Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,800 members, 7,813,633 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:22 PM

Sunday Torch: Shame Is A Consequence Of Sin By Jayne C. Boms - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Sunday Torch: Shame Is A Consequence Of Sin By Jayne C. Boms (336 Views)

Olokode Olawale, The Police Boss With A Midas Torch / Saroda 3 Bulbs Multipurpose Solar With Florescent, Torch Radio And Phone Charger / National Security – Enduring Farmer/herder Crises: A Consequence Of Successive F (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sunday Torch: Shame Is A Consequence Of Sin By Jayne C. Boms by Dailymemoirs: 12:11am On Jan 21, 2018
Sunday Torch: Shame is a Consequence of Sin By Jayne C. Boms
JANUARY 20, 2018 / DAILYMEMOIRSNEWS

SHAME A CONSEQUENCE OF SIN

By Jayne C. Boms

“I heard the sound of You in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked, and I hid myself.”Genesis 3:10

John looked around the kitchen he saw no one, he walked hurriedly to the pot, put his hands and stole a piece of meat. On getting to the door he saw his aunt looking right at him with a menacing glance, filled with shame, he ran away from the other door. John! John! she yelled, but he was so scared that he couldn’t bear the thought of being confronted.

Have you ever felt bad about your wrong actions? Have you ever had to run away because you were afraid of being scolded?

Shame has been defined by the Oxford dictionary as an awareness or distress arising from the consciousness that you have done something wrong.

We see a clear example in Genesis of the first consequence of sin which is shame. All the while Adam and Eve were actually naked but were not conscious of it because of their obedience to God. They had an everyday fellowship with God and feared nothing till the enemy came and thwarted it with a need for sin. Did God say? the serpent asked. Disobedience to God brings us to shame which makes us run away from God. Adam and Eve hid behind fig leaves because of shame. shame is not the same as guilt. Guilt says

”what you did is bad but be sorry you did it by coming humbly to God” but shame says

”what you did is bad so you do not deserve to be close to God because of your evil nature”

While we are separated from God by shame we are united with him by guilt. Hebrews 10:22, says “Let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water.”

Satan uses shame to brutalize the sinner and keep him stuck in sin but through the blood of Jesus God has paid a price for our shame and granted us salvation

Prayer ; Lord forgive me for my wrong doings, cleanse me and bring me close to you once more. amen

Jayne C. Boms is a law student of Rivers State University and a writer for Daily Memoirs

https://dailymemoirsnews./2018/01/20/shame-is-a-consequence-of-sin-by-jayne-c-boms/

(1) (Reply)

Is It Good To Give Out Or Sell A Gift? / Nsit Ubium 2019: Don Bassey 'shadecover' Reveals Plans / Edo Govt. Partners NIGCOMSAT On Deployment Of E-learning Facilities In Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.