Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,545 members, 7,827,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

Ortom Reacts To Prof. Umar Labdo Muhammad's "Benue Belongs To Fulani" Claim - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ortom Reacts To Prof. Umar Labdo Muhammad's "Benue Belongs To Fulani" Claim (42004 Views)

Why We The Fulanis are destined To Lead-Prof Umar Labdo / FFK Reacts To Prof. Muhammad "Benue Belongs To Fulanis" Claim / Benue State Belongs To The Fulani By Right Of Conquest - Prof. Labdo Muhammad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ortom Reacts To Prof. Umar Labdo Muhammad's "Benue Belongs To Fulani" Claim by Emyogalanya: 10:13pm On Jan 18, 2018
sorom4:
So the news/story by the illiterate prof was true?

It's time we divide this nation before the Fulani people conquer the remaining states
tonyebarcanista
Re: Ortom Reacts To Prof. Umar Labdo Muhammad's "Benue Belongs To Fulani" Claim by Eluwilussit(m): 10:41pm On Jan 18, 2018
TheMystic:

Back it up with written historical facts and references.
Talk is cheap.

If "conquered", are tivs slaves today.

Many places worldwide were conquered one time or the other. Do you see there masters laying claims today?

A sh!thole country with stinky brains.

Let them go takeover the state now.

A small axe fells a gigantic tree.

Dey there de make noise. Na me be prof Labdo wey talk am? If Benue is not a conquered territory, let them do the needful. Let them prove Labdo and his fellow fulani shitheads wrong. I am the umpire. For now, Benue belongs to the Old Sokoto caliphate, led by the fulanis.
Re: Ortom Reacts To Prof. Umar Labdo Muhammad's "Benue Belongs To Fulani" Claim by fredpeter(m): 11:40pm On Jan 18, 2018
alohman:
the entire North and South West blong to Fulani if u don't like it you go and die
you will die first idiot. Did ur ancestors tell you that. See ur mouth. Kukuma go and collect Ghana too
Re: Ortom Reacts To Prof. Umar Labdo Muhammad's "Benue Belongs To Fulani" Claim by Shegzy8(m): 12:17am On Jan 19, 2018
Icecomrade:

The Igbos are the most widely travelled and settled in foreign lands than any other tribe in Nigeria.

Some have lived 100s of years in some states and communities

Yet there has never been any time where the claim indigene ship of another land.

They will never provoke their host into a fight with their manners, religion or social activity.

On the contrary

we have this tribe in this country that starts to milk their host like parasites once they are settled.

They claim indigene ship, provoke and kill their hosts

In turn, people make excuses for them and try to justify their actions.

The govt begins to consider policies that would favour them in the name of peace.

HOW DO WE JUSTIFIY THIS INPUNITY.

So the statement "lagos is no man's land" been said by mostly igbos is an act of what..every tribe has the problem just that the fulanis are uneducated and way too violent...how can you be accepted somewhere and because you have a sizeable figure you want to claim ownership...am an indegene of lagos....EPE to be precise but i reside in ikeja...would like to hear what you say about that
Re: Ortom Reacts To Prof. Umar Labdo Muhammad's "Benue Belongs To Fulani" Claim by poseidon12: 12:22am On Jan 19, 2018
Amarabae:
None of my business.
You joined forces with them in 1967.
pls enjoy the romance and stop disturbing us.

Yep. They messed up big time. They have been acting like fools, allowing themselves to be used (and dumped) by the North. I hope they have learnt their lesson.
Having said that, what is happening to Benue State is very much our business, more so if you are from the Southeast. If these Fulani terrorists are allowed to take over Benue State, then their next target will be the SE. So we need to support our Benue neighbors.
Re: Ortom Reacts To Prof. Umar Labdo Muhammad's "Benue Belongs To Fulani" Claim by pazienza(m): 1:32am On Jan 19, 2018
Fulani Herdsmen are nigerians and are northerners. Benue is north. Benue should give peace a chance and stop beating the drum of war!

How can you not alow Fulani cows graze in peace in a one indivisible nigeria and one indivisible north? Now you are talking about arming yourselves....this war you people of Benue is asking for won't be good when it finally starts.

Benue should channel their grievances through their senators, house of reps and government officials. Arming themselves against Herdsmen is not in the constitution of nigeria.

They can form a new political party and send those who share their ideology of arming themselves and removing themselves from "one indivisible north" to represent them.

They should look at how Catalonians and Spain and politicians and office holders are speaking for them. Instead of spreading hate speech and trying to divide nigeria and the north, they should use their popularity and form a political party that will vote their people as president and reps and people to control the entire north/north-central and the armed forces.

Benue should stop this hate speaches against Fulani, they should know by now that nigeria's unity and northern unity is non negotiable! And the cow meat from Fulani is very important, more important than human lives according to my friend Akatu Simon who is from Benue.

Talking about arming yourselves to fight Fulani Herdsmen is beating the drum of war! A word is enough for the......

#Copied

1 Like

Re: Ortom Reacts To Prof. Umar Labdo Muhammad's "Benue Belongs To Fulani" Claim by pazienza(m): 1:34am On Jan 19, 2018
The above was how hateful Igbophobic Benue people sounded when the Python danced in the east.

Too bad, that smug in the faces didn't last for long.

One thing about injustice, is that injustice at one place, is injustice everywhere.

They now have to carry their Nigerian albatross themselves.

I even saw an article where the Tor of Tiv was lamenting Tiv current ordeal, while reminding the Nigerian government how they helped them win the Civil War against the Igbos

God be with Benue people.

1 Like

Re: Ortom Reacts To Prof. Umar Labdo Muhammad's "Benue Belongs To Fulani" Claim by billyG(m): 7:48am On Jan 19, 2018
GreatMahmud:

I wonder why they are disturbing us. Let them (the Benue indegenes) face their war. May be they are waiting for Biafra to come & fight for them. They havent seen anything yet. Shebi na dem help Hausa/Fulani kill Igbos between 1967-1970..Ok na, Fulani will soon make them extinct and take over their ancestral home..
dnt b sillly,dey are evil wind that blow nobody any good today is benue,tomorrow can storm yur ancestorial huts.
Re: Ortom Reacts To Prof. Umar Labdo Muhammad's "Benue Belongs To Fulani" Claim by billyG(m): 7:52am On Jan 19, 2018
Rolings:
The prof may be right. He said 'part' of benue state belong to bauchi emirate . Most of the herdsmen clashes occur in the northern parts of benue particularly areas along the banks of the river benue . An area fulanis have been grazing for long and there are claims of existence of an african grazing route around that area. Annual migration of cattle down south in dry season and up north in the rainy season is a regular spectacle around this areas.
Historically the prof claim can be backed by facts that the tivs (mostly affected) lived (after migrating from Congo area) mainly in the southern areas of lower river benue and along the banks of river kastina ala and other tributaries.
the tivs might have expanded accross the river and have been living with these fulanis peacefully for decades until these crisis started.
stop that boy!fulani has no land anywher,which state are dey from?
Re: Ortom Reacts To Prof. Umar Labdo Muhammad's "Benue Belongs To Fulani" Claim by Nobody: 7:57am On Jan 19, 2018

Re: Ortom Reacts To Prof. Umar Labdo Muhammad's "Benue Belongs To Fulani" Claim by billyG(m): 8:04am On Jan 19, 2018
This benue gov.feeble reply to dis mad prof. fall ma hand,he shld hav vehemently repremand him,or is he afraid 2 rock d terrorist boat.haba!
Re: Ortom Reacts To Prof. Umar Labdo Muhammad's "Benue Belongs To Fulani" Claim by bikefab(m): 8:23am On Jan 19, 2018
The Benue state government does not even have a convincing response...*yimu*
Re: Ortom Reacts To Prof. Umar Labdo Muhammad's "Benue Belongs To Fulani" Claim by Daewang: 12:30pm On Jan 19, 2018
They allied themselves with fulanis against Igbos so they should enjoy their alliance.
Re: Ortom Reacts To Prof. Umar Labdo Muhammad's "Benue Belongs To Fulani" Claim by Rotji(m): 1:01pm On Jan 19, 2018
meditate:
"There is neither historical, archaeological, nor anthropological evidence to indicate that the Fulanis’ ever inhabited the Benue Valley at any time before the advent of the Tiv people.

What is a veritable and verifiable historical fact is that the forces of the 1804 Islamic Jihad, led by Uthman Dan Fodio, were defeated at the Ushongo hills in Tiv land. That explains why Islam could not be imposed on the Tiv people, nor Emirs appointed to rule Tiv land.

“The recent claim by Miyetti Allah Kautal Hore, that they were in the Benue Valley before the Tiv, is ridiculous; it is a tissue of lies concocted from the pit of hell to support a desperate and diabolical claim on Tiv ancestral lands.

“Knowing who the Fulanis’ are, and their penchant for changing historical narratives to benefit their designs, we are not surprised. They have severally attempted to hoist a post-jihad narrative of Northern Nigeria’s identity, which seeks to conscript Northern minorities into a monolithic North in which they are a mere footstool for the caliphate.

“For the avoidance of doubt, the Fulanis’ claim of having settled in the Benue Valley before the Tiv is a lie, because their attempt to change the narrative at this belated time confirms our suspicion that their interest in the Benue Valley is more than the grass they seek for their cattle.

“It is a devious strategy to secure illegal rights to Tiv ancestral lands, in order to exploit the political and religious opportunities that come with such rights.

“We challenge the Fulani to tell the world where and when the Tiv displaced them in order to settle in the Benue Valley.”

Edward Ujege (July 2017)

Don't mind the deluded so called Prof. If the Fulani Jihadists were unable to penetrate and conquer the tribes of the Plateau Hills and Hinterlands how would they have reached the Benue?! The tribes of the Plateau Ngas (Angas), the Biroms, the Goemais, the Tarohs etc till tomorrow pride themselves in the fact that they were undefeated by the Islamic Fulani Jihadists. Normally you'll have to go through the above tribes before you can reach the Tivs and other Benue tribes.

The Fulani Jihadists did not conquer the Kanuris of Bornu that's why you don't have Emirs there, go through all the Emirates in Nigeria you'll discover that from top down to District levels of administration the Emirates control all appointments. Yes even down to District Heads where you have what they refer to as "Hakimis", all Hakimis are appointed by the Emirs in charge of each Emirate. There are no such Hakimis in Plateau State not to talk of Benue, evidence of Fulani conquest is always confirmed by a people being ruled and administered by and Emir or an Emirate, with such people and tribes being subjects to the Emirate.

Remember even when the British came and did some form of political and administrative restructuring of the Northern Protectorates, under no time was the Benue/Plateau subject to any Emirate.

So anyone who took the statements of the attention seeking Professor serious should be reminded that the Prof was just trying hard to be a comedian and it's just not working. And believe me gullible Hausa/Northern man who is sympathetic to the Fulani Jihadists will even be propagating the nonsense.

I'm disappointed that even FFK did not give a reasonable response to the Prof.
Re: Ortom Reacts To Prof. Umar Labdo Muhammad's "Benue Belongs To Fulani" Claim by Icecomrade: 2:07pm On Jan 19, 2018
Shegzy8:

So the statement "lagos is no man's land" been said by mostly igbos is an act of what..every tribe has the problem just that the fulanis are uneducated and way too violent...how can you be accepted somewhere and because you have a sizeable figure you want to claim ownership...am an indegene of lagos....EPE to be precise but i reside in ikeja...would like to hear what you say about that

Am simply not aware of what is happening at Epe. However based on your assertion is still maintain that even though an Igbo person says Lagos is a No Mans Land, he will never claim ownership or indegeneship of Lagos state. To buttress this point, No matter where an Igbo person lives, at death the person must be returned to his or her homeland for burial. That further state strongly that No matter how comfortable an Igbo person finds a strange land, he recognizes the fact that its not his home, he does belong their.

Let me state further that there Sabon Gari in Kano state is hugely dominated by the Igbos. Apata and Busabuji in Jos is hugely dominated by the Igbos. Porthacourt is hugely dominated by the Igbos let me mention places I am very conversant with. Yet they don't forment trouble. They live in peace with their host.

let me also add that in the same Jos where the Igbo's dominate the aforementioned areas, the Hausa's and Hausa Fulani Dominates Bauchi road and Angwan Rogo but the foment trouble every now and then. They are responsible for Jos crisis in 2001, and 2009. Where wanton human live and properties were lost. Reason they claim that they have lived in Jos for long and should be recognized as indigenes and not settlers. Among their demands was that they deserve to produce Chairman of Jos North LGA.

This has nothing to do with illiteracy, this just them and the domineering way of life. Kill and rule.

I was born in the North and I grew there. I think I am in a better position to speak about them. Its not about castigating anyone.

would love to have your response.
Re: Ortom Reacts To Prof. Umar Labdo Muhammad's "Benue Belongs To Fulani" Claim by TheMystic: 12:05am On Jan 20, 2018
Eluwilussit:

Dey there de make noise. Na me be prof Labdo wey talk am? If Benue is not a conquered territory, let them do the needful. Let them prove Labdo and his fellow fulani shitheads wrong. I am the umpire. For now, Benue belongs to the Old Sokoto caliphate, led by the fulanis.

Bull
Re: Ortom Reacts To Prof. Umar Labdo Muhammad's "Benue Belongs To Fulani" Claim by naijaking1: 4:54am On Jan 20, 2018
Nigeria needs to find a way to get rid of all the emirs and Fulani rulers that has held us hostage and from developing for the past 100 years
Re: Ortom Reacts To Prof. Umar Labdo Muhammad's "Benue Belongs To Fulani" Claim by Shegzy8(m): 9:29am On Jan 20, 2018
Icecomrade:

Am simply not aware of what is happening at Epe. However based on your assertion is still maintain that even though an Igbo person says Lagos is a No Mans Land, he will never claim ownership or indegeneship of Lagos state. To buttress this point, No matter where an Igbo person lives, at death the person must be returned to his or her homeland for burial. That further state strongly that No matter how comfortable an Igbo person finds a strange land, he recognizes the fact that its not his home, he does belong their.

Let me state further that there Sabon Gari in Kano state is hugely dominated by the Igbos. Apata and Busabuji in Jos is hugely dominated by the Igbos. Porthacourt is hugely dominated by the Igbos let me mention places I am very conversant with. Yet they don't forment trouble. They live in peace with their host.

let me also add that in the same Jos where the Igbo's dominate the aforementioned areas, the Hausa's and Hausa Fulani Dominates Bauchi road and Angwan Rogo but the foment trouble every now and then. They are responsible for Jos crisis in 2001, and 2009. Where wanton human live and properties were lost. Reason they claim that they have lived in Jos for long and should be recognized as indigenes and not settlers. Among their demands was that they deserve to produce Chairman of Jos North LGA.

This has nothing to do with illiteracy, this just them and the domineering way of life. Kill and rule.

I was born in the North and I grew there. I think I am in a better position to speak about them. Its not about castigating anyone.

would love to have your response.

Well i am an indigene of epe but i reside in ikeja..i have never been to the north so i definitely cant get to oppose you cause you have lived almost all your life there...i think the hausas are peaceful people and just like the fulanis they tend to believe they own and rule the north..they tend to be less aggressive outside the north(hausas in particular), i know some and they dont cause trouble, only a few of them do and sometimes they are been provoked cause they are been taken for granted...
I would say the places you mentioned above cant be compared as a case of study to whats happening in lag..you cant compare the number of igbos in lagos to the aforementioned states or places..same is been practiced here also, some igbos think cause they have resided here all there lives they can contest for elections..or havent you heard that before?..am against no tribe cause we all have our flaws and have to accept it.....am just against making one tribe look all good and the other all bad..igbos are great people and i have so many as close pals

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West / Benue Massacre: Doyin Okupe Provides Shocking Revelations / Gas Explosion At Iyana Isashi, Lagos - Residents Burnt Alive (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.