Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,922 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

Queues Back In Lagos Fuel Stations - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Queues Back In Lagos Fuel Stations (11492 Views)

Fuel Stations Sell Fuel In Daura, Jibiya Border Towns Despite Ban / Radio Biafra Reportage On Lagos Fuel Tanker Explosion / Vice Pres. Prof Yemi Osibanjo Makes A Surprise Visit To Fuel Stations In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Queues Back In Lagos Fuel Stations by metronaijaNG: 8:47am On Jan 21, 2018
Queues seems to have returned to many filling stations in Lagos. As at yesterday January 20th, while some of the fuel stations in Lagos were closed because they did not have fuel, others that were opened and had fuel, had so many cars queued up to buy from them. How is fuel supply is your area?

http://www.metronaija.ng/queues-back-lagos-fuel-stations/
Re: Queues Back In Lagos Fuel Stations by SalamRushdie: 8:48am On Jan 21, 2018
The queues never left for one day so what are you saying

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Queues Back In Lagos Fuel Stations by madridguy(m): 8:53am On Jan 21, 2018
lipsrsealed
Re: Queues Back In Lagos Fuel Stations by ivandragon: 9:22am On Jan 21, 2018
pmb has lost touch with reality...

3 Likes

Re: Queues Back In Lagos Fuel Stations by doctokwus: 9:47am On Jan 21, 2018
ivandragon:
pmb has lost touch with reality...

Disappointing.
You make it sound like he just lost touch because of the fuel scarcity.The man lost touch the moment he turned a blind eye to all the brazenly corrupt characters in his government,turned bigotry/stone age clannishness to an art of governance and made crude propaganda,deception and outright lies,part and parcel of the governance process.
God is true and just.
Buhari took a sacred covenant with people and when God saw his pledges,promises and built up personae were a catalogue of lies and deception and that Buhari's inspiration is satanic in nature,he decided to expose him for who he is.
This divine God wrath opened the eyes of my likes,but the challenge is that many more are still being influenced by the devil to agitate and canvass for a second term for Buhari.
If he does get re elected,I fear for the country called Nigeria.

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Queues Back In Lagos Fuel Stations by ivandragon: 10:04am On Jan 21, 2018
doctokwus:

Disappointing.
You make it sound he just lost touch because of the fuel scarcity.The man lost touch the moment he turned a blind eye to all the brazenly corrupt characters in his government.
God is true and just.
He took a sacred covenant with people and when God saw his pledges and promises and built up personae were a catalogue of lies,deception and Buhari's inspiration is satanic in nature,he decided to expose him for who he is.
This divine God wrath opened the eyes of my likes,but the challenge is that many more are still being influenced by the devil to agitate and canvass for a second term for Buhari.

I was just stating the obvious...

I have known pmb since the 80s & always knew he had nothing to offer...

however, how that narrative changed in 2014 was alarming. but it was able to 'fly' because Nigeria presently has a generation of youths who refuse to do research.

once they can't find it on the internet, to them, it doesn't exist. even when they are referred to books, journals & other educational materials that researched issues that had to do with pmb pre-2003, they call it 'trash' or can't summon the brainpower to study...

it got to a head when they even said his educational qualifications don't matter... in this day & age...

furthermore, on the issue of corruption, some people point to the absence of corruption during his stint as military HoS. what they fail to realise is that pmb at the time did not give account, records of fraud were destroyed & the press intimidated into submission... that's why it seemed as if there was little corruption at the time.

pmb is as corrupt as they come, but his own style is to be the determiner of who gets what, when & how. he wants to be the one to determine who becomes wealthy, he doesn't want his authority challenged...

which is why his idea of utopia is having 100m Nigerians going to subsistence farming where they can barely feed themselves rather than industrialising the agric sector where 1m people can feed 200m leaving others free to pursue development in other sectors of economic development...

51 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Queues Back In Lagos Fuel Stations by Lisaint(m): 10:09am On Jan 21, 2018
I still que to buy fuel yesterday........

At 170/litre +100 money for keg
Despite the fact dah d fucking filling station has adjust their damm metre

The que never left before

11 Likes

Re: Queues Back In Lagos Fuel Stations by NwaNimo1(m): 10:15am On Jan 21, 2018
Good news.,,,,,

1 Like

Re: Queues Back In Lagos Fuel Stations by SalamRushdie: 10:37am On Jan 21, 2018
doctokwus:

Disappointing.
You make it sound like he just lost touch because of the fuel scarcity.The man lost touch the moment he turned a blind eye to all the brazenly corrupt characters in his government,turned bigotry/stone age clannishness to an art of governance and made crude propaganda,deception and outright lies,part and parcel of the governance process.
God is true and just.
Buhari took a sacred covenant with people and when God saw his pledges,promises and built up personae were a catalogue of lies and deception and that Buhari's inspiration is satanic in nature,he decided to expose him for who he is.

If only Nigeria had more people like you..You are always very fair in your views ..

10 Likes

Re: Queues Back In Lagos Fuel Stations by kuntash: 1:14pm On Jan 21, 2018
SalamRushdie:
The queues never left for one day so what are you saying

it did , unless you live in Badagry.

10days was queue free stations in 80% areas of Lagos this year

1 Like

Re: Queues Back In Lagos Fuel Stations by SalamRushdie: 1:17pm On Jan 21, 2018
kuntash:

it did , unless you live in Badagry.

10days was queue free stations in 80% areas of Lagos this year

I stay on the Island and the queues never left they just got shorter and you still had to bribe to get fuel in jerrycans ..I have not been able to get fuel on demand since December

7 Likes

Re: Queues Back In Lagos Fuel Stations by ArikeBooks: 1:59pm On Jan 21, 2018
"Abiola was appalled by the insanely long queues that she saw at petrol stations as the masses struggled to obtain gasoline for their vehicles and to power their generators.

She stopped to watch the commotion.

She was puzzled by the irony of a fuel shortage in a country that produced and supplied fuel to other countries. She wondered how Nigeria could be a top-producing member of the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC), and yet was unable to make fuel available for its own citizens.

Abiola shook her head at the incongruity."

-NAIJA, Which Way? A Novel

#NAIJAWhichWay

3 Likes

Re: Queues Back In Lagos Fuel Stations by FakoMaybach1: 2:17pm On Jan 21, 2018
I have made up my mind, come 2019 i will vote against Buhari....if he rigs the election, or if the Yorubas decide to join the Hausas to ruin this country for 4 more years, i will leave Nigeria.

If Thor Ragnarok taught me anything it is that Home is not a place or a specific location, Home is the people. If you south westerners decide to be wicked and Vote Buhari again, then i will leave the country for you...if u want the land come and collect it, if u want all the houses and wealth take it all, my ancestors were not originally Nigerians, they all migrated here from Oduduwa to Eri to dan fodio etc...so if i leave i can make the new country "HOME"

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Queues Back In Lagos Fuel Stations by DollarAngel(m): 5:59pm On Jan 21, 2018
LETS DANCE TO BUHARI INCOMPETENCE

7 Likes

Re: Queues Back In Lagos Fuel Stations by Alexgeneration(m): 5:59pm On Jan 21, 2018
The queue never left

3 Likes

Re: Queues Back In Lagos Fuel Stations by MhizzAJ(f): 5:59pm On Jan 21, 2018
How will someone now survive in this Lagos...I better park well where i am
Re: Queues Back In Lagos Fuel Stations by oshe11: 6:00pm On Jan 21, 2018
Where the queue go b4

3 Likes

Re: Queues Back In Lagos Fuel Stations by doctokwus: 6:00pm On Jan 21, 2018
So we will allow Buhari continue leading us like this to 2019!

5 Likes

Re: Queues Back In Lagos Fuel Stations by Badonasty(m): 6:00pm On Jan 21, 2018
metronaijaNG:
Queues seems to have returned to many filling stations in Lagos. As at yesterday January 20th, while some of the fuel stations in Lagos were closed because they did not have fuel, others that were opened and had fuel, had so many cars queued up to buy from them. How is fuel supply is your area?

Our minister of petroleum should just resign...he no sabi the work

4 Likes

Re: Queues Back In Lagos Fuel Stations by Teewhy2: 6:00pm On Jan 21, 2018
They just want to increase the price of fuel but playing hide and seek because election year is coming.
We will resist it this time around.
Most NNPC station that should be the first set of people to have fuel don't even have, so who is the government trying to deceive.

It is another Dry Season, a Season for construction works.
Need a Roof Parapet to bring out the beauty in your Building?
Check out details of our polystyrene parapet installation, it is light, fast to install and durable.
Prefect for land which doesn't much loads and renovation works.
Click below
https://www.nairaland.com/3726763/alternative-building-material-expanded-polystyrene/6

2 Likes

Re: Queues Back In Lagos Fuel Stations by naijapips04: 6:00pm On Jan 21, 2018
madridguy:
lipsrsealed

Sai Buhari.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Queues Back In Lagos Fuel Stations by olamil34(m): 6:01pm On Jan 21, 2018
And Buhari is worried about fulani colonies

3 Likes

Re: Queues Back In Lagos Fuel Stations by MrsNwaAmaikpe(f): 6:02pm On Jan 21, 2018
shocked shocked

Welcome to change

Re: Queues Back In Lagos Fuel Stations by ChangetheChange: 6:03pm On Jan 21, 2018
grin grin grin

Thunder fire Buhari who is the Minister of Petroleum
Re: Queues Back In Lagos Fuel Stations by ednut1(m): 6:04pm On Jan 21, 2018
When someone said nigeria is a zoo we all blast him. Apparently he was right o. I bot fuel @ 200 after 3 hr queue.

2 Likes

Re: Queues Back In Lagos Fuel Stations by davodyguy: 6:05pm On Jan 21, 2018
Quite unfortunate, but its true
Re: Queues Back In Lagos Fuel Stations by 12345baba(m): 6:05pm On Jan 21, 2018
Pmb is thinking of the situation with clarity and also taking his time to act. Stupid way of leading

4 Likes

Re: Queues Back In Lagos Fuel Stations by holutee(m): 6:06pm On Jan 21, 2018
Change

4 Likes

Re: Queues Back In Lagos Fuel Stations by Lanre4uonly(m): 6:08pm On Jan 21, 2018
It is well.

1 Like

Re: Queues Back In Lagos Fuel Stations by davidif: 6:08pm On Jan 21, 2018
metronaijaNG:

Please, please, please PMB sell those refineries and get them off govt hands and while you're at it, please kindly persuade, Exxon Mobil and their ilk to build refineries in the country. This concept of importing oil for a country like Nigeria doesn't make sense.

1 Like

Re: Queues Back In Lagos Fuel Stations by delvinmaya(m): 6:10pm On Jan 21, 2018
FakoMaybach1:
I have made up my mind, come 2019 i will vote against Buhari....if he rigs the election, or if the Yorubas decide to join the Hausas to ruin this country for 4 more years, i will leave Nigeria.

If Thor Ragnarok taught me anything it is that Home is not a place or a specific location, Home is the people. If you south westerners decide to be wicked and Vote Buhari again, then i will leave the country for you...if u want the land come and collect it, if u want all the houses and wealth take it all, my ancestors were not originally Nigerians, they all migrated here from Oduduwa to Eri to dan fodio etc...so if i leave i can make the new country "HOME"

Really, you had to drag Yorubas into this? Are the yorubas not joining you in the queue? Or they are not suffering as all other Nigerians are? This transcends the yorubas

5 Likes

Re: Queues Back In Lagos Fuel Stations by anibi9674: 6:12pm On Jan 21, 2018
ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

CCT Adjourns Onnoghen's Trial To Feb 13 For Hearing Of Application / Breaking; Issue New Proclamation On Edo Assembly, House Of Reps Tell Obaseki / Your Son Is An Outcast”-Yoruba Traditionalist Attacks Davido & Chioma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.