Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,722 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary (57053 Views)

How Much Does A Soldier Or A Naval Officer Earn In Nigeria? / How To Negotiate For A Higher Starting Salary In A Job Interview / What Is The Starting Salary For A Graduate In Federal Inland Revenue Service: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary by MRSHYCAT(m): 7:23am On Jan 21, 2018
LegitBoy:
Don't be deceieved by the mu h noise around public universities...most of them don't get good jobs.These private universities peeps get jobs in shell, chevron, and others.

Do not be deceived, most private university students or graduates are people whose parents are people of means as far as Nigeria is concerned...

3 Likes

Re: This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary by mrvitalis(m): 7:23am On Jan 21, 2018
Lol
Re: This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary by pressplay411(m): 7:23am On Jan 21, 2018
Hopechi44:
Stutern, a Lagos-based online platform has published the salary distribution of employed graduates in Nigeria.

Stutern carries out studies on employment in Nigeria and Nigerian universities and this year, they created something called the Nigerian Graduate report.

According to the report released, statistics were obtained between 2010-2016.

Stutern embarked on a study into the salary distribution of employed graduates and below is what was found out.

1. More than 50% of Nigerians currently earn N50,000 or less on a monthly basis.

2. 1 in 4 new graduates earn less than N20,000 monthly as starting salary.

3. Over 80% of employed graduates currently earn not more than N150,000 per month.

4. Most graduates earn between N20,000 – N50,000 monthly both as starting salary and current salary.

5. Only about 1.92% earn above N150,000 monthly.

Earlier, we compiled a list of universities with the most employable graduates in Nigeria as released by Stutern.

Covenant University located in Ota, Ogun state was at the top of the list with a 90% employability rate.

Many are finding it hard to get good jobs. While some are out there still searching, others have decided to become self-employed

SOURCE: https://www.techtimes.com.ng/2018/01/this-is-how-much-most-graduates-earn-in.html?m=1

Nigerians are terrible at statistics.
Where did they get the indices and how did they come about the percentages?
This is not informative at all. It's just a skeletal work.

1 Like

Re: This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary by mightyhaze: 7:25am On Jan 21, 2018
na wa o.
id want to believe dat dese are just young graduates without immediate and extended family responsibilities... what can a family man do with 150k a month in nigeria?? talkless of these other ridiculous salaries ,some as low as 20k
Re: This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary by ozo13(m): 7:25am On Jan 21, 2018
The very truth.I hope that Twitter lady can see ds to know d reality of life in Nigeria
Re: This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary by Nnemuka(f): 7:32am On Jan 21, 2018
Date a business man girls, they won't wait till end of the month to buy you gifts... tongue
Re: This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary by Holywizard: 7:32am On Jan 21, 2018
Pls I need a job.
I'm tired of sitting at home doing nothing.
Re: This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary by abiolamitodun(m): 7:34am On Jan 21, 2018
LionDeLeo:

How dare you not give this credit to a university from Japan of Africa?
This report must have been compiled under one bridge in Ibadan.
Na wa oo Na fight?
Re: This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary by jidxin(m): 7:34am On Jan 21, 2018
Fallacious......its prolly done by CU alumni. Most companies categorically prefers federal universities to private

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary by Explorers(m): 7:35am On Jan 21, 2018
mightyhaze:
na wa o.
id want to believe dat dese are just young graduates without immediate and extended family responsibilities... what can a family man do with 150k a month in nigeria?? talkless of these other ridiculous salaries ,some as low as 20k

Bros, this is real o.

Millions of nigeria men, graduates that are working with the state/local government, public secondary school teachers, state ministries are earning below 50k per month.

Before you hit 100k per month, you must have spent almost 10years in the service.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary by byemx06(m): 7:38am On Jan 21, 2018
SamuelAnyawu:
This is why I can only work with an NGO....Down here in Maiduguri our cleaners earn 125k monthly cool

baba pls connect me abeg. I really need job I can even speak Hausa very well
Re: This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary by mtngloetiartel: 7:40am On Jan 21, 2018
GreatMahmud:

Who told u federal government is paying 30k/month? U must be talking about secondary sch certificate holders and certainly not graduates..
NPOWER should come to ur mind.

1 Like

Re: This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary by pedrilo: 7:41am On Jan 21, 2018
The research findings are somewhat valid
Re: This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary by somehow: 7:42am On Jan 21, 2018
jaychubi:

Getting a good job has nothing to do with the University u attended it's all abt connection, private uni students ve well to do parents hence they will get jobs ahead of pauper ppl dt full public unis

Got dt nw

Eg hw do u expect to compete with fayose son dt jst graduated in covenant uni, his name alone will get him a top job

Are you sure it has nothing to do with the uni? A Harvard graduate would get more attention than a graduate from an unknown uni.

Forget connection for now, University you attended has its own benefits.

5 Likes

Re: This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary by edoman2016: 7:46am On Jan 21, 2018
Hopechi44:
Stutern, a Lagos-based online platform has published the salary distribution of employed graduates in Nigeria.

Stutern carries out studies on employment in Nigeria and Nigerian universities and this year, they created something called the Nigerian Graduate report.

According to the report released, statistics were obtained between 2010-2016.

Stutern embarked on a study into the salary distribution of employed graduates and below is what was found out.

1. More than 50% of Nigerians currently earn N50,000 or less on a monthly basis.

2. 1 in 4 new graduates earn less than N20,000 monthly as starting salary.

3. Over 80% of employed graduates currently earn not more than N150,000 per month.

4. Most graduates earn between N20,000 – N50,000 monthly both as starting salary and current salary.

5. Only about 1.92% earn above N150,000 monthly.

Earlier, we compiled a list of universities with the most employable graduates in Nigeria as released by Stutern.

Covenant University located in Ota, Ogun state was at the top of the list with a 90% employability rate.

Many are finding it hard to get good jobs. While some are out there still searching, others have decided to become self-employed

SOURCE: https://www.techtimes.com.ng/2018/01/this-is-how-much-most-graduates-earn-in.html?m=1
I doubt the validity of this publication. How can you say less than 2℅ of Nigerian graduates earn above 150,000 naira monthly? Are you telling me banks, FMCG companies, oil and gas companies, telecommunications companies, maritime companies and so on do not pay above 150,000 naira to their entry level graduates?

1 Like

Re: This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary by malware: 7:51am On Jan 21, 2018
millionboi2:
Nige

Welcome to the shithole
Re: This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary by VictorRomanov: 7:53am On Jan 21, 2018
Aspiregreat:
Is this publication insinuating that 80% of NL'ders take home 150 or even lesser? I don't believe this report ! that's somebody's pocket money somewhere.

You re assuming that 80% of N'landers are employed by an organisation, firm or company. What about umemployed and self employed fellas?

3 Likes

Re: This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary by malware: 7:54am On Jan 21, 2018
SamuelAnyawu:
This is why I can only work with an NGO....Down here in Maiduguri our cleaners earn 125k monthly cool

Enjoy your Maiduguri while it lasts.... Even though I fall under the purported 1.2%, I would've rather continue with whatever shithole salary I was earning than to go to that shithole state.
Re: This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary by rozayx5(m): 7:55am On Jan 21, 2018
The stats are true
Re: This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary by pat077: 7:59am On Jan 21, 2018
SamuelAnyawu:
per annual
Re: This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary by Nobody: 8:01am On Jan 21, 2018
LegitBoy:
Don't be deceieved by the mu h noise around public universities...most of them don't get good jobs.These private universities peeps get jobs in shell, chevron, and others.
Be deceiving urself o, shell n chevron ko.

1 Like

Re: This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary by Nobody: 8:02am On Jan 21, 2018
somehow:

Are you sure it has nothing to do with the uni? A Harvard graduate would get more attention than a graduate from an unknown uni.

Forget connection for now, University you attended has its own benefits.
We are talking of Nigeria here. Connection matters a lot.

2 Likes

Re: This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary by FunkyAlhaji2015: 8:04am On Jan 21, 2018
My first job I earned 48k as salary undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary by BruncleZuma: 8:05am On Jan 21, 2018
LegitBoy:

I understand where you're coming from 85% of the senior personnel in Transocean are from Uniben grin grin grin grin
Re: This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary by no1madman(m): 8:06am On Jan 21, 2018
Happy ☺ Sunday[img][/img]

Re: This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary by Youngzedd(m): 8:08am On Jan 21, 2018
edoman2016:

I doubt the validity of this publication. How can you say less than 2℅ of Nigerian graduates earn above 150,000 naira monthly? Are you telling me banks, FMCG companies, oil and gas companies, telecommunications companies, maritime companies and so on do not pay above 150,000 naira to their entry level graduates?

How many bankers earn 150k and above?

There are guys in the bank that earns 50k and below per month.

Bros forget, what you see our there na packaging.

This is because many of them are contract staff. Only the core staff earn up to 120k.

10 Likes

Re: This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary by nelsonose: 8:08am On Jan 21, 2018
LionDeLeo:

I know many products of public universities working with multinationals earning above 400k per month.
This report is based on percentages NOT absolute value.

1 Like

Re: This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary by Nobody: 8:09am On Jan 21, 2018
SamuelAnyawu:
when boko boy kidnap u then we will be singer bring back our boys
Re: This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary by Ejerry(m): 8:10am On Jan 21, 2018
All I know is that in the company where i work, there is no single person from a private university, and we got over 300 staffs; the private uni. guys are either interns or on nysc. Mind you if you work for my company, you are among the lucky 1.8% or so, if these stats are anything to go by.
Re: This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary by dingbang(m): 8:11am On Jan 21, 2018
Youngzedd:

How many bankers earn 150k and above?

There are guys in the bank that earns 50k and below per month.

Bros forget, what you see our there na packaging.

This is because many of them are contract staff. Only the core staff earn up to 120k.
Re: This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary by ogzille(m): 8:12am On Jan 21, 2018
Check www.mysalaryscale.com for data based salary analysis..
Re: This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary by EmekaBlue(m): 8:14am On Jan 21, 2018
& they have disturbing Gfs thinking guys are stingy to send money grin

No wonder guys dey play bet9ja

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sample Coren Technical Report / Since I Slept With My Staff She No Longer Respects Me Pls Advise Me / Gateman Crashes His Boss' New Car While Trying To Drive - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.