Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,980 members, 7,810,723 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:56 PM

Tax Evasion: Davido Threatens To Release Names Of Those Owing Him In Lagos - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Tax Evasion: Davido Threatens To Release Names Of Those Owing Him In Lagos (26972 Views)

Mjautos Exposes Bobrisky For Owing Him Money For Car Purchase For 28th Birthday / Monalisa Chinda To Be Arrested Over A 6-year Tax Evasion / Davido Threatens To Sue A Store For Accusing His Crew Of Stealing Perfume (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tax Evasion: Davido Threatens To Release Names Of Those Owing Him In Lagos by freeman95(m): 2:29pm On Jan 17, 2018
Lol

Government go shut up now... We no go hear anything about tax again
Re: Tax Evasion: Davido Threatens To Release Names Of Those Owing Him In Lagos by vertueptime: 2:30pm On Jan 17, 2018
Kobicove:
Releasing the names of your debtors does not in any way preclude you from paying your taxes undecided

Atleast they become famous
Re: Tax Evasion: Davido Threatens To Release Names Of Those Owing Him In Lagos by Akinaukwa: 2:30pm On Jan 17, 2018
He is free to release the names of the debtors that is after he must paid the fine for tax evasion.
Re: Tax Evasion: Davido Threatens To Release Names Of Those Owing Him In Lagos by marvin902(m): 2:33pm On Jan 17, 2018
30 billion= 83million usd.
abeg what is the worth of Justin beiber undecided undecided
people can lie sha
over grown baby pay up joor

1 Like

Re: Tax Evasion: Davido Threatens To Release Names Of Those Owing Him In Lagos by texazzpete(m): 2:45pm On Jan 17, 2018
Bhelamblog:
Even though he started the Year with a Bentley of over N130million, Davido is not happy, As he's about facing charges for tax Evasion by the Lagos state Government, the father of 2 just revealed on Snapchat that his going after people who are owing him, more especially politicians, Looks like he has finished the 500mil he made from his Concert in December.
After all his been lavishing with his new bae Chioma, for the past weeks.. see his post below!

News From Ebiwali-- http://www.ebiwalismoment.com/2018/01/davido-threatens-to-go-after-top.html

how the hell can you not know the difference between 'he's' and 'his'?!
Re: Tax Evasion: Davido Threatens To Release Names Of Those Owing Him In Lagos by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jan 17, 2018
Guy pay your tax, and don't forget to pay US taxes too cause no be citizen for mouth .
Re: Tax Evasion: Davido Threatens To Release Names Of Those Owing Him In Lagos by Senator879: 3:01pm On Jan 17, 2018
pol23:
I need to pay this dude oo before my name go public...
. Onigbese pay ooo
Re: Tax Evasion: Davido Threatens To Release Names Of Those Owing Him In Lagos by mosesjida(m): 3:20pm On Jan 17, 2018
dis spoilt rich dude @ it again...hope it nt dat he has exaughted his 500milli from his show..bt dis "kid" gotta show some maturity..must everything be posted on IG and snapchat??
Re: Tax Evasion: Davido Threatens To Release Names Of Those Owing Him In Lagos by YINKS89(m): 3:38pm On Jan 17, 2018
doyinisaac:
What about the 30billion in your account??Was this not the same guy that claimed he earned 500million Naira from his concert??he should pay his tax from the so called money Na...
even Ronaldo ND messi evade tax..
Re: Tax Evasion: Davido Threatens To Release Names Of Those Owing Him In Lagos by VeriteMFBank: 3:38pm On Jan 17, 2018
Collective (Group, Co-operative or Association ) Loans gets speedy attention
with very low interest rate....
Start calling in now...

Re: Tax Evasion: Davido Threatens To Release Names Of Those Owing Him In Lagos by PierreDeFermath(m): 3:39pm On Jan 17, 2018
marvin902:
30 billion= 83million usd.
abeg what is the worth of Justin beiber undecided undecided
people can lie sha
over grown baby pay up joor
everybody knows the 30b shit is a lie. he isn't in anyway close to having quarter of Justin Bieber's networth
Re: Tax Evasion: Davido Threatens To Release Names Of Those Owing Him In Lagos by VeriteMFBank: 3:41pm On Jan 17, 2018
Collective (Group, Co-operative or Association ) Loans gets speedy attention
with very low interest rate....
Start calling in now...

Re: Tax Evasion: Davido Threatens To Release Names Of Those Owing Him In Lagos by PierreDeFermath(m): 3:43pm On Jan 17, 2018
he won't release any list
Re: Tax Evasion: Davido Threatens To Release Names Of Those Owing Him In Lagos by abbeyty(m): 3:55pm On Jan 17, 2018
wetin concern paying your tax with people that are owing you? go pay your tax my friend. Does bubu pay tax?
Re: Tax Evasion: Davido Threatens To Release Names Of Those Owing Him In Lagos by Jackson042: 4:15pm On Jan 17, 2018
The guy is just pissed that the same people telling him to pay taxes are the ones owing him money...

It's not as if when he pays the tax now, the money will be used for something productive in the state...

Some people wey dey open mouth talk here, dem dey owe tax ooo...

It is well sha...
Re: Tax Evasion: Davido Threatens To Release Names Of Those Owing Him In Lagos by Deathlezz: 4:30pm On Jan 17, 2018
What about the 30 billion?
Re: Tax Evasion: Davido Threatens To Release Names Of Those Owing Him In Lagos by mechanics(m): 5:06pm On Jan 17, 2018
He's simply broke.
Re: Tax Evasion: Davido Threatens To Release Names Of Those Owing Him In Lagos by Follygunners: 6:24pm On Jan 17, 2018
You dis guy dey lend money to folks @ the gov't... I see why he was declared innocent in his friends death. Na wah sef! undecided
Re: Tax Evasion: Davido Threatens To Release Names Of Those Owing Him In Lagos by lowaist101: 11:20pm On Jan 17, 2018
Chikita66:
People evade and avoid tax in Nigeria because they cant seem to place their hand on the projects or amenities money derived from tax is used, the money is entering some people's pocket, what's the essence of paying taxes when you can enjoy any social benefit, the best thing is to evade and avoid the tax entirely.

There are still people in Lagos that are evading their taxes and going scotfree because the quality of tax assessment and implementation is poor in Nigeria, they are tackling davido because he is a celebrity and he just won't keep shut.

Capitalism/market economy can't even work in Nigeria, mixed economy is the best for us right now, this country need serious government intervention instead of leaving at the mercy of forces of demand and supply/invisible hand.

Tax evasion is crime punished under the extant laws all over the world. People evade tax all over the world but the day they will be caught, they will have themselves to blame. Tax avoidance is not a crime. But if you over avoid tax, one day you will evade and the repercussion will haunt you. Government is allowing voluntary declaration now. Please don't join them to evade tax, let's do what we can in our capacity to salvage this country. Our tax administration may be faulty, with leakages but someone will sanitize the system one day.

Our system is no more mixed economy. It was some years back. Government has almost privatised everything. Few ones remaining, some Nigerians are campaigning for their privatization. This is the problem of our structure, a quasi capitalist structure. In the past we had many government owned companies. But now, only in strategic sectors of the economy. When you talk of interventions, it is only in a capitalism that it is more relevant, to cushion its effects on the poor masses. This is why a Nordic system (pls Google), a form of welfare state should be evolved in Africa. In social democracy, capitalism will still be functional and effective for government to generate funds enough to provide welfare for the people.
Re: Tax Evasion: Davido Threatens To Release Names Of Those Owing Him In Lagos by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jan 17, 2018
lowaist101:

Tax evasion is crime punished under the extant laws all over the world. People evade tax all over the world but the day they will be caught, they will have themselves to blame. Tax avoidance is not a crime. But if you over avoid tax, one day you will evade and the repercussion will haunt you. Government is allowing voluntary declaration now. Please don't join them to evade tax, let's do what we can in our capacity to salvage this country. Our tax administration may be faulty, with leakages but someone will sanitize the system one day.

Our system is no more mixed economy. It was some years back. Government has almost privatised everything. Few ones remaining, some Nigerians are campaigning for their privatization. This is the problem of our structure, a quasi capitalist structure. In the past we had many government owned companies. But now, only in strategic sectors of the economy. When you talk of interventions, it is only in a capitalism that it is more relevant, to cushion its effects on the poor masses. This is why a Nordic system (pls Google), a form of welfare state should be evolved in Africa. In social democracy, capitalism will still be functional and effective for government to generate funds enough to provide welfare for the people.
Yes, I know that tax evasion is a crime but tax avoidance can never be illegal in court, also people evade tax in Nigeria because the marginal gain is greater than the marginal harm due to the fact that the probability of detection is low as a result of poor tax assessment and implementation, till we improve in tax assessment and implementation and give computer outfits to enable the internal revenue board with tax matters, it will also show the position of businesses and individuals on tax compliance, people will keep evading tax in Nigeria

I am not encouraging people to evade tax but as an economist, am also sure you are an economist too, we are supposed to be rational, if my marginal gain is greater than my marginal harm of evading tax, then why won't I evade tax grin especially given to the fact that I am not seeing the usefulness of the tax am paying. It will be very irrational of me to pay tax without enjoying any social benefit of the tax am paying when I can completely avoid or evade it.
Re: Tax Evasion: Davido Threatens To Release Names Of Those Owing Him In Lagos by lowaist101: 7:40am On Jan 18, 2018
Chikita66:
Yes, I know that tax evasion is a crime but tax avoidance can never be illegal in court, also people evade tax in Nigeria because the marginal gain is greater than the marginal harm due to the fact that the probability of detection is low as a result of poor tax assessment and implementation, till we improve in tax assessment and implementation and give computer outfits to enable the internal revenue board with tax matters, it will also show the position of businesses and individuals on tax compliance, people will keep evading tax in Nigeria

I am not encouraging people to evade tax but as an economist, am also sure you are an economist too, we are supposed to be rational, if my marginal gain is greater than my marginal harm of evading tax, then why won't I evade tax grin especially given to the fact that I am not seeing the usefulness of the tax am paying. It will be very irrational of me to pay tax without enjoying any social benefit of the tax am paying when I can completely avoid or evade it.

Chikita, I like your analysis but we have to be careful. Knowledge that leads to crime or its justification should be avoided. Juxtaposition of marginal gain and loss/harm is a way to explain why people commit crimes. Some analysts call it HEDONISTIC CALCULUS, calculation of pleasure. If the pleasure to be derived from an action is greater than the pain from the same action, then it is worthwhile for the person. This is an explanation and round about justification of the commission of a crime. Please, don't let us use economic rationality to justify any criminality. We can join hands to safe this country. Let's criticize the government constructively and offer advice on how they can better this country. Add me on Facebook and read some of my contributions (gabie shoemohmoh).
Re: Tax Evasion: Davido Threatens To Release Names Of Those Owing Him In Lagos by Nobody: 7:55am On Jan 18, 2018
lowaist101:

Chikita, I like your analysis but we have to be careful. Knowledge that leads to crime or its justification should be avoided. Juxtaposition of marginal gain and loss/harm is a way to explain why people commit crimes. Some analysts call it HEDONISTIC CALCULUS, calculation of pleasure. If the pleasure to be derived from an action is greater than the pain from the same action, then it is worthwhile for the person. This is an explanation and round about justification of the commission of a crime. Please, don't let us use economic rationality to justify any criminality. We can join hands to safe this country. Let's criticize the government constructively and offer advice on how they can better this country. Add me on Facebook and read some of my contributions (gabie shoemohmoh).
I know about hedonistic calculus, also am not using economic rationality to justify criminality, I was trying to tell him what will keep happening in Nigeria unless government step up its game and improve tax implementation and assessment.

If you can recap, I said the government need to provide computer outfits in local government and state government to use and assess/analyze tax matters and tax compliances.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bobrisky: 'I Am Not Getting Married Now, Small Olosho Still Dey My Blood' / Adunni Ade Rocks Matching Outfit With Her Children As They Step Out In Style / Mavin's Rema Covers Tushmagazine New Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.