Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,884 members, 7,813,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:56 PM

Emmanuel Adebayor Retires From Togo International Duty - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Emmanuel Adebayor Retires From Togo International Duty (5528 Views)

Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team / Emmanuel Adebayor Converts To Islam (video) / Emmanuel Adebayor Share His Pain, Ordeals And Family On Facebook(kindly advice) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Retires From Togo International Duty by splashbaby(m): 6:04pm On Apr 13, 2010
Wetin he don do before, yeye player
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Retires From Togo International Duty by princekevo(m): 6:15pm On Apr 13, 2010
chidichris:

if togo govt can do it, it will be in the interest of football if the country as a whole will boycot all caf organised matches until propare attention is paid to the attack on the country's reps in angola that killed 3 of their reps.
where else in the world can this kind of poo happen?
that along is raisning issues in the sa 2010 as many who intended coming are reconsidering their decissions.
england was quick to suggest a possible pull out if the security of their reps is not assured.
what if adebayor died? will those of us here saying craps be acting in the same manner?
caf shld have been reasonable enough to consider what it means loosing two people in the same bus and entering the picth to play.
africans behave like goats and that is how they are treated outside africa.

We can see the effect reflecting even in the sales of ticket for SA 2010. Insecurity in Africa and our reluctant reactions towards it has been exposed to the world. Two foreigners were kill in a competition organised by CAF, no investigation conducted, no solid arrest has been made till today, no action taking against the host for the breach in security. Yet CAF kept quite till today, but instead silenced the bereaved with bans and fine. How many people wanna take the risk of flying to Africa only to get killed by some unknown Rebels. Am surprised that even the FIFA never pointed this as a factor contributing to the low sale of SA 2010 ticket.
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Retires From Togo International Duty by zoraro(m): 9:12pm On Apr 13, 2010
princekevo:

We can see the effect reflecting even in the sales of ticket for SA 2010. Insecurity in Africa and our reluctant reactions towards it has been exposed to the world. Two foreigners were kill in a competition organised by CAF, no investigation conducted, no solid arrest has been made till today, no action taking against the host for the breach in security. Yet CAF kept quite till today, but instead silenced the bereaved with bans and fine. How many people wanna take the risk of flying to Africa only to get killed by some unknown Rebels. Am surprised that even the FIFA never pointed this as a factor contributing to the low sale of SA 2010 ticket.

Although I do not support CAF's ban, I understand why they did it. Togo broke rules and were given the stipulated punishment. All countries where told to fly into Angola but Togo decided to go by road (maybe to save cost) although they knew that part of Angola was not safe. Then decided to pull out of the tournament (understandable  though), this could have  coursed the cancellation of the entire tournament. They pulled out and were given the stipulated punishment as I said.
  As for arresting the culprits, I hope you are not suggesting the resumption of the just ended civil war in that country. Even before this unfortunate incident many people (especially Europeans) were already making noise about the high level of crime in SA. They will always make such noise when the WC is not staged in Europe (crime rate too high, temperatures too high, cost of living too high etc.) left to them the WC will only be hosted in Europe.
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Retires From Togo International Duty by rasputinn(m): 10:09pm On Apr 13, 2010
Another stupid decision from a rather stupid man
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Retires From Togo International Duty by dinggle: 10:58pm On Apr 13, 2010
Ope ooooooooooooh, now Nigeria can shine, I be dey fear say if Adebayor dey Togo team and Togo meet Nigeria dem go beat us because even small Benin Rep take our eye see hellele for nations cup, as it is now, no fear again.

Drogba wetin u dey wait?, U never retire? abi u dey wait for ambush?, all these small small country wen if dem meet Naija na that time dem dey wan die put for match.
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Retires From Togo International Duty by aieromon(m): 11:25pm On Apr 13, 2010
I was waitin' for this thread to hit the frontpage before i made any comment.

Now that it has,i got just two words - SORRY LOSER!
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Retires From Togo International Duty by chidichris(m): 7:06am On Apr 14, 2010
Although I do not support CAF's ban, I understand why they did it. Togo broke rules and were given the stipulated punishment. All countries where told to fly into Angola but Togo decided to go by road (maybe to save cost) although they knew that part of Angola was not safe. Then decided to pull out of the tournament (understandable though), this could have coursed the cancellation of the entire tournament. They pulled out and were given the stipulated punishment as I said.
As for arresting the culprits, I hope you are not suggesting the resumption of the just ended civil war in that country. Even before this unfortunate incident many people (especially Europeans) were already making noise about the high level of crime in SA. They will always make such noise when the WC is not staged in Europe (crime rate too high, temperatures too high, cost of living too high etc.) left to them the WC will only be hosted in Europe.

@zoraro,
who is feeding u with all these craps? when once u decide to host a tournament, u must be ready to provide security to each and every visitor of urs within the boarders of ur country.
if they were warned not to take the roads, why did angola security accompany them? if angola knew it has security problem, why did they opt to host the tournament? why is everything turned upside down here in africa?
if anyone is hurt in any part of angola while the tournament was on, caf and the angola local organising committee must explain that to the whole world.
what is the essence of host an international event of sports if not to bring the whole country to the knowledge of the world? such events showcase the country's industries and investments opportunities as well as other potentials of the hosting nation. if this is true, how can u do this while ppl hide in restricted places?
the angola experience was not a good one to fans and players as well as the whole sporting world.
caf's decission was this terrible that abedi pele who was a member of caf rfejected it openly on tv.
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Retires From Togo International Duty by becomricha: 7:45am On Apr 14, 2010
zoraro , who told you Emmanuel Adebayor parent are nigerian?  You are wrong.    Do you know where they call atakpame

So do you think the Yorubas in Benin republic are nigerian too. you people are funny.

Have you heard of the actor Djimo  Hounsou an Academy Award actor nominated from benin republic

Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Retires From Togo International Duty by becomricha: 8:08am On Apr 14, 2010
Have you heard of Moussa Latoundji (, we would spell Latunji) . He plays in germany soccer league. He is from Benin republic too.

He is also a yoruba from Benin republic

[img]http://mediadb.kicker.de/2004/fussball/spieler/xl/21926.jpg[/img]
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Retires From Togo International Duty by becomricha: 8:15am On Apr 14, 2010
Wassiou Oladipupo
, he plays for benin republic. He too , does not have a nigeria parent. He is from Benin republic. Not nigeria.
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Retires From Togo International Duty by chidichris(m): 10:23am On Apr 14, 2010
@zoraro,
as uninformed and ignorant as you are, u still assume the position of a teacher here. this is the case with nigeria and nigerians and we all are heading to a crash because those who are in charge of us are far from the realities of life.
with ppl like zoraro at the head, what do u expect rather than what we have in nigeria-backwardness instead of forwardness.
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Retires From Togo International Duty by ochukoccna: 10:56am On Apr 14, 2010
becomricha:

zoraro , who told you Emmanuel Adebayor parent are nigerian?  You are wrong.    Do you know where they call atakpame.

Becomrich or becomricha:Beninese man them don ban you again? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
How can you say Adebayor is from Togo?
How come he wanted to play for 9ja @ youth level?
So Razak Omotoyosi and Muri the leftback who played for Enyimba are Togolese?
Mumu grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Emmanuel Adebayor (born February 26, 1984 in Lomé, Togo) is a Togolese football player nicknamed "Sheyi", he is of Nigerian descent via his parents who were born in the Osun State in south-west Nigeria.
http://www.emmanueladebayor.azplayers.com/biography.html

Sheyi Emmanuel Adebayor (born 26 February 1984) is professional footballer born in Togo to Nigerian parents of the Yoruba ethnic group. He plays as a striker for English Premier League team Manchester City and played in the same position for the Togo national team before he announced his retirement from international football on 12 April 2010. Adebayor previously played for FC Metz, AS Monaco and Arsenal, and was voted African Footballer of the Year for 2008.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emmanuel_Adebayor

Emmanuel Sheyi Adebayor better known as Emmanuel Adebayor, Togolese striker, was born on February 26, 1984 in Lome, Togo. His parents are Nigerians as they were born in the Osun State in south-west Nigeria.
http://www.emmanueladebayor.net/

So who's wrong now? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Retires From Togo International Duty by Nobody: 12:35pm On Apr 14, 2010
chidichris:

@Ranks007,
be frank, what will u do in the event of being attacked by gunmen, held hostage for like 3 hrs and loose three team mates or staffs in the inccident and to crown it all, the organizers cover the secuirty lapses with a ban on the team for dying.
let us be reasonable and humane here.his accounts for why africa keeps on going backward on daily bases.

I guess these should answer you; below

zoraro:

Although I do not support CAF's ban, I understand why they did it. Togo broke rules and were given the stipulated punishment. All countries where told to fly into Angola but Togo decided to go by road (maybe to save cost) although they knew that part of Angola was not safe. Then decided to pull out of the tournament (understandable  though), this could have  coursed the cancellation of the entire tournament. They pulled out and were given the stipulated punishment as I said.
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Retires From Togo International Duty by chidichris(m): 1:33pm On Apr 14, 2010
Becomrich or becomricha:Beninese man them don ban you again? Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
How can you say Adebayor is from Togo?
How come he wanted to play for 9ja @ youth level?
So Razak Omotoyosi and Muri the leftback who played for Enyimba are Togolese?
Mumu Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Emmanuel Adebayor (born February 26, 1984 in Lomé, Togo) is a Togolese football player nicknamed "Sheyi", he is of Nigerian descent via his parents who were born in the Osun State in south-west Nigeria.
http://www.emmanueladebayor.azplayers.com/biography.html

Sheyi Emmanuel Adebayor (born 26 February 1984) is professional footballer born in Togo to Nigerian parents of the Yoruba ethnic group. He plays as a striker for English Premier League team Manchester City and played in the same position for the Togo national team before he announced his retirement from international football on 12 April 2010. Adebayor previously played for FC Metz, AS Monaco and Arsenal, and was voted African Footballer of the Year for 2008.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emmanuel_Adebayor

Emmanuel Sheyi Adebayor better known as Emmanuel Adebayor, Togolese striker, was born on February 26, 1984 in Lome, Togo. His parents are Nigerians as they were born in the Osun State in south-west Nigeria.
http://www.emmanueladebayor.net/
@ochukoccna,
i also learnt that oprah winfred, serena williams, michela jackson, eddie murphy, samuel etoo, tupac etc are all nigerians. pls help me with the links at the same time so that i will show my friends too.

@rank007,
atleast i can grade u now.
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Retires From Togo International Duty by zoraro(m): 2:11pm On Apr 14, 2010
Thank you ochukoccna and rank007.

@chidichris why don't you engage in constructive arguments instead of attacking people. I guess you've never heard of the Munich massacre which happened during the 1972 Summer Olympics in Munich, West Germany, this is not the first time something like this is happening in the world.
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Retires From Togo International Duty by chelseabmw(m): 2:13pm On Apr 14, 2010
[size=13pt]PLEASE WHO IS THIS GUY?I WANT TO KNOW WHO IS EMMANUEL ADEBAYO[/size]
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Retires From Togo International Duty by chelseabmw(m): 2:19pm On Apr 14, 2010
[size=13pt]I NEED ANSWERS URGENTLY.I NEED TO KNOW THESE GUY THAT LOOKS LIKE A DEVIL HIMSELF[/size]
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Retires From Togo International Duty by chidichris(m): 3:39pm On Apr 14, 2010
@chidichris why don't you engage in constructive arguments instead of attacking people. I guess you've never heard of the Munich massacre which happened during the 1972 Summer Olympics in Munich, West Germany, this is not the first time something like this is happening in the world.

@zoraro,
what happened during the massacre in germany and where the massacared teams forced to participate in the game and were they banned after the game for being massacred?
how on earth can ur type be constructive in arguements.
we are talking about human lives here. in ur wisdom, will u be able to participate in a game if ur family member dies in the preparation of the game. can u be part of the game when ur team mates are in the mortuary? do blood mean anything to u?
what if adebayor died in the process? what was the guarrantte that they were not going to be attacked again?
do u know that those killed in the process are ppl's sons, fathers, husbands etc, what if ur loved one was involved.
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Retires From Togo International Duty by Nobody: 4:50pm On Apr 14, 2010
As a leader,it turns out that Adebayor has nothing to give.
If he gives up playing as captain,then the rest of the Togo squad should give up as well.One would have thought he would be there as a symbol of hope and courage for his teammates and the families of the deceased,but alas,the chicken-hearted weasel backs out.
It's really not a surprise coming from such a disappointment of a human being
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Retires From Togo International Duty by cliveland: 6:17pm On Apr 14, 2010
most of u are missing d main issue,, after 4years from now what would be left of Adebayor and d host of the team, its just cos he may perhaps d most popular of them all.

he is surely right to have taken d decision n i pray most well meaning pros' do so too caf are a collection of fools, without d players will dey be there

if the camerunian or Egyptian team well d ones attached like that surely dat competition will be postpone at least a week or venue changed,
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Retires From Togo International Duty by zoraro(m): 8:51pm On Apr 14, 2010
@chidichris I value human life as much as you, that doesn't mean that the world should come to a stop when such things happen. From your logic, the other nations/players that continued with the competition do not value human life?
As pertaining to the ban, I said that I do not support it, read my posts again.
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Retires From Togo International Duty by chidichris(m): 10:02pm On Apr 14, 2010
@chidichris I value human life as much as you, that doesn't mean that the world should come to a stop when such things happen. From your logic, the other nations/players that continued with the competition do not value human life?
As pertaining to the ban, I said that I do not support it, read my posts again.

@zoraro,
we all witnessed the situation a couple of months ago. after the attck, the players decided to play for their dead ones but the president of the country said no to that and even sent a private jet to bring back the whole team.
the security of the players and the entire staff was supposed to the responsibility of the angolan govt and caf hence the whole world and togo were expecting to hear from these organizers. the rest here are stories.
adebayor at his age will be fooling himself if he goes on a 4 yr ban which means absence from two nations cup. add that to what he has played and u will see that it is of no use.
what am saying here is that other teams shld not have kept quiet to this injustice because it cld be anyone. how will nigeria and nigerians react to such a situation if our team was in the picture.
do not forget that 99.99% of these players are the hope of their various families and as such shld not engage in such expensive jokes.
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Retires From Togo International Duty by femikay149(m): 1:01am On Apr 17, 2010
am nt suprised , this is the second tym he is saying dat he wnt play for togo, although under diff circumstances,

1.Clearly he has shown he is nt a leader,

2.Is he meant to be angry @ togo or @ CAF and angola for nt providing proper security for them

3.Shouldnt he as a captain try to pressurize CAF through all possible means

finally this boy just doesnt ve character,
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Retires From Togo International Duty by chidichris(m): 9:08am On Apr 17, 2010
am nt suprised , this is the second tym he is saying dat he wnt play for togo, although under diff circumstances,

1.Clearly he has shown he is nt a leader,

2.Is he meant to be angry @ togo or @ CAF and angola for nt providing proper security for them

3.Shouldnt he as a captain try to pressurize CAF through all possible means

finally this boy just doesnt ve character,

@femikay149,
is this war supposed to be adebayor's individual war i mean u saying he shld put preasure on caf?
nigeria withdrew from nation's cup in 1996 under abacha and by his instructions citing security as the reason.
adebayor and the whole football team are under the president.
times like this, other national teams are supposed to come up with the preasure. intimidating caf that all of them will withdraw from their games if the ban is not lifted.
the idea of letting caf go away with every decission is bad. at the end of the day, it cld be anyone. drogba was not crowned african player of the year in 2008 because he did not leave his team's preparation for the award. such decissions are crazy and caf always get away with them because no one cares. how on earth can u ban someone u attacked, held hostage and killed? this is mad.
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Retires From Togo International Duty by kayality: 12:10pm On Apr 18, 2010
@chidichris

nigeria withdrew from nation's cup in 1996 under abacha and by his instructions citing security as the reason.

Then what happen to Nigeria team, why can't you finish your word, that year CAF, BAN Nigeria Super Eagle, your Comment in this Nairaland always ridiculous, childichris, please always have good comment ok,
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Retires From Togo International Duty by creampy(f): 7:54pm On Apr 18, 2010
one of hayatou's victims
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Retires From Togo International Duty by chidichris(m): 6:55am On Apr 19, 2010
Then what happen to Nigeria team, why can't you finish your word, that year CAF, BAN Nigeria Super Eagle, your Comment in this Nairaland always ridiculous, childichris, please always have good comment ok,

@kayality,
are u suggesting that i stop commenting on nairaland because u don't like how i talk? or do i need to ask u before i comment? caf banned nigeria because nigeria just mentioned security reasons and we all knew it was the politics of abacha then but in the case of togo, they were up for the game. the lives of three ppl were taken by the same angola who said they were ready. today south africa is saying we are ready. do u know the meaning of we are ready? do u know how that incident in angola is affecting the world cup. just assume players like messi, rooney, ronaldo and other out of the world class players in a bus and were attacked or killed.
i do not blame most of here because a man born and brought up in this jungle called nigeria can never attach anything to life.
outside nigeria, a man who is having headache,makes a call to the mergency services, ambulances will fly from here and there, trafic laws will be broken and the street will be informed with the emergency services coming to the rescue of just one person so if u are in nigeria the whole of ur life, it is only on international movies that u see such and that does not make any sense to u.
the other group here were blaming togo for taking bus instead of flight, today, barcelona is travelling to milan on bus.
we lack information and that is why we can't move forward.
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Retires From Togo International Duty by Nobody: 9:54am On Apr 19, 2010
chidichris:

@ochukoccna,
i also learnt that oprah winfred, serena williams, michela jackson, eddie murphy, samuel etoo, tupac etc are all nigerians. pls help me with the links at the same time so that i will show my friends too.

@rank007,

No stress wink
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Retires From Togo International Duty by Nobody: 9:58am On Apr 19, 2010
chidichris:

@ochukoccna,

@rank007,

No wayo grin
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Retires From Togo International Duty by zoraro(m): 11:39pm On Apr 23, 2010
chidichris:

the other group here were blaming togo for taking bus instead of flight, today, barcelona is travelling to milan on bus.
we lack information and that is why we can't move forward.

You are even more less informed than the people you are criticizing, Barcelona and some other teams took bus because the airspace over Europe was blocked by the Iceland volcanic eruption, they didn't do it out of their own choosing.
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Retires From Togo International Duty by chidichris(m): 10:38am On Apr 25, 2010

You are even more less informed than the people you are criticizing, Barcelona and some other teams took bus because the airspace over Europe was blocked by the Iceland volcanic eruption, they didn't do it out of their own choosing.

@zoraro,
wether jonah was swallowed by shark or by fish, the key word here is swallow.
u can take bus for iceland volcanic or island volcanic or even italian volcanic, the subject here is BUS.
togo for whatever reasons they took the bus shld be protected by the organisers of the torunanment.
do not come here to justify the attack of togolese team with ur bus reason.
in the histroy of international games, togo is not the first team to have used a bus to cross over.
the attack was wrong, the killing was and is unacceptable. togo deserves appology and not banning.
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Retires From Togo International Duty by femikay149(m): 12:48am On May 04, 2010
chidichris:

@femikay149,
is this war supposed to be adebayor's individual war i mean u saying he shld put preasure on caf?
adebayor and the whole football team are under the president.
times like this, other national teams are supposed to come up with the preasure. intimidating caf that all of them will withdraw from their games if the ban is not lifted.
the idea of letting caf go away with every decission is bad. at the end of the day, it cld be anyone. drogba was not crowned african player of the year in 2008 because he did not leave his team's preparation for the award. such decissions are crazy and caf always get away with them because no one cares. how on earth can u ban someone u attacked, held hostage and killed? this is mad.
chidichris i dnt tink there is really any need for me 2 respond to U.as evryone has responded , like evry1 said U R NT AN INFORMED GUY

comparing barca's bus ride to this , geez, so dumb, vry diff scenario

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Eucharia Names 21 Falcons For World Cup ( 18 Out Of 21 Are Igbos) / Nigeria's Super Falcons Beat Cape Verde 2-1, Qualifies For Nations Cup / Bet9ja.com - Bet9ja - Domain View-1-1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.