Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,151 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:31 AM

Heaps Of Refuse On The Streets Of Lagos!!! (pics) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Heaps Of Refuse On The Streets Of Lagos!!! (pics) (709 Views)

Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) / COVID-19 In Ecuador: Cardboard Coffins, Over 100 Bodies Litter The Streets / Man Who Returned From London For Christmas Roaming The Streets Of Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Heaps Of Refuse On The Streets Of Lagos!!! (pics) by Eben2: 8:39am On Jan 16, 2018
I am really worried at the rate at which streets in Lagos are fast becoming refuse dumps. The health hazards this post to the people is enormous and I think Lagos state government should do something about it quickly.

The pictures below was taken from Kajola Road, Jojo bus stop in Obawole, Iju-Ishaga LGA, Lagos. Some people came and dropped a dustbin (the one at the middle) on the street, left and never came back for it. Within 3 days, the whole place was littered with junks generating terrible odour. For over a week now, it's been there unattended to. More annoying is the fact that the refuse were dumped at the entrance of a building.

This is not the only spot on Kajola Road, there are about 4 other spots on the same road. Someone should please come to our aid.

Re: Heaps Of Refuse On The Streets Of Lagos!!! (pics) by emilfischer(m): 8:47am On Jan 16, 2018
I thought I was the only one. Even here in marine beach there are dirts littering the road.
Re: Heaps Of Refuse On The Streets Of Lagos!!! (pics) by Eben2: 8:49am On Jan 16, 2018
emilfischer:
I thought I was the only one. Even here in marine beach there are dirts littering the road.

But why? I thought Lagos has gone pass thisthis undecided
Re: Heaps Of Refuse On The Streets Of Lagos!!! (pics) by duduwest(m): 8:56am On Jan 16, 2018
What do you expect when the so called psp operators are not functioning well then the only alternative which is cart pusher were still hunted on the streets. I don't know what next we should be expecting than littering all the road with dirt
Re: Heaps Of Refuse On The Streets Of Lagos!!! (pics) by emilfischer(m): 9:01am On Jan 16, 2018
Eben2:

But why? I thought Lagos has gone pass thisthis undecided
Me too but this government does not care much about environmental sanitation.
Re: Heaps Of Refuse On The Streets Of Lagos!!! (pics) by IdeyFindWife: 9:01am On Jan 16, 2018
Dis is not new na?

Who predicted it sef that by "2100, (Nigeria still remain o), occupants of Lagos would have been edged out, by the very refuse they generated"! cheesy wink

If you could believe that you can believe anything!

Although, Lagos people sabi generate poo sha!
Re: Heaps Of Refuse On The Streets Of Lagos!!! (pics) by Eben2: 9:04am On Jan 16, 2018
IdeyFindWife:
Dis is not new na?

Who predicted it sef that by "2100, (Nigeria still remain o), occupants of Lagos would have been edged out, by the very refuse they generated"! cheesy wink

If you could believe that you can believe anything!

Although, Lagos people sabi generate poo sha!

Even if you generate your poo, should you use it to block other people's entrance?
Re: Heaps Of Refuse On The Streets Of Lagos!!! (pics) by blazer2018: 9:14am On Jan 16, 2018
Our people just needs orientation...Pay for refuse trucks to come pick up your refuse, they won't....The way people litter d streets and drainage without blinking an eye baffles me.

Just like we have it now in Abeokuta, the newly constructed drainages are now bn turned into refuse sites...later they will be telling the govt to come to their aides after erosion carries their properties away.
Re: Heaps Of Refuse On The Streets Of Lagos!!! (pics) by Eben2: 9:41am On Jan 16, 2018
blazer2018:
Our people just needs orientation...Pay for refuse trucks to come pick up your refuse, they won't....The way people litter d streets and drainage without blinking an eye baffles me.

Just like we have it now in Abeokuta, the newly constructed drainages are now bn turned into refuse sites...later they will be telling the govt to come to their aides after erosion carries their properties away.

I am not sure LAWMA is still functioning in Lagos.
Re: Heaps Of Refuse On The Streets Of Lagos!!! (pics) by blazer2018: 10:00am On Jan 16, 2018
Eben2:

I am not sure LAWMA is still functioning in Lagos.

Oh, i see...then d govt shld be blamed for this

(1) (Reply)

Knee Replacement Surgery Cost In India / PHOTOS: Nigerian Man Explores The Many Uses Of Banana Stem / Have You Imagine You Lasting 30mins Longer With Stronger Erection During Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.