Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,012 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

This Is How Non-shithole Countries Graze Their Cattle (pics) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is How Non-shithole Countries Graze Their Cattle (pics) (7669 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen And Their Cattle In Front Of National Assembly Complex, Abuja / Nigerians React To Donald Trump's 'Shithole Countries' Comment (Video) / You Are Welcome To Graze In Kogi State- Yaya Bello To Fulani Herdsmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is How Non-shithole Countries Graze Their Cattle (pics) by datfreshdoc(m): 12:09pm On Jan 19, 2018
This kinda sense is expensive to our politicians sad
Re: This Is How Non-shithole Countries Graze Their Cattle (pics) by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jan 19, 2018
I prefer free range cows. The issue is the destruction and violence. The alternative is not to cage the animals.
Re: This Is How Non-shithole Countries Graze Their Cattle (pics) by emmybernard(m): 12:21pm On Jan 19, 2018
Please any one making a comment should make it short, so we professional comment readers (PCR) will be able to read all your comments thanks for making our work easier �

1 Like

Re: This Is How Non-shithole Countries Graze Their Cattle (pics) by byteem: 12:26pm On Jan 19, 2018
cursedAbiola:
God bless Trump

MHEEENNN .. THIS IS CRAZY .. SO TRUMP WAS RIGHT ..

I DNT KNOW WHAT THE FUSS IS ABOUT..THEY GUY JUST SAID THE OBVIOUS ..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is How Non-shithole Countries Graze Their Cattle (pics) by Axis313(m): 12:29pm On Jan 19, 2018
And the cows dey look fresh sef,it's going to be the herdsmen advantages if they can embrace ranching economic wise.

1 Like

Re: This Is How Non-shithole Countries Graze Their Cattle (pics) by cursedAbiola(f): 1:03pm On Jan 19, 2018
EgunMogaji:
I prefer free range cows. The issue is the destruction and violence. The alternative is not to cage the animals.
how can you avoid distruction and violence with it?
Re: This Is How Non-shithole Countries Graze Their Cattle (pics) by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jan 19, 2018
cursedAbiola:
how can you avoid distruction and violence with it?

1) Provide state ranches.

2) Mandate travel paths or motorized transport to market.

There’s a rancher on here that’s a neighbor of one of Spyder880 project. He can share better ideas.
Re: This Is How Non-shithole Countries Graze Their Cattle (pics) by Priceless25: 1:10pm On Jan 19, 2018
oderemo:

This is even aside the point, y rearing of cows in open field a national headache.
Guys should visit Australia and see how cows are being reared properly.
Not some buffoon pretending to be farmers.

Bro.. ur moniker reminds of dt town, I miss it
Re: This Is How Non-shithole Countries Graze Their Cattle (pics) by cursedAbiola(f): 1:15pm On Jan 19, 2018
EgunMogaji:

1) Provide state ranches.

2) Mandate travel paths or motorized transport to market.

There’s a rancher on here that’s a neighbor of one of Spyder880 project. He can share better ideas.
wait all these for a private own business (cattle)
maybe rabbit farmers pig and fish farmers can get the special treatments.

mr man nobody is going to give fulani herdsmen free land
they either buy it or fork off.

btw are you a yeroba Muslim?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is How Non-shithole Countries Graze Their Cattle (pics) by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jan 19, 2018
Progressive and healthy.

Re: This Is How Non-shithole Countries Graze Their Cattle (pics) by cursedAbiola(f): 1:33pm On Jan 19, 2018
EgunMogaji:
Progressive and healthy.
the owners bought the land and not wait for government to forcefully give them poor farmers land
that's the difference
equal treatment is what we call it
Re: This Is How Non-shithole Countries Graze Their Cattle (pics) by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jan 19, 2018
“How much federally owned land is open for grazing?

Two government agencies manage most of this land: The Department of the Interior’s Bureau of Land Management and the Department of Agriculture’s U.S. Forest Service. Livestock grazing is permitted on about 155 million acres managed by the Bureau of Land Management and 95 million acres of U.S. Forest Service lands. The permits and leases issued to ranchers to graze their livestock on these lands are generally valid for 10 years and can be renewed if they abide by the government’s conditions.”

https://www.google.com/amp/www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-oregon-standoff-federal-grazing-laws-20160106-story,amp.html
Re: This Is How Non-shithole Countries Graze Their Cattle (pics) by eodavids(m): 2:21pm On Jan 19, 2018
cursedAbiola:
God bless Trump

Hey girl,

Easy na!

We'nt exactly shithole people.

But you have done us a service by educating us how to rear herds.
Not just Hausas, but all Nigerians. Cow rearing is part of agribusiness which we all can engage in.
Re: This Is How Non-shithole Countries Graze Their Cattle (pics) by ogtavia(m): 2:22pm On Jan 19, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Two government agencies manage most of this land: The Department of the Interior’s Bureau of Land Management and the Department of Agriculture’s U.S. Forest Service. Livestock grazing is permitted on about 155 million acres managed by the Bureau of Land Management and 95 million acres of U.S. Forest Service lands. The permits and leases issued to ranchers to graze their livestock on these lands are generally valid for 10 years and can be renewed if they abide by the government’s conditions.”

https://www.google.com/amp/www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-oregon-standoff-federal-grazing-laws-20160106-story,amp.html
This is undisputable statistics...however,its better we treat the herdsmen menace in this country as unique...I have a simple question ; why destroy properties and farms of people as well as murder innocent and defenseless people all in the name of grazing....

Look sir,i grew up in a Federal University in this country, the institution has a school farm including a ranch (not so large anyway) where cattles are raised....the cattle are taken out for open grazing on some selected days of the week. The cattles are very healthy and well taken care of...Look at this way, imagine if the so called myetti Allah on behalf of the cattle owners establish ranches and institutions round this country with a well laid out plan for grazing...
1) employment will be generated.
2)the cattles will be raised properly under ideal conditions
3)there won't be need for armed herdsmen..

If there will be need for open grazing, it will be so structured that nobody will be able to fault it. The myetti Allah released a statement wherein they said " there is an international grazing path that goes through Nigeria" hence justifying the reason why there must be open indiscriminate grazing as well as justifying the use of armed herdsmen.. This is by far one of the most ignorant statements anyone will say in this day and age. The owners of cattle know what to do they just don't want to. A friend of my boss was discussing with my boss about his intentions to venture into large scale commercial cattle rearing and he mentioned the very important need to provide a ranch and limit grazing..this was to be located some where in Taraba...He was asking for several options of ranch shelters as he was bent on ensuring the correct standards and practice in his ranch...Cattle rearing is capital intensive because of its attendant requirements..the earlier everyone most especially the rich but ignorant and selfish cattle owners accept this fact and work towards achieving best standards,the better for us...here we are talking about our dwindling oil revenues...who knows what revenue can be generated from cattle rearing and it's export if well streamlined and practiced...

1 Like

Re: This Is How Non-shithole Countries Graze Their Cattle (pics) by cursedAbiola(f): 2:23pm On Jan 19, 2018
eodavids:

Hey girl,

Easy na!

We'nt exactly shithole people.

But you have done us a service by educating us how to rear herds.
Not just Hausas, but all Nigerians. Cow rearing is part of agribusiness which we all can engage in.
ok
Re: This Is How Non-shithole Countries Graze Their Cattle (pics) by eodavids(m): 2:24pm On Jan 19, 2018
cursedAbiola:
wait all these for a private own business (cattle)
maybe rabbit farmers pig and fish farmers can get the special treatments.

mr man nobody is going to give fulani herdsmen free land
they either buy it or fork off.

btw are you a yeroba Muslim?

Hello "Boss Lady", you seem to have more knowledge on ranching. Do kindly update us regularly
Re: This Is How Non-shithole Countries Graze Their Cattle (pics) by cursedAbiola(f): 2:26pm On Jan 19, 2018
eodavids:

Hello "Boss Lady", you seem to have more knowledge on ranching. Do kindly update us regularly
lol
i don't have any knowledge oo
just to correct some ignorant mofos
Re: This Is How Non-shithole Countries Graze Their Cattle (pics) by naijapips04: 2:33pm On Jan 19, 2018
fiizznation:
Showcase of Illiteracy at it's zenith. So only hausa/fulani people rear cows in Nigeria? And besides who told you the cows you are posting here are of the same breed with the ones that fulanis rear in Nigeria and other parts of w/Africa.

Smh..Reason(s) I seldom visit this forum is because one usually have to come across so many illiterates who think they know _shit

Mallam. The one buhari a fulani man is ranching is a different species to what your rampaging marauders are rearing right?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is How Non-shithole Countries Graze Their Cattle (pics) by Goke7: 2:38pm On Jan 19, 2018
EgunMogaji:

The US is almost half of Africa in land mass abeg, Nigeria don't have such land mass for open grazing pls
Re: This Is How Non-shithole Countries Graze Their Cattle (pics) by eodavids(m): 2:42pm On Jan 19, 2018
cursedAbiola:
lol
i don't have any knowledge oo
just to correct some ignorant mofos

OK ma'am
Re: This Is How Non-shithole Countries Graze Their Cattle (pics) by RedDistrict: 2:49pm On Jan 19, 2018
EgunMogaji:
Progressive and healthy.

The herdsmen have vast land up north which lie fallow most times, land is easily accessible to them if they wish to get it either by lease or purchase, the geographical size of the north is enough for these ppl to do their grazing/ranching up north instead of going round with cattles and causing mayhem but no, the govt feels the solution is for states to give them land/opportunity to come and kill us all grin.

Since normadic grazing has been taken over by terrorists/fuktards, its better they stay up north and ranch their cattles. They make money from these cattles for heaven sakes so they shuld invest in it and keep them up north.

2 Likes

Re: This Is How Non-shithole Countries Graze Their Cattle (pics) by amInigerian: 3:14pm On Jan 19, 2018
fiizznation:
Showcase of Illiteracy at it's zenith. So only hausa/fulani people rear cows in Nigeria? And besides who told you the cows you are posting here are of the same breed with the ones that fulanis rear in Nigeria and other parts of w/Africa.

Smh..Reason(s) I seldom visit this forum is because one usually have to come across so many illiterates who think they know _shit
In my university of Agriculture, we had Nigerian breeds
Nd'ama and muturu.
They did not need to eat other people's crops to survive.
They were grazed in the open sometimes (the school has a lot of land).
But other times they were fed in-house.
In the rainy season, grass was cut and stored for them, made into silage, with which to feed them in their pens when the dry season set it.
The suggestion that the cattle cannot be kept in ranches is extreme balderdash.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is How Non-shithole Countries Graze Their Cattle (pics) by shedy03(m): 3:20pm On Jan 19, 2018
ruggedtimi:
thats what they call developed country.
peaceful
Re: This Is How Non-shithole Countries Graze Their Cattle (pics) by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jan 19, 2018
I don’t proclaim to have the only solution. I simply offered suggestions.

If I were to become a rancher in my retirement, which is not out of the realm of possibility, then I would own various ranches in strategic locations in Nigeria. Nigeria is huge with vast open places that one doesn’t have to impose itself on others and cause undue hardship.

Astute people seek solutions not confrontations.

I yield the floor.

1 Like

Re: This Is How Non-shithole Countries Graze Their Cattle (pics) by Francis5: 3:30pm On Jan 19, 2018
EgunMogaji:
You don't even have to cage the animals. You can free range them in a fenced area. These Fulani should buy land, register it, fence it, and grow forage (grass), and stock their animals there. They can rotate the animals in subsections of the forage to allow browsed areas to regrow.

2 Likes

Re: This Is How Non-shithole Countries Graze Their Cattle (pics) by cursedAbiola(f): 3:47pm On Jan 19, 2018
naijapips04:

Mallam. The one buhari a fulani man is ranching is a different species to what your rampaging marauders are rearing right?
spot on
Re: This Is How Non-shithole Countries Graze Their Cattle (pics) by cursedAbiola(f): 3:49pm On Jan 19, 2018
lalasticlala seun i think this is a good debate thread
Re: This Is How Non-shithole Countries Graze Their Cattle (pics) by Flaghouse1: 7:21pm On Jan 19, 2018
fiizznation:

See your life outside Mr literate I wonder how your gumption operates , so the breed of cattle should be a yardstick for operating a ranches in Nigeria

"I am short of words"

1 Like

Re: This Is How Non-shithole Countries Graze Their Cattle (pics) by chukuli(m): 7:59pm On Jan 19, 2018
fiizznation:

people might mistake u for a he-goat cos of ur comment

1 Like

Re: This Is How Non-shithole Countries Graze Their Cattle (pics) by victorioushands: 9:06pm On Jan 19, 2018
Smh
Re: This Is How Non-shithole Countries Graze Their Cattle (pics) by victorioushands: 9:06pm On Jan 19, 2018
fiizznation:

You only spoke English but made absolutely no sense. Are you one of those terrorists herdsmen that will soon be destroyed by a rival herdsmen group? You are incredulous.

2 Likes

Re: This Is How Non-shithole Countries Graze Their Cattle (pics) by MasterKim: 9:20pm On Jan 19, 2018
fiizznation:

You think you can reason with an Igbo man?
You're disturbing yourself. Just tell him you have heard him. Cuz their type of reasoning is very strange shocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

*nigerian Banks Have Finished This Nation!* / Power Projects: FEC Approves $2.5m, ₦498.2 Million For 4 Plants / FRANCE WAR. Islamic Caliphate Takes Over The Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.