Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,796 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:04 PM

Isaiah 42:8 Is It Same With This Song "...Share your Glory With Anybody....? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Isaiah 42:8 Is It Same With This Song "...Share your Glory With Anybody....? (7862 Views)

42 Prayer Points To Tackle This Year 2015 By Dr D.k Olukoya / Rescue Your Glory / 5 Nights Of Glory With Pastor David Ibiyeomie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Isaiah 42:8 Is It Same With This Song "...Share your Glory With Anybody....? by luckyCO(m): 2:51pm On Apr 13, 2010
Dear Friends
I have been thinking about this song people sing in the church but cannot understand it fully.
I shared it with people and they said what they mean not what they song is.

See the song below;
"I am the Lord That is My Name You Will[b] Never Share[/b] Your Glory With Anybody Almighty God That is Your Name"

Below is Is 42:8
I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images(KJV).

I am the LORD; that is my name!
I will not give my glory to another
or my praise to idols(NIV)

I am the LORD; that is my name;
(A) my glory I give to no other,
nor my praise to carved idols(ESV).

I sang it with then before until I came across;

Romans 8:17
2 Thessalonian 2:14
1 Peter 5:1

Then I no longer feel comfortable with the song.

Please make your comment.
Re: Isaiah 42:8 Is It Same With This Song "...Share your Glory With Anybody....? by Enigma(m): 4:32pm On Apr 13, 2010
I suspect this question is being asked from the perspective of a CEC member! Anyway you may start your quest for an answer by taking your time to study the first passage given below together with the passages that you referred to, one of which is the second --- and indeed all the other passages that you yourself cited:

1 Tim 3:16

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

1 Pet 5:1

The elders who are among you I exhort, I who am a fellow elder and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that will be revealed

Oju n'kan awon ara CEC!
Re: Isaiah 42:8 Is It Same With This Song "...Share your Glory With Anybody....? by luckyCO(m): 11:24pm On Apr 13, 2010
I dont understand!, what is CEC Member?
Re: Isaiah 42:8 Is It Same With This Song "...Share your Glory With Anybody....? by Enigma(m): 11:26pm On Apr 13, 2010
Sorry about CEC references; you can ignore those, it was me being prickly and funny.
Re: Isaiah 42:8 Is It Same With This Song "...Share your Glory With Anybody....? by noetic16(m): 11:33pm On Apr 13, 2010
The glorification of the saints is a future event. . . . .that aside, the glory of the saints CANNOT be quantified with the glory of God.
So when as saints in the bossom of the father, we are glorified (to the shame of the sons of satan in hell) we would still sing that song. . .because our glory is to the glory of God.
Re: Isaiah 42:8 Is It Same With This Song "...Share your Glory With Anybody....? by luckyCO(m): 12:43am On Apr 14, 2010
Does that mean that the song is purely correct?
Re: Isaiah 42:8 Is It Same With This Song "...Share your Glory With Anybody....? by noetic16(m): 12:44am On Apr 14, 2010
luckyCO:

Does that mean that the song is purely correct?

Yup.
Re: Isaiah 42:8 Is It Same With This Song "...Share your Glory With Anybody....? by luckyCO(m): 12:54am On Apr 14, 2010
How, please explain more? What are talking about here is NOT Give but Share!
Re: Isaiah 42:8 Is It Same With This Song "...Share your Glory With Anybody....? by noetic16(m): 1:05am On Apr 14, 2010
1. the saints of God will be glorified in due time as the father wills. we shall reign with JC in eternity. That is our glorification from the father.

2. the glory of God is depicted in worship and submission to His will. So on earth and in heaven the glory of God is supreme simply because He is God. . . .the creator of all things.

3. To share God's glory is to take credit for God's work.

4. saints will not be sharing God's glory as we take no credit for His work. . . , but the saints will be beautified thus glorified by the father . . . .because we overcame the tribulations of the earth and primarily because it pleases the father that we be glorified.

5. God remains God and His glory will not be shared.
Re: Isaiah 42:8 Is It Same With This Song "...Share your Glory With Anybody....? by Mudley313: 2:00am On Apr 14, 2010
noetic16:

1. the saints of God will be glorified in due time as the father wills. we shall reign with JC in eternity. That is our glorification from the father.

the glory of God is depicted in worship and submission to His will
. So on earth and in heaven the glory of God is supreme simply because He is God. . . .the creator of all things.

4. saints will not be sharing God's glory as we take no credit for His work. . . , but the saints will be beautified thus glorified by the father . . . .because we overcame the tribulations of the earth and primarily because it pleases the father that we be glorified.

5. God remains God
and His glory will not be shared.

why is dis una god so obssessed wit being worshiped n being heaped on wit praise n glory? dude must have been really lonely b4 he created u guys to come feed his over-bloated ego. such a superficially vainglorious entity
Re: Isaiah 42:8 Is It Same With This Song "...Share your Glory With Anybody....? by luckyCO(m): 2:03am On Apr 14, 2010
Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory. NIV
Why is that it is contradicted in ur 5th reason
Re: Isaiah 42:8 Is It Same With This Song "...Share your Glory With Anybody....? by Enigma(m): 8:07am On Apr 14, 2010
@luckyCO

It should nor be taboo for you to go back and do a bit of studying. OK start with the very last passage you quoted:

Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory. NIV

Ask yourself a few questions including how do you share in His sufferings in order that you might also share His glory!
Re: Isaiah 42:8 Is It Same With This Song "...Share your Glory With Anybody....? by Joagbaje(m): 9:20am On Apr 14, 2010
Enigma:

I suspect this question is being asked from the perspective of a CEC member! Anyway you may start your quest for an answer by taking your time to study the first passage given below together with the passages that you referred to, one of which is the second --- and indeed all the other passages that you yourself cited:

1 Tim 3:16

1 Pet 5:1

Oju n'kan awon ara CEC!

This is good, at least you acknowledge the fact that CEC members have insights that many lack into the scriptures
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Isaiah 42:8 Is It Same With This Song "...Share your Glory With Anybody....? by Joagbaje(m): 9:28am On Apr 14, 2010
A christian is born in the image of God. he is part of God. So the song is not apllicable to the new creation.
John 17:21-22
That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. [22] And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

2 Cor. 3:18
But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the[b] glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory,[/b] even as by the Spirit of the Lord.
Re: Isaiah 42:8 Is It Same With This Song "...Share your Glory With Anybody....? by Enigma(m): 11:58am On Apr 14, 2010
Joagbaje:

This is good, at least you acknowledge  the fact that CEC members have insights that many lack into the scriptures
grin grin grin grin grin

Nope! As ever, your poor comprehension means you misunderstand my post. The "insights" of CEC members that we have seen here are mostly heresies!

Joagbaje:

A christian is born in the image of God. he is part of God.  So the song is not apllicable to the new creation.

Again, as ever, you don't know what you are talking about and display your ignorance with typically misplaced arrogance. As has already been pointed out above, the song is quite accurate.
Re: Isaiah 42:8 Is It Same With This Song "...Share your Glory With Anybody....? by noetic16(m): 1:52pm On Apr 14, 2010
Joagbaje:

A christian is born in the image of God. he is part of God. So the song is not apllicable to the new creation.

None of the scriptures u quoted supports ur assertion. Christians ARE NOT a part of God.
Christians await a spiritual transformation to reign with Christ.
Re: Isaiah 42:8 Is It Same With This Song "...Share your Glory With Anybody....? by luckyCO(m): 1:56pm On Apr 14, 2010
Honestly I didnt post this for the purpose of blasphemy or calling names. My sole intention is to understand the song the more concerning the word SHARE and GIVE which was expressly used and why the contradiction and thereby establishing the efficacy of the song.

Though few artist have re-sang the song this way;

1. You are the Lord that is your Name U will never Give Ur glory to anybody,
2. You are the Lord that is your Name U will never share Ur Glory with any Idol,

Bible said we can share in the glory of God, since Christ is the Glory of God, if we share in his suffering we can also share in His glory.

Philippians says; we are matured man if we have full nature of Christ in us.
Mth 5:48 We must be perfect like Father in Heaven is Perfect.

I dont want us to apply human reasoning, let us apply what we know about God based on His words.

By human reason, a lady one time after having though of how big Christ is said "Christ is not a prophet, He is too big to be called a prophet", she even went ahead and try to stop other people from calling Christ a prophet until she was stopped by Rev. Fr through knowledge of humility & nature of Christ.

Please I need more explanations.
Re: Isaiah 42:8 Is It Same With This Song "...Share your Glory With Anybody....? by Enigma(m): 3:01pm On Apr 14, 2010
luckyCO:

Go and do the assignment you were given i.e. do the study recommended!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The people changing the song are misinformed.
Re: Isaiah 42:8 Is It Same With This Song "...Share your Glory With Anybody....? by luckyCO(m): 1:00am On Apr 16, 2010
Well I dont know what u mean by study what what,

I have read it, except if u are done with what u know then I must say thanks for your little contribution.
Re: Isaiah 42:8 Is It Same With This Song "...Share your Glory With Anybody....? by Enigma(m): 1:21am On Apr 16, 2010
"Read" may be just go over the words on the page.

"Study" involves asking questions and searching/looking for answers --- often the answers can be found elsewhere in the Bible, so you need to learn cross referencing. You need to not be lazy ------- I say this because on this very thread, you have been given a lot of information and questions to help your "study"; it seems you have not followed them up!

OK let us start your "study" with a simple question/exercise: how do you understand noetic16's post on this thread?
Re: Isaiah 42:8 Is It Same With This Song "...Share your Glory With Anybody....? by luckyCO(m): 5:12am On Apr 17, 2010
noetic16:

2. the glory of God is depicted in worship and submission to His will. So on earth and in heaven the glory of God is supreme simply because He is God. . . .the creator of all things.

5. God remains God and His glory will not be shared.

I dont understand him because he didn't make any ref to bible.

What about if I make this comments?
1. We are image of God
2. We are in Christ,Christ In God
3. God is our inheritance.
4. God is our Father
Above can be found in the bible.

Lets speak small of inheritance as it is used in OOP (Computing).
IF B is inherited from A, it means B depends on A and have,needs,deserves everything from A for survival which A must surrender to B.
The idea is A is the one controlling B because once A is changed B must change. In any case you can I identify B structurally when you look at A. It could be that B is purely A with another frame.

With the above statement, am thinking twice.

Concerning your comment study.

I have asked many people about this including pastor, one pastor told me some1 asked such in his church and he corrected them to give instead of share as said in the Is 42:8.
Others said what they mean is ,

But we are not talking about what you mean when you are saying what was not said.
My concern is why Share is used where Give should have been used as was written in the scripture which contradicts with about 3 books in the new testament by 2 authors Peter & paul?
Re: Isaiah 42:8 Is It Same With This Song "...Share your Glory With Anybody....? by Enigma(m): 7:19am On Apr 17, 2010
luckyCO:

I dont understand him because he didn't make any ref to bible.

Whether or not he made reference to the bible, what he said is really simple and clear!

luckyCO:

What about if I make this comments?
1. We are image of God
2. We are in Christ,Christ In God
3. God is our inheritance.
4. God is our Father
Above can be found in the bible.

Does any of that mean we are "gods"? Does any of that mean we NOW have or share every characteristic or attribute of God?

luckyCO:

Lets speak small of inheritance as it is used in OOP (Computing).
IF B is inherited from A, it means B depends on A and have,needs,deserves everything from A for survival which A must surrender to B.
The idea is A is the one controlling B because once A is changed B must change. In any case you can I identify B structurally when you look at A. It could be that B is purely A with another frame.

With the above statement, am thinking twice.

This analogy is not sufficient or good enough to describe the relationship between God and man.

luckyCO:

Concerning your comment study.

I have asked many people about this including pastor, one pastor told me some1 asked such in his church and he corrected them to give instead of share as said in the Is 42:8.

That means you have not done the study. Asking people is not necessarily the same as studying. While it is good to seek help and to learn from others, it is not a good idea to be lazy. I have explained what I meant when I asked you to study earlier, have you done what I asked you to do?

luckyCO:

Others said what they mean is ,

But we are not talking about what you mean when you are saying what was not said.
My concern is why Share is used where Give should have been used as was written in the scripture which contradicts with about 3 books in the new testament by 2 authors Peter & paul?

Whether "share" or "give" is used is not of great importance. Second you are wrong and the Bible does not contradict itself on the matter.

I will give you one more chance: go back and read and try to understand the comments on this thread AND go back and do the exercises that you have been asked to do. We will know by your post if you have done them and will then be encouraged to help you. At the moment, it seems either your mind is made up anyway or you just want spoon-feeding!
Re: Isaiah 42:8 Is It Same With This Song "...Share your Glory With Anybody....? by Enigma(m): 8:35am On Apr 17, 2010
@luckyCO

I make one concession: OK Isaiah 42:8 says give and not share; for that reason you have a point in relation to your first group who change the song to
1. You are the Lord that is your Name U will never Give your glory to anybody,

However, whether the matter is "give" or "share" ----------- the exercise set for you is in relation to when it will be fulfilled.
Re: Isaiah 42:8 Is It Same With This Song "...Share your Glory With Anybody....? by luckyCO(m): 10:33pm On Apr 17, 2010
So what is the truth SHARE or GIVE?
It seems you are dancing around it?

I want you to generate more bible ref. to support those who are singing SHARE.
The reason am pressing this is that I have opinion that if God didn't share His glory with man according to gospel due (Peter & Paul) one will not inherit the kingdom of God whether now or later.

If the above statement is true then the song is not needed.

Enigma:

Whether or not he made reference to the bible, what he said is really simple and clear!

Does any of that mean we are "gods"? Does any of that mean we NOW have or share every characteristic or attribute of God?
Bible Says we are gods!
From the analysis God Created us from His own image and likeness, check what that means!

This analogy is not sufficient or good enough to describe the relationship between God and man.
There is no way I can say as exhaustive as possible man's relationship with God

Whether "share" or "give" is used is not of great importance. Second you are wrong and the Bible does not contradict itself on the matter.

I have not said that bible contradicts itself here, u may check my post from the beginning. My concern is the song extracted from Is 42:8 which contradicts with Peter & paul's letters.
I dont think I have gone beyond this assertion.

Give and Share cannot be the same that is why it is important that we understand what we sing. If actually it is Is 42:8 was the base of the song, then I can see reason why the song has been changed.

Please make your reasons and stop sending me to another critical thinking school.

Let me know how share and give mean the same, and let me see another bible Ref where God said He will not share His glory with man.
Re: Isaiah 42:8 Is It Same With This Song "...Share your Glory With Anybody....? by Enigma(m): 11:17pm On Apr 17, 2010
luckyCO

As I suspected you are a member of Christ Embassy and a WoFer who believes himself to be a "god" --- one of the "gods" that shall die like men according to Psalm 82:7!

Leaving that aside: OK the Bible says a Christian will share in the glory of God ---- when do you think that will happen? Immediately, he becomes a Christian? Later in his Christian walk but still in this life? Or in the world to come when the kingdom of God comes?
Re: Isaiah 42:8 Is It Same With This Song "...Share your Glory With Anybody....? by luckyCO(m): 12:07am On Apr 18, 2010
The best way to discuss to learn is to stick to a topic after which a conclusion is drawn, knowledge will come and God is glorified then one can move to another topic.

The reason why there are much noise between Arsenal and Chelsea Fan is because everyone wants to bring in new topic(s) without finishing the existing one.

My major concern is why the bible says in Peter & John that man can share God's glory but from your propositions you don't support what the bible said.

If a man can share God's glory at all, then why not accept that in the song GIVE should be used instead of SHARE which is clearly stated in the bible.

Enigma:

luckyCO

As I suspected you are a member of Christ Embassy and a WoFer who believes himself to be a "god" --- one of the "gods" that shall die like men according to Psalm 82:7!

I must not to be a member of Christ Embassy before I quote what is in the bible nor believe what I saw; the true message of Christ.

When a question was thrown to Christ, in response He asked them Is it not written in the book that you are gods, ?

Leaving that aside: OK the Bible says a Christian will share in the glory of God ---- when do you think that will happen? Immediately, he becomes a Christian? Later in his Christian walk but still in this life? Or in the world to come when the kingdom of God comes?

Are we in agreement now that those who changed the song from SHARE to GIVE are in consonance with the bible?
If you are convinced then I have to go and read bible to answer your question since that hasn't been revealed to me and it is not good to make anyhow statement hence many people are reading.

My major reason for this post is understand whether SHARE=GIVE biblically or whether anyone can help find out a Ref. where God said He will not share His glory with His children.

If we ascertain that He didn't say so then you have added more help to my research,we can make your question a new topic!
Re: Isaiah 42:8 Is It Same With This Song "...Share your Glory With Anybody....? by e36991: 12:08am On Apr 18, 2010
LuckyCO:

Dear Friends

I have been thinking about this song people sing in the church but cannot understand it fully.

I shared it with people and they said what they mean not what they song is.

See the song below;

"I am the Lord That is My Name You Will Never Share Your Glory With Anybody Almighty God That is Your Name"

Below is Is 42:8

I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images (KJV).

I am the LORD; that is my name! I will not give my glory to another or my praise to idols (NIV)

I am the LORD; that is my name; (A) my glory I give to no other, nor my praise to carved idols (ESV).

I sang it with then before until I came across;

2 Thessalonians 2:14
1 Peter 5:1

Then I no longer feel comfortable with the song.

Please make your comment.

luckyCO:

Honestly I didnt post this for the purpose of blasphemy or calling names.

My sole intention is to understand the song the more concerning the word SHARE and GIVE which was expressly used and why the contradiction

and thereby establishing the efficacy of the song.

Though few artist have re-sang the song this way;

1. You are the Lord that is your Name U will never Give your glory to anybody,
2. You are the Lord that is your Name U will never share your Glory with any Idol,

Bible said we can share in the glory of God, since Christ is the Glory of God, if we share in his suffering we can also share in His glory.

Philippians says; we are matured man if we have full nature of Christ in us.

Mth 5:48 We must be perfect like Father in Heaven is Perfect.

I dont want us to apply human reasoning, let us apply what we know about God based on His words.

luckyCO:

So what is the truth SHARE or GIVE?

It seems you are dancing around it?

I want you to generate more bible ref. to support those who are singing SHARE.

The reason am pressing this is that I have opinion that if God didn't share His glory with man

according to gospel due (Peter & Paul) one will not inherit the kingdom of God whether now or later.

If the above statement is true then the song is not needed.

Bible Says we are gods!

From the analysis God Created us from His own image and likeness, check what that means!

There is no way I can say as exhaustive as possible man's relationship with God

I have not said that bible contradicts itself here, u may check my post from the beginning.

My concern is the song extracted from Is 42:8 which contradicts with Peter & Paul's letters.

I dont think I have gone beyond this assertion.

Give and Share cannot be the same that is why it is important that we understand what we sing.

If actually it is Is 42:8 was the base of the song, then I can see reason why the song has been changed.

Please make your reasons and stop sending me to another critical thinking school.

Let me know how share and give mean the same, and let me see another bible Ref where God said He will not share His glory with man.

@LuckyCO

This is not a complex or complicated issue at all

I'll try to be as brief as possible, starting with the OT reference (i.e. Is 42:8 )

There is only one LORD (i.e. OWNER) GOD, the Owner's charateristics is not given to a wannabe owner nor the recognition to idol(s)

Concerning the NT references, believers will share in the charateristics of God through the Lord Jesus Christ

Crude parallel; President Robert Mugabe of Zimbabwe did not give power to the opposition leader Prime Minister Morgan Richard Tsvangirai

but rather shared power with him

Bottom line give and share; they are closely related but aren't bed fellows

PS Take heed of Enigma's hint.

For clarity, study the meaning of glory in a Hebrew and Greek context and the background surrounding how the verses arose
Re: Isaiah 42:8 Is It Same With This Song "...Share your Glory With Anybody....? by luckyCO(m): 12:23am On Apr 18, 2010
e36991:

@LuckyCO

This is not a complex or complicated issue at all

I'll try to be as brief as possible, starting with the OT reference (i.e. Is 42:8 )

There is only one LORD (i.e. OWNER) GOD, the Owner's charateristics is not given to a wannabe owner nor the recognition to idol(s)

the Owner's charateristics is not given to a wannabe owner nor the recognition to idol(s)
what do you mean by wannabe owner?

Concerning the NT references, believers will share in the charateristics of God through the Lord Jesus Christ

Crude parallel; President Robert Mugabe of Zimbabwe did not give power to the opposition leader Prime Minister Morgan Richard Tsvangirai

but rather shared power with him
Does it mean we should continue to sing the songs and that it is correct interpretation of Is 42:8?

Bottom line give and share; they are closely related but aren't bed fellows

But not the same?
So GIVE should have been used in the song instead of SHARE?

[/quote]
Goods

[quote]
PS Take heed of Enigma's hint.
Am not getting his clarifications, you may help bring down the ones you want me to look at, I will be very grateful.

For clarity, study the meaning of glory in a Hebrew and Greek context and the background surrounding how the verses arose

Can you briefly describe how Paul & Peter own SHARE the glory arose with me for better understanding?
Re: Isaiah 42:8 Is It Same With This Song "...Share your Glory With Anybody....? by Enigma(m): 12:27am On Apr 18, 2010
luckyCO:

My major concern is why the bible says in Peter & John that man can share God's glory but from your propositions you don't support what the bible said.
If a man can share God's glory at all, then why not accept that in the song GIVE should be used instead of SHARE which is clearly stated in the bible.

You have not answered the simple question or studied the simple issue of WHERE AND WHEN[/B] a christian will share in God's glory! Second, perhaps you did not see my earlier post #22 on this thread?

luckyCO:

I must not to be a member of Christ Embassy before I quote what is in the bible nor believe what I saw; the true message of Christ.

When a question was thrown to Christ, in response He asked them Is it not written in the book that you are gods, ?

Jesus' statement is from John 10:34; he was quoting Psalm 82:6; read Psalm 82:6 & 7; go back and read John 10 and understand who Jesus was talking to and whether He was not rebuking them. Christians who claim they are "gods" are either ignorant or heretical, I'm afraid.

luckyCO:
Are we in agreement now that those who changed the song from [b]SHARE
to GIVE are in consonance with the bible?

Again, see my earlier post (#22); the concern is that we sensed a direction of equating man with God because of the promise to share in His glory; that concern has been realised by your claim that man is "god"!
Re: Isaiah 42:8 Is It Same With This Song "...Share your Glory With Anybody....? by luckyCO(m): 12:37am On Apr 18, 2010
Enigma:

You have not answered the simple question or studied the simple issue of [b]WHERE AND WHEN[/B] a christian will share in God's glory! Second, perhaps you did not see my earlier post #22 on this thread?

What you call simple can equally be difficult to even you that is calling it simple.
Am not the originator of the WORD, perhaps I should be careful what I answer.

I don't like rushing into answering questions that will deviate the reason of my discussion. Until I understand this then we can move on with other question.

Say for instance I give a contrary option from what you think, don't think that the focus of discussion will change?

Jesus' statement is from John 10:34; he was quoting Psalm 82:6; read Psalm 82:6 & 7; go back and read John 10 and understand who Jesus was talking to and whether He was not rebuking them. Christians who claim they are "gods" are either ignorant or heretical, I'm afraid.

Again, see my earlier post (#22); the concern is that we sense a direction of equating man with God because of the promise to share in His glory; that concern has been realised by your claim that man is "god"!

Now I understand you missed my point!
Read through my topic I have not  equated God with man neither have I said a support where one should give what belongs to God to Man.
NOT AT ALL!

My interest is majorly on the song and what I saw on the bible!
My other interest is, what is the correct interpretation of Is 42:8, can such song come out from such verse irrespective of Paul & Peter's message?

Crude Example: Each time a kill cock  its  waist is kept mother nobody takes it, it must be reserved for her. The day she will eat it, she will gather everybody around and share some part of it to them and eat the rest.
If one compose a song that says Mother will never share the cock waist with anybody, Am I wrong or right?

This is what my post is trying to correct, do u get it now?
Re: Isaiah 42:8 Is It Same With This Song "...Share your Glory With Anybody....? by Enigma(m): 12:43am On Apr 18, 2010
I have not missed your point.

Even though Isa 42:8 says "give", it is still right to sing 'you will never "share" your glory' -- because of the WHERE and WHEN question that you keep refusing to address. Hint: distinguish between time and eternity and you might be able to see why "never share" can be accurate.

On the tangent that has developed --- when you say man is "god" you are equating man with God. This was always your problem and it is why you are having such unnecessary difficulty with the song!
Re: Isaiah 42:8 Is It Same With This Song "...Share your Glory With Anybody....? by luckyCO(m): 12:45am On Apr 18, 2010
god not GOD!

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Dangers Of Making Excuses / God And Science. / What Does "yookos" Mean?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.