Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,052 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

How Fast Is Your University's Internet - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Fast Is Your University's Internet (6583 Views)

How Is Resumption Going So Far In Your University? / What Do You Regret Not Doing In Your University/School Days? / What Is The Name Of Your University And Course You Are Studying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Fast Is Your University's Internet by wisemrtortoise: 12:31pm On Jan 21, 2018
Basically i want to compare the speeds of the university provided network. here in ABU, you can get up to 100kbps with a student login and 200kbps with a staff login.

3 Likes

Re: How Fast Is Your University's Internet by Genesils(m): 1:10am On Jan 22, 2018
We wey our school no provide for us nko

And Glo dey pepper our eyes

9 Likes

Re: How Fast Is Your University's Internet by Dayo4real12: 4:50am On Jan 22, 2018
Here in ATBU u can get 7.1mbps, Very Fast

5 Likes

Re: How Fast Is Your University's Internet by zukasteve: 7:30am On Jan 22, 2018
University of Benin used to have fast internet during my days there but presently I don't know the situation there

When you are busy, occupied at work or busy reading for your final exams, stay calm we will handle your undergraduate research project, your Msc project, your PGD project and your PhD thesis. We will work with you through to the end to ensure that you end up with a
Plagiarism free, customs written and standard research project paper. This is what we do at https://RunMyResearch.com visit us there or call
+2348100661236
To place a direct order for a research visit
https://runmyresearch.com/hire-a-researcher/

[/quote]
Re: How Fast Is Your University's Internet by Edopesin: 7:30am On Jan 22, 2018
Re: How Fast Is Your University's Internet by Bonaventura(m): 7:30am On Jan 22, 2018
Here at the University of Abuja there is no Internet at all
Re: How Fast Is Your University's Internet by Damoxy(m): 7:30am On Jan 22, 2018
My school Internet is synonymous TO BUHARI's Administration

5 Likes

Re: How Fast Is Your University's Internet by momodub: 7:31am On Jan 22, 2018
Humm make I leave oya over to you pupils
Re: How Fast Is Your University's Internet by Nobody: 7:32am On Jan 22, 2018
Uni-home.

No internet.
Re: How Fast Is Your University's Internet by Nobody: 7:32am On Jan 22, 2018
Re: How Fast Is Your University's Internet by rxmusa(m): 7:33am On Jan 22, 2018
ABU ZARIA has one of the fastest internet with no restriction and found virtually at every corner of the university

4 Likes

Re: How Fast Is Your University's Internet by Nobody: 7:34am On Jan 22, 2018
Esut way no get good wifi internet
Network for hostel na rubbish
Re: How Fast Is Your University's Internet by Derawiz(m): 7:36am On Jan 22, 2018
Here in UNN thee speed varies with the WiFi location, as high as 5mb and as low as 200kbs though on a bad day it could be worse

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Fast Is Your University's Internet by satowind(m): 7:38am On Jan 22, 2018
Was fast my own days but in some location. Unical
Re: How Fast Is Your University's Internet by KushLyon(m): 7:38am On Jan 22, 2018
uniben's own is extremely fast at some locations....but slow at some place.... just the usual Wi-Fi wahala
Re: How Fast Is Your University's Internet by mrvitalis(m): 7:40am On Jan 22, 2018
Derawiz:
Here in UNN thee speed varies with the WiFi location, as high as 5mb and as low as 200kbs though on a bad day it could be worse
Great lion

3 Likes

Re: How Fast Is Your University's Internet by festwiz(m): 7:40am On Jan 22, 2018
Uniben, students acct: 50-100KB/s
Staff/admin acct: 500-4000KB/s

Painful part is that students pay a yearly fee of NGN5k.

5 Likes

Re: How Fast Is Your University's Internet by rawdpiper(m): 7:52am On Jan 22, 2018
UNILAG

5 Likes

Re: How Fast Is Your University's Internet by sunbbo(m): 7:56am On Jan 22, 2018
You are talking of fast when some higher institution of learning don't have..

Apply For PTDF Overseas M.Sc Scholarship Scheme 2018/2019 in Partnerships with Germany, France & China

The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF), the Federal Government agency with the mandate of developing indigenous human capacity and petroleum technology to meet the needs of the oil and gas industry, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for: PTDF Overseas M.Sc Scholarship Scheme 2018/2019 as follows;

Title: 2018/2019 Overseas M.Sc Scholarship Scheme Under PTDF Strategic Partnerships with Germany, France & China

The Strategic Partnership Scholarship

The Strategic Partnership Scholarship was developed to improve the Funds’ Overseas Scholarship Scheme by offering candidates the opportunity to benefit from a diversified pool of knowledge and the facilities offered by world-class institutions across the globe.

In recognition of the fact that the best education can be found on numerous shores, the Fund has sought out strategic partnerships in Germany, France and China where candidates are offered the opportunity to study in English-taught classes and conduct research in world- class facilities where they will also have the opportunity of experiencing new cultures and work environments.

Under this scheme, candidates are invited to apply through PTDF to specific programmes at the partner institutions in any of the three countries (full list of sponsored courses is available on the PTDF website: www.ptdf.gov.ng). The award includes the provision of flight tickets, payment of health insurance, payment of tuition and bench fees (where applicable) as well as the provision of allowances to meet the costs of accommodation and living expenses. The programmes will also include language classes to aid scholars settle into their new environments. Please note that the Fund will be responsible for obtaining admissions for the candidates to their selected programmes.

Selection Process, Criteria & Requirements 
PTDF scholarships are highly competitive and only candidates who are outstanding across the board are selected. A selection committee will be constituted to assess applications using the following criteria:

Membership of professional bodies
The viability of the study/research plan.
Applicants are required to make a case for their scholarship by submitting a statement of purpose (maximum 500 words) stating the reason(s) they want to undertake the study, the relevance of the proposed study to the industry and its expected impact on national development.

Requirements
MSc:

A minimum of Second Class Upper (2.1) qualification in their first degree or a Second Class Lower (2.2) with relevant industry experience
Must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service (NYSC)
Must be computer literate
Possession of 5 0/level credits including English Language.

Click here to view details

Source: http://www.ngjobseekers.com/2018/01/10/ptdf-overseas-m-sc-scholarship-scheme-20182019/
Re: How Fast Is Your University's Internet by introvertme: 7:58am On Jan 22, 2018
30kb/s
Re: How Fast Is Your University's Internet by Bishop1monte(m): 7:59am On Jan 22, 2018
In Udus you can get 50k upto 2mbps
Re: How Fast Is Your University's Internet by Teedawg: 8:00am On Jan 22, 2018
1100 mbps
Re: How Fast Is Your University's Internet by Aphrygian(m): 8:05am On Jan 22, 2018
Oau's intercu na wish, infact to make it washer if dem don take light like this no wireless again.
Re: How Fast Is Your University's Internet by Aphrygian(m): 8:06am On Jan 22, 2018
Oau's intercu is something else, infact to make it a nonsense network if dem don take light like this no wireless again.

1 Like

Re: How Fast Is Your University's Internet by bolakale30(m): 8:08am On Jan 22, 2018
rawdpiper:
UNILAG
I can testify to this. Education library that year... I had gotten as much as 10MB/S on this same IDM before, especially around 6pm downwards
Re: How Fast Is Your University's Internet by Johnnyoungster(m): 8:08am On Jan 22, 2018
what is a internet?!

1 Like

Re: How Fast Is Your University's Internet by etiosa24(m): 8:10am On Jan 22, 2018
Uniben student WiFi na big zero 40kb/s, the funny thing na you must dey very close to the WiFi to receive the 40kb/s.
In fact I better do Glo sub than do sch shithole wifi
Re: How Fast Is Your University's Internet by ugwusunday(m): 8:16am On Jan 22, 2018
Come to UNIMED ondo, the WI-FI is the best, u can download any big file within 15 to 20min...
Re: How Fast Is Your University's Internet by zarareal(m): 8:17am On Jan 22, 2018
fut Mx (I. T. S Gk) as high as 7mb/sec.

2 Likes

Re: How Fast Is Your University's Internet by okonja(m): 8:23am On Jan 22, 2018
rawdpiper:
UNILAG

From the timestamp on your taskbar {1:33AM}, you were probably the only on the link at that moment..so I'm not surprised because internet speed at off peak periods is always superb.
Re: How Fast Is Your University's Internet by iammolahs(m): 8:31am On Jan 22, 2018
Dayo4real12:
Here in ATBU u can get 7.1mbps, Very Fast
u sure?
Re: How Fast Is Your University's Internet by Nobody: 8:40am On Jan 22, 2018
rawdpiper:
UNILAG
pls give me the password abeg. I have being trying to use it on campus ever since.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Deleted / Meet The Kulkarnis, The World's Tallest Family. / Brilliant Students And Examination Malpractices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.