Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,483 members, 7,816,143 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

Donald Trump's 'Past' Tweet Causes Uproar Over The Correctness Of His Grammar - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Donald Trump's 'Past' Tweet Causes Uproar Over The Correctness Of His Grammar (53288 Views)

Donald Trump’s Tweet About South Africa In 2013 (Pictured) / Italian Minister, Matteo Salvini, Tweet On ‘Nigerian Mafia Arrests’ / Amina Mohammed Shakes Donald Trump. See The Look On Melania Trump's Face (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Donald Trump's 'Past' Tweet Causes Uproar Over The Correctness Of His Grammar by Troublemaker007(m): 2:34pm On Jan 21, 2018
SweetJoystick:
lol Trump my guy. no mind them jare, nothing do you

Does grin
Re: Donald Trump's 'Past' Tweet Causes Uproar Over The Correctness Of His Grammar by Shilohbliss(m): 2:34pm On Jan 21, 2018
How does this affect me?
Re: Donald Trump's 'Past' Tweet Causes Uproar Over The Correctness Of His Grammar by Thickcok01: 2:35pm On Jan 21, 2018
Shithole america and its president including die hard trumpoo supporters (aka stupid igbo race) in nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Donald Trump's 'Past' Tweet Causes Uproar Over The Correctness Of His Grammar by mayorkyzo: 2:36pm On Jan 21, 2018
Petty democrats
Re: Donald Trump's 'Past' Tweet Causes Uproar Over The Correctness Of His Grammar by PierreDeFermath(m): 2:37pm On Jan 21, 2018
they should free my guy Trump joor. anybody can make a mistake. he typed it the way he pronounced it in his mind. it can happen to anybody,even Wole Soyinka
Re: Donald Trump's 'Past' Tweet Causes Uproar Over The Correctness Of His Grammar by CaptainFM1: 2:41pm On Jan 21, 2018
This Trump is way smarter than that. I think he just gave Democrats and CNN AKA"Fake News'' something to chew!

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump's 'Past' Tweet Causes Uproar Over The Correctness Of His Grammar by naijapips04: 2:41pm On Jan 21, 2018
NwaNimo1:
Trump went to an expensive shîthole school.....

Says a shithole citizen that is ever willing to fly out of his shithole county to wash plates in a non shithole country.

Trump is richer than you, your family + all your village members.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Donald Trump's 'Past' Tweet Causes Uproar Over The Correctness Of His Grammar by kinibigdeal(m): 2:42pm On Jan 21, 2018
naijapips04:
The message was 'past' across. That's all that matters.

Liberals are so bitter. Trump's first year in office has overseen the strongest American Economy in recent history.

The stock market is at an all time high, gaining over $3 trillion since he took office.

Unemployment is at its lowest among blacks, women.

People are getting pay rises because of the biggest Tax cuts in American history.

Trump has more women in government than all democratic president including Obama and Clinton.

ISIS has been diminished.

North Korea is now mellow and are ready to talk.

Democrats loathe this accomplishments so much that to slow him down, they have to invent a government shutdown because of something not related to the Budget bill in contention.

Democrats are putting illegal immigrants over US citizens because of votes.

President DONALD J Trump is making America and the world great again and he will be doing so for the next 7years.

Happy Anniversary DT!

Liberal are very frustrated. Even their media propaganda machine is failing them

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donald Trump's 'Past' Tweet Causes Uproar Over The Correctness Of His Grammar by obonujoker(m): 2:42pm On Jan 21, 2018
Trump is a successful businessman and billionaire.... He has nothing to prove to anyone...
Re: Donald Trump's 'Past' Tweet Causes Uproar Over The Correctness Of His Grammar by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jan 21, 2018
naijapips04:

Liberals are so bitter. Trump's first year in office has overseen the strongest American Economy in recent history.

The stock market is at an all time high, gaining over $3 trillion since he took office.

People are getting pay rises because of the biggest Tax cuts in American history.

Trump has more women in government than all democratic president including Obama and Clinton.

Democrats loathe this accomplishments so much that to slow him down, they have to invent a government shutdown because of something not related to the Budget bill in contention.

President DONALD J Trump is making America and the world great again and he will be doing so for the next 7years.

Happy Anniversary DT!

North Korea is now mellow?

Please can you direct me to where you read or heard this..please
.becauee just past few weeks they were threatening each other with how big the bomb remote of them are

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump's 'Past' Tweet Causes Uproar Over The Correctness Of His Grammar by Kennitrust(m): 2:43pm On Jan 21, 2018
U can come
Re: Donald Trump's 'Past' Tweet Causes Uproar Over The Correctness Of His Grammar by purplekayc(m): 2:48pm On Jan 21, 2018
It's a mistake ,simple
Re: Donald Trump's 'Past' Tweet Causes Uproar Over The Correctness Of His Grammar by naijapips04: 2:49pm On Jan 21, 2018
maynia:

North Korea is now mellow?

Please can you direct me to where you read or heard this..please
.becauee just past few weeks they were threatening each other with how big the bomb remote of them are

Yes they are.

NK is negotiating with SK on how to field candidates for the winter Olympics. As of this morning, they have reached an agreement for both Nk and SK to form a unitary Olympic team. That has never happened in Kim's regime.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donald Trump's 'Past' Tweet Causes Uproar Over The Correctness Of His Grammar by Dollarship(m): 2:52pm On Jan 21, 2018
We make mistakes
Re: Donald Trump's 'Past' Tweet Causes Uproar Over The Correctness Of His Grammar by Originalsly: 2:55pm On Jan 21, 2018
johnydon22:
The US opposition can sometimes be too petty for my liking.. I follow Trump on twitter and I am not even a trump fan but honestly sometimes he is criticised for nothing.

Simple tweets that do not warrant such antagonism is met with severe bashing and hateful comments..

"Past" and so?

He is not allowed to make mistakes anymore?

People should be bigger than this..

Sometimes i can't help but support some of his ideas..
Ordinary people like you can make such petty mistakes and they will be overlooked. He is the President..... the chief representative of America.....whatever he says or does can affect the country...put it in a positive or negative light...bring about peace or war. He is supposed to be perfect in his speech and writings..... that's why Presidents have speechwriters and editors. Did he make a mistake?.....to you it is...to Americans it is an embarrassment. How did you feel when Mama Peace be murdering English in her public speeches?...petty mistakes?...although English is not her first language? English is his first and only language. He need to be hammered...for a long time to come.

2 Likes

Re: Donald Trump's 'Past' Tweet Causes Uproar Over The Correctness Of His Grammar by nenergy(m): 2:55pm On Jan 21, 2018
johnydon22:
The US opposition can sometimes be too petty for my liking.. I follow Trump on twitter and I am not even a trump fan but honestly sometimes he is criticised for nothing.

Simple tweets that do not warrant such antagonism is met with severe bashing and hateful comments..

"Past" and so?

He is the most powerful man in the world and needs to STOP tweeting himself and allow his media aides to do it professionally. Some mistake are avoidable.

4 Likes

Re: Donald Trump's 'Past' Tweet Causes Uproar Over The Correctness Of His Grammar by Successdude(m): 2:56pm On Jan 21, 2018
SweetJoystick:
naso
Re: Donald Trump's 'Past' Tweet Causes Uproar Over The Correctness Of His Grammar by Actuarydeji(m): 2:58pm On Jan 21, 2018
SweetJoystick:
Abi. Mumu like you. I don't no why will are so gullible like this in Africa! Someone insulted your ancestor, yet nothing do am

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump's 'Past' Tweet Causes Uproar Over The Correctness Of His Grammar by expozey(f): 2:59pm On Jan 21, 2018
johnydon22:

"Past" and so?

Exactly. Every little mistake or misstep warrants a 3-5day hammering in the media. Even though it's true that Trump opens himself up for unnecessary criticism by being too garrulous, I see no reason why opposition keeps focusing on the minor and spend less time on the more important topics of discourse
Re: Donald Trump's 'Past' Tweet Causes Uproar Over The Correctness Of His Grammar by justwise(m): 3:01pm On Jan 21, 2018
naijapips04:

Happy Anniversary DT!

..because he needs something to grab

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump's 'Past' Tweet Causes Uproar Over The Correctness Of His Grammar by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jan 21, 2018
naijapips04:

Yes they are.

NK is negotiating with SK on how to field candidates for the winter Olympics. As of this morning, they have reached an agreement for both Nk and SK to form a unitary Olympic team. That has never happened in Kim's regime.

Bro can you show me where you read this. .which source
CNN?
Re: Donald Trump's 'Past' Tweet Causes Uproar Over The Correctness Of His Grammar by naijapips04: 3:10pm On Jan 21, 2018
maynia:

CNN?

Our very own punch carried it.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/punchng.com/north-korea-to-send-22-athletes-to-pyeongchang/amp/

They are sending delegation after an intense negotiations with SK. And yes, they both would be marching under one flags and would have a unitary ice hockey team.

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump's 'Past' Tweet Causes Uproar Over The Correctness Of His Grammar by justwise(m): 3:12pm On Jan 21, 2018
maynia:

CNN?

That is true but it did not happen this morning as the op you quoted pointed out and Trump can not take the credit.

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump's 'Past' Tweet Causes Uproar Over The Correctness Of His Grammar by musicwriter(m): 3:17pm On Jan 21, 2018
Its not up you/us as Africans to join them in finding errors in their language. That's why I despise people that do so.

Yours is to do the same in your native language, because if the Americans conclude ''past'' or ''passed'' is correct, we have no objection as English is their language not our language.

What any intelligeable person would do is see such and recognize it as the mistake it is, and ignore it. That this is news is an indication of how dumb people could be.

2 Likes

Re: Donald Trump's 'Past' Tweet Causes Uproar Over The Correctness Of His Grammar by Kotodoctor: 3:20pm On Jan 21, 2018
Originalsly:
Ordinary people like you can make such petty mistakes and they will be overlooked. He is the President..... the chief representative of America.....whatever he says or does can affect the country...put it in a positive or negative light...bring about peace or war. He is supposed to be perfect in his speech and writings..... that's why Presidents have speechwriters and editors. Did he make a mistake?.....to you it is...to Americans it is an embarrassment. How did you feel when Mama Peace be murdering English in her public speeches?...petty mistakes?...although English is not her first language? English is his first and only language. He need to be hammered...for a long time to come.

Lol! a president cannot make mistake again?

See you in court then.

Come and and explain your where about the day "ELLIPSIS died.
Re: Donald Trump's 'Past' Tweet Causes Uproar Over The Correctness Of His Grammar by kalu61(m): 3:21pm On Jan 21, 2018
frosbel2:
Under Drump, America is finished !!
you voted PMB as well
Re: Donald Trump's 'Past' Tweet Causes Uproar Over The Correctness Of His Grammar by Sike(m): 3:23pm On Jan 21, 2018
Iamkuttie:
So,
Oyinbo too dey do mistake for grammar.
Make i see who will go correct me again here. sad
Re: Donald Trump's 'Past' Tweet Causes Uproar Over The Correctness Of His Grammar by CornFooPanda(m): 3:26pm On Jan 21, 2018
Shows nobody is above mistake
Re: Donald Trump's 'Past' Tweet Causes Uproar Over The Correctness Of His Grammar by Constantiney: 3:32pm On Jan 21, 2018
Didn't know some Americans are also idiotic when it comes to English. You got the message, it's a language and that's what matters.

Where he is how, many in the generations of all these idiots correcting his English have not and probably would never get there even with their perfect English.

Morons.
Re: Donald Trump's 'Past' Tweet Causes Uproar Over The Correctness Of His Grammar by Guyman02: 3:37pm On Jan 21, 2018
African Americans and Hispanics are witnessing the lowest unemployment level in history at 6.8% and 4% respectively and it will improve further.
America is witnessing the strongest economic growth in recent years

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Donald Trump's 'Past' Tweet Causes Uproar Over The Correctness Of His Grammar by Bollinger(m): 3:38pm On Jan 21, 2018
johnydon22:

"Past" and so?

That is the danger of a Trump presidency. Things that are not normal is now considered so, hence the discussion we are having. Should he be tweeting this frequently at all?

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump's 'Past' Tweet Causes Uproar Over The Correctness Of His Grammar by slowice(m): 3:40pm On Jan 21, 2018
See how Nigerians re cutting into anything America as if we don't have problems of our own to think of.... America is blessed n happy.... Nigeria is poor n sad we should deal with our wahala biko

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Poster Of Kenyan Female Political Aspirant Gets People Talking / Talibans Vow To Impose Islamic Law Worldwide / Putin Puts Russia’s Nuclear Forces On Alert, Cites Sanctions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.