Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,663 members, 7,820,331 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Copacabana Beach HORROR: Baby Killed And 17 People Injured As Car Ploughs Into P - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Copacabana Beach HORROR: Baby Killed And 17 People Injured As Car Ploughs Into P (355 Views)

1-Week-Old Baby Killed & Hidden In Carton By Her 8-Year Old Sister In Edo (Graph / At Least 10 People Injured After Shooting At Alabama High School / Mother And Her Baby Killed In Nembe, Bayelsa As Joint Task Force Raid (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Copacabana Beach HORROR: Baby Killed And 17 People Injured As Car Ploughs Into P by Fattycoal9: 7:47am On Jan 19, 2018
Car hits people BrazilREUTERS
At least 15 people have been hit by a car in Brazil

Police revealed an eight-month old baby died at the scene.

At least 17 people were hit by the out of control car.

The driver reportedly tried to escape but was then arrested by the police.

The black Hyundai car was said to be driving along the Avenida Atlântica road before unexpectedly crossing the bike path and boardwalk to end up on the sand of the beach.

When the police arrived on the scene they revealed that there was a lot of aggression being directed at the driver by bystanders.

The Colonel added: “We got there in time to keep him from being lynched.”

Accountant Magno Morais, 35, who witnessed the horror crash said confirmed the angry reaction from the immediate crowd.

O Globo_Rio

@OGlobo_Rio

Motorista perde controle e atropela diversas pessoas em Copacabana
12:24 AM - Jan 19, 2018

3737 Replies 566566 Retweets 1,0381,038 likes

Twitter Ads info and privacy

He said: "It was shocking, we do not have a reaction at a time like this.

“People wanted to lynch the driver, but police at the scene prevented it. There were a lot of people run down.”

Local news has reported that the driver was involved in another incident two years ago when a motorcycle he was riding hit the back of a van.

He was treated by doctors from a local hospital at the time.

Speaking to local media, Daria Lasmar, 40, who helped try to save the baby that died at the scene, said medical staff spent 50 minutes trying to resuscitate the child.

She said: “I was crossing the signal.

Police crashREUTERS
Police attended the scene just in time to calm the angry crowds

Crash victimsAFP/GETTY
A total of 15 people were believed to have been hit by the car

“When I put my foot on the boardwalk, the car raided and ran over several people. I approached the mother, she was crying a lot, saying that she had a lot of pain in her leg.

“She was saying ‘my baby’ and I asked if she was pregnant and she just repeated it.

“The grandmother appeared with the baby, but she was already fainting.

“She took the baby and the city guards cleared the way and took us in the car. Unfortunately, she died.

“They did the entire resuscitation procedure, it was 50 minutes, but she had cardiac arrest and then died.”

http://www.shelegangan.com/2018/01/copacabana-beach-horror-baby-killed-and.html

(1) (Reply)

Four Expatriates Kidnapped In Kaduna Regain Freedom / Pirates Kill 2 Policemen, Cart Away Arms In Bayelsa / Security Guard Publicly Disgraced, Arrested For Stealing His Employer’s Properti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.