Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,049 members, 7,810,883 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:39 PM

Adekunle Ajayi: Man Rejected Offers In Shell & Chevron To Live & Work In Ekiti - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Adekunle Ajayi: Man Rejected Offers In Shell & Chevron To Live & Work In Ekiti (45581 Views)

Jobs Vacancies In Shell Port Harcourt / 10,000 Graduates, Masters Holders Jostle As Primary Teachers In Ekiti / Job Vacancies In Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adekunle Ajayi: Man Rejected Offers In Shell & Chevron To Live & Work In Ekiti by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jan 17, 2018
Ekiti360:
Please read this STORY!!!

On Sunday 14th January, 2018, a big Uncle, Adekunle Ajayi called on phone to tell me a story:

"My brother, how are you? Am sorry, I know I have offended you but I will pay my fine whenever we see"

I have a good news for you, I am now the CMD of FTH, Ido-Ekiti.

"Wow!", I said.

He continued:

"Its like a miracle to me. I saw an advert in Punch Newspaper last year, calling for application for the position of Chief Medical Director (CMD) of Federal Medical Center, Ido-Ekiti and I applied.

"22 of us, including the Acting CMD applied. However, 18 of us were shortlisted for interview. We sat for a very rigid aptitude, oral and computer tests.

"Alas, the Minister of Health recommended the THREE people with highest mark to Mr. President to pick ONE from.

"Fortunately, I scored the highest MARK but unfortunately, I do not have anyone to lobby for me.

"When I saw the rate at which people were lobbying, I gave up.

"But last week, I got a phone call that I was picked on MERIT. I didn't lobby anyone, I didn't call anyone, God did it. I got it on merit."

What a mighty God we serve!!!!!

I join all lovers of Merit to Congratulate this dutiful, hardworking and Principled Adviser of Mine as he resume today as CMD, Federal Teaching Hospital, Ido-Ekiti.

Meanwhile, Uncle told me a story before he dropped the call:

"I rejected appointments at Shell and Chevron in Lagos to accept an offer in Ado-Ekiti about two decades ago. I also rejected a juicy offer at OAUTH to remain in Ekiti. My instinct told me I will reach the pinnacle of my career in Ekiti and here I am today. I was the youngest among other the applicants"..

Congrats once again, Dr. Adekunle Ajayi, an Ekiti Man that doesn't take NO for an answer!!!

http://ekitidefender.com/success-story-man-rejected-offers-shell-chevron-live-work-ekiti/

Nice one
Re: Adekunle Ajayi: Man Rejected Offers In Shell & Chevron To Live & Work In Ekiti by luwabrooklyn(m): 7:42pm On Jan 17, 2018
VivaDeAngelo:
I guess Mr. Jibrin didn't want to mess with Ayodele 'Bravery' Fayose's state.

Congrats to your uncle, long may his blessings reign.
he said he didn't lobby greatest lie so far in 2018

1 Like

Re: Adekunle Ajayi: Man Rejected Offers In Shell & Chevron To Live & Work In Ekiti by Jbleenk: 7:46pm On Jan 17, 2018
Yes we are Ekiti

Re: Adekunle Ajayi: Man Rejected Offers In Shell & Chevron To Live & Work In Ekiti by kolaaderin: 7:46pm On Jan 17, 2018
DwayneGy:

I'm telling you, those CMDs make a lot of money. I know one that has his private hospital in South Africa.

Yes they make a lot of corrupt money.
He choose to work with the government hoping a day will come he will be at the arms of affair of billions from the government which he could siphons into private use at will. Shell and chevron would only give him legitimate few millions of Naira.
Re: Adekunle Ajayi: Man Rejected Offers In Shell & Chevron To Live & Work In Ekiti by kolaaderin: 7:53pm On Jan 17, 2018
BeijinDossier:
Being a CMD is like being the CEO/MD of a teaching hospital. I think it is far better than any job in Shell/Chevron as a starter.

Yeah , it's better for a corruption infested mind. A thief would want that post that can never pay him more than a million in a month after 20 years of service for that that would have been paying him upto 10m per month with 20 years in service by now.
He would have been on a million equivalent 20 years ago.
Re: Adekunle Ajayi: Man Rejected Offers In Shell & Chevron To Live & Work In Ekiti by Deo1986(m): 8:06pm On Jan 17, 2018
I don't understand, you didn't lobby yet you got the job! Miracle still happens!!
Re: Adekunle Ajayi: Man Rejected Offers In Shell & Chevron To Live & Work In Ekiti by Skhibanj1015(m): 8:08pm On Jan 17, 2018
Use your head, it is a Federal government appointment and not state.
Re: Adekunle Ajayi: Man Rejected Offers In Shell & Chevron To Live & Work In Ekiti by mechanics(m): 8:19pm On Jan 17, 2018
A rare gem, congrats to him, i wish him all the best.
Re: Adekunle Ajayi: Man Rejected Offers In Shell & Chevron To Live & Work In Ekiti by SalamRushdie: 8:28pm On Jan 17, 2018
Taking into Cognizance that the Salary of CMD is about 1.1 million a month why is is he so happy ? abi is he also going to join the ranks of past CMDs that use the office to loot 100s of millions yearly .
Re: Adekunle Ajayi: Man Rejected Offers In Shell & Chevron To Live & Work In Ekiti by Profcamsey(m): 8:31pm On Jan 17, 2018
My CVS Lecturer. That man is brilliant as F.
Re: Adekunle Ajayi: Man Rejected Offers In Shell & Chevron To Live & Work In Ekiti by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jan 17, 2018
congrats big uncle. in other news am looking for a resident security in chevron this my contact 08103824174
Re: Adekunle Ajayi: Man Rejected Offers In Shell & Chevron To Live & Work In Ekiti by Johnhug66(m): 9:09pm On Jan 17, 2018
Shayneward1:
please do not try this at home cheesy
it's dangerously dangerous grin
Re: Adekunle Ajayi: Man Rejected Offers In Shell & Chevron To Live & Work In Ekiti by Scetrocom: 9:36pm On Jan 17, 2018
slimpoppa:
Pele o.

That was 2 decades ago anyway. You cant try this today, your immediate and extended family, neighbors, church and mosque members plus both well and not too well wishers will disown you.

You on point. Even his arc enemy will disown him.
Re: Adekunle Ajayi: Man Rejected Offers In Shell & Chevron To Live & Work In Ekiti by maisauki: 9:38pm On Jan 17, 2018
slimpoppa:
Pele o.

That was 2 decades ago anyway. You cant try this today, your immediate and extended family, neighbors, church and mosque members plus both well and not too well wishers will disown you.
plus, his mother(if alive then) would go to all known herbalist to check whether THEY are playing with his destiny
Re: Adekunle Ajayi: Man Rejected Offers In Shell & Chevron To Live & Work In Ekiti by RALPHOW(m): 10:17pm On Jan 17, 2018
slimpoppa:
Pele o.

You dont understand , i know many people that rejected Chevron job for Grade A ministry job in 2017
Job Securty is the main factor ( If the man accepted private job 20 years ago, today he may be jobless.
2. In government job you have time for yourself and time to raise your family,
the only thing in oil firms is money and only money at the expense of other things like family.

1 Like

Re: Adekunle Ajayi: Man Rejected Offers In Shell & Chevron To Live & Work In Ekiti by matiuni: 10:21pm On Jan 17, 2018
What a pity?See comments by nairalanders.The imports of the post were completely neglected.Is it everybody that joined Chevron or Mobil 20 years ago that are still there as at today?Is money the only criteria for making career decision.What of job satisfaction,exposure,connection and prospects as in the case of this young man.Where he can enter today as the Chief Medical Director of a Teaching Hospital,most of his colleagues in Chevron will be turned back at the gates.That is what poverty mindset is doing to an average youths in Nigeria.No more long term goals.Everything is money now.

My congratulations to Dr Kunle Ajayi.God that put you there will see you through in Jesus name.Your tenure shall be more glorious than those of your predecessors.You will not fail you will not fall.

2 Likes

Re: Adekunle Ajayi: Man Rejected Offers In Shell & Chevron To Live & Work In Ekiti by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jan 17, 2018
Ekiti360:

On Sunday 14th January, 2018, a big Uncle, Adekunle Ajayi called on phone to tell me a story:

"My brother, how are you? Am sorry, I know I have offended you but I will pay my fine whenever we see"

"Wow!", I said.

He continued:

"Its like a miracle to me. I saw an advert in Punch Newspaper last year, calling for application for the position of Chief Medical Director (CMD) of Federal Medical Center, Ido-Ekiti and I applied.

"22 of us, including the Acting CMD applied. However, 18 of us were shortlisted for interview. We sat for a very rigid aptitude, oral and computer tests.

"Alas, the Minister of Health recommended the THREE people with highest mark to Mr. President to pick ONE from.

"Fortunately, I scored the highest MARK but unfortunately, I do not have anyone to lobby for me.

"But last week, I got a phone call that I was picked on MERIT. I didn't lobby anyone, I didn't call anyone, God did it. I got it on merit."

I join all lovers of Merit to Congratulate this dutiful, hardworking and Principled Adviser of Mine as he resume today as CMD, Federal Teaching Hospital, Ido-Ekiti.

"I rejected appointments at Shell and Chevron in Lagos to accept an offer in Ado-Ekiti about two decades ago. I also rejected a juicy offer at OAUTH to remain in Ekiti. My instinct told me I will reach the pinnacle of my career in Ekiti and here I am today. I was the youngest among other the applicants"..

Congrats once again, Dr. Adekunle Ajayi, an Ekiti Man that doesn't take NO for an answer!!!

http://ekitidefender.com/success-story-man-rejected-offers-shell-chevron-live-work-ekiti/

Ok. We are already aware of his appointment as Dr Okere who's the acting CMD has already stepped aside. Please tell your uncle to kindly revisit the debts owed us since 2015 by the former CMD, now that he has assumed office. Congrats to him. Thank you.
Re: Adekunle Ajayi: Man Rejected Offers In Shell & Chevron To Live & Work In Ekiti by austinegreat: 4:45am On Jan 18, 2018
For your sure success in WAEC NECO GCE JAMB and admission securement into a tertiary institution call KLASSIC TUTORS @ 08037589601. We always put smile on people's faces. By God's grace we have never failed
Re: Adekunle Ajayi: Man Rejected Offers In Shell & Chevron To Live & Work In Ekiti by Martiny(m): 5:47am On Jan 18, 2018
Dr. 'Kunle Ajayi, I can only wish you a resounding success as always in your present office.

Re: Adekunle Ajayi: Man Rejected Offers In Shell & Chevron To Live & Work In Ekiti by Dayoara: 5:53am On Jan 18, 2018
cheesy
Re: Adekunle Ajayi: Man Rejected Offers In Shell & Chevron To Live & Work In Ekiti by pafisayo(m): 6:43am On Jan 18, 2018
Dammyzeal007:
... And even swear for him
Lol post is every bit Funny... 2decades ago.
The only reason anyone would be happy declining a job opportunity with an oil coy 2 decades ago and celebrating now is cos he is gearing up to loot and mismanage public funds.
Re: Adekunle Ajayi: Man Rejected Offers In Shell & Chevron To Live & Work In Ekiti by hardbody: 7:06am On Jan 18, 2018
Ekiti360:

"Wow!", I said.

He continued:

A naturally stubborn breed.
Re: Adekunle Ajayi: Man Rejected Offers In Shell & Chevron To Live & Work In Ekiti by eyinjuege: 7:31am On Jan 18, 2018
For some, its not all about the money.
He enjoys his job as a poor man's Dr.
He wants to offer his services to his Ekiti people hence didnt want to go to Lagos or Ife.
He should be commended for it. Being the CMD is just an icing on the cake for a man who feels fulfilled where he is

1 Like

Re: Adekunle Ajayi: Man Rejected Offers In Shell & Chevron To Live & Work In Ekiti by owoeye2: 7:59am On Jan 18, 2018
BCISLTD:
I can see envy in that picture
Where is he standing?
Re: Adekunle Ajayi: Man Rejected Offers In Shell & Chevron To Live & Work In Ekiti by otokx(m): 8:08am On Jan 18, 2018
Congratulations sir, truly there is hope for Nigeria.
Re: Adekunle Ajayi: Man Rejected Offers In Shell & Chevron To Live & Work In Ekiti by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:32am On Jan 18, 2018
Yorubas and their obsessive love for amala and ewedu
Re: Adekunle Ajayi: Man Rejected Offers In Shell & Chevron To Live & Work In Ekiti by Emaopel2015(m): 11:38am On Jan 18, 2018
Wow! A big Congratulations to you Sir... A well deserve post...congrats to Dr and Dr Mrs Ajayi Adekunle
Re: Adekunle Ajayi: Man Rejected Offers In Shell & Chevron To Live & Work In Ekiti by 400billionman: 2:38pm On Jan 18, 2018
slimpoppa:
Pele o.

These people you mentioned are those who confuse people's destiny.

If you have God given purpose in life, don't listen to the aforementioned. Only listen to the inner voice in your heart. Like Doc did in that story..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Vacancies For Nurses In American Hospital Dubai, Uae / Erisco Foods Limited 2017 Recruitment (141 Vacant Positions) / Nigeria Police Force Replies Over Age Applicant "Oya So Pe Oti Lo"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.