Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,853 members, 7,817,524 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

Terry Banned By National Association of Nigerian Students For Alleged Fraud - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Terry Banned By National Association of Nigerian Students For Alleged Fraud (4619 Views)

Hit Songs Banned By The Nigeria Broadcasting Commission / New List Of Songs Banned By NBC - Includes Olamide's Shakitibobo / Checkout The List Of Songs Reportedly Banned By NBC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Terry Banned By National Association of Nigerian Students For Alleged Fraud by googles: 6:39pm On Apr 14, 2010
Genuflect:

Awww, see this cute lil' gyal talking about weed. Je ki daddy e gba e mu. Lmao

lol. . . . . cute little girl ?? cheesy cheesy cheesy i wish

Daddy knows wassup now wink
Re: Terry Banned By National Association of Nigerian Students For Alleged Fraud by yme1(f): 7:00pm On Apr 14, 2010
hey hey
he had berra bring that money out cheesy
Re: Terry Banned By National Association of Nigerian Students For Alleged Fraud by chiogo(f): 11:06pm On Apr 14, 2010
@topic, LOL . . .well, is he gonna refund the money?
I can't stop laughing! The dude even performs. . and people go see him? wow! grin tongue
Re: Terry Banned By National Association of Nigerian Students For Alleged Fraud by ravenzord(m): 11:42pm On Apr 14, 2010
^^^^ If people attend heavy Metal concerts then why wouldn't Terry G concerts be hits? I'll only advice everyone NOT to attend Konga concerts, you just might end up getting pushed into the nearest swimming pool. cheesy
Re: Terry Banned By National Association of Nigerian Students For Alleged Fraud by Genuflect(m): 7:58am On Apr 15, 2010
chiogo:

@topic, LOL . . .well, is he gonna refund the money?
I can't stop laughing! The dude even performs. . and people go see him? wow! grin tongue
Best believe Terry G is one of the best performers right now. It's not possible for the show to be dull when he performs so you can understand why promoters clamour for him
Re: Terry Banned By National Association of Nigerian Students For Alleged Fraud by bisiaet: 12:31pm On Apr 15, 2010
I think what Terry G. needs to do is too refund back the money if he has not done so and tender apology for not coming for the show that is just my advice for him because whatever any of these our new geneartion musician want to become they need the backing of students so he need to act wisely as quick as possible to resolve the issue.
Re: Terry Banned By National Association of Nigerian Students For Alleged Fraud by tkb417(m): 12:44pm On Apr 15, 2010
eleshin:

4k contractual agreement! he collected money from STUDENT and refuse to show up in d show and d best nland cud offer is dat dey shud hav met contractual agreement,i dnt even know wat dis nland is turning to.sentiment is beclouding our sense of judgement.well it can only happen to uniben and some other schools.hmmm if it is my own lasu,its either he is in hospital recuperating or in mortuary getting prepared for final journey home.d last time he was in lasu,he performed as if obama was in front of him.
i tire o
person collect dough e no perform den say contractual agreement shocked
then he shd return the money

if den catch am for Benin, his name will be changed to Terry K and not Terry G
in never hola
Re: Terry Banned By National Association of Nigerian Students For Alleged Fraud by alleno: 12:50pm On Apr 15, 2010
In my opinion, the Terry G guy should be called to attention and made to pay. 500k is a few months salary for some people. How can you collect that and not show up for a single night show, even if you are made to sing for 24hours. For what now! And i still don't understand how some can be mentioning Contractual whatever, thats for another days discussion

He collect cash, make he show. Simple! or refund money, he's lucky they are not demanding interest. If you have gone for a show and not seen anybody at all, you'll understand the frustration!
Re: Terry Banned By National Association of Nigerian Students For Alleged Fraud by comechop(m): 1:17pm On Apr 15, 2010
useless
Re: Terry Banned By National Association of Nigerian Students For Alleged Fraud by mrkoma2012: 1:17pm On Apr 15, 2010
A refund should suffice for this case as a remedy cos d occasion he was supposed to perform has gone by
Re: Terry Banned By National Association of Nigerian Students For Alleged Fraud by agapeLuv1(m): 1:21pm On Apr 15, 2010
They should listen to Him b4 coming with such tough one, cheers am busy now at my Blog will return to talk more later

Re: Terry Banned By National Association of Nigerian Students For Alleged Fraud by otokx(m): 1:24pm On Apr 15, 2010
Lets hear his own side of the story.
Re: Terry Banned By National Association of Nigerian Students For Alleged Fraud by Orikinla(m): 2:03pm On Apr 15, 2010
[size=30pt]Terry G or whatever you call him is not a MUSICIAN, but a hip-hop CLOWN.[/size]

Dare Art-Alade, 9ice, and other real musicians are there to be invited, so only ignorant people will even waste money to invite a clown posing as a hip-hop artiste.
Re: Terry Banned By National Association of Nigerian Students For Alleged Fraud by semid4lyfe(m): 2:19pm On Apr 15, 2010
Terry G maga the whole of UNIBEN. . .LWKMD!

*goes back to sipping his shepe and puffing his lala*
Re: Terry Banned By National Association of Nigerian Students For Alleged Fraud by vanesa(m): 2:39pm On Apr 15, 2010
Music producer and singer, Gabriel Oche-Amanyi, famously known as Terry G, has been arrested by authorities of the Lagos State Police Command over his refusal to refund the money he collected from the Students' Union Government of the University of Benin.

He was arrested at about 12noon yesterday and was later released around 8pm the same day after he had signed an undertaking to pay the money latest by Tuesday, next week.

The Benue State-born singer had collected the sum of N500, 000 from the Students Union Government for a show on their campus, but he did not attend the show and has subsequently refused to refund the money.

While signing the undertaking at the Police Command yesterday, the ginger ur swagga crooner agreed to refund the total sum of N1.1 million to cover the performance fee he collected and the expenses of the show.

He has also promised to tender an apology to all Nigerian students for his nonchalant attitude. He will also choose another date to perform for the UNIBEN students.

Terry G, who had been banned from performing at any university by NANS as a result of the incident, has however been pardoned for now.

Speaking with nigeriafilms.com on phone this morning, the UNIBEN Students' Union Welfare Officer, Cyril Emico, said “for now, the ban has been lifted on him because he has to do some shows in Imo State, Enugu and Calabar Universities to raise some money. He will do the shows before the 20th of this month.”

Whennigeriafilms.com called Terry G on phone last week, his manager who spoke to us admitted that they collected the said money from the students but did not honour the show because the students failed to fulfill part of their obligations, claiming that his artiste had since refunded the money.

http://www.modernghana.com/movie/6910/3/star-singer-terry-g-arrested-released.html
Re: Terry Banned By National Association of Nigerian Students For Alleged Fraud by Redman44(m): 2:57pm On Apr 15, 2010
So Terry G is in the news again shocked shocked shocked Sometimes, I wonder how student leaders in Nigeria reason. Though I've got my own personal reservations about some Nigerian '' Hip-Hop Artsites '', I believe the show at UNIBEN had logistics problems. I can remember my days at the University of Ibadan. I remember what happened when Tony Tetuila and Tuface Idibia came to perform at Trenchard Hall. Students were beaten up and I heard Tuface had his wristwatch, mobile phone and fashion accessories nicked. Some powerful guys on campus stormed into the show without paying while the Student Union Chairman was slapped openly sad sad I'm also wondering why Terry G has to perform at other universities so as to raise the 500,000 Naira he owes the UNIBEN S.U.G. cry cry It shows that that the dude and his Manager are not good with finances.

Can anyone tell me if artists like Asa, Dare Art Alade and Femi Kuti have performed on Nigerian Campuses lately? I just need to know. Cheers.

www.vibes-extra..com
Re: Terry Banned By National Association of Nigerian Students For Alleged Fraud by dobodobo(m): 3:03pm On Apr 15, 2010
Una don forget terry G song,as I dey so,mo ti shayo O,everybody shout Haleluyah, Halleluyah!Maga don pay O, mugu don pay O,Halleluyah. na terry G talk am
Re: Terry Banned By National Association of Nigerian Students For Alleged Fraud by Rmc1(m): 3:04pm On Apr 15, 2010
Terry g  no dey fear, fear ? cult guys go kidnap am  LOL
Re: Terry Banned By National Association of Nigerian Students For Alleged Fraud by mamagee3(f): 5:01pm On Apr 15, 2010
He looks like a local tout, I'm not surprised.
Re: Terry Banned By National Association of Nigerian Students For Alleged Fraud by kstrika(m): 5:23pm On Apr 15, 2010
I GUESS TERRY GINGA IS TRYIN TO BE9ja'z YOUNG MONEY,
ha ha ha ha ha, [center][/center]
Re: Terry Banned By National Association of Nigerian Students For Alleged Fraud by kstrika(m): 5:24pm On Apr 15, 2010
I GUESS TERRY GINGA IS TRYIN TO BE 9ja'z YOUNG MONEY,
ha ha ha ha ha, [center][/center]
Re: Terry Banned By National Association of Nigerian Students For Alleged Fraud by dayokanu(m): 5:59pm On Apr 15, 2010
I trust Ife students.

By the time the ever Militant students of Ife descend on him, His State Governor would contribute to his treatment and refund the money.

Make dem ask wetin OBJ eye see for 1998/99 before he became president of Shina peters at his prime.
Re: Terry Banned By National Association of Nigerian Students For Alleged Fraud by VPG: 6:00pm On Apr 15, 2010
Definately AXE money no dey inside T.G for don return am tey tey.
Re: Terry Banned By National Association of Nigerian Students For Alleged Fraud by Nobody: 6:09pm On Apr 15, 2010
N500k for a show in 2010? I thought it all ended back in 2005. I really wonder the quality of Nigerian Students who support sand baked musicians like terry G.
Re: Terry Banned By National Association of Nigerian Students For Alleged Fraud by hardywaltz(m): 2:30am On Apr 16, 2010
Whose Terry G??!
Re: Terry Banned By National Association of Nigerian Students For Alleged Fraud by mufasa(m): 12:25pm On Apr 16, 2010
some people's comments here is a wonder to behold.

Someone collected money for a show upfront,
- issued a receipt,
- did a promo jingle for the same show,
- didnt show up,
- didnt give a good reason for not showing up

and you are talking abt kick-backs and contractual agreements shocked shocked.

Is the issuance of a receipt not a contract? undecided I'm not a lawyer but i think its a form of binding agreement to both parties. It implies you are delivering a service/product paid for and you are happy with the transaction.

Do they have A&R managers in the 9ja music industry. Students are the bedrock of making any act blow up. If you can appeal to students believe me 70% of ur success is guaranteed. The dude should get with the program and kick the habit. He is a good performer no doubts, his shows are always turbo-charged but he needs to work with his rep.

I remember back in school when we had a show and we invited a "naija crooner of international status now", i was part of the organisers of the show and quite right he had his demands as regards logistics (transportation & accomodation) and all but we ran outta cash so couldnt get him a room in the hotel in town and he didnt mind he bunked with one chassis female student that night that we arranged for him grin grin. He was supposed to stay for one night he ended up staying for 2 claiming he was signing autographs.

Till date i respect that artist cos he flowed with us.
Re: Terry Banned By National Association of Nigerian Students For Alleged Fraud by matiltomd(f): 1:56pm On Apr 16, 2010
mufasa:

I remember back in school when we had a show and we invited a "naija crooner of international status now", i was part of the organisers of the show and quite right he had his demands as regards logistics (transportation & accomodation) and all but we ran outta cash so couldnt get him a room in the hotel in town and he didnt mind he bunked with one chassis female student that night that we arranged for him grin grin. He was supposed to stay for one night he ended up staying for 2 claiming he was signing autographs.

Till date i respect that artist cos he flowed with us.

Kiss me if I'm wrong, why am i thinking Innocent Idibia? grin grin grin Sigining autographs? maybe on their mattresses, I laugh in Latin grin grin grin
Re: Terry Banned By National Association of Nigerian Students For Alleged Fraud by DoubleN(m): 2:47pm On Apr 16, 2010
NA for Terry G mouth i first heard the statement ''Intellectual Ganja''!!! The guy dey crase gann!! shocked shocked
Re: Terry Banned By National Association of Nigerian Students For Alleged Fraud by MrMurdah: 4:18pm On Apr 16, 2010
He prolly got a show that paid bigger and better.
Re: Terry Banned By National Association of Nigerian Students For Alleged Fraud by chelseabmw(m): 2:41am On Apr 17, 2010
Free me grin
Re: Terry Banned By National Association of Nigerian Students For Alleged Fraud by chichiwill: 9:03pm On Apr 19, 2010
una leave terry g oh, no be like dat find website go read di full tori, dem tuk say na because di university organisers no do something wey dem tuk say dem go do na e make em no go di show.
e don apologise tuk say hin go pay dem 1.1million naira, but first make dem let em perform three more university shows fit raise di money,
terry g na di man, he get style, una no say bohku artise for naija dey smoke weed? abeg lef di guy.
Re: Terry Banned By National Association of Nigerian Students For Alleged Fraud by raptainer(m): 8:13pm On Apr 22, 2010
Wat tery did was actualy bad.i pity d sug wey don broadcast say him go come d show

(1) (2) (Reply)

Young John- Big Big Things Ft. Kizz Daniel & Seyi Vibez Download + Lyrics / DOWNLOAD Mykey Ft Ruff Coin (Nwaba)_aga Ekuru Gi / What If?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.