2018
enilove:

"the original is always before the fake"
Isn't that what the jews would be thinking as regards xtianity.

" And of His portents are the night and the day and the sun
and the moon. Do not prostrate to the sun or the moon; but
prostrate to Allah Who created them, if it is in truth Him Whom ye
worship." Quran(41:37)
Of course,Allah was known in pre-Islamic times as being the creator; and that included the Arab xtians.The name was also used in pre-Islam Arabic bibles
Re: What Is The True Religion Of God ? by enilove(m): 4:19pm On Jan 16, 2018
Oricha62:

I am available if you want the discussion to continue but if you want to fight or insult please iam out.

Have I abused you? In fact , I don't abuse people but I will tell you the truth.

Is it not funny to say Jesus was a Muslim? It makes one to know the depth of falsehood Islam is made off.

If God wanted people to worship like the Muslims , he would have revealed it earlier and no one would say they copied Islam since Islam came later. If there is need for ablution , why was it not revealed to the Israelites ?

There are so many idol worshippers who believed in one god and the last day. Even in Nigeria, all the idol worshippers believe in one God and bow their heads to the ground , does that make them Muslims?

Even the devil, Satan believes in one God, does that mean he is worshipping that God? No.

James 2:19 KJV
Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

Christians believed in One God when the Arabs were still worshipping 360 gods in mecca . And it is written in the Bible more than 50 times . It is not Muhammed or anyone that will tell us there is one God :

1 Corinthians 8:6 KJV
But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Based on the Bible ref you gave as evidence of submission.

Matthew 7:21-23 KJV
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
[22] Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
[23] And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

From this scripture above , you claimed Jesus will renounce them because they don't submit to God. That is an error.
Jesus will renounce anyone on the day of judgement based on iniquity , even though they worshipped God day and night.
Re: What Is The True Religion Of God ? by enilove(m): 4:39pm On Jan 16, 2018
tartar9:

"the original is always before the fake"
Isn't that what the jews would be thinking as regards xtianity.

" And of His portents are the night and the day and the sun
and the moon. Do not prostrate to the sun or the moon; but
prostrate to Allah Who created them, if it is in truth Him Whom ye
worship." Quran(41:37)
Of course,Allah was known in pre-Islamic times as being the creator; and that included the Arab xtians.The name was also used in pre-Islam Arabic bibles

What is the diff btw the Jews and christians? Is there a diff Bible for the Jews and the Christians?
Judaism is not a religion . That is why God did not command the Israelites to spread it for everyone to practice.

How does one bow to the sun, moon and stars in worship?
Is it possible to go up to the sky to worship them? No, but if you make an image of them, you are worshipping them.
Every mosque and country flags of the Muslims carry this image. Why? The crescent image is important to the belief in Islam.
Re: What Is The True Religion Of God ? by Oricha62(m): 4:49pm On Jan 16, 2018
enilove:

Have I abused you? In fact , I don't abuse people but I will tell you the truth.

Is it not funny to say Jesus was a Muslim? It makes one to know the depth of falsehood Islam is made off.

If God wanted people to worship like the Muslims , he would have revealed it earlier and no one would say they copied Islam since Islam came later. If there is need for ablution , why was it not revealed to the Israelites ?

There are so many idol worshippers who believed in one god and the last day. Even in Nigeria, all the idol worshippers believe in one God and bow their heads to the ground , does that make them Muslims?

Even the devil, Satan believes in one God, does that mean he is worshipping that God? No.

James 2:19 KJV
Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

Christians believed in One God when the Arabs were still worshipping 360 gods in mecca . And it is written in the Bible more than 50 times . It is not Muhammed or anyone that will tell us there is one God :

1 Corinthians 8:6 KJV
But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Based on the Bible ref you gave as evidence of submission.

Matthew 7:21-23 KJV
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
[22] Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
[23] And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

From this scripture above , you claimed Jesus will renounce them because they don't submit to God. That is an error.
Jesus will renounce anyone on the day of judgement based on iniquity , even though they worshipped God day and night.

How would you explain the verses below:
Exodus 19:14

So Moses went down from the mountain to the people and consecrated the people, and they washed their garments.

2 Samuel 12:20
Verse Concepts
So David arose from the ground, washed, anointed himself, and changed his clothes; and he came into the house of the LORD and worshiped. Then he came to his own house, and when he requested, they set food before him and he ate.

Mark 7:3
Verse Concepts
(For the Pharisees and all the Jews do not eat unless they carefully wash their hands, thus observing the traditions of the elders;
Re: What Is The True Religion Of God ? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jan 16, 2018
Oricha62:
Each person is born in a circumstance which is not of his own choosing. The religion of his family or the ideology of the state is thrust upon him from the very beginning of his existence in this world.

By the time he reaches his teens, he is usually fully brain-washed into believing that the beliefs of his particular society are the correct beliefs that everyone should have. However, when some people mature and are exposed to other belief-systems, they begin to question the validity of their own beliefs.........

You started off your post rather beautifully making valid points, you rightly stated that all religions claim that they are right and the others are wrong and that they cannot all be right- in fact the strong possibility exists that they are all wrong. You went on to state that you would offer evidence as to why a particular religion is the one true religion and there you seem to have derailed your own train.

You offer the self-same evidence as others, i.e a religion self-validated by its own teachings. All in all, vastly disappointing.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The True Religion Of God ? by enilove(m): 5:14pm On Jan 16, 2018
Oricha62:

How would you explain the verses below:
Exodus 19:14

So Moses went down from the mountain to the people and consecrated the people, and they washed their garments.

2 Samuel 12:20
Verse Concepts
So David arose from the ground, washed, anointed himself, and changed his clothes; and he came into the house of the LORD and worshiped. Then he came to his own house, and when he requested, they set food before him and he ate.

Mark 7:3
Verse Concepts
(For the Pharisees and all the Jews do not eat unless they carefully wash their hands, thus observing the traditions of the elders;

Exodus 19:14 is talking of sanctification of the Israel for the coming of the Lord on the Mount ,
It is not ablution. Read below for better understanding:

Exodus 19:9-16 KJV
And the Lord said unto Moses, Lo, I come unto thee in a thick cloud, that the people may hear when I speak with thee, and believe thee for ever. And Moses told the words of the people unto the Lord .
[10] And the Lord said unto Moses, Go unto the people, and sanctify them to day and to morrow, and let them wash their clothes,
[11] And be ready against the third day: for the third day the Lord will come down in the sight of all the people upon mount Sinai.
[12] And thou shalt set bounds unto the people round about, saying, Take heed to yourselves, that ye go not up into the mount, or touch the border of it: whosoever toucheth the mount shall be surely put to death:
[13] There shall not an hand touch it, but he shall surely be stoned, or shot through; whether it be beast or man, it shall not live: when the trumpet soundeth long, they shall come up to the mount. [14] And Moses went down from the mount unto the people, and sanctified the people; and they washed their clothes. [15] And he said unto the people, Be ready against the third day: come not at your wives. [16] And it came to pass on the third day in the morning, that there were thunders and lightnings, and a thick cloud upon the mount, and the voice of the trumpet exceeding loud; so that all the people that was in the camp trembled.

2Sam 12:20 is not ablution. David had not washed himself for days, he was fasting and praying to God to spear the life of his son:
2 Samuel 12:15-20 KJV
And Nathan departed unto his house. And the Lord struck the child that Uriah's wife bare unto David, and it was very sick. [16] David therefore besought God for the child; and David fasted, and went in, and lay all night upon the earth.
[17] And the elders of his house arose, and went to him, to raise him up from the earth: but he would not, neither did he eat bread with them.
[18] And it came to pass on the seventh day, that the child died. And the servants of David feared to tell him that the child was dead: for they said, Behold, while the child was yet alive, we spake unto him, and he would not hearken unto our voice: how will he then vex himself, if we tell him that the child is dead?
[19] But when David saw that his servants whispered, David perceived that the child was dead: therefore David said unto his servants, Is the child dead? And they said, He is dead.
[20] Then David arose from the earth, and washed, and anointed himself , and changed his apparel, and came into the house of the Lord , and worshipped: then he came to his own house; and when he required, they set bread before him, and he did eat.

Mark 7:3 . Jesus made us to under from the context that washing if hands, cup etc are not as important as internal holiness.

Mark 7:15 KJV
There is nothing from without a man, that entering into him can defile him: but the things which come out of him, those are they that defile the man.
Re: What Is The True Religion Of God ? by Oricha62(m): 7:56pm On Jan 16, 2018
Sarassin:

You started off your post rather beautifully making valid points, you rightly stated that all religions claim that they are right and the others are wrong and that they cannot all be right- in fact the strong possibility exists that they are all wrong. You went on to state that you would offer evidence as to why a particular religion is the one true religion and there you seem to have derailed your own train.

You offer the self-same evidence as others, i.e a religion self-validated by its own teachings. All in all, vastly disappointing.
That is your level of understanding, it was a clear presentation for anyone who want to choose the true .
The points mentioned in my post were all base on religious names.
Prove to me that your religion is the true religion of God. Iam waiting for your relpy .
Re: What Is The True Religion Of God ? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jan 16, 2018
Oricha62:

That is your level of understanding, it was a clear presentation for anyone who want to choose the true .
The points mentioned in my post were all base on religious names.
Prove to me that your religion is the true religion of God. Iam waiting for your relpy .

Your presentation may be clear to anyone with a predisposition to the religion you profess but not to others. Personally, I practice no religion therefore I have nothing to prove to you. Besides “he who asserts must prove” Therefore the onus is on you to give meaning to your ambitious statement, in that regards you failed, in my understanding of course.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Check Out 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting And Praying / Rccg Sunday, 28 January 2018 / One Powerful Secret To Get What You Want

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.