Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,968 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

How Good Was Sunday Oliseh? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / How Good Was Sunday Oliseh? (2733 Views)

Sunday Oliseh At Bayern Munich Stadium ( Allianz Arena) / Sunday Oliseh, Invites 23 Players For Tanzania Match / Sunday Oliseh Meets With Victor Moses In London.....photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Good Was Sunday Oliseh? by Olaolufred(m): 8:40am On Apr 27, 2010
Essien is not yet better than Oliseh.
We have only seen his all in Chelsea.
Wait and see him after his footballing career.
For now, let us stop calling messi the world's ever greatest player when he has not score 500 goals.
Stop saying Essien is better when you have only seen a little good performance.
Wait and see his consistency for a period of time.
Thanks.
Re: How Good Was Sunday Oliseh? by Sagamite(m): 9:27am On Apr 27, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Easy bro. . .I never said or meant to imply Essien wasn't better. I just don't agree with the way you phrased it. Essien just edges Sunday Oliseh IMO, as in he's just marginally better and not far better as you put it.

I get what you are saying bruv, but I still thinking the gap is enough to say far better.

To me, it is like comparing Torres/Villa to Kanoute/Pavluchenko. Like comparing Nesta to Jaap Stam.

Olaolufred:

Essien is not yet better than Oliseh.
We have only seen his all in Chelsea.
Wait and see him after his footballing career.
For now, let us stop calling messi the world's ever greatest player when he has not score 500 goals.
Stop saying Essien is better when you have only seen a little good performance.
Wait and see his consistency for a period of time.
Thanks.

Essien has already played 10 seasons of pro football, so he is not a newbie we can not assess.

In that 10 years, he has shined beyond this planet, scored more numbers of spectacular goals, controlled the field against the best in the world in the Champions League (note: not 'played against' but controlled) even when playing in a smaller profile team (Lyon) and, despite playing less games and having less caps, he has already exceeded Oliseh's goals record at club and country level.
Re: How Good Was Sunday Oliseh? by SeanLewis(m): 3:59pm On May 02, 2010
[color=#550000][/color] Even at that, why has africans 4gotten him so fast? Oliseh was a great midfielder during his time. I just hope he wuld be in d list of african legends of all time
Re: How Good Was Sunday Oliseh? by SeanLewis(m): 3:59pm On May 02, 2010
[color=#550000][/color] Even at that, why has africans 4gotten him so fast? Oliseh was a great midfielder during his time. I just hope he wuld be in d list of african legends of all time
Re: How Good Was Sunday Oliseh? by Tattooboy: 4:39pm On May 03, 2010
Yes he was better than Essien when he was hot. Check out Nigeria's 3rd goal against Spain in France '98.
Re: How Good Was Sunday Oliseh? by Sagamite(m): 5:52pm On May 03, 2010
Tattooboy:

Yes he was better than Essien when he was hot. Check out Nigeria's 3rd goal against Spain in France '98.

How was he better than Essien? Because of the Spain goal?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can A Goal Keeper Be Caught In An Offside Position? / Unbelievable: See The Picture Of The Guinean Player Who Tied “juju” On His Waist / Messi's First Barcelona Contract With Pics.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.