Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,549 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). (12474 Views)

Rear-admiral Alison Madueke (rtd) Flies In Legal Team To Defend His Wife Diezani / How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) / Text Of General Ibrahim Babangida's Coup Speech in 1985 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). by hatch: 6:42pm On Apr 14, 2010
Jarus:

Another quote from IBB, 1996

' After Gani, it is only (Professor) Awojobi and Bala Yusufu Usman, that I know as genuine activists. They would have done their homeworks well before coming out to challenge you' (not verbatim)

And who do we have here, It is Jarus or is it Suraj the one and only A.ss Kisser for Sanusi Lamido  grin Here to give us more intelligent quotes from the evil genius himself.
Re: Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). by Jarus(m): 8:03pm On Apr 14, 2010
hatch#:

And who do we have here, It is Jarus or is it Suraj the one and only behind Kisser for Sanusi Lamido grin Here to give us more intelligent quotes from the evil genius himself.
grin Same personality on and off-NL. The Jarus of NL has never hidden his ensdorsement of SLS, and elsewhere, Suraj has never denied his approval of SLS's reforms, even as I have openly faulted him on a number of issues unlike Mikeansy, Beaf and co that never see anything right on him.

On IBB, I'm no fan of his. This thread is on quotes of IBB and the fact that I contributed here the only quote of him I know doesn't mean I'm attaching 'intelligence' to teh quote. Even Satan are quoted in Holy Books, in warning people against him.
Re: Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). by redsun(m): 8:57pm On Apr 14, 2010
IBB must be killed if he is really vying for presidential election in nigeria.It is the greatest insult that will happen to sane nigerians if he is allowed to contest for presidential election,talkless of winning it,it is like spitting on the graves of honest dead and yet to die nigerians.
Re: Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). by redsun(m): 9:07pm On Apr 14, 2010
IBB should be dead,in jail or on the run,he is a felon,a saboteur with the highest treasonable crime against the country on his head yet he is vying for a presidential election in nigeria,What does that say of ordinary nigerians?Zombies.

The country is practically disappearing into a black hole,a state of oblivion,practically a country of idiots
Re: Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). by violent(m): 9:10pm On Apr 14, 2010
redsun:

IBB must be killed if he is really vying for presidential election in nigeria.It is the greatest insult that will happen to sane nigerians if he is allowed to contest for presidential election,talkless of winning it,it is like spitting on the graves of honest dead and yet to die nigerians.

redsun:

IBB should be dead,in jail or on the run,he is a felon,a saboteur with the highest treasonable crime against the country on his head yet he is vying for a presidential election in nigeria,What does that say of ordinary nigerians?Zombies.

The country is practically disappearing into a black hole,a state of oblivion,practically a country of idiots

i couldn't agree with you less. the fact that some people see him as the next best thing after shaving stick is really worrisome
Re: Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). by kosovo(m): 7:20am On Apr 15, 2010
it is not a facina -oris to support IBB, you all may have abhorrence to IBB, but i am pretty sure that i am seeing what most people are not seeing . . .
i am yet to see the nequitia nequities of IBB, Which is in most cases Similar to OBJ's . . . Even at that, some quarters recently said OBJ was the Best president Nigeria has ever had, isn't that hypocritical? . . given the similarities and parallelism of both people . .  .  Lets live above parti pris and support a voluntas government, which can only be achieved by true Federalism, and has been promised by IBB . . .
Re: Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). by Jarus(m): 7:46am On Apr 15, 2010
kosovo:

it is not a facina -oris to support IBB, you all may have abhorrence to IBB, but i am pretty sure that i am seeing what most people are not seeing . . .
i am yet to see the nequitia nequities of IBB, Which is in most cases Similar to OBJ's . . . Even at that, some quarters recently said OBJ was the Best president Nigeria has ever had, isn't that hypocritical? . . given the similarities and parallelism of both people . . . Lets live above parti pris and support a voluntas government, which can only be achieved by true Federalism, and has been promised by IBB . . .

Kosovo at his Obahiagbonese best grin
Re: Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). by okeymadu(m): 7:58am On Apr 15, 2010
@Kosovo.
When you are done with the "Olympian Grammer" you will still come to the realisation that your support and propagation of IBB ultimatelly infers that you lack charisma.

You keep recycling people for same position again and again,

And belief that without a particular person a job cant be done,

Well I dont blame you. 'A child who has not tasted another person's mum's food will always belief that his mum remain the best cook in the world not even in their locality'.

cheesy grin
Re: Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). by meexteriox(m): 8:06am On Apr 15, 2010
Apart from Obasanjo, Babangida is the greatest evil ever to befall any country in the world)-All that Babangida, (nicknamed IBB), has to show for his over eight years in power in Nigeria, is private colossal wealth, and the edification of corruption in our body politics. Yes, he is richer than many African governments and can buy who ever he wants, but he ruined our lives to reach there. The book, The Sink, by Jeffrey Robinson, an American writer, says it all about Babangida. “Of the $120 billion siphoned out of the Nigerian treasury into offshore accounts by dishonest politicians, $20 billion is allegedly traceable to IBB directly as president from 1985 to 1993.” The World Bank and other international sources of information put his total loot from the Nigerian treasury at over $35 billion.
Re: Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). by Nobody: 8:31am On Apr 15, 2010
I'm guessing Kosovo's age at between 18-22 years. Ditto for all these guys sucking on IBB's di.ck on this forum.

They were toddlers during the period IBB was committing his heinous crimes so we can't really hold them to account for their ignorance/foolishness.
Re: Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). by kosovo(m): 8:41am On Apr 15, 2010
ziddy:

I'm guessing Kosovo's age at between 18-22 years. Ditto for all these guys sucking on IBB's di.ck on this forum.

They were toddlers during the period IBB was committing his heinous crimes so we can't really hold them to account for their ignorance/foolishness.
Your comments trying to make yourself superior has only made you ridiculous. . .
If only the old men were wise enough to decide who to govern them, there there would be no reason to make voting eligible at age 18 . . .
You are trying too hard already, Things like this has always lead humanity in a state of rabidus and/or calamity
Re: Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). by Nobody: 8:44am On Apr 15, 2010
kosovo:

Your comments trying to make yourself superior has only made you ridiculous. . .
If only the old men were wise enough to decide who to govern them, there there would be no reason to make voting eligible at age 18 . . .
You are trying too hard already, Things like this has always lead humanity in a state of rabidus and/or calamity

Age doesn't make anyone superior. . . I thought you knew that already

Things like what?
Re: Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). by kosovo(m): 8:55am On Apr 15, 2010
ziddy:

Age doesn't make anyone superior. . . I thought you knew that already

Things like what?
how contradictory and conflicting . You brought age into the issue, even when Nothing about anyone's age has been brought up in this thread, now you ask me this question? Did you read your last 2 comments??
Re: Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). by Nobody: 9:12am On Apr 15, 2010
@ Kosovo

Why are you so touchy about age? If you're actually ≤ 22 years, it's to your credit, you're doing well for yourself if we go by your contributions to this forum grin What am saying is that you were probably too young to feel the impact of IBB on our direction as a Nation, that's why you can come here and campaign for him.

And I can assure you, you're making a grievous mistake throwing in your lot with IBB.
Re: Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). by jaybee3(m): 9:16am On Apr 15, 2010
meexteriox:

“Of the $120 billion siphoned out of the Nigerian treasury into offshore accounts by dishonest politicians, $20 billion is allegedly traceable to IBB directly as president from 1985 to 1993.” The World Bank and other international sources of information put his total loot from the Nigerian treasury at over[b] $35 billion[/b].
With that he had definitely be sitting comfortably among the top 5 richest in the whole universe.
Geez, what does this man want again?
Make your vote count and refuse to be bought
Re: Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). by kosovo(m): 9:20am On Apr 15, 2010
ziddy:

@ Kosovo

Why are you so touchy about age? If you're actually ≤ 22 years, it's to your credit, you're doing well for yourself if we go by your contributions to this forum grin What am saying is that you were probably too young to feel the impact of IBB on our direction as a Nation, that's why you can come here and campaign for him.

And I can assure you, you're making a grievous mistake throwing in your lot with IBB.
Keep the fallacies coming, there was no where i did confirm my age here . . . so what are talking about? Don't think you know something alone that everyone knows, that is an issue of non-conformity . . .
Re: Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). by meexteriox(m): 9:57am On Apr 15, 2010
@Kosovo
Your ignorance of the cunning of the person of IBB is finally coming to fore, and perhaps going Olympics.

A man that stole us blind is now threatening to use a fraction of his loot to return to power and a figure of N400 billion has been mentioned by his cronies as his campaign chest. We ought to be worrying now about how to survive this viper’s poisoned food. We are desperately hungry but if we eat, we die immediately. If we don’t, we die slowly from hunger anyway, terrorized by the viper’s fang. We are trapped. We can’t get up to look elsewhere for food or do anything else. The evil genius has hijacked our destiny.

Fortunately, there are still principled, conscientious and patriotic Nigerians, determined that if they must die, it must not be without a fight. Babangida would not return to rule over one Nigeria. If he does, lovers of Nigeria would, at least, make Nigeria ungovernable for him, failing which, they would emigrate. I would definitely renounce my citizenship of Nigeria if nothing else.
Re: Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). by hatch: 10:30am On Apr 15, 2010
@ kosovo

your contradictions in threads have reached an all time high and this is certainly alarming. I don't need to be told that you are still a little boy with little or no historical background about the events of things from 1985 to 93.

I' can't certainly make up your mind for you and i care less . But the truth be told you know nothing about this country and your regular rants only shows that you are one of those typical people that depend on the news about Nigeria they read on the internet , be it true or false , undecided
Re: Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). by kosovo(m): 2:56pm On Apr 15, 2010
hatch#:

@ kosovo

your contradictions in threads have reached an all time high and this is certainly alarming. I don't need to be told that you are still a little boy with little or no historical background about the events of things from 1985 to 93.

I' can't certainly make up your mind for you and i care less . But the truth be told you know nothing about this country and your regular rants only shows that you are one of those typical people that depend on the news about Nigeria they read on the internet , be it true or false , undecided
Your Desperation is not only embarrassing but ridiculous . . .
Re: Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). by ojimboIV: 2:58pm On Apr 15, 2010
@kosovo.

still waiting. grin grin
Re: Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). by blinx4real(m): 3:09pm On Apr 15, 2010
@Kosovo, if these LAME Quotes are the reasons why you think IBB is the mna, then you must be extremely gullible. Is IBB of today any different from who he was in 1993? What has changed? Who has he apologized to? What is he now commited to? In case you were not old enought o remember IBB was known to always speak RIGHT - Only in his actions does he give away his evil mind, you can ask Wole, Beko, Tai Solarin and co
Re: Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). by babamoha(m): 4:07pm On Apr 15, 2010
Why are you supporting this old rogue?
Re: Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). by oiseworld: 1:34am On Apr 16, 2010
you no get work,

tell your ibb to run to katsina and pick turai as wife, cause we don't want a president without a first lady. i think those two evils are compatible.
Re: Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). by OAM4J: 2:19am On Apr 16, 2010
@Kosovo

Please tell me IBB campaign organisation did not single you out and paid you to campaign for them knowing well that you are a political moderator on NL, am trying too hard to convince myself it's not true.

Your only reason for supporting IBB is that he promised true federalism, why are you so sure that someone like IBB whose 8 yr rule promoted a unitary government will deliver on that promise?

Again, are there no better candidates than a confirmed corrupt IBB?

Well if my suspicion is true, it will be a lot easier for a donkey to pass through the eye of the needle than for you to win a single well informed NL member to IBB camp.
Re: Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). by kosovo(m): 6:50am On Apr 16, 2010
^^^
i am not moved!
Re: Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). by Nobody: 7:20am On Apr 16, 2010
Nobody wants IBB.

He needs a reality check & he's sure to get it now, because Nigeria has moved way beyond where he left us in '93.
Re: Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). by rickie4us(m): 8:20am On Apr 16, 2010
IBB

This man is still very questionable

The more questions you ask, the less answers you get.
is this the kind of man you want as president?
Re: Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). by meexteriox(m): 9:08am On Apr 16, 2010
kosovo:

^^^
i am not moved!

Of course, you can't be moved. Please remain there, we've all left you and IBB behind.
Infact, you missed the bus to reality, remember? Now you are totally immobile.

If all IBB could deliver, as a young man was to loot our treasury dry, what is he bringing to the table now?
He does not even have the basic education or the intelligence. To be an expert at maneuvering a people and their treasury does not demonstrate intelligence as much as lack of moral fiber and self-discipline.

Babangida is an empty barrel midget, robed in threatening vulgar giant frippery of evil exploits.
He lacks respect for democracy and worth of human life. He killed Dele Giwa. He closed down Ogun state radio; Concord, Guardian, Punch and Sketch newspapers; Newswatch and News magazines, during his time.

He treated with contempt the Justice Chukwudifu Oputa led Human Rights Violation Investigation Commission (HRVIC), when summoned to answer charges on the murder of Dele Giwa. He also rushed to the court to prevent the implementation of the report of the Commission as it affected him.
Perhaps he wants to come back to rule so that he can retire with the biggest loot in history?

But according to the book: The Sink, and International anti-corruption agencies reports, he has achieved that status already so why does he not want to leave us alone?
Re: Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). by kosovo(m): 9:20am On Apr 16, 2010
^^^

That's the joy of election, everyone has something to say, and every candidate has supporters no matter how Bad or how Good. . .
an inner eye may be needed to see what IBB would bring to the table . . .
Re: Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). by blinx4real(m): 9:23am On Apr 16, 2010
kosovo:

^^^

That's the joy of election, everyone has something to say, and every candidate has supporters no matter how Bad or how Good. . .
Inner eye my foot!! Why should AN INNER EYE be required to see what IBB plans to do? why not make it plain and straightforward!
Re: Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). by KnowAll(m): 9:24am On Apr 16, 2010
The fact that some unruly men in uniform hijacked the Nigerian economy between 1983 to 1999 a period of 16 years, turning a boyant and vibrant economy into a basket case of undevelopment, wholesome illetracy, and both brain drain and capital flight is unforgivable. The truth must be said once in a while, the Hausa / Fulani destroyed Nigeria. Even now the Hausa / Fulani have the chance to pick a credible candidate from the North, yet they are bickering amongst themselves re-presenting and wheeling out the same men who undoubtedly have a case of subversion and mutiny to answer.

I cannot remember when coup plotting was excised from our common law, unless we pretend it has, as far as I am concerned and as far as the law stands today whether written or un-written, I still believe death by firing squad or hanging is the price those who endeavour in this kind of abject banditry. It would appear our law favours those who suceed in this outright subversion of our common wealth only rebuking those that failed, a policy rethink should commence, reprehension and justice should follow suit in tandem.

Why is some coup plotters still walking around with a swagger today, presenting themselves as Presidential Candidates, when their fellow colleagues such as Gidieon Orkar, Dimka and Vatsa had to pay the ultimate price.

This double standard needs to be revisited, rectified and the law applied accordingly, it is not only unfair to the likes of Dimka or Vatsa family it is cruel, evil and gross injustice. The day of reckoning and reproaching is at hand, IBB and Buhari should be apprehended wherever they are in the country and tried for their brazen and malicious mutiny. Even if they don't get the death penalty like their failed collegues, we should all abhor at the prospect of rewarding them with the higest office in the land, there permanent place of abode should be the gory arena of the Nigerian Prison, they should see and count themselves lucky to miss the hangman's noose only because they had a succesfu day in the game of death that they are a signatory to.
Re: Top Ten Quotes Of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd). by meexteriox(m): 9:27am On Apr 16, 2010
kosovo:

^^^

You should by now bury your ''inner eye'' in shame, Mr. Lone voice in the wilderness.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lawmakers Commend Ishaq Oloyede, JAMB Registrar Over N3bn Remittance / Regina Daniels’ Mum Reacts To 48 Hours Ultimatum Given To Igbos / Isese Day: Adeleke Declares Monday Public Holiday In Osun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.