Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Pls I Want To Know How Reliable Is Golf3 - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pls I Want To Know How Reliable Is Golf3 (14257 Views)

How Reliable Is An Audi A4 1999 Model / Peugeot 406: How Reliable? / How Reliable Are Hyundai Vehicles? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls I Want To Know How Reliable Is Golf3 by Nobody: 8:46pm On Apr 16, 2010
switchmax8:

golf 3 is reliable and fuel economy most[b] especially the one with electric caburretor[/b] but the one with injector run faster than the one with caburretor.

No Golf III were ever produced with a carburettor. It's either multi-point injection (1,6 MPI, GTI 8V, GTI 16V, VR6) or single-point (1,4 SPI, 1,6 SPI and 1,8 SPI). The SPI (Mono-Motronic) would be the one Nigerian mechanics call an "electronic carburettor, but it's still fuel-injected.

eseago:

pls my dear friends i want to known wheaher golf 3 is a reliable car in terms of fuel economy, mentainance, etc.
thank u.

All Golf III are reliable, though the single-point injected versions are less economical than their multi-point injected counterparts.

I would imagine though, in terms of maintenance and parts availability in Nigeria, most mechanics would shy away from the more complex MPI versions. The SPI versions are more forgiving if contaminated / low-grade fuel is used. The MPI versions have a myriad of sensors that will tolerate contaminated fuel a lot less. The SPI also has a lot of engine parts in common with the older Golf II, and items like suspension, brakes, transmission etc are easily transferable between both models (Golf II and Golf III SPI).

Golf III are also safe cars -I know you didn't enquire about the safety aspect, but I would like to see more Nigerians make safety paramount over fuel economy!!! Later models, from July 1996 - September 1998 also have the added benefit of air bags.

Lastly, as I always tell prospective buyers of OBD-capable cars, before committing to buy any car, get it checked out by a competent technician. I don't mean just any road side mechanic, but one who can actually use an OBD-reader, and understand the codes generated!

Best of luck, hope you get a good one. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Pls I Want To Know How Reliable Is Golf3 by Nobody: 10:17pm On Apr 16, 2010
Watch out 4ma pix on or before Tuesday. Golf 3 with auto trans
Re: Pls I Want To Know How Reliable Is Golf3 by ayotee2000(m): 8:41am On Apr 17, 2010
And the Golf IV, would you say it's reliable?
Re: Pls I Want To Know How Reliable Is Golf3 by emergency2: 2:52pm On Apr 17, 2010
how much will a golf 2 cost in cotonuo?
Re: Pls I Want To Know How Reliable Is Golf3 by Nobody: 10:18pm On Apr 17, 2010
ayotee2000:

And the Golf IV, would you say it's reliable?

I would, yes, it's also a lot more refined than the Golf II / III.
Re: Pls I Want To Know How Reliable Is Golf3 by nevolution: 11:16am On Apr 18, 2010
I bought a G3 in November 2007 in Apapa Lagos for =N=920,000, with the following features, 2 Airbag, Automatic Drive, Power Windows and Side Mirror, Leather Seat with Seat Heating, Factory Fitted Securityy and Alarm System, Alow rim, comes with a CD player, with speakers and twiners on the doors,

Till date the car drives and runs great, have never change engine,
I can tell you all G3 are safe to ride with, thats my best bet with it,

Let me know the features that comes with ur G3?
Re: Pls I Want To Know How Reliable Is Golf3 by kiekie1(m): 9:40am On Nov 25, 2023
switchmax8:
golf 3 is reliable and fuel economy most especially the one with electric caburretor but the one with injector run faster than the one with caburretor.i have used golf 3 twice infact i just bought one from cotonou yesteday to be delivered to me on friday.Auto,factory fitted,chrome,clean interior,power window,cassette player,everything there was perfect but a bit heartrending price.
Oneluv

How efficient are the shock absorbers pls ?
Re: Pls I Want To Know How Reliable Is Golf3 by kiekie1(m): 9:46am On Nov 25, 2023
obbuuz:
who says u cant get a golf three cheaper contact me on +447766221010 if u need further details

Golf 3-----N450,000k direct from europe to lagos

What's current price for nw
Re: Pls I Want To Know How Reliable Is Golf3 by kiekie1(m): 9:49am On Nov 25, 2023
nevolution:
I bought a G3 in November 2007 in Apapa Lagos for =N=920,000, with the following features, 2 Airbag, Automatic Drive, Power Windows and Side Mirror, Leather Seat with Seat Heating, Factory Fitted Securityy and Alarm System, Alow rim, comes with a CD player, with speakers and twiners on the doors,

Till date the car drives and runs great, have never change engine,
I can tell you all G3 are safe to ride with, thats my best bet with it,

Let me know the features that comes with ur G3?

Lovely. What major maintenance challenges did you face on the long run ?
Re: Pls I Want To Know How Reliable Is Golf3 by codemaster2much: 10:51am On Nov 25, 2023
kiekie1:

Lovely. What major maintenance challenges did you face on the long run ?
Check for a guy called nurey or heavenlybang, those pros are good with car analysis
Re: Pls I Want To Know How Reliable Is Golf3 by kiekie1(m): 4:34pm On Nov 25, 2023
codemaster2much:

Check for a guy called nurey or heavenlybang, those pros are good with car analysis

I didn't seek for any mechanical solution. I was asking a question init

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cars Names And Their Meaning / Total Quartz 9000 / Top 50 Best Cars To Buy As A Nigerian First Time Car Buyer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.