Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:01 AM

www.jamb.org.ng The Most Stupid Website So Far,pls Comment On Their Website Here - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / www.jamb.org.ng The Most Stupid Website So Far,pls Comment On Their Website Here (24476 Views)

JAMB Admission Status Out... Jamb.org.ng / JAMB UTME 2013 Result Is On Www.jamb.org.ng/unifietme / Unizik 2011/2012 Admission Statue Is Out On Www.jamb.org.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: www.jamb.org.ng The Most Stupid Website So Far,pls Comment On Their Website Here by LightSon(m): 9:38am On Feb 28, 2008
AN OPEN LETTER TO JAMB/SIDMACH PARTNERSHIP:

Dear Sidmach/JAMB Webmaster,

This is to bring to your attention my frustrations with registering my two wards for the 2007/2008 UME.

Since purchasing the scratch cards  3 days ago, I have tried unendingly to register these children but to no avail. My office internet link is superfast (a major Oil Company's Network) and very reliable but your registration forms seem to be having access problems with your server as they are too slow.

PLEASE COULD YOU RECTIFY WHATEVER THE PROBLEM IS FOR US TO REGISTER OUR WARDS.

I suggest you:

1. make the registration forms more user friendly (put save and modify buttons, page 1 and page 2 links, etc such that one can switch directly between the pages rather than starting afresh when links with your server fails)

2. reduce frequent and several access/communication to your server while on a page (let all drop-down data be loaded once the page loads rather than stepwise loading of database which annoyingly slows the process)

3. design each registration page to save automatically while continuing to the next page (to remove the frustration of going over and over to the first page to start afresh whenever the page looses contact with your server).

4. consider using a robust database management software (like Oracle etc ) such that the database querry wont be so time consuming.

You may not follow my suggestions but I believe these give you an overview of frustrations of lots of ume candidates and parents out there as well as potential future system improvement options.

HOPING TO SEE IMPROVED ONLINE REGISTRATION FORMS SOONEST, INORDER TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION OF MY 2 WARDS FOR THE 2008 UME.

Thank you,

Regards,
Re: www.jamb.org.ng The Most Stupid Website So Far,pls Comment On Their Website Here by chycko(m): 1:15pm On Feb 28, 2008
jamb is inefficient and they should go back to the old ways of doing things, i.e buying forms and submitting them. i think thant should be a better way of solving the problem

Bleep jamb web.

Re: www.jamb.org.ng The Most Stupid Website So Far,pls Comment On Their Website Here by matthew80(m): 2:30pm On Feb 28, 2008
Their site is a symbol of stupidity, I was bounced back to the previous page times without number, do they think I get the cafe services for free? I have WASTED a lot of money trying to register, back in the days, registration had been easier with the use of paper forms. I think they should go back to their former system.
Re: www.jamb.org.ng The Most Stupid Website So Far,pls Comment On Their Website Here by lifegal(f): 2:45pm On Feb 28, 2008
WHAT I WOULD ADVICE U TO DO IS TO REGISTER IN THE EARLY MORNING HOURS.

I HAD THE SAME EXPERIENCE ON THURSDAY AND FRIDAY, SO I DECIEDED TO GO TO THE OFFICE VERY EARLY, I GOT THERE AT ABOUT 6:30 AM AND WITHIN A TWINKLE OF AN EYE I WAS ABLE TO FILL 2 FORMS.

BY DAT TIME PEOPLE BROWSING OVER NIGHT WOULD HAVE GONE TO SLEEP.
Re: www.jamb.org.ng The Most Stupid Website So Far,pls Comment On Their Website Here by udomighty: 11:24am On Mar 01, 2008
I want to know what is the contributions of JAMB towards the future of leaders of tomorrow. Many have been ruin by JAMB and their wahala.now we thought that electronic registration will stop the apt most of the youth found in obtaining and registering of JAMb through manual registration now the reverse has now been the case. Pls i urge the management of JAMB to pls reverse the old form of JAMB registration, we prefer the manual way. I am afraid i dont know what will happen in the next 15 days they postponed the registration. JAMB stop been a thorn in the flesh of our future leaders of tomorrow. angry
Re: www.jamb.org.ng The Most Stupid Website So Far,pls Comment On Their Website Here by udomighty: 12:48pm On Mar 01, 2008
Jambites are on my neck to get them registered. i have almost 200 forms to register, but i dont know the mess JAMB has turned themselves into. They should do something before the 15 days extra for the registration.
Re: www.jamb.org.ng The Most Stupid Website So Far,pls Comment On Their Website Here by holythug(m): 1:01pm On Mar 01, 2008
though i was lucky to register sum1 bt d registerin took me 7 hours . . .aint i lucky

bt i suggest dey enable enrollees to save a page so in case of any mess dey can continue from dat page instead of startin over & over again. . .bt it is a BIG or is it HUGE disappointment dat a body as big as JAMB is can afford a better svc provider. . .i think they r usin outdated or is it old devices

JAMB common upgrade!!!
Re: www.jamb.org.ng The Most Stupid Website So Far,pls Comment On Their Website Here by deola1(m): 5:12pm On Mar 01, 2008
holythug
though i was lucky to register someone bt d registerin took me 7 hours . . .aint i lucky

indeed u were lucky, 7hours? i've been trying to register someone for the past one weak, its just too bad.
Fucc u jamb, fucc undecided u
Re: www.jamb.org.ng The Most Stupid Website So Far,pls Comment On Their Website Here by Nobody: 11:17pm On Mar 01, 2008
this experience re echoes the call for more than one admission body.
Re: www.jamb.org.ng The Most Stupid Website So Far,pls Comment On Their Website Here by woodboi(m): 11:47pm On Mar 01, 2008
i don't agree with people that are supporting jamb due to hackers,the cards are been sold at the banks so how can the hackers gain a ground.if this problem continue like this i am scared much people will have to write from home.it is either jamb and cafe owners are into business or something we don't have a clue about.

in fact i will advice everybody should go to rest and when they are ready they will let us know,it crazy take a look around you,you will hardly find someone that have gotten his/her form done.and for people saying nigeria nigeria i understand how it feels but please take it easy nairaland is a nigerian stuff and with poor server you are still feeling it.
Re: www.jamb.org.ng The Most Stupid Website So Far,pls Comment On Their Website Here by woodboi(m): 5:37am On Mar 05, 2008
seems the site is now working better i just helped someone to fill his form now.best of luck
Re: www.jamb.org.ng The Most Stupid Website So Far,pls Comment On Their Website Here by begood1: 1:17pm On Mar 06, 2008
I managed to conclude registration for my siblings on Tuesday
The site is so bad
I suggest they try other service providers like Socketworks Global, they are not efficient than this sidmachei whateva.
Re: www.jamb.org.ng The Most Stupid Website So Far,pls Comment On Their Website Here by promises: 5:10pm On Mar 06, 2008
I really dont agree wit u guys coz i filled out my form lst wk and also filled 4 my cousin yesterday.

D problem is d cafe u used, their (isp) internet service provider is sick. dts where d fault camne from. But if u send me ur details i c wd be glad 2 help u fill urs 4rm my office, n send ur slip 2 ur emailbox.(witout charge) cry

pls kal :08050538605 or mail promises2slly@yahoo.com
Re: www.jamb.org.ng The Most Stupid Website So Far,pls Comment On Their Website Here by begood1: 6:52pm On Mar 06, 2008
promises:

I really don't agree wit u guys because i filled out my form lst wk and also filled 4 my cousin yesterday.

D problem is d cafe u used, their (isp) internet service provider is sick. dts where d fault camne from. But if u send me your details i c wd be glad 2 help u fill urs from my office, n send your slip 2 your emailbox.(witout charge) cry

please kal :08050538605 or mail promises2slly@yahoo.com
Who are u referring to?
Re: www.jamb.org.ng The Most Stupid Website So Far,pls Comment On Their Website Here by begood1: 7:17pm On Mar 06, 2008
promises:

I really don't agree wit u guys because i filled out my form lst wk and also filled 4 my cousin yesterday.

D problem is d cafe u used, their (isp) internet service provider is sick. dts where d fault camne from. But if u send me your details i c wd be glad 2 help u fill urs from my office, n send your slip 2 your emailbox.(witout charge) cry

please kal :08050538605 or mail promises2slly@yahoo.com
my friend u dont know what u are saying, something that the whole world complained abt,
maybe u just came in when everything was sorted out
believe me i filled 2 forms in 2 weeks
Re: www.jamb.org.ng The Most Stupid Website So Far,pls Comment On Their Website Here by ipheanyi: 10:14am On Apr 29, 2008
www.jamb.org.ng  is the worst site I have ever been to. You need 10 hours to log in. And you need a whole week to complete your registration. I started my sisiters direct entry registration since 3 days now. Till this minute, I don't know when the process will be completed. Today the site is not even opening
Re: www.jamb.org.ng The Most Stupid Website So Far,pls Comment On Their Website Here by icandoit: 12:27am On Jun 27, 2008
how dare you make such a post,dont you know what it takes to upload a site or even re-construct it,you dont know that there is a huge increase in the number of candidates that wrote jamb exam this year,then imagine the multitude of candidates that will be checking their results,common you have to exercise patience in assesing the site,cos it is not an easy game to deal with nigerian students,I guess that why the board is making some reshuffling so that there wont be too much problems with there candidates,I am sure they will make haste in there reconstruction so that candidates like you will be able to have expected results. ezekieleco@yahoo.com
Re: www.jamb.org.ng The Most Stupid Website So Far,pls Comment On Their Website Here by MykeNiggas: 5:18pm On Jul 02, 2008
Hello sey na M/F thanks for your ad esilove

u don do jamb before now and see how he dey consume people money and cyber cafes dey earn money everyday

so u no dey think of others own

abi

@landers please think well
Re: www.jamb.org.ng The Most Stupid Website So Far,pls Comment On Their Website Here by lilliesboy(m): 4:07pm On Jan 30, 2009
You are right!!
Re: www.jamb.org.ng The Most Stupid Website So Far,pls Comment On Their Website Here by estagirl(f): 11:34am On Jan 31, 2009
Well i will like to advice people are wants to fill the form to do it early in the morning or late in the evening.then you can use less than 30mins to fill the form.
Re: www.jamb.org.ng The Most Stupid Website So Far,pls Comment On Their Website Here by boy124: 11:43am On Feb 06, 2009
Hello guys,
Nigerian's examination council are all worst in everything,from jamb to waec and even to neco.all of them are all rubbish.sily set of people.
Re: www.jamb.org.ng The Most Stupid Website So Far,pls Comment On Their Website Here by ibbguners: 1:10pm On Mar 04, 2009
hello mr jambite, i am really sick and tired of this strees of a thing, spending like 5 hours without doing nothing and u are now saying i have 6 days to fill the jamb form, look let me tell u if u dont find something to do about it, till my card expire i swear to God i am going to visit an herbalist to curse all the people behind this calamity JAMB.
STUPID JAMB PEOPLE. angry
Re: www.jamb.org.ng The Most Stupid Website So Far,pls Comment On Their Website Here by Orobert: 3:21pm On Mar 04, 2009
Friend they are doing their best. Hopefully you will register dont do anything rash abeg
Re: www.jamb.org.ng The Most Stupid Website So Far,pls Comment On Their Website Here by denniz(m): 5:46am On Mar 05, 2009
Yeah guys, its really frustrating, i bought the form on febuary 20th till date i cat still register online cos the site just wouldnt turn up the exam town i choose.

The worst part is that my card remains 5days to expire if i dont regiser.

May God bless them for their WICKED effort to frustrate STUDENTS.

DENNIZ
Re: www.jamb.org.ng The Most Stupid Website So Far,pls Comment On Their Website Here by abrahym(m): 10:51am On Mar 05, 2009
Email me ur credential im willing to help u,or beta stil download opera 8.56 into ur system
Re: www.jamb.org.ng The Most Stupid Website So Far,pls Comment On Their Website Here by chei: 6:37pm On Mar 06, 2009
Abrahym, can you help me out please?
Re: www.jamb.org.ng The Most Stupid Website So Far,pls Comment On Their Website Here by abrahym(m): 7:01pm On Mar 06, 2009
i can help u,send ur information to kennzydude@yahoo.com jamb closes 12midnite tomorow,so act fast,u can sleep in the cafe overnite if u dont have system at home. just act fast coz it ur future
Re: www.jamb.org.ng The Most Stupid Website So Far,pls Comment On Their Website Here by chei: 7:36pm On Mar 06, 2009
abrahym, I am sending it now. Thanks a lot.
Re: www.jamb.org.ng The Most Stupid Website So Far,pls Comment On Their Website Here by rammytt(m): 4:32am On Mar 07, 2009
You have 3 days left to Fill your Form.
First Page Was Skipped, Please start Afresh

Can u imagine this?, shame to you Sidmach Technologies.are you guys doing it for free ,I wonder if you were paid for the stuff, ise epe
Re: www.jamb.org.ng The Most Stupid Website So Far,pls Comment On Their Website Here by gendebs(m): 5:45pm On Mar 07, 2009
the website is worst than I tot, I am based in Lagos bt was posted to Eket in akwa ibom to write the exam. Abeg any body wey dey live for that side should pls help me out cos i dont know any where there.
Re: www.jamb.org.ng The Most Stupid Website So Far,pls Comment On Their Website Here by charlisco(m): 11:48am On Mar 09, 2009
u are not the only one facing such problem
candidate that register in river state where posted to pleatue jos
Re: www.jamb.org.ng The Most Stupid Website So Far,pls Comment On Their Website Here by Infoseye(m): 11:11am On Mar 12, 2009
icandoit:

how dare you make such a post,dont you know what it takes to upload a site or even re-construct it,you dont know that there is a huge increase in the number of candidates that wrote jamb exam this year,then imagine the multitude of candidates that will be checking their results,common you have to exercise patience in assesing the site,cos it is not an easy game to deal with nigerian students,I guess that why the board is making some reshuffling so that there wont be too much problems with there candidates,I am sure they will make haste in there reconstruction so that candidates like you will be able to have expected results. ezekieleco@yahoo.com

and everyone go here

Go here if you ve problems with jamb online registration https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-246600.0.html#msg3582877

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ASUU Unveils UTAS As Alternative To IPPIS / FG Promised N60,000 Increment In Professors' Salaries – ASUU / Unilag Dli Is Not A Part Time Programmes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.