Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,653 members, 7,955,366 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:42 AM

Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). (12689 Views)

Rear-admiral Alison Madueke (rtd) Flies In Legal Team To Defend His Wife Diezani / How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) / Text Of General Ibrahim Babangida's Coup Speech in 1985 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). by kosovo(m): 8:19am On Apr 14, 2010
As General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). marches into Aso Rock!, i deemed it wise for us to know some of his most powerful quotes, which i compiled from most of his major speech, talks, quotes, other . . . etc . .

1. A society that does not correctly interpret and appreciate its past cannot understand its present fortunes and adversities and can be caught unawares in a fast changing world.
Ibrahim Babangida

2. Democracy opens new vistas and opportunities. We should use the opportunities it offers to correct past mistakes not to blunder anew.
Ibrahim Babangida

3. For as long as our people are held hostage by controllable socio-economic forces, we cannot afford to be indifferent to the ravages of poverty in all its dimensions and ramifications.
Ibrahim Babangida

4. Our approach to economic development must be modern, focused and in tune with the global trend.
Ibrahim Babangida

5. There is also work to do in the evolution of a stable family life and values, and in ensuring that the Nigerian family is built on core values that will form the bedrock of the future society. We must showcase the ideals of family life and be models of family values.
Ibrahim Babangida

6. We have established a new basis in our country in which economic liberalization would continue to flourish alongside democratic forces and deregulated power structure.
Ibrahim Babangida

7. The work of Nigeria is not complete for as long as there is any one Nigerian who goes to bed on empty stomach.
Ibrahim Babangida

8. The reason is that till date, in spite of advances in information technology and strategies of information, the written word in the form of books still remains one of humanity's most enduring legacies.
Ibrahim Babangida

9. We have established a new basis in our country in which economic liberalization would continue to flourish alongside democratic forces and deregulated power structure.
Ibrahim Babangida

10. Each one of us, and, indeed, all those who aspire to national leadership must bring their own visions, views and styles to the business of reforming Nigeria, and the search for solutions.
Ibrahim Babangida
Re: Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). by slap1(m): 8:36am On Apr 14, 2010
And who is he talking to? Is this a soliloquy, an aside, a quote or a verbal ablution?
Re: Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). by slap1(m): 8:40am On Apr 14, 2010
i deemed it wise for us to know some of his most powerful quotes
So that . . .? Are you pro-IBB?
Re: Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). by SapeleGuy: 8:44am On Apr 14, 2010
Slap1 - These quotes are all that you have said plus verbal diarrhea.

Kosovo, take am easy your rabid support for IBB is fast turning you into Nairaland's answer to Prof Omo Omoruyi.
Re: Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). by naso2(m): 9:09am On Apr 14, 2010
On that list number 6 and 9 are the same.

If you  are really serious about your support for IBB and see this as a way of polishing his image, why did you not state the time and occasion where he said these things? That will make the task of showing the entire globe how hypocritical you and IBB are extremely easy.

I can prove to you that all these glitzy statements where made at a time when the entire nation was suffering unprecedented hardship. Talk is cheap.

You however forgot the most important quote from him when he said he had tried all he knew on the nigerian economy but all to no avail and how surprised he was that the economy had refused to collapse. Abeg add that quote , then we can talk.
Re: Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). by elchux: 9:18am On Apr 14, 2010
how come you forgot when IBB said the nigeria economic problem has defied all economic theories. you rememder the programmes he came up with then?
Re: Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). by okeymadu(m): 9:41am On Apr 14, 2010
@Kosovo. I think many people have been banned for advertising products here. And here you are advertising a product, a bad one for that matter - IBB! You lost the moral rights to keep banning people especially my friend Becomricha or what is his new ID now? You will remember T.Danjuma quote "when a crusader is deficient in integrity who will belief his gospel?"

Look else where for advertising IBB an unban those youve banned 'cos you fell victim of same rule.
Re: Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). by Nobody: 9:52am On Apr 14, 2010
I don't understand the rationale behind this thread.

Kosovo, are you ok?
Re: Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). by slap1(m): 10:01am On Apr 14, 2010
Silly, senseless post of a confused, somnolent dreamer.
Re: Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). by okeymadu(m): 10:04am On Apr 14, 2010
slap1:

That says it all.

Becomricha even suggested that he is young enough to not know y IBB is called Maradona.
Re: Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). by oduz: 12:37pm On Apr 14, 2010
'Powerful quotes' by speechwriters, Quotes that were never translated in over 8yrs to match Murtala's 6months.
Good advertisement can only sell a bad product once, after that it will be paid for by stone pelting, those who speak for IBB today are mainly those who are too ignorant or comfortable to no how many lives were lost to his actions & in-actions & wont mind an en-chore. A word is enough for the wise.

okeymadu:

@Kosovo. I think many people have been banned for advertising products here. And here you are advertising a product, a bad one for that matter - IBB! You lost the moral rights to keep banning people especially my friend Becomricha or what is his new ID now? You will remember T.Danjuma quote  "when a crusader is deficient in integrity who will belief his gospel?"

Look else where for advertising IBB an unban those youve banned 'cos you fell victim of same rule.

Noted

slap1:

Thanks Big Bro

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed angry angry angry
Re: Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). by meexteriox(m): 1:10pm On Apr 14, 2010
Kosovo, pls quickly add this last one, did you foprget?

11.I step aside, after due consultation, i hereby give up on Nigeria. Shonekan will rule for some few months and then handover to my thieving brother Abacha.

Kosovo, find work do, abeg. How can you wish this evil on your fellow countrymen? Chei
Re: Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). by kosovo(m): 3:47pm On Apr 14, 2010
i have read your comments and they are all laughable . . . you all claim to be preaching change, but your comments have no single element of change in it . . . There is no difference between your comments and the imposition of candidates in Primaries of various political parties . . . No body has the right to impose any candidate on anybody . . . I like IBB and his new policies and that is no one's business, if you do not like him that's your problem, you will have to deal with your self . . Insulting me cos i like IBB is insane, that's why it's called an election, everybody has a reason to vote for someone . . . My reason for going with IBB has been posted here, and it's simple and clear . . .
Re: Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). by Nobody: 3:58pm On Apr 14, 2010
kosovo:

i have read your comments and they are all laughable . . . you all claim to be preaching change, but your comments have no single element of change in it . . . There is no difference between your comments and the imposition of candidates in Primaries of various political parties . . . No body has the right to impose any candidate on anybody . . . I like IBB and his new policies and that is no one's business, if you do not like him that's your problem, you will have to deal with your self . . Insulting me cos i like IBB is insane, that's why it's called an election, everybody has a reason to vote for someone . . . My reason for going with IBB has been posted here, and it's simple and clear . . .

Those 10 quotes are the reason you've jumped into bed with IBB? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). by Ibime(m): 4:21pm On Apr 14, 2010
Maradona knows how to dribble. Dont be suckered in by his newfound espousal of progressive policies, especially his plans to instill Federalism in Nigeria. Did all these policies not cross his mind during his 8 years in charge? Whilst the temptation is there to believe that you need a strong man like IBB to change society for the better, we must know that change comes from the citizenry, not from its leaders.

So far, Ill just say IBB is telling you what you want to hear, as has always been the case with IBB.
Re: Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). by naijaking1: 4:29pm On Apr 14, 2010
@poster
I didn't see anything about June 12 in those "quotes".
Re: Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). by ojimboIV: 4:46pm On Apr 14, 2010
@kosovo.
thanks for painstakingly 'compiling' these quotes.
but before i address them, can you provide perhaps links (or maybe pointers) to these 'speeches, talks, quotes, others' because we need to know the context in which they were said. thanks.
Re: Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). by kosovo(m): 4:52pm On Apr 14, 2010
^^^^
working on that . . . Thx
Re: Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). by hatch: 5:32pm On Apr 14, 2010

As General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). marches into Aso Rock!, i deemed it wise for us to know some of his most powerful quotes, which i compiled from most of his major speech, talks, quotes, other . . . etc . .

kosovo:

^^^^
working on that . . . Thx

Kosovo, i swear you are as clueless as Becomerich. I won't be suprised if you are another variant of him.

Anyway i am eagerly waiting for you to defend these rather
, un intelligent speeches you claim babangida is responisble for lipsrsealed
Re: Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). by yemmight(m): 5:44pm On Apr 14, 2010
October 19, 1986
Re: Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). by yemmight(m): 5:46pm On Apr 14, 2010
DELE GIWA: The silent fact
Re: Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). by Nobody: 5:46pm On Apr 14, 2010
A society that does not correctly interpret and appreciate its past cannot understand its present fortunes and adversities and can be caught unawares in a fast changing world.
Ibrahim Babangida
Babangida is seriously not okay?

He wants us to appreciate the past crimes he did uh?
Re: Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). by 9ijaprince(m): 5:55pm On Apr 14, 2010
Kosovo : am highly disappointed at you. How much is ibb paying you for this PR.
Re: Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). by violent(m): 5:59pm On Apr 14, 2010

you really need to change your weed supplier, he sold you bad weed this time!
Re: Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). by chosen04(f): 6:01pm On Apr 14, 2010
Sentiments apart:-

IBB is a DEVIL, those who supports him are DISASTERS!
Re: Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). by Beaf: 6:05pm On Apr 14, 2010
Another dangerous IBB fad, but this one too will pass by. [size=14pt]IBB is a demon[/size]. cool
Re: Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). by kosovo(m): 6:06pm On Apr 14, 2010
What happened to all the support for yar adua? . . . Transparency . . . He left N6BN in Kastina . . . I still remember everything that happened here
during the campaign. . .Everyone has forgotten so soon . . .
I do not base my judgment on crowd . . . I look at policies rather than Promises . . . 7 Point Agenda . . . anyone . . .
IBB will deliver true Democracy and Federalism . . . Thats all we need, and Rapid growth and Development would follow . . . May 29th 2011 can't come soon!
Re: Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). by Nobody: 6:25pm On Apr 14, 2010
kosovo:

1. A society that does not correctly interpret and appreciate its past cannot understand its present fortunes and adversities and can be caught unawares in a fast changing world.
Ibrahim Babangida

2. Democracy opens new vistas and opportunities. We should use the opportunities it offers to correct past mistakes not to blunder anew.
Ibrahim Babangida

3. For as long as our people are held hostage by controllable socio-economic forces, we cannot afford to be indifferent to the ravages of poverty in all its dimensions and ramifications.
Ibrahim Babangida

4. Our approach to economic development must be modern, focused and in tune with the global trend.
Ibrahim Babangida

5. There is also work to do in the evolution of a stable family life and values, and in ensuring that the Nigerian family is built on core values that will form the bedrock of the future society. We must showcase the ideals of family life and be models of family values.
Ibrahim Babangida

6. We have established a new basis in our country in which economic liberalization would continue to flourish alongside democratic forces and deregulated power structure.
Ibrahim Babangida

7. The work of Nigeria is not complete for as long as there is any one Nigerian who goes to bed on empty stomach.
Ibrahim Babangida

8. The reason is that till date, in spite of advances in information technology and strategies of information, the written word in the form of books still remains one of humanity's most enduring legacies.
Ibrahim Babangida

9. We have established a new basis in our country in which economic liberalization would continue to flourish alongside democratic forces and deregulated power structure.
Ibrahim Babangida

10. Each one of us, and, indeed, all those who aspire to national leadership must bring their own visions, views and styles to the business of reforming Nigeria, and the search for solutions.
Ibrahim Babangida

i cant just understand why kosovo so much like babangida.to me,there is nothing ibb can say that can repair the ills of his administration.
-will his quote provide justice or bring back kudirat abiola who he killed because of her confrontation to ibb for nullifying her husband victory.
-will ibb words bring back hundreds of thousand lives that were lost during his 8 years reign?
-how did ibb impact positively on the economy and family live that he is now canvassing for?
Ibb would have been dead or imprisoned in a normal democracy.nigerians are tired of sugar-coated leaders who only embarrass democratic values when election period approaches.he is not the leader nigeria TRULY deserve and can never be.
Re: Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). by naso2(m): 6:27pm On Apr 14, 2010
@kosovo

After 1993 IBB must have taken high-level courses on economic development and politics from the best schools in the world, because if he could not achieve all of what you are saying in his first eight years(1985-1993) what has changed about him?

abi na home service lecturers come give am for him Minna mansion?
Re: Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). by Nobody: 6:33pm On Apr 14, 2010
Memo to BigB1: Please come & join Kosovo on IBB's four-poster bed grin You guys make a hilarious three.some grin
Re: Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). by Jarus(m): 6:34pm On Apr 14, 2010
Another quote from IBB, 1996

' After Gani, it is only (Professor) Awojobi and Bala Yusufu Usman, that I know as genuine activists. They would have done their homeworks well before coming out to challenge you' (not verbatim)
Re: Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). by Nobody: 6:41pm On Apr 14, 2010
Jarus:

Another quote from IBB, 1996

' After Gani, it is only (Professor) Awojobi and Bala Yusufu Usman, that I know as genuine activists. They would have done their homeworks well before coming out to challenge you' (not verbatim)
you guys are so funny.the same gani he sent to prison several times

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Policemen & Soldiers In A Gun-battle At Dongoyaro In Bauchi / Nmamdi Kanu Might Be Correct About Jubril Of Sudan. / Anambra: Court Dismisses Suit Seeking To Disqualify Charles Soludo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.