Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,306 members, 7,819,037 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

Tension As Fulani Herdsmen Raise Alarm Over Stolen Cows In Jos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tension As Fulani Herdsmen Raise Alarm Over Stolen Cows In Jos (18283 Views)

Miyetti Allah Kicks As Fulani Radio Attracts More Reactions / FAKE Picture Trending On Whatsapp As "Fulani Herdsmen" Attacks On Lagos Ibadan E / APC Calls For The Arrest Of APDA Leaders Over Stolen Logo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tension As Fulani Herdsmen Raise Alarm Over Stolen Cows In Jos by deco22(m): 8:51am On Jan 17, 2018
How can citizens of a country be scared because a group of people have decided to turn themselves into a formidable force.

Mtcheww,terrible

5 Likes

Re: Tension As Fulani Herdsmen Raise Alarm Over Stolen Cows In Jos by Snow02: 8:53am On Jan 17, 2018
they have started again looking for a reason to kill

4 Likes

Re: Tension As Fulani Herdsmen Raise Alarm Over Stolen Cows In Jos by worldcop: 8:53am On Jan 17, 2018
PMB will obviously keep mute on this!

2 Likes

Re: Tension As Fulani Herdsmen Raise Alarm Over Stolen Cows In Jos by Badonasty(m): 8:54am On Jan 17, 2018

1 Like

Re: Tension As Fulani Herdsmen Raise Alarm Over Stolen Cows In Jos by dynicks(m): 8:56am On Jan 17, 2018
Boleyndynasty2:
Due process is a thing of the past,nobody follows it anymore... But how do people without knowledge of rearing cows comfortably steal 200 cows at once and vanish with the cows without trace?
remembering the actions that ushered in d case of d chibok girls.....i foresee alike scene trying to play here

1 Like

Re: Tension As Fulani Herdsmen Raise Alarm Over Stolen Cows In Jos by vertueptime: 8:57am On Jan 17, 2018
yanshDoctor:
there should be no justification in killing anybody. don't carry out any killing spray, report to the police to carry out official duty and those found should be dealt with. armed robbery is what almost all Nigeria experience every just like in rivers.

the law and constitution should be respected. except they want everybody to abandon the constitution and take laws into our hands. i don't want to hear any more attack in the name of reprisal attacks, if the security officers are doing their jobs we wont be hearing all this noises of reprisal attack or justification.

but the way these people are mentioning figures one would think that a whole large numbers of cattle's can easily be stolen. they fled with 150 cows, chai. only a Fulani can control 150 herds of cows in a role and the fact there are marks on their cows the police should swing into action to trace the herds and recover them. investigation of those killed and how it happened with evidence should be carried out.

if only they are paying taxes per each head of cow (1 adult cow 12k a year) only then they will be caution when releasing figures.

Remember most of them are illiterates and police has failed them in the past, so its self defense or steal their cows and suffer thier wrath
Re: Tension As Fulani Herdsmen Raise Alarm Over Stolen Cows In Jos by sniperr007(m): 8:58am On Jan 17, 2018
Optional09:
There should be no fvcking tension let them report their concern to the police just like everybody. An investigation and search will be conducted. If they find the cow, fine and if not so be it. lost.

They should follow due process

U ve a good point and it's how the system should be but it isn't so.

1 Like

Re: Tension As Fulani Herdsmen Raise Alarm Over Stolen Cows In Jos by mfm04622: 8:59am On Jan 17, 2018
awakeupcall4all:
If this story is by any means true then that should lay more credence to the fact that ranching is very much the way forward as nobody can come to the land you legally acquired to rustle your cattle..And in the event of any cattle rustling it will be easier to make arrest and for the government to pay compensation if the case hits a dead end.
But obviously this is more that cow rearing now but a jihadic mission which is bound to fail.

What are you saying? This your logic mean armed robbers shouldn't rob people in their homes! Go and ask people who are ranching. Cattle in ranch are the easiest to steal. They are in one place. All you need to do is overpower the security and take the cows away!
Re: Tension As Fulani Herdsmen Raise Alarm Over Stolen Cows In Jos by yanshDoctor: 8:59am On Jan 17, 2018
vertueptime:

Remember most of them are illiterates and police has failed them in the past, so its self defense or steal their cows and suffer thier wrath
who steal their cow? and what concerns the poor villagers?

1 Like

Re: Tension As Fulani Herdsmen Raise Alarm Over Stolen Cows In Jos by vertueptime: 9:00am On Jan 17, 2018
It always starts with killing a fulani man stealing his cow for free meat, the repercussions that follow is usually much worse

1 Like

Re: Tension As Fulani Herdsmen Raise Alarm Over Stolen Cows In Jos by mruwaifo(m): 9:01am On Jan 17, 2018
Cattle only poisonous plant is the simple solution .
Re: Tension As Fulani Herdsmen Raise Alarm Over Stolen Cows In Jos by guru03(m): 9:01am On Jan 17, 2018
Cheap lies, these Fulani guys are preparing for another attack. People of Riyom and Bassa watch out.

2 Likes

Re: Tension As Fulani Herdsmen Raise Alarm Over Stolen Cows In Jos by darqly(m): 9:02am On Jan 17, 2018
When that daft Lalong was berating Ortom, I held my breath angry. He has been managing a delicate truce in Plateau, because Jos peeps are not smiling and are just waiting for Fulani to make a wrong move. The small arms in circulation in Jos/Jos south is a major security threat, and it's both sides that are armed. sad

1 Like

Re: Tension As Fulani Herdsmen Raise Alarm Over Stolen Cows In Jos by skallion7(m): 9:04am On Jan 17, 2018
Buhari sef!!

1 Like

Re: Tension As Fulani Herdsmen Raise Alarm Over Stolen Cows In Jos by vertueptime: 9:06am On Jan 17, 2018
yanshDoctor:
who steal their cow? and what concerns the poor villagers?

So u think they dnt knw who steals from them? In nt supporting any killings but som ppl look for it while it is sleeping

1 Like

Re: Tension As Fulani Herdsmen Raise Alarm Over Stolen Cows In Jos by Nobody: 9:09am On Jan 17, 2018
Optional09:
There should be no fvcking tension let them report their concern to the police just like everybody. An investigation and search will be conducted. If they find the cow, fine and if not so be it. lost.

You're a fool for uttering the bolded insensitive statement.... I'm not Fulani but I can assure you that if you attack me and steal my cows, I'll wipe you and your generations out when I get the chance....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tension As Fulani Herdsmen Raise Alarm Over Stolen Cows In Jos by Saintp(m): 9:09am On Jan 17, 2018
Another excuse for another killing spree loading. I just pity the villagers now, they must be scared to death by now. Chai, village should be the most peaceful place to live but to some people it is now a nightmare. Too bad Mehnnn.

1 Like

Re: Tension As Fulani Herdsmen Raise Alarm Over Stolen Cows In Jos by lizyb: 9:11am On Jan 17, 2018
All we need is the hand of God in this country,of course God will always protect his own.

1 Like

Re: Tension As Fulani Herdsmen Raise Alarm Over Stolen Cows In Jos by bejeria101(m): 9:12am On Jan 17, 2018
They shld track the cows! They should use Co-track

1 Like

Re: Tension As Fulani Herdsmen Raise Alarm Over Stolen Cows In Jos by lagosrd: 9:13am On Jan 17, 2018
Tissues of lies. Another ploy to start massacre in his. It's only people of fulani decent that can rustle that kind of herds of cattle. Stop point and killing accusing fingers and raising false alarm. After chasing the bandits were they arrested of not? What tribe are they.

3 Likes

Re: Tension As Fulani Herdsmen Raise Alarm Over Stolen Cows In Jos by mfm04622: 9:16am On Jan 17, 2018
Esseite:
Really how do people steal 300/1000 cows without a trace?

-Report to the police like every reasonable person and take it up from there.
-Ranch your cows, avoid jungles and forests. Tresspassers would be shot on your land.

You dont go killing and annahilating hometowns killing people who may not have anything to do with cows..

They were not without trace. The first set, some of the cows were recovered dead. That is either the robbers killed them or they died while being forced marched. Part of the second set (200 cattles) were recovered but alive in this case while the rest are still missing

1 Like

Re: Tension As Fulani Herdsmen Raise Alarm Over Stolen Cows In Jos by TourismMan(m): 9:17am On Jan 17, 2018
MBuhariGCFR:
The cows must have been used to feed the poor that i understand. but why will a sane man steal from another is what i don't understand. Not like the country is hard to that extend of stealing from another. I've done a lot to make everybody live the comfortable life they always wished for which was the change they voted for. God save Nigeria

Would you stop fooling yourself?

1 Like

Re: Tension As Fulani Herdsmen Raise Alarm Over Stolen Cows In Jos by musa234(m): 9:19am On Jan 17, 2018
MBuhariGCFR:
The cows must have been used to feed the poor that i understand. but why will a sane man steal from another is what i don't understand. Not like the country is hard to that extend of stealing from another. I've done a lot to make everybody live the comfortable life they always wished for which was the change they voted for. God save Nigeria
If I wose you slap eh fake buhari

1 Like

Re: Tension As Fulani Herdsmen Raise Alarm Over Stolen Cows In Jos by Nobody: 9:19am On Jan 17, 2018
False alarm . They do this to show reason why they kill pregnant women and children.

1 Like

Re: Tension As Fulani Herdsmen Raise Alarm Over Stolen Cows In Jos by don4real18(m): 9:19am On Jan 17, 2018
awakeupcall4all:
If this story is by any means true then that should lay more credence to the fact that ranching is very much the way forward as nobody can come to the land you legally acquired to rustle your cattle..And in the event of any cattle rustling it will be easier to make arrest and for the government to pay compensation if the case hits a dead end.
But obviously this is more that cow rearing now but a jihadic mission which is bound to fail.
Just like robbers don't invade people's property that they legally acquire, right?

1 Like

Re: Tension As Fulani Herdsmen Raise Alarm Over Stolen Cows In Jos by Nobody: 9:19am On Jan 17, 2018
Someone wants an attack to happen in jos and that's why they attacked the Fulani community and stole their cows. This is premeditated. Some ruling elites are clearly benefitting from these frequent tribo-religious crisis.

This is the same divide and rule policy that was a huge accomplishment of the British imperial policy by perpetuating the Hindu-Muslim antagonism in India.

This divide and rule tactic continues to have a massive controlling effect on a deceived populace as they bicker, argue, take sides and fight amongst each other, never joining the dots, never seeing the bigger picture, never realizing how they’re being played by distraction, thereby preventing them from uniting in opposition.

You see, the real enemy is not some ethnic, political, religious individual or group... The only real enemy, the only ‘us against them’ is we-the-people against the ruling elite.

Stay woke my fellow Nigerians!!

1 Like

Re: Tension As Fulani Herdsmen Raise Alarm Over Stolen Cows In Jos by mfm04622: 9:20am On Jan 17, 2018
Optional09:

They have REPORTED! That is why it is in the news! Or you didn't read the story before commenting?
Re: Tension As Fulani Herdsmen Raise Alarm Over Stolen Cows In Jos by diegwu01: 9:27am On Jan 17, 2018
Optional09:

grin grin grin

Bro, By now you should know their type of due process and it must be avoided at all cost.
Re: Tension As Fulani Herdsmen Raise Alarm Over Stolen Cows In Jos by Malawian(m): 9:27am On Jan 17, 2018
Who can verify that any cows were stolen? Ranch your cattle so that you will know where all your cattle is, they will not accept, instead preferring to roam and invade other people's agricultural products. I suspect they only just needed an excuse for their bloodletting.

1 Like

Re: Tension As Fulani Herdsmen Raise Alarm Over Stolen Cows In Jos by Sagay212: 9:32am On Jan 17, 2018
Let them provide glaring evidences that their cows were stolen. They are looking for a justification to kill more people and as usual, the police and NA will support them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Am Upset With The Level Of Poverty In Nigeria – President Buhari / Umahi Condemns Killing Of 25 Persons By Suspected Fulani Herdsmen / Confusion As Another Court Declares Ugochukwu Uba Anambra PDP Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.