Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary (57057 Views)

How Much Does A Soldier Or A Naval Officer Earn In Nigeria? / How To Negotiate For A Higher Starting Salary In A Job Interview / What Is The Starting Salary For A Graduate In Federal Inland Revenue Service: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary by Diso60090(m): 8:16am On Jan 21, 2018
And me wey nor even pass the street wey school dey i dey earn 590k every month na inside river we dey work

Nigeria nor be country wey dey encourage school

1 Like

Re: This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary by Youngzedd(m): 8:16am On Jan 21, 2018
dingbang:
stop living in the past. My salary is 116k contract staff ..

Core staff earn 200k and above...

Maybe that's for First Bank. Go make finding from guys at Stanbic.

4 Likes

Re: This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary by dingbang(m): 8:19am On Jan 21, 2018
Youngzedd:

Maybe that's for First Bank. Go make finding from guys at Stanbic.
you should make your own findings. And state the banks that do pay such instead of generalizing..

1 Like

Re: This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary by Nobody: 8:19am On Jan 21, 2018
edoman2016:

I doubt the validity of this publication. How can you say less than 2℅ of Nigerian graduates earn above 150,000 naira monthly? Are you telling me banks, FMCG companies, oil and gas companies, telecommunications companies, maritime companies and so on do not pay above 150,000 naira to their entry level graduates?

I understand why you feel it's incorrect.
However, what percentage of graduates are employed in those big companies Compared to the rest of the graduates? Most of those you see in banks are on contract. An eye opener is the fact that the Federal, state and local governments Combined employ less than 2.5m people (both graduates and non graduates). About 1.4% of 180m Nigerians. We generally get by through corruption for those who can. Think about it

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary by NwaIgboBoy(m): 8:19am On Jan 21, 2018
Please who created Nigeria

Damnn!
I HATE BUHARI NIGERIA!!!
Re: This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary by Tisham20(m): 8:19am On Jan 21, 2018
embarassed
Re: This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary by Tisham20(m): 8:19am On Jan 21, 2018
embarassed to bad
Re: This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary by Nobody: 8:21am On Jan 21, 2018
hezy4real01:
And one girl said she can't date a guy who earn 100k monthly..... You will die trying

Same girl that was crawling to every musicians page begging for money? Believe things you read on the internet at your own peril

2 Likes

Re: This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary by ayulatap: 8:22am On Jan 21, 2018
SamuelAnyawu:
This is why I can only work with an NGO....Down here in Maiduguri our cleaners earn 125k monthly cool
. Boss, I love NGO job. I don't know if God can use you for me. Please.
Re: This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary by kazzy4u(m): 8:23am On Jan 21, 2018
Tinz hv to change in dis country, all our elders re corrupt. imagine does pple dat re ruling us since re still dey once ruling till date. even wen dey wntd to resign dey will still put deir pikin for d post. dis country only God can help us

4 Likes

Re: This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary by Mypeople2(m): 8:32am On Jan 21, 2018
GreatMahmud:

Who told u federal government is paying 30k/month? U must be talking about secondary sch certificate holders and certainly not graduates..
The person is referring to 30k the Federal Government is paying in Npower .By the way, some graduates are earning less than minimum wage of 18k.Too bad! That is slavery in disguise

4 Likes

Re: This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary by emmyclassic(m): 8:33am On Jan 21, 2018
edoman2016:

I doubt the validity of this publication. How can you say less than 2℅ of Nigerian graduates earn above 150,000 naira monthly? Are you telling me banks, FMCG companies, oil and gas companies, telecommunications companies, maritime companies and so on do not pay above 150,000 naira to their entry level graduates?
Very Valid. How many unemployed graduates do you think this companies you mentioned employ in a year out of over 2million jobless graduates, maybe 5000 all of them put together and some employees are even outsourced as contract staff.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary by Mypeople2(m): 8:35am On Jan 21, 2018
SamuelAnyawu:
This is why I can only work with an NGO....Down here in Maiduguri our cleaners earn 125k monthly cool
Hmm .Please connect me to that job,but I want to be their supervisor earning more than 150k and supervising from Abuja
Re: This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 8:38am On Jan 21, 2018
LegitBoy:
Don't be deceieved by the mu h noise around public universities...most of them don't get good jobs.These private universities peeps get jobs in shell, chevron, and others.

A huge component of that is due r to the fact that the students come from wealthy well connected backgrounds to begin with; not because of the quality of education. Or do you wish to propose that Covenant University for instance is better than Uniben, UI or Nsuka ?
Re: This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary by Nobody: 8:40am On Jan 21, 2018
Thank God I made the 1.92 percent....
All thanks to GIS skills

1 Like

Re: This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary by Revolva(m): 8:40am On Jan 21, 2018
money wey people de take drink for club be dos 50- 100k....shameful country called naija....

3 Likes

Re: This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary by israelmao(m): 8:42am On Jan 21, 2018
zicoraads:

How far nau? I wee not mind that NGO work. I've always wanted to work for one.

Bro. take the manners from heaven!
Re: This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary by sexaddict08(m): 8:43am On Jan 21, 2018
Re: This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary by Chogglo(f): 8:45am On Jan 21, 2018
Happy Sunday to u all new in dis forum.
Re: This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary by BilltheDON(m): 8:51am On Jan 21, 2018
ARE YOU IN NEED OF PROJECT ,Thesis, Seminar papers and other Academic works.
Ben project center Is a resource center design to assist Students writing Projects ,Thesis, Seminar papers and other Academic works.

WE PROVIDE YOU WITH COMPLETE ,WELL TYPED AND ARRANGED PROJECT MATERIALS ON ANY TOPIC OF YOUR CHOICE
YOU CAN GET YOU MATERIALS BY

*TEXTING OR EMAILING YOUR PROJECT TOPIC.

IN A SITUATION WHERE YOUR CONFUSED ON WHICH TOPIC TO USE, YOU CAN CALL OR TEXT YOUR FIELD (COURSE) WE WILL HELP YOU OUT WITWE HAVE MATERIALS FOR ALL DEPARTMENT EXCEPT MEDICAL RELATED COURSES !

WE UNDERSTAND THE TIME FACTOR !!!!

FOR QUICK ORDER SMS YOUR PROJECT TOPIC TO 07069745187
OR SEND A MAIL TO ogide9@gmail.com
Re: This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary by Chogglo(f): 8:51am On Jan 21, 2018
Have work in a hostel in Lagos where dey pay graduate 25k and any mistake dey debit u like 5k and some of d graduate are married with children naija na useless country

2 Likes

Re: This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary by Desyner: 8:55am On Jan 21, 2018
LionDeLeo:

I know many products of public universities working with multinationals earning above 400k per month.
The research presents percentages and not 'many' or 'few'. You really think private unis will have as many grads as the public unis when most of them are still young and don't admit much ?
Common be reasonable.
Re: This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary by mightyhaze: 8:58am On Jan 21, 2018
Explorers:

Bros, this is real o.

Millions of nigeria men, graduates that are working with the state/local government, public secondary school teachers, state ministries are earning below 50k per month.

Before you hit 100k per month, you must have spent almost 10years in the service.
goodness gracious...

how do dey do it? poverty in nigeria is real then..

how do they pay children/ward school fees? house rent/mauntenance? feeding/clothing? transportation /vehicle repairs n fuelling, health care? etc etc
we talking about graduates here o, not some illiterate or semi literate population

2 Likes

Re: This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary by Nobody: 9:02am On Jan 21, 2018
Aspiregreat:
Is this publication insinuating that 80% of NL'ders take home 150 or even lesser? I don't believe this report ! that's somebody's pocket money somewhere.

It's a world-wide problem.
Re: This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary by hezy4real01(m): 9:12am On Jan 21, 2018
SnowJay92:

Same girl that was crawling to every musicians page begging for money? Believe things you read on the internet at your own peril
she will die begging
Re: This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary by Yoshy: 9:18am On Jan 21, 2018
SamuelAnyawu:

This is true, I have a friend that works there. The starting salary was 200k plus allowances
Re: This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary by edoman2016: 9:20am On Jan 21, 2018
If less than 2℅ Nigerian graduates earn 150,000 naira and above, then how come Nigerian graduates get money to buy car and build house with their low salaries?
Re: This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary by Nobody: 9:21am On Jan 21, 2018
LionDeLeo:

How dare you not give this credit to a university from Japan of Africa?

This report must have been compiled under one bridge in Ibadan.

We are discussing how poor youths are treated in this country.....and tribalism is all you can think of. Hope you know you are a fool.!
People like you are the reason why 100 years from now, Nigeria would still remain the way it is. And sadly, people like you are everywhere..How much do you take home every month? Abi you think you are still a child?

8 Likes

Re: This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary by Seahawk: 9:22am On Jan 21, 2018
Is that how they will afford their new sex dolls?
With less than $100 per month starting salary grin
That’s Chanel or Estée Lauder facial cleanser money.
Re: This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary by Seahawk: 9:23am On Jan 21, 2018
PrecisionFx:

It's a world-wide problem.
Nah. Not over here
Re: This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary by Nobody: 9:23am On Jan 21, 2018
edoman2016:
If less than 2℅ Nigerian graduates earn 150,000 naira and above, then how come Nigerian graduates get money to buy car and build house with their low salaries?

They are talking about Nigerians in Nigeria...and those doing legit jobs. YahooYahoo and bet9ja no join o

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sample Coren Technical Report / Since I Slept With My Staff She No Longer Respects Me Pls Advise Me / Gateman Crashes His Boss' New Car While Trying To Drive - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.