Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,017 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:15 AM

Check Out This E-scooter With 4G And Wifi Connectivity - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Check Out This E-scooter With 4G And Wifi Connectivity (1821 Views)

Valuable Scooter Care And Maintenance Tips | Droom / The New BMW 3 Series Blazes A Trail For Design And Connectivity (photos) / Buy Bike & Scooter Insurance At Best Price | Droom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Check Out This E-scooter With 4G And Wifi Connectivity by carfreaksng: 2:28pm On Jan 19, 2018
Every January, the world’s tech companies gather at the annual Consumer Electronics Show to show off their latest technologies and products. Though it’s primarily a technology trade show, every CES sees a number of motorcycle-related products introduced to the public. For example, Honda rolled out its self-balancing bike at last year’s CES. One of the biggest attention getters this year is an electric scooter with some neat features and a whole lot of style called from a Luxembourg company called Ujet.

POWER

For power, the Ujet scooter mounts two separate power packs, one with a 70-mile range and the other with a 90 mile range. Although the futuristic little urban runabout only boasts an equivalent horsepower output of 5.5bhp, it makes up for it with 66 ft-lbs of torque, all of which is instantly on tap via the electric powertrain. At a bit over 100lbs wet, the scooter is capable of reaching a top-speed of around 30mph.

TECH FEATURES

Part of what really sets the Ujet apart is its integrated technology. The Ujet scooter comes a built-in dash cam, two separate USB ports, GPS, and Bluetooth connectivity. That last feature allows the scooter to be paired with a smartphone via a telematics app, and through the use of WiFi and 4G connectivity users can monitor battery level, GPS location, and even have the ability to remotely disable the thing in the event of a theft.

One of the most noticeable features on the scooter are its spoke-free orbital wheels. Two different seat designs and heights are available, as well as the customer’s choice of any of five-color-options. Because the batteries are stored underneath the seat, storage room is pretty limited on these e-scoots, but the company does say it’s currently in the process of rolling out a line of accessories which will include luggage and other storage options.

PRICE:

Ujet plans on the new scooter hitting the auto market sometime in Summer of 2018 with a projected MSRP in the neighborhood of $10K, though this is obviously subject to change

Source : http://carfreaksng.com/2018/01/11/check-e-scooter-4g-wifi-connectivity/
Re: Check Out This E-scooter With 4G And Wifi Connectivity by KlarkDevlin: 6:43pm On Jan 19, 2018
This is a good life hack!
Re: Check Out This E-scooter With 4G And Wifi Connectivity by davidblack007(m): 9:02pm On Feb 28, 2020
4G for scooter
Re: Check Out This E-scooter With 4G And Wifi Connectivity by StrRock: 9:04pm On Feb 28, 2020
Strange model..
Re: Check Out This E-scooter With 4G And Wifi Connectivity by StrRock: 9:05pm On Feb 28, 2020
Of course, this is a very cool and high-tech scooter, but I still don’t understand how a scooter can cost $ 10,000 and why 4g technology is needed for an ordinary scooter. I personally use a scooter that costs up to $ 1,000 and it rides great. In general, I decided to switch to a scooter as it is a more ecologic transport, and besides, I had an accident in a car more than 2 times and I no longer want to risk my health. I started looking for scooters on the Internet but there were so many of them that I decided to read the reviews because I did not understand the characteristics at all. After I read several articles, I decided to take one very cool and fast model and now I can drive safely. So if you want to find a good scooter then Check here.
Re: Check Out This E-scooter With 4G And Wifi Connectivity by uraniumman(m): 3:15pm On Apr 02, 2020
4G? Whaaat? Ok, I have only one question - what for do you need internet on the scooter? Moreover, such device will be overpriced, so what for do I need to pay more, when I can buy common scooter? For example, I have recently bought GOTRAX GLX Commuting Electric Scooter for $250. This is a very nice scooter. Assembly was super simple. We charged it up a few hours as instructed and have gotten a lot of use out of it already. It's super easy to operate and a very smooth riding scooter. It would be a great downtown commuter. Highly recommended. You can read more about it - click here.
Re: Check Out This E-scooter With 4G And Wifi Connectivity by jogncartman: 9:33am On Apr 03, 2020
uraniumman:
4G? Whaaat? Ok, I have only one question - what for do you need internet on the scooter? Moreover, such device will be overpriced, so what for do I need to pay more, when I can buy common scooter? For example, I have recently bought GOTRAX GLX Commuting Electric Scooter for $250. This is a very nice scooter. Assembly was super simple. We charged it up a few hours as instructed and have gotten a lot of use out of it already. It's super easy to operate and a very smooth riding scooter. It would be a great downtown commuter. Highly recommended. You can read more about it - click here.
I hope it will be a good acquisition as my budget is limited
Re: Check Out This E-scooter With 4G And Wifi Connectivity by Kayharry(m): 9:13pm On Oct 07, 2020

(1) (Reply)

My P307 Is Giving Me Trouble ! / Where To Buy Honda CVT Fluid / Someone Help Me With Info On How to Check if a car is not stolen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.