Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,707 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

Is It Time For Christians To Put Up Or Shut Up? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Time For Christians To Put Up Or Shut Up? (812 Views)

Imam Of Peace Warns Christians To Wakeup, Else Radical Muslim Will Consume Them / Native Priest Comes For Christians, Muslims After Using Goat For Sacrifice. PICS / Facebook Is Gradually Becoming Unsafe For Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Time For Christians To Put Up Or Shut Up? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jan 19, 2018
Christianity has caused much pain and suffering throughout the ages. Christian superstition stomped out hundreds of years of progress in medicine and the sciences which in turn caused the suffering and early deaths of millions of innocent people. Not only did Christianity cause these atrocities, it literally imprisoned thousands of people who dared to engage their gift from God of reason. People like Galileo had to renounce God's reality and profess Christianity's errors as truth in order to save his life, while the Church burned alive thousands more people who decided truth was more important than their own lives. In this class is Giordano Bruno who was tortured over a seven year period and then finally burned alive by the ignorant Christians in 1600.

We know through history the terror that awaits us if Christianity triumphs over reason. It's vitally important for Theists , Deists and free thinkers to obliterate Christianity, and all "revealed" religions, as soon as possible. The only way to do this is to use our God-given reason and the free exchange of ideas. We can't, nor should we want to, force people to abandon Christianity and the "revealed" religions, we can only let them know how empty and ludicrous those religions really are while letting them know there is a very satisfying God friendly and reason friendly alternative available to them.

The Bible gives us a tremendous tool to make it clear to honest and sincere people everywhere that Christianity is a fraud. Mark 16:18 clearly lists the signs of a Christian as, "They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover." There is no qualification put on having these powerful abilities. Mark 16:17 clearly states, "And these signs shall follow them that believe; . . ." According to this Bible promise, anyone who believes in the Gospels and Jesus will be able to, among other things, ". . . drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover."!

As Theists and Deists we have an obligation to demand that Christians perform these Biblical promises. These Bible passages are a type of contract between the Christian god of Jesus with anyone who believes in Jesus. Jesus has an obligation to uphold his part of the contract! If Christians can't do as Jesus promised, Christians owe it to themselves and their families and to God to reject Christianity. If a Christian goes to a hospital and lays hands on a person dying from, and in the last stages of, cancer and that person is not healed, then Christianity is a fraud. The Christian Jesus has broken his promise! Likewise, if Pat Robertson won't drink a glass full of poison that a Theist , Deist or a free thinker has prepared for him, then Pat, or any other Christian leader who won't complete the Gospel based test, is not a true Christian. If they drink it and die, then Christianity is proven false, or at least the person who died and who was considered by millions of faithful to be a true Christian leader would have to be looked upon as a fraud. If they drink it and are not harmed by it then this Christian promise is valid and Christianity is greatly advanced.

An example of this failed Christian Jesus and his empty promises is evangelist Winkie Pratney. Winkie is a friend of evangelist Pat Robertson. Not long ago Winkie suffered a heart attack. What happened to Winkie? Did his Christian family lay hands on him according to the teachings of the Gospel? No, they rushed him to a hospital! Winkie was so bad the doctors induced a coma and only now are they taking him out of it. So much for empty meaningless and misleading New Testament promises! (And don't forget, when leading Christians like Billy Graham, Pat Robertson (pictured above in doctor's office) and John Hagee get sick, they immediately go for the most advanced medical care their millions of dollars can buy! They don't waste their time with prayer and laying on of hands!)

It's time for all Theist, Deists and Free Thinkers to stop pulling punches! We need to show Christians and the world that Christianity is nothing but superstitions and myth, that not even Christian leaders rely on it in their own personal lives! Since this is a reality, it's also a reality that Christianity can't bring us any closer to God. How can we expect to get closer to God and to learn more about God by chasing after such empty meaningless dribble?? The only way people can get closer to God is to embrace their God-given gift of reason and exploit it to the fullest! This is what Deism is about!

[Edited] Version from Frosbel

http://www.deism.com/christiansputupshutup.htm
Re: Is It Time For Christians To Put Up Or Shut Up? by MuttleyLaff: 4:47pm On Jan 19, 2018
frosbel2:
Christianity has caused much pain and suffering throughout the ages. Christian superstition stomped out hundreds of years of progress in medicine and the sciences which in turn caused the suffering and early deaths of millions of innocent people. Not only did Christianity cause these atrocities, it literally imprisoned thousands of people who dared to engage their gift from God of reason. People like Galileo had to renounce God's reality and profess Christianity's errors as truth in order to save his life, while the Church burned alive thousands more people who decided truth was more important than their own lives. In this class is Giordano Bruno who was tortured over a seven year period and then finally burned alive by the ignorant Christians in 1600.

We know through history the terror that awaits us if Christianity triumphs over reason. It's vitally important for Theists , Deists and free thinkers to obliterate Christianity, and all "revealed" religions, as soon as possible. The only way to do this is to use our God-given reason and the free exchange of ideas. We can't, nor should we want to, force people to abandon Christianity and the "revealed" religions, we can only let them know how empty and ludicrous those religions really are while letting them know there is a very satisfying God friendly and reason friendly alternative available to them.

The Bible gives us a tremendous tool to make it clear to honest and sincere people everywhere that Christianity is a fraud. Mark 16:18 clearly lists the signs of a Christian as, "They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover." There is no qualification put on having these powerful abilities. Mark 16:17 clearly states, "And these signs shall follow them that believe; . . ." According to this Bible promise, anyone who believes in the Gospels and Jesus will be able to, among other things, ". . . drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover."!

As Theists and Deists we have an obligation to demand that Christians perform these Biblical promises. These Bible passages are a type of contract between the Christian god of Jesus with anyone who believes in Jesus. Jesus has an obligation to uphold his part of the contract! If Christians can't do as Jesus promised, Christians owe it to themselves and their families and to God to reject Christianity. If a Christian goes to a hospital and lays hands on a person dying from, and in the last stages of, cancer and that person is not healed, then Christianity is a fraud. The Christian Jesus has broken his promise! Likewise, if Pat Robertson won't drink a glass full of poison that a Theist , Deist or a free thinker has prepared for him, then Pat, or any other Christian leader who won't complete the Gospel based test, is not a true Christian. If they drink it and die, then Christianity is proven false, or at least the person who died and who was considered by millions of faithful to be a true Christian leader would have to be looked upon as a fraud. If they drink it and are not harmed by it then this Christian promise is valid and Christianity is greatly advanced.

An example of this failed Christian Jesus and his empty promises is evangelist Winkie Pratney. Winkie is a friend of evangelist Pat Robertson. Not long ago Winkie suffered a heart attack. What happened to Winkie? Did his Christian family lay hands on him according to the teachings of the Gospel? No, they rushed him to a hospital! Winkie was so bad the doctors induced a coma and only now are they taking him out of it. So much for empty meaningless and misleading New Testament promises! (And don't forget, when leading Christians like Billy Graham, Pat Robertson (pictured above in doctor's office) and John Hagee get sick, they immediately go for the most advanced medical care their millions of dollars can buy! They don't waste their time with prayer and laying on of hands!)

It's time for all Theist, Deists and Free Thinkers to stop pulling punches! We need to show Christians and the world that Christianity is nothing but superstitions and myth, that not even Christian leaders rely on it in their own personal lives! Since this is a reality, it's also a reality that Christianity can't bring us any closer to God. How can we expect to get closer to God and to learn more about God by chasing after such empty meaningless dribble?? The only way people can get closer to God is to embrace their God-given gift of reason and exploit it to the fullest! This is what Deism is about!

[Edited] Version from Frosbel
Christian just like nigger, is not a word anyone in the know, dutifully calls themselves
Re: Is It Time For Christians To Put Up Or Shut Up? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jan 19, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Christian just like nigger, is not a word anyone in the know, dutifully calls themselves

really!
Re: Is It Time For Christians To Put Up Or Shut Up? by MuttleyLaff: 9:03pm On Jan 19, 2018
frosbel2:
really!
Have you not had the epiphany?
Re: Is It Time For Christians To Put Up Or Shut Up? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jan 20, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Have you not had the epiphany?

smiley
Re: Is It Time For Christians To Put Up Or Shut Up? by ScienceWatch: 3:19pm On Jan 21, 2018
It is interesting that JacksonD7 said. "You should also note that you don't have to believe in a deity to be religious. There are such things as non-theistic religions. Buddhists don't believe in any particular god, but would you say Buddhism is not a religion?. Obviously not.

Atheists claim to be non-religious by saying that they don't believe in God or gods. Well, lack of beliefs in God is a philosophy shared by all atheists. That makes atheism a religion, according to the first definition."

Non-theistic religion

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nontheistic_religion

Comparisons Between Atheism And Other Religions

01. An Organized Set Of Beliefs

Every religion, has a collection of principles and beliefs that are shared by adherents of that particular religion. There's beliefs often form the foundations of the religion, and any sects that don't believe in them are considered heretics or unbelievers.

Christianity has God, Jesus, the resurrection, baptism etc

Islam has Allah, Sharia, Ramadan etc

Chapter 2 vs 1 to the end of the "Atheist Scriptural Handbook", states that "Thou shalt believe in"

a. The non-existence of God (there is no God, everything is an accident

b. The big bang (in the beginning nothing exploded and created everything)

c. Abiogenesis (non-living things gave life to living organisms)

d. Evolution (and everything arose as a result of countless accidents over billions of years)

e. Deep time (the Earth is billions of years old, if you think otherwise you must be madly ignorant)"

I spoke to a member of The Nigerian Atheists Organization about the OP. He says he fully agrees with the contents of the OP as it relates to Atheism. He said that he spoke to some members about the high cost and futility of denying that Atheism is a religion.

I am wondering what other senior Atheist members have to say about this, such as;
Mr. Adepoju Adeleke (Abuja), Mr. Andrew Nandip (Plateau state), Mr. Ogunyemi Adekunle (Abuja), Mr. Sambo Gamba (Bauchi state), Professor Tunde Arogundade (Plateau state) and MS. Yemisi Ilesanmi(UK).
Absent: Dr. Ogunlana Adeleke (Kogi state), Mr. Aruson Alaba(Lagos), Mrs Adekunle Ann( plateau state).
Re: Is It Time For Christians To Put Up Or Shut Up? by ScienceWatch: 3:25pm On Jan 21, 2018
PLease view JacksonD7's topic on Atheism is a religion https://www.nairaland.com/4289018/atheism-religion#64185467

The Creation Of Organizations

In the course of spreading their religion, atheists have created a number of tools to assist them. They have websites, forums, blogs, YouTube channels, they've written books on theology etc. Every other major religion makes use of these same tools.
Re: Is It Time For Christians To Put Up Or Shut Up? by JesusPeople: 3:25pm On Jan 21, 2018
your thread goes to the trash can at the end of the day

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Time For Christians To Put Up Or Shut Up? by ScienceWatch: 3:29pm On Jan 21, 2018
The Presence Of Spiritual Leaders:

Every religion, has it's great philosophers or spiritual leaders whose ideas shaped the religion. In some cases, the religion would not exist or enjoy mass appeal without that particular leader.

Christianity has Jesus

Islam has Mohammed

Judaism has Moses

Buddhism has Siddharta Gautama (the Buddha)

Scientology has L. Ron Hubbard

Atheism has Richard Dawkins

The Satanist Richard Dawkins is Atheists spiritual leader. Would you choose him over the other Satanist L.Ron Hubbard?

Jesus Christ explains who he is and why He came into the world.

Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the True God, but by me.
Joh 17:18 What I was sent into the world to do, I also sent them(disciples/pastors) into the world to do the same.
Joh 14:12 Truly, Truly, I say to you, He that believes me, the miracles/ WORKS that I do will you also do; and greater (more) miracles/WORKS than these shall you do; because I must soon go unto my Father.

Only the WORKS bear witness of a real pastor, not their elaborate speeches, conferences and motivational speeches. Today, the whole world is blessed to have the evidence of Jesus’ WORKS Biblically and scientifically verified in the Holy Scoan Church Nigeria and on Emmanuel TV.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Time For Christians To Put Up Or Shut Up? by ScienceWatch: 3:34pm On Jan 21, 2018
JesusPeople:
I agree! I spoke to a member of The Nigerian Atheists Organization about the OP. He says he fully agrees with the contents of the JacksonD&'s OP as it relates to Atheism. He said that he spoke to some members about the high cost and futility of denying that Atheism is a religion.

I am wondering what other senior Atheist members have to say about this, such as;
Mr. Adepoju Adeleke (Abuja), Mr. Andrew Nandip (Plateau state), Mr. Ogunyemi Adekunle (Abuja), Mr. Sambo Gamba (Bauchi state), Professor Tunde Arogundade (Plateau state) and MS. Yemisi Ilesanmi(UK).
Absent: Dr. Ogunlana Adeleke (Kogi state), Mr. Aruson Alaba(Lagos), Mrs Adekunle Ann( plateau state).

1 Like

Re: Is It Time For Christians To Put Up Or Shut Up? by JesusPeople: 3:40pm On Jan 21, 2018
ScienceWatch:
I agree! I spoke to a member of The Nigerian Atheists Organization about the OP. He says he fully agrees with the contents of the JacksonD&'s OP as it relates to Atheism. He said that he spoke to some members about the high cost and futility of denying that Atheism is a religion.

cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Time For Christians To Put Up Or Shut Up? by Nobody: 1:10am On Jan 22, 2018
JesusPeople:

Trash can? cheesy

Its still here and you even commented.
Re: Is It Time For Christians To Put Up Or Shut Up? by Nobody: 1:10am On Jan 22, 2018
ScienceWatch:
The Presence Of Spiritual Leaders:

Every religion, has it's great philosophers or spiritual leaders whose ideas shaped the religion. In some cases, the religion would not exist or enjoy mass appeal without that particular leader.

Christianity has Jesus

Islam has Mohammed

Judaism has Moses

Buddhism has Siddharta Gautama (the Buddha)

Scientology has L. Ron Hubbard

Atheism has Richard Dawkins

The Satanist Richard Dawkins is Atheists spiritual leader. Would you choose him over the other Satanist L.Ron Hubbard?

Jesus Christ explains who he is and why He came into the world.

Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the True God, but by me.
Joh 17:18 What I was sent into the world to do, I also sent them(disciples/pastors) into the world to do the same.
Joh 14:12 Truly, Truly, I say to you, He that believes me, the miracles/ WORKS that I do will you also do; and greater (more) miracles/WORKS than these shall you do; because I must soon go unto my Father.

Only the WORKS bear witness of a real pastor, not their elaborate speeches, conferences and motivational speeches. Today, the whole world is blessed to have the evidence of Jesus’ WORKS Biblically and scientifically verified in the Holy Scoan Church Nigeria and on Emmanuel TV.

SCAM
Re: Is It Time For Christians To Put Up Or Shut Up? by ScienceWatch: 6:59pm On Jan 27, 2018
JesusPeople:

I agree. He make a lot of wannabe Atheists cringe with disappointment. Have you seen how Atheists desperately blundered their way through the finely tuned truth, presented by Butterfll1on and Vaxx and Kingebukasblog?

Atheists own lack of knowledge is blocking their comprehension, while many others have succeeded. Therefore you have chosen a lifeless substitute foe a deity known as NO-god.

I have examined the Atheist deity called NO-god, to see if it offers humanity any real benefits or superior advantages to world religions.
So far I have found that it is a religion of social destruction. That is why you see them TROLLING religious topics to mock and insult decent peoples precious spiritual doctrines.
Re: Is It Time For Christians To Put Up Or Shut Up? by JesusPeople: 11:42am On Oct 07, 2019
frosbel2:

Trash can? cheesy

Its still here and you even commented.

Who used the flush button grin
Re: Is It Time For Christians To Put Up Or Shut Up? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Oct 07, 2019
Of course true Christians are as quiet as our Master, Lord and King. You can't hear his voice in the main streets, he search for people who are willing to pick interest in his presentation, NOT those who feels like arguing for pride! Matthew 12:19

So Jehovah's Witnesses {true Christians} aren't ready for public arguments, our job is to speak privately with interested individuals!

Please true Christians are silent in the public but our activities are felt globally despite our silence!

So try to strengthen those close to you by infusing atheism in their brains, but be rest assured that if they are Jehovah's sheep, they will stand one day respectfully before you with mindness of speech to show you how stupid you are! wink

That's the time you'll need to pick up harmful weapons to threaten your own father, mother, wife, son, brother or close relation who have chosen to worship the one and only true God!wink

(1) (Reply)

UK Position On Gay Marriage Satanic, Ignore It, CAN Tells Buhari / Food Affects The Your Spiritual Well Being. / My Wasted Years In Olumba Olumba Obu’s Evil Brotherhood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.