Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

Help Me Identify This Car Part Pls - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help Me Identify This Car Part Pls (1759 Views)

5 Ways To Identify Bullet Proof Cars On Nigerian Roads. / After A Ghastly Accident, How Can I Fix Or Repair This Car(pictures) / Help!! This Car Was Stolen In Onitsha This Morning (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me Identify This Car Part Pls by jaychubi: 8:59am On Jan 16, 2018
Car gurus in the house, what do you call dt part on top of the car boot, I want to put it on my car it gives a sporty look lol

How much is the part

Gazzuzz

Re: Help Me Identify This Car Part Pls by HUSTLEOFMAN: 9:29am On Jan 16, 2018
It's called spoiler.

1 Like

Re: Help Me Identify This Car Part Pls by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:10am On Jan 16, 2018
jaychubi:
Car gurus in the house, what do you call dt part on top of the car boot, I want to put it on my car it gives a sporty look lol

How much is the part

Gazzuzz

word of advice, buy a complete boot with spoiler
Re: Help Me Identify This Car Part Pls by CHISPAREPARTS(m): 11:13am On Jan 16, 2018
It's called a spoiler. It's used to improve aerodynamics.
Re: Help Me Identify This Car Part Pls by jaychubi: 12:20pm On Jan 16, 2018
Thanks guys

@ gazzuzz so i must buy a complete boot to get a spoiler, cant i buy only spoiler and put on my boot
Re: Help Me Identify This Car Part Pls by demoBaba: 2:40pm On Jan 16, 2018
jaychubi:
Thanks guys

@ gazzuzz so i must buy a complete boot to get a spoiler, cant i buy only spoiler and put on my boot

He just advised you.

Take or leave it

Your choice.

6 Likes

Re: Help Me Identify This Car Part Pls by maxxx(m): 10:39pm On Jan 16, 2018
Bros listen oh!!!.they will do a poor job of attaching it to your booth.

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Identify This Car Part Pls by timifakay(m): 7:30am On Jan 17, 2018
jaychubi:
Thanks guys

@ Gazz.uzz so i must buy a complete boot to get a spoiler, cant i buy only spoiler and put on my boot

You risk having leakage points if booth is drilled for spoiler to be installed.
Re: Help Me Identify This Car Part Pls by Nobody: 7:40am On Jan 17, 2018
jaychubi:
Thanks guys

@ gazzuzzz so i must buy a complete boot to get a spoiler, cant i buy only spoiler and put on my boot

Don't mind the killjoys.... Is it their booth even if you decide to make your booth a shower space during car wash, and rains.... Is it their booth that would form a puddle?
Advice: follow your heart not your head! Install it!

NB
I AM NOT LIABLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS TO YOUR CAR AS A RESULT OF FOLLOWING THIS ADVICE!
Re: Help Me Identify This Car Part Pls by nakoks(m): 7:54am On Jan 17, 2018
angels09:

Don't mind the killjoys.... Is it their booth even if you decide to make your booth a shower space during car wash, and rains.... Is it their booth that would form a puddle?
Advice: follow your heart not your head! Install it!

NB
I AM NOT LIABLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS TO YOUR CAR AS A RESULT OF FOLLOWING THIS ADVICE!

kai this man eh. grin
Re: Help Me Identify This Car Part Pls by jaychubi: 11:41am On Jan 17, 2018
Thanks everyone

complete boot skeleton it is then
Re: Help Me Identify This Car Part Pls by cyborg123(m): 2:10pm On Jan 17, 2018
There is a way to install the spoiler without leaks.

Drilling of holes must be done with a drilling machine not nails and hammer angry and also some gasket maker may be applied around the edges where the spoiler seals with the boot before tightening the holding bolts firmly. No leaks will occur this way.

1 Like

Re: Help Me Identify This Car Part Pls by jaychubi: 3:55pm On Jan 17, 2018
cyborg123:

Drilling of holes must be done with a drilling machine not nails and hammer angry and also some gasket maker may be applied around the edges where the spoiler seals with the boot before tightening the holding bolts firmly. No leaks will occur this way.

spot on grin grin grin grin dnt mind those looking down on our panel beaters

1 Like

Re: Help Me Identify This Car Part Pls by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:28pm On Jan 17, 2018
jaychubi:

spot on grin grin grin grin dnt mind those looking down on our panel beaters

have you heared of dancok?

grin
Re: Help Me Identify This Car Part Pls by Inception(m): 5:15pm On Jan 17, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

grin

DEMEANOR! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Help Me Identify This Car Part Pls by kingreign(m): 5:32pm On Jan 17, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

grin

angry

Leave our conversion professional alone o. His car is now going heading towards Ogbomosho grin cheesy
Re: Help Me Identify This Car Part Pls by obekediamondfuto(m): 10:35pm On Jan 17, 2018
kingreign:

angry

Leave our conversion professional alone o. His car is now going heading towards Ogbomosho grin cheesy

with or without gearbox? last I heard, no wire harness inside engine compartment. anyways car travelled to Ibadan that way so ogbomosho is child's play!
Re: Help Me Identify This Car Part Pls by obekediamondfuto(m): 10:42pm On Jan 17, 2018
cyborg123:

yes it can be done, but the original kit required to perform this might be very difficult to procure here. gasket will even wash with water pressure talkless of time. to perform this u need the exact drill bit, drill and install with the OEM kit which will include rubber clips and seals. tolerance for even the slightest mistake is zero !!! one lil mistake will lead to serious leaks and a flabby spoiler which will defeat the entire purpose of looking sportier and being aerodynamic
Re: Help Me Identify This Car Part Pls by cyborg123(m): 11:24pm On Jan 17, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

yes it can be done, but the original kit required to perform this might be very difficult to procure here. gasket will even wash with water pressure talkless of time. to perform this u need the exact drill bit, drill and install with the OEM kit which will include rubber clips and seals. tolerance for even the slightest mistake is zero !!! one lil mistake will lead to serious leaks and a flabby spoiler which will defeat the entire purpose of looking sportier and being aerodynamic
On point.
Re: Help Me Identify This Car Part Pls by respected017: 1:28pm On Jan 19, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

with or without gearbox? last I heard, no wire harness inside engine compartment. anyways car travelled to Ibadan that way so ogbomosho is child's play!

Bros you sha no wan free dis guy
I don lmao for here o

(1) (Reply)

Opay Set To Lead Uber, Bolt In Nigeria With Ocar / Kia Carens Problem / Very Clean 6 Months Used Toyota Corrola: Sold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.