Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,007 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

In The Beginning God Created The Heaven And The Earth. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In The Beginning God Created The Heaven And The Earth. (2255 Views)

Where Does God Lives Before The Creation Of The Heaven And The Earth? / If God Created Everything, Who Created God? / Days Of Praise (3) — The Doctrine of Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

In The Beginning God Created The Heaven And The Earth. by mazaje(m): 6:38pm On Apr 12, 2010
Genesis 1:1[b] In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth[/b].

Where did God live before he created heaven? Since it is always said that heaven is where the bible God resides.
Re: In The Beginning God Created The Heaven And The Earth. by DeepSight(m): 6:46pm On Apr 12, 2010
^^^ God is an intangible being who is the compound of a transcendental reality and as such it makes no sense to ask after his address as though he is the boy next door.

Mazaje get serious.
Re: In The Beginning God Created The Heaven And The Earth. by mazaje(m): 6:50pm On Apr 12, 2010
^^

Are you talking about the OFI?
Re: In The Beginning God Created The Heaven And The Earth. by jagunlabi(m): 6:51pm On Apr 12, 2010
Deep Sight:

^^^ God is an intangible being who is the compound of a transcendental reality and as such it makes no sense to ask after his address as though he is the boy next door.

Mazaje get serious.
I think mazaje is referring to the bible god who is not anything you described. The bible god is the kind of boy you don't want to have living next door. Lol! grin
Re: In The Beginning God Created The Heaven And The Earth. by jagunlabi(m): 6:53pm On Apr 12, 2010
And, by the way, who was doing the recording of the creation tory? How i wish that that person filmed the whole creation instead of writing it down. wink
Re: In The Beginning God Created The Heaven And The Earth. by noetic16(m): 7:20pm On Apr 12, 2010
jagunlabi:

And, by the way, who was doing the recording of the creation tory? How i wish that that person filmed the whole creation instead of writing it down. wink

there was no video camera then grin

mazaje:

Where did God live before he created heaven? Since it is always said that heaven is where the bible God resides.

and why is faith not an evidence?
Re: In The Beginning God Created The Heaven And The Earth. by streetwize(m): 7:32pm On Apr 12, 2010
mazaje:

ooh ooh me me . . . . I know what sounds more logical. .

In the beginning nothing created everything. . . cheesy cheesy. . . yeye. . .

Anyone should be able to deduce what HEAVENS means here. . . anybody??. .
Re: In The Beginning God Created The Heaven And The Earth. by noetic16(m): 7:34pm On Apr 12, 2010
streetwize:

ooh ooh me me . . . . I know what sounds more logical. .

In the beginning nothing created everything. . . cheesy cheesy. . . yeye. . .

grin or better still . . . . ,
In the beginning everything sprang out of nowhere grin
Re: In The Beginning God Created The Heaven And The Earth. by Mudley313: 7:34pm On Apr 12, 2010

becos faith is contradictory. same way u have faith in ur biblical creationist story, so does people of over 5,000 religious beliefs world wide have faith in their own creation story. so, if faith is strong enough evidence, was the world created hundreds of different times by hudreds of diferent gods based on the faith of their believers?
Re: In The Beginning God Created The Heaven And The Earth. by noetic16(m): 7:37pm On Apr 12, 2010
Mudley313:

becos faith is contradictory. same way u have faith in your biblical creationist story, so does people of over 5,000 religious beliefs world wide have faith in their own creation story. so, if faith is strong enough evidence, was the world created hundreds of different times by hudreds of diferent gods based on the faith of their believers?

What do u understand by faith? what other belief system uses the concept of faith?. . . .is their faith doctrine the same as xtianity?
Re: In The Beginning God Created The Heaven And The Earth. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:39pm On Apr 12, 2010
I too had similar thoughts,, but gave up on them when i realised that the very fabric of heaven and hell is based on the reality and reasoning of man on earth.

I mean, Fire, Lava, Sulphur, Pearly gates, Gold, Houses, Trumpets, Chairs, Stools, Thrones, All these are man-made items and concepts that we founded in this "imperfect world" yet we have formed Heaven and Hell to contain these imperfect earthly characteristics.

On a funny note, I was wondering as St. Peters stands at the Gates of Heaven, reading out the names of those to enter and those to go to hell, who will oil the hinges of the gates because there is going to be a lot of annoying squeaking closing and opening every 15 minutes.  grin
Re: In The Beginning God Created The Heaven And The Earth. by streetwize(m): 7:42pm On Apr 12, 2010
noetic16:

What do u understand by faith? what other belief system uses the concept of faith?. .  . .is their faith doctrine the same as xtianity?

dont mind him, Mudley, maybe you should also say that your faith in no God is also contradictory and thus nobody should have a mind of any sort bcuz beliefs clash. Since that means that belief contradicts itself and thus no one must believe anything. .

How do these people think?? 
Re: In The Beginning God Created The Heaven And The Earth. by e36991: 7:59pm On Apr 12, 2010
mazaje:

Where did God live before he created heaven?

Since it is always said that heaven is where the bible God resides.

@Mazaje

I doubt this is sheer ignorance but likely an itch for an argument

For starters I trust you know that the heaven in that text is actually heavens

Now you need to be explicit and unambiguous about the heaven you are referring to

Is it the 1st, 2nd or 3rd heaven?

Mind you God's throne is in the Heaven of heavens (i.e. the 3rd heaven)

but we know Kings dont live on thrones or do they?

1 Kings 8:27 below says

"But will God really dwell on earth? The heavens, even the highest heaven, cannot contain you. How much less this temple I have built!"

God lived and/or lives anywhere He fancies . . . God is Omnipresent

I once read heaven will pass away and a new heaven will be created
Re: In The Beginning God Created The Heaven And The Earth. by aletheia(m): 8:23pm On Apr 12, 2010
lagerwhenindoubt:

I too had similar thoughts,, but gave up on them when i realised that the very fabric of heaven and hell is based on the reality and reasoning of man on earth.

I mean, Fire, Lava, Sulphur, Pearly gates, Gold, Houses, Trumpets, Chairs, Stools, Thrones,  All these are man-made items and concepts that we founded in this "imperfect world" yet we have formed Heaven and Hell to contain these imperfect earthly characteristics.

Or perhaps, since human language is limited and cannot fully describe or capture the grandeur of God's presence. It is described after the manner of similitude. How would you describe a space shuttle to people living in the bronze age? Have you considered that?
Hosea 12:10  I have also spoken by the prophets, and I have multiplied visions, and used similitudes, by the ministry of the prophets.

lagerwhenindoubt:

On a funny note, I was wondering as St. Peters stands at the Gates of Heaven, reading out the names of those to enter and those to go to hell, who will oil the hinges of the gates because there is going to be a lot of annoying squeaking closing and opening every 15 minutes.  grin
Where did you get this fairy tale from?
Re: In The Beginning God Created The Heaven And The Earth. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:37pm On Apr 12, 2010
aletheia:

Or perhaps, since human language is limited and cannot fully describe or capture the grandeur of God's presence. It is described after the manner of similitude. How would you describe a space shuttle to people living in the bronze age? Have you considered that?Where did you get this fairy tale from?

Where did you get this fairy tale from?

My Grandma (RIP) was catholic, you should have heard my Grandpa's version.

For those whose names were not written on the book of Life, they passed on to the side-walls surrounding heaven underneath a window where Mother mary helped them in. grin The stuff you learn as a kid is just far-out
Re: In The Beginning God Created The Heaven And The Earth. by aletheia(m): 8:48pm On Apr 12, 2010
^^^
O, I see, you got it from the Roman Catholic Church. No such thing in the bible.
Re: In The Beginning God Created The Heaven And The Earth. by e36991: 9:02pm On Apr 12, 2010
aletheia:

^^^
O, I see, you got it from the Roman Catholic Church. No such thing in the bible.

@^^^

Or dare I say from a "lager bottle" - "Lager-when-in-doubt"
Re: In The Beginning God Created The Heaven And The Earth. by karo93: 9:02pm On Apr 12, 2010
i believe heaven refers to the space outside the earth which is why the stars et al are called HEAVENly bodies.
Re: In The Beginning God Created The Heaven And The Earth. by DAVE5(m): 9:03pm On Apr 12, 2010
@poster I dont know
Re: In The Beginning God Created The Heaven And The Earth. by e36991: 9:13pm On Apr 12, 2010
Karo93:

I believe heaven refers to the space outside the earth which is why the stars et al are called HEAVENly bodies.

@Karo93

Somewhat that is correct

Heaven literaly means elevation | same vein heavens is elevations

So the text "In the beginning God made the heavens and earth . . ." translates God made the elevations . . .

Note there are 3 heavens

- the atmospheric (i.e. the sky or clouds)
- the universe (i.e. the intergalactic space etc)
- and the heaven of heavens (i.e. the throne of God - Heaven is my throne and the earth is my footstool)

Paul mentioned a visitation to the 3rd heaven
Re: In The Beginning God Created The Heaven And The Earth. by Mudley313: 12:36am On Apr 13, 2010
streetwize:

dont mind him, Mudley, maybe you should also say that your faith in no God is also contradictory and thus nobody should have a mind of any sort bcuz beliefs clash. Since that means that belief contradicts itself and thus no one must believe anything. .

How do these people think??

your faith in no santa-clause nko?
Re: In The Beginning God Created The Heaven And The Earth. by streetwize(m): 2:35am On Apr 13, 2010
??
U have said nothing
please re-read

let me not have to explain to you again. . I hate spoon-feedin old men
Re: In The Beginning God Created The Heaven And The Earth. by Mudley313: 4:04am On Apr 13, 2010
??
U have said nothing
please re-read

let me not have to explain to you again. . I hate spoon-feedin old men

dude, why're u e-stalking me, u gay or sumthin?
Re: In The Beginning God Created The Heaven And The Earth. by streetwize(m): 4:15am On Apr 13, 2010
huh
Re: In The Beginning God Created The Heaven And The Earth. by mazaje(m): 2:19pm On Apr 14, 2010
noetic16:

What is this . . . .What faith?. . . Its like you always have absurd answers up your sleeve for absurd biblical postulations. . . .
Re: In The Beginning God Created The Heaven And The Earth. by noetic16(m): 2:39pm On Apr 14, 2010
mazaje:

What is this . . . .What faith?. . . Its like you always have absurd answers up your sleeve for absurd biblical postulations. . . .

grin grin just like u have absurd innuendos up ur sleeve.
. . , , where is your evidence that in the beginning everything sprung out of nothing grin
Re: In The Beginning God Created The Heaven And The Earth. by mazaje(m): 3:10pm On Apr 14, 2010
noetic16:

grin  grin just like u have absurd innuendos up your sleeve.
. . ,  , where is your evidence that in the beginning everything sprung out of nothing  grin

Where did I say that everything sprang out of nothing? I believe that the universe (matter, space and time) is eternal. . . . . . But that is not the point. . .What has this your absurd faith explanation got to do with anything? grin grin
Re: In The Beginning God Created The Heaven And The Earth. by jagunlabi(m): 4:16pm On Apr 14, 2010
Lol!And where did the bible god spring from? What is the genesis of the bible god?
In the beginning, the bible god sprang from nowhere . . .
Re: In The Beginning God Created The Heaven And The Earth. by Zodiac61(m): 4:43pm On Apr 14, 2010
noetic16:

there was no video camera then  grin

1) Seeing that that god is omni potent and omni-every thing, he could have recorded creation somehow.
2) Faith cannot be evidence because faith is a belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence.
Re: In The Beginning God Created The Heaven And The Earth. by mantraa: 5:00pm On Apr 14, 2010
Lol!And where did the bible god spring from? What is the genesis of the bible god?
In the beginning, the bible god sprang from nowhere . . .

The bible god (Yahweh) sprang from the minds of a barbaric tribe of bronze age desert people just a few thousand years years ago. They imposed their beliefs on the surrounding tribes by a process of ruthless mass genocide. Due to their lack of knowledge and understanding of this planet, the universe and the forces of nature, they invented this all powerful 'god' to explain everything they could not understand. The story of genisis makes no logical sense at all. Do you really believe that a snake talked to a woman? Snakes cannot talk! Why do people still believe in and worship this mass murdering, merciless monstrosity of a fictional deity.
Re: In The Beginning God Created The Heaven And The Earth. by aletheia(m): 5:37pm On Apr 14, 2010
Zodiac61:

1) Seeing that that god is omni potent and omni-every thing, he could have recorded creation somehow.

He recorded it here
Re: In The Beginning God Created The Heaven And The Earth. by mantraa: 5:51pm On Apr 14, 2010
He recorded it here

And here: http://www.thebricktestament.com/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should We Pray For The Death Of Our ‘enemies’? / Wake Up!before It’s Too Late! – A Letter To Unbelievers / The Myth About Satguru Maharaj Ji

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.