Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) (7694 Views)

This Is The Kanu Nwankwo/StarTimes Ad That Was Voted Most Annoying TV Ad On NL / Which Lion Was Yours? / "wild Heart", The Mexican Soap Aired On Ait (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) by Akanniade(m): 1:38pm On Apr 13, 2010
milkan05:

*peak commercial*, I was determined(igbo accent - detahmeeeened) cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

eagerly waiting for more from the movie grin grin grin grin grin

Mock all you can. Alex ferguson speaks with an accent, Beckham does too. Whatever your problem is, the fact remains the guy is blessed. Keep it up Papilo.
Re: Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) by bisiaet: 1:41pm On Apr 13, 2010
I think this guy is great I so much respect him if even he decided to become movie actor nothing wrong in it at least the so called actors and actresess started one day so he has every right to do whatever he choose to do or wish to become all I have for him is to wish him the best. He is a true born Nigerian.
Re: Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) by buchiwet: 1:50pm On Apr 13, 2010
can't wait to watch this movie
Re: Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) by Robotnik: 1:56pm On Apr 13, 2010
ireneann:

I never knew Kanu could speak english grin grin grin

milkan05:

*peak commercial*, I was determined(igbo accent - detahmeeeened) cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

eagerly waiting for more from the movie  grin grin grin grin grin

The guy don make his millions sha, una still dey post foolish stuffs, even beckham that was born in england no sabi english reach King Kanu.
Nairaland is made up of "Bad Belle", Enemies of progress, psheeew
Re: Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) by Nobody: 2:00pm On Apr 13, 2010
Akanniade:

Mock all you can. Alex ferguson speaks with an accent, Beckham does too. Whatever your problem is, the fact remains the guy is blessed. Keep it up Papilo.

POINT OF CORRECTION: everyone on earth speaks with an accent

@topic

perhaps papilo would be more suited to nollywood than at the 2010 world cup grin
Re: Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) by Orikinla(m): 2:23pm On Apr 13, 2010
Nwankwo Kanu is God sent to Nigeria.
Re: Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) by oge4real(f): 2:34pm On Apr 13, 2010
Really waiting for ds movie.
Re: Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) by Signorina: 2:38pm On Apr 13, 2010
Those of u askn if Kanu can speak English: can Carlos, Ronaldo, nd other non English players speak? I wish our playas wil speak Naija language wile d interviewers interprete. Most players dnt speak english yet they make so much money, more dan english professors. Thanxs
Re: Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) by Signorina: 2:38pm On Apr 13, 2010
Those of u askn if Kanu can speak English: can Carlos, Ronaldo, nd other non English players speak? I wish our playas wil speak Naija language wile d interviewers interprete. Most players dnt speak english yet they make so much money, more dan english professors. Thanxs
Re: Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) by fugocisse: 2:58pm On Apr 13, 2010
In political settings where public officials are held accountable for their actions, somebody with Mr. Babangida’s history of numerous manifest crimes against Nigeria and Nigerians would have long been sentenced to a stiff jail term and permanently barred from participation in his country’s public affairs. Babangida’s ambition to maneuver himself once more into power is arrogant, condescending and downright insensitive to the feelings of Nigerians whose affairs he ruined during his term as military dictator.

It is certain that the outcome of Babangida’s inordinate presidential run will depend on Nigerians’ collective resistance or acquiescence. Enlightened Nigerians cannot afford inaction or consent by default in the face of the avoidable train wreck that is a Babangida presidency.

There is no question that, in the coming weeks and months, unscrupulous Nigerian politicians, hired hagiographers and commentators, will come out in droves to champion Babangida and to try to rewrite his tragic history. Many of these would-be praise singers have a record for contributing to the ruination of Nigeria through their own corrupt practices.

We are confident, however, that Babangida will be stopped by the strong will of the vast majority of decent, conscientious Nigerians. These forward-looking citizens have every reason to stoutly defend the right of Nigeria to move away from her sordid past embodied and represented by the likes of Babangida. They have the energy, passion and vision to ensure the transformation of Nigeria into a 21st century nation that is able to serve the legitimate aspirations of her citizenry and to command the respect of other nations.

Nigeria should move forward, not backward. The country abounds with talent, at home and abroad, able to arrest her stagnation and turn her into an enviable, even model, polity. The Babangidas in our midst only know how to take Nigeria further away from the path of meaningful development and significant progress.

To reward Babangida with Nigeria’s highest political office despite his atrocities would indeed establish a terrible precedence and encourage political leaders in the continued destruction of Nigeria. Surely, this is not the kind of signal Nigerians want to send.

The Nigeria Democratic Liberty Forum (NDLF) is aware of the ill-advised encouragement that some foreign governments have provided Babangida. We condemn in the strongest terms this attempt by foreign powers to foist a certified disaster on the Nigerian people, a move bound to perpetuate and deepen Nigeria’s crisis of development and stultified democracy.

In order to register the outrage and resistance of Nigerians, NDLF will forward a petition letter; http://petition.ndlf-ng.org with signatures of Nigerians to the US government as well as other governments in Europe that may be goading Babangida to steal power.

This petition should serve as the cry of millions of Nigerians who say NO TO IBB and to the foreign governments around the world that may be sponsoring him. This signature petition drive is one of numerous activities NDLF intends to embark upon to STOP IBB and his likes from continuing to hold Nigeria hostage.

We also encourage individuals in their own ways to mount a campaign against Babangida in an effort to take our country back. We enjoin Nigeria’s labor unions, civil organizations, professional bodies, artisans, religious groups, and ethnic group associations to rise in rejection of a Babangida presidency. IBB poses such a serious threat to the interests of Nigerians that we should forge a mass movement to demand that Nigeria must move forward and say NO TO IBB.

If you believe that Nigeria should not be sacrificed to Babangida’s unpatriotic and nefarious whims and egotistical ambitions, please sign the petition; http://petition.ndlf-ng.org. We also urge you to forward it to ALL the Nigerian contacts in your email box – and persuade them to sign.

You can also print copies of the petition and hand it to Nigerians in the streets, churches, mosques, and homes. Explain to them that the stakes are high – and they need to make their voices heard. Signed copies of the petition should be emailed to petition@ndlf-ng.org. Please avoid apathy and indifference. Be involved in this struggle to free our beloved country.

Go to http://petition.ndlf-ng.org and make your voice heard. FREE NIGERIA: SAY NO TO IBB
Re: Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) by milkan05(m): 3:13pm On Apr 13, 2010
Robotnik:

The guy don make his millions sha, una still dey post foolish stuffs, even beckham that was born in england no sabi english reach King Kanu.
Nairaland is made up of "Bad Belle", Enemies of progress,  psheeew

Guy,  this is no bad belle at all!!! I love papilo too but can't help but laff whenever i watch the commercial!! Just thinking of it is cracking me up already!!! grin grin grin Have u seen it?

Akanniade:

God don bless am? YES!!!
I wan curse am? Hell NO!!
Should I laugh when I hear ''I was detahmeeeeeeeeened''? BY ALL MEANS YESSSSSS!!! GO get a life!!!
Na wa o!! Do you want to lie that you did not laugh the first time you saw the commercial?

Oby1:

Na wah o!
Is English your language? There is no language that does not have way of murdering English.

So because English is not my language, I should not laff again? Chineke meeeee. Abegi!!!
Re: Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) by Robotnik: 3:19pm On Apr 13, 2010
milkan05:

Guy,  this is no bad belle at all!!! I love papilo too but can't help but laff whenever i watch the commercial!! Just thinking of it is cracking me up already!!! grin grin grin Have u seen it? breast

I feel you bro, but you shud remember kanu as a sports ambassador and acheiver  rather than an actor in the  a Peak Milk ad
Re: Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) by ugbesbee(m): 3:24pm On Apr 13, 2010
I m nt a football fan but I think Kanu deserves 2b Idolized bcz he has done more than ol d other footballers we av in dz country, he indeed has a Lion heart. I jst luv dt guy, PAPILLO!
Re: Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) by milkan05(m): 3:27pm On Apr 13, 2010
Robotnik:

I feel you bro, but you shud remember kanu as a sports ambassador and acheiver  rather than an actor in the  a Peak Milk ad

OK!!! Props to the dude. At least he ain't no Tiger Woods. HE IS DETAHMEEEENED!!! PAPILO FOR LYFE!!! LION(brave?) HEART!!!!!! wink
Re: Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) by blackis(m): 3:42pm On Apr 13, 2010
This isn't going to be a flick per se, it looks like its going to be a documentary on
the guys rise from playing "free" street soccer to "paid" big time football!! grin

Kanu appears humble, has a wonderful rags to riches story and is a great player.
Isn't he Nigeria's most decorated player? Has a lovely family, is an easily likeable fellow
and he has a BIG, COMPASSIONATE heart!!

A lot of things are going for this guy and I have loads of respect for him.
Re: Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) by MONAGHAN: 3:59pm On Apr 13, 2010
Kanu Nwankwo ?
WHAT CAN I SAY, THAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!

MY CAPTAIN
MY AMBASSADOR
MY HERO

ONE IN A MILLION, KANU
Re: Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) by BROCASSIE: 4:31pm On Apr 13, 2010
[s]He is only using what he has/who he is to get what he wants.

He knows his career is all but over. Instead of retiring, and then see a masive drop in his standard of living it is only wise he starts preparing for life after football and set in the tight machinery to earn comparable amount of money[/s],

how can be saying this,u are knaive.Kanu is already made,he's not afraid of retirement from game because of the fear of poverty.
Re: Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) by suprted(m): 4:35pm On Apr 13, 2010
it's a documentary, he won't be acting.  

the kanu story should be made into a film though.  but usually these things have trained actors doing them, eg Ali, even if Muhammad Ali was able, he probably would still have let Will Smith play him.
Re: Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) by babsmii(m): 4:39pm On Apr 13, 2010
dum*b retards, the post says documentary. you're concluding he's switching to acting just to mock him,
anyways, don't be surprised when you see him campaigning under PDP,
Re: Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) by suprted(m): 4:45pm On Apr 13, 2010
@babsmii- i wonder oh. this is how people fail exams.

although his conc igbo accent is pretty funny. i still respect the guy for keeping it real, and not blowing fune right left and centre.
Re: Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) by DeepSoul(f): 4:50pm On Apr 13, 2010
Kanu sure has a lot of fans oh! See how pple here are ready to fight for him!
We know say everybody get accent sha, but judging, based on the generally accepted standard, Kanu Nwankwo no try for that side grin

However, I have immense respect for him. I repeat. Immense.
I see he's now tired of building hotels all over Victoria Island, he wants to diversify into Television.
The entrepreneurial spirit indicates he really is an Igbo man afterall. Good luck to him.
Re: Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) by TMmoney: 5:09pm On Apr 13, 2010
I hope they worked on his accent.lol
Re: Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) by victorazy(m): 5:19pm On Apr 13, 2010
Kanu is a moon sun star hehheeh
Re: Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) by Nobody: 5:30pm On Apr 13, 2010
my country is blessed with too much talents in all fields.GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) by Linguist(f): 5:52pm On Apr 13, 2010
Am expectant, cool
Re: Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) by splashbaby(m): 5:57pm On Apr 13, 2010
TMmoney:

I hope they worked on his accent.lol
Irrespective of his accents he has obvious done more with is legs, Cant blaim him!
Re: Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) by pappilo(m): 6:31pm On Apr 13, 2010
I knew about this about 6 years ago. I know 'Neil' and the guy try o! I thought the idea was dead and buried. Well done Neil.

If it still follows the same story that was being put together back then, then It is a simply a documenatary about Kanu overcoming poverty and a heart disease to become one of the best footballers to have come out from Africa.
Re: Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) by dmxqo(m): 6:37pm On Apr 13, 2010
Akanniade:

Mock all you can.
actually biznex aims at ends. That peak milk Ad intentionally has that heavy accent, so that u never have to forget that Ad, and its working! Hail Kanu!
Re: Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) by desgiezd(m): 7:28pm On Apr 13, 2010
I never knew Kanu could speak english

*peak commercial*, I was determined(igbo accent - detahmeeeened)

eagerly waiting for more from the movie 

Whatever you guys say can not diminish Kanu's status in Nigeria. Kanu is loved and well respected because of his contributions to national development and he has been doing that even as a very young boy. To all of you that can speak English more than the queen of England, what have you contributed to this nation than to run your mouth derogatively and what amount of good life and comfort has your good English fetch you?
Re: Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) by obinna5000(m): 8:08pm On Apr 13, 2010
Lion Heart is going to be a documentary feature film.
Re: Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) by mrkoma2012: 9:39pm On Apr 13, 2010
Lets c d fininshed product
Re: Lion Heart: The Kanu Story (Kanu Nwanko's Movie) by Rmc1(m): 11:05pm On Apr 13, 2010
wow i will like to watch the film i have always admired kanu

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Adverts Motivate You / Fztvseries New Site Mobiletvshows Is Back Online / Classic Movies On Tubemotion.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.