Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,124 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

Traveling By Road To Cameroon From Ikom - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Traveling By Road To Cameroon From Ikom (20035 Views)

My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) / I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do / Passenger Bus Falls Into Sinkhole As Calabar/Ikom Highway Divides Into Two. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Traveling By Road To Cameroon From Ikom by Coinsman: 11:54am On Jan 19, 2018
Hello, I need travel information from ikom to Douala or yaounde in Cameroon.
I know there are frequent travelers here, kindly let me know how much it costs for a passenger to get into Cameroon safely from ikom.
What procedure is needed, what the cost of transportation is and how long it takes.
I plan on visiting a close friend who lost the father lately for burial in yaounde, but I have never been to Cameroon before...I need help on this, thank you!!!
Re: Traveling By Road To Cameroon From Ikom by olasberguk(m): 8:29pm On Jan 23, 2018
Is safe but corruption for that country is so high but the people are so nice and warm ,very nice people,hold enough money ......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Traveling By Road To Cameroon From Ikom by olasberguk(m): 8:34pm On Jan 23, 2018
Calabar to ikom cost 2000naira ,ikom to border 1000naira,u pay for visa 3000francs ,ikon to bermenda 5000france ,late night bus to. Yaunde 7hrs drive cost 5000francs.... 2days journey very tiring,enjoy ur trip and don't forget to get yellow card ....

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Traveling By Road To Cameroon From Ikom by stickaman04: 11:51pm On Jan 23, 2018
if u r going to yaounde, u dnt need to go thru bamenda, u can go thru kumba. wen u get to mamfe take a cab to kumba, abt 4 hours journey, bt bro dat place is a bit rough for now, need to keep some doe, cuz de gendarmes will collect money from you at each checkpoint, 2000frs,if u have yellow card n 5000frs if u dnt hv yellow card. den from kumb U WILL GET TO YAOUNDE WITHOUT MUCH DISTURBANCE, de fare should b like 7000frs from kumba to yaounde

1 Like

Re: Traveling By Road To Cameroon From Ikom by olasberguk(m): 7:42pm On Jan 27, 2018
The corruption in that country is first class

4 Likes

Re: Traveling By Road To Cameroon From Ikom by Fourcade(m): 11:44am On Jan 28, 2018
olasberguk:
Please bro could you expatiate? how is the corruption first-class?
Re: Traveling By Road To Cameroon From Ikom by Coinsman: 7:23am On Jan 29, 2018
stickaman04:
if u r going to yaounde, u dnt need to go thru bamenda, u can go thru kumba. wen u get to mamfe take a cab to kumba, abt 4 hours journey, bt bro dat place is a bit rough for now, need to keep some doe, cuz de gendarmes will collect money from you at each checkpoint, 2000frs,if u have yellow card n 5000frs if u dnt hv yellow card. den from kumb U WILL GET TO YAOUNDE WITHOUT MUCH DISTURBANCE, de fare should b like 7000frs from kumba to yaounde

Ok thanks. I have a few other questions.
1. How much does it cost to change naira to cCameroon France?

2. How much does it cost to cross the border?? How many stops are there? Where do I board transportation to kumba from the border inside Cameroon or from ikom?? Thank you so much!!
Re: Traveling By Road To Cameroon From Ikom by Coinsman: 8:07am On Jan 29, 2018
olasberguk:
Calabar to ikom cost 2000naira ,ikom to border 1000naira,u pay for visa 3000francs ,ikon to bermenda 5000france ,late night bus to. Yaunde 7hrs drive cost 5000francs.... 2days journey very tiring,enjoy ur trip and don't forget to get yellow card ....

Thanks for this information!!
Please, how much does it cost to get the yellow card?

Also, how much is the cost to cross the border??

After crossing the border, where on the other side do I take transport to bamenda??

Do you know how many check points and police stops that I will need to pay money?
Re: Traveling By Road To Cameroon From Ikom by INFOBIZ3: 8:57am On Apr 28, 2018
Coinsman:
Hello, I need travel information from ikom to Douala or yaounde in Cameroon.
I know there are frequent travelers here, kindly let me know how much it costs for a passenger to get into Cameroon safely from ikom.
What procedure is needed, what the cost of transportation is and how long it takes.
I plan on visiting a close friend who lost the father lately for burial in yaounde, but I have never been to Cameroon before...I need help on this, thank you!!!

Did you make the journey. I need some info. thanks for the reply.
Re: Traveling By Road To Cameroon From Ikom by NkemFoods: 6:48am On Jun 18, 2019
olasberguk:
Re: Traveling By Road To Cameroon From Ikom by gowaga68: 8:58am On Jun 18, 2019
I hope crossing through Barmenda is safe?
Re: Traveling By Road To Cameroon From Ikom by goalernestman: 8:54am On Jul 23, 2019
Please is there any updates about this country now am traveling from Nigeria to Cameroon without international passport is this possible?
Re: Traveling By Road To Cameroon From Ikom by Amuocha: 11:00am On Jul 23, 2019
You are not going anywhere. After voting Buhari ...you lie angry

2 Likes

Re: Traveling By Road To Cameroon From Ikom by Qu33nSh3ba: 11:43am On Jul 23, 2019
I wish to travel to Duola in Cameroon. Can someone help me? Are there buses? How much? And everything I need to know. Please help me.
Re: Traveling By Road To Cameroon From Ikom by Edwin24: 9:08am On Oct 28, 2019
House to rent in comeroon
Re: Traveling By Road To Cameroon From Ikom by Edwin24: 9:09am On Oct 28, 2019
House to rent in cameroon
Re: Traveling By Road To Cameroon From Ikom by lebete3000: 12:55pm On Jan 01, 2021
olasberguk:

Which one is yellow card?
Re: Traveling By Road To Cameroon From Ikom by lebete3000: 1:02pm On Jan 01, 2021
stickaman04:

You mean theyll collect 2000francs for each check point
Re: Traveling By Road To Cameroon From Ikom by Lens101: 3:25am On Mar 03, 2021
What is the current look of things going recalling from Nigeria to Yaoundé ?
Re: Traveling By Road To Cameroon From Ikom by Mhizzboss: 7:39pm On Jul 08, 2021
@Coinsman please how did u manage to get there. I need information too
Re: Traveling By Road To Cameroon From Ikom by richhills(m): 4:07pm On Jul 09, 2021
The border is closed technically now
so when you get to the nigeria border you will trek across through cameroon side iof Ekok. You will need to take a car from Ikom to the border. Now at Ekok, you board a car going either to Bamenda,Douala or kumba depending on your destination city but I must warn you that a civil war is going on. You will meet govt forces checkpoints and rebel checkpoints and you pay at each points to secure yourself and your luggage. And you pray you shouldn't be caught in cross fire at the time you are passing by.
[quotee author=Mhizzboss post=103508301]@Coinsman please how did u manage to get there. I need information too[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Traveling By Road To Cameroon From Ikom by Ucdavid111: 3:24pm On Apr 22, 2023
richhills:
The border is closed technically now
so when you get to the nigeria border you will trek across through cameroon side iof Ekok. You will need to take a car from Ikom to the border. Now at Ekok, you board a car going either to Bamenda,Douala or kumba depending on your destination city but I must warn you that a civil war is going on. You will meet govt forces checkpoints and rebel checkpoints and you pay at each points to secure yourself and your luggage. And you pray you shouldn't be caught in cross fire at the time you are passing by.

Please is it safe to travel to Cameroon now and possibly start a business?
Re: Traveling By Road To Cameroon From Ikom by AfahaAbia(m): 10:18pm On Apr 22, 2023
[quote author=richhills post=103536256]The border is closed technically now
[/quo

There is no war in Cameroon. I don't know why u guys come here to tell lies
Re: Traveling By Road To Cameroon From Ikom by AfahaAbia(m): 10:19pm On Apr 22, 2023
Ucdavid111:

Please is it safe to travel to Cameroon now and possibly start a business?

Yes it very safe.
Re: Traveling By Road To Cameroon From Ikom by Ucdavid111: 8:34am On Apr 24, 2023
AfahaAbia:

Yes it very safe.

Thanks for prompt response.
Please as a Nigerian what are things I need to do to register a business in Cameroon and documents I need to have

(1) (Reply)

Kaduna Dry Port Begins Container Clearance / One Killed As Dangote Truck Damages Two Cars In Magodo, Lagos / Want To Give Birth In U.k Axis: Need Help On Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.