Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,266 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Olamide Kolade (make-up Artist) Covers Sugasm Magazine - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Olamide Kolade (make-up Artist) Covers Sugasm Magazine (1024 Views)

Meet Ifeoluwa Alonge: Make-up Artist Transforms The Disabled With Her Skill / Make-up Artist Beautifully Transformed A Grandma To An Aunty (photos) / Adegoke Rasheed Kolade Wins Mr. Universe Nigeria 2017 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olamide Kolade (make-up Artist) Covers Sugasm Magazine by funsho75(m): 2:10am On Jan 19, 2018
[url]sugasm.com[/url]
EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH OLAMIDE KOLADE (MAKE-UP ARTIST)
CAN WE MEET YOU?

My name is Olamide Kolade, I am a makeup artist that provides makeup services on beauty and special effects makeup. I am a graduate of the Federal University of Technology, Akure.

WE WOULD LIKE TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR INSPIRATION
I have always loved constructive art, any kind of art had/has my attention! I was doing makeup for myself and friends for quite a while, I think between 2012 and 2014 until I finally learnt in 2014 but before I learnt I have been watching videos and practicing, so I would say when I decided to learn, it came easy.

WHEN DID YOU ACTIALLY START?
I would say I started unofficially in 2014 when I learnt, but officially in 2017.
WHAT PRODUCT OF THE FASHION INDUSTRY DO YOU REPRESENT?
The makeup industry

HOW DID YOU GO THROUGH THE FIRST TIMER TOUGH MOMENT? Well I’d say there was no tough moment perse when learning but getting products to push was hard. I had little or no finance to get at least affordable products to grow myself.

http://sugasm.com/2018/01/18/exclusive-interview-with-olamide-kolade-make-up-artist/

Re: Olamide Kolade (make-up Artist) Covers Sugasm Magazine by funsho75(m): 2:10am On Jan 19, 2018
WHAT WAS THE REACTION OF YOUR PEOPLE TO YOUR DECISION?
My mom took my makeup decision likely but my dad didn’t o.. At all. My mom was indifferent but was wondering the kind of makeup I liked because I show her some makeup pictures and she goes like ‘ki le leyi’ meaning what is this because it’s either a gory makeup look or a weird makeup painting but my dad.. He never liked makeup, he always says to his ‘girls’ cos we’re all girls that ‘you are beautiful and you don’t need makeup’ it took so long begging and begging and wailing.. Lol before he kind of allowed me to go into it. Although now they know it’s like my 9-5, they’ve come to accept it as my profession.

WHAT WAS YOUR INITIAL DREAM LIKE?
My dream has always been to be one of the best artists in my field and own a respectable makeup brand which is still my dream.
WHAT IS YOUR MOST CHALLENGING MOMENT AS A MAKE-UP ARTIST AND HOW YOU GOT THROUGH?
Finance was the thing for me. Finance caused me so many things I couldn’t afford and it definitely caused me challenging moments because there are so many times I just get into that ‘moment’ thinking of how my business is from where I want it to be.

DO YOU THINK THAT MAKEOVER SHOULD BE WORN EVERYDAY?
There should be moderation to everything. No I don’t think makeup should be worn daily because it’s always advisable to let your skin breathe from time to time so as to avoid a damaged skin.
Re: Olamide Kolade (make-up Artist) Covers Sugasm Magazine by funsho75(m): 2:11am On Jan 19, 2018
WHAT ARE THE DO’S AND DON’TS OF MAKEUP APPLICATION?
Do’s
*always moisturise your skin before applying makeup
*always match your face to the rest of your body, so you don’t have a fanta face and a Coca-Cola body.. If you know what I mean.
*everything about makeup is apply-blend. Whatever you’re applying, make sure it’s blended the right way.
Don’ts
*do not sleep with makeup on your face
*do not use primer and makeup everyday, allow your skin to breathe
*do not use dirty sponges or brushes on your face, if you must do, sanitize them well.

Re: Olamide Kolade (make-up Artist) Covers Sugasm Magazine by funsho75(m): 2:12am On Jan 19, 2018
HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT TYPE OF MAKEUP TO APPLY?
What type of makeup, do you mean products? If yes. You can use any good product that matches not only your skin tone but also your skin type.
TALKONG ABOUT PRODUCT, WHAT PRODUCT WOULD YOU RECOMMEND THAT IS GOOD AND AFFORDABLE?
There are so many products from different brands that are good and affordable. I’ll list a few below
Hegai and Esther (H&E), Zaron cosmetics, Elsas pro, rlgcosmetics, beauty line, wynnk lashes, Maybelline, Milani, Mary Kay, iamladyveebeauty, Zikel cosmetics among others.

HOW CAN YOU ENCOURAGE OTHERS WHO BELIEVE IN THIS LINE OF FASHION?
I’ll say, if you’re passionate about it, go for it despite all the challenges that may come. Keep pushing, one day you’ll break through. Most importantly, NEVER GIVE UP!

http://sugasm.com for more
http://sugasm.com/2018/01/18/exclusive-interview-with-olamide-kolade-make-up-artist/

(1) (Reply)

Designer Crocodile Leather Handbags. / Whatsapp Makeup Class | Join / Women: Do You Compliment Beautiful Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.